Total Posts:72|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

annanicole's heaven-going for ALL believers

Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 7:26:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 9:09:12 PM, annanicole wrote:
"It's different though, because the religious have a reason to fulfill this prophecy, because the end times means Christ returns and then we all go to heaven." . . . .

Could you start a New Thread please and commence its content by listing the Story book text (Chapter(s), Verse(s) & Story book Version(s)) that unambiguously states ' heaven going for all genuine jebus' believers? '.

Here ya go annanicole, the Thread you couldn't Start so I did it for you -

Your turn now -

Off ya go!

Your vindicated mentor moi!
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 8:19:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Which part of it (specifically) are you questioning? I don't mind discussing it - IF the criterion for proof is, "What does the Bible teach ... on any given subject." I know very little of what the Talmud might teach ... or the Koran ... or Joseph Smith's frauds ... or Ellen White's visions. But I bet the amount that I know tops the amount that I care.

Certainly the Bible teaches that all genuine believers will be saved and go to heaven. "Believer' is derived, of course, from the Greek pistis or pisteuo define by Thayer as "belief, reliance, trust - conjoined with obedience." A so-called "genuine believer" has done those things and thus has the remission of his past sins and the hope of eternal life.

Based upon what the Bible teaches (not only the Bible, the Greek lexicons or dictionaries) exactly what do you disagree with?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 8:24:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If you want a passage, I'll cite Acts 16, the climax of the account of Paul and Silas with the Philippian jailer:

"Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, and brought them out, and said, 'Sirs, what must I do to be saved?' And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house."

There's a fella who "genuinely believed" in Jesus Christ. He was promised salvation based upon "genuine belief": he trusted in Christ and complied with the terms of pardon.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 9:45:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/18/2013 8:24:54 PM, annanicole wrote:
If you want a passage, I'll cite Acts 16, the climax of the account of Paul and Silas with the Philippian jailer:

"Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, and brought them out, and said, 'Sirs, what must I do to be saved?' And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house."

There's a fella who "genuinely believed" in Jesus Christ. He was promised salvation based upon "genuine belief": he trusted in Christ and complied with the terms of pardon.

Could you point out where this Story book passage mentions ' heaven-going? '.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 11:31:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/18/2013 9:45:13 PM, Composer wrote:
At 4/18/2013 8:24:54 PM, annanicole wrote:
If you want a passage, I'll cite Acts 16, the climax of the account of Paul and Silas with the Philippian jailer:

"Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, and brought them out, and said, 'Sirs, what must I do to be saved?' And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house."

There's a fella who "genuinely believed" in Jesus Christ. He was promised salvation based upon "genuine belief": he trusted in Christ and complied with the terms of pardon.

Could you point out where this Story book passage mentions ' heaven-going? '.

Saved is synonymous with "heaven-going." It is the opposite of "lost." Saved people go to heaven. Lost people go to hell.

I can't find that the jailer ever confess faith in Christ, yet I know he did - for one cannot received Christian baptism without confessing faith in Christ. The jailer was baptized; hence, he confessed his faith. Saved folks go to heaven. The jailer complied with God's plan for pardon. He was saved. Thus, unless he later fell away, upon death he went to heaven.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 11:32:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Man, I posted that one w/o an attempt at a proof.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 4:54:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/18/2013 11:31:12 PM, annanicole wrote:
Saved is synonymous with "heaven-going." It is the opposite of "lost." Saved people go to heaven. Lost people go to hell.

You are making assertions unsupported by your own preferred Story book!

The Story book is unambiguously clear that ' heaven-going for all believers ' is entirely spurious external propaganda!

Your vindicated mentor moi!
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 7:19:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
What exactly do you not understand?

Does the Bible teach such a concept as heaven?
Does the Bible teach that certain people will go to heaven?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 9:16:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 7:19:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
What exactly do you not understand?
Apart from your obvious irrationality bordering on insanity, I don't fully understand why dupes like you preach about ' heaven going for all genuine believers ' when you haven't got a scrap of legitimate evidence to support this claim either?

At 4/19/2013 7:19:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
Does the Bible teach such a concept as heaven?
That's an interesting point!

Yes it does! however there are more than one ' heaven's ' in the Story book bible!

It's obvious those like YOU are unaware what they are?

At 4/19/2013 7:19:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
Does the Bible teach that certain people will go to heaven?

The Story book only mentions one Story book individual ' going to Story book heaven where its Story book god resides '.

Apart from that Story book Historical mythical character, it DOES NOT speak of ANY genuine believers also going to that same location!

You should be appalled that you can't even provide evidence for ' heaven going for all believers ' considering the emphasis of importance you obviously now proven having erroneously placed upon it!

I also notice that no others also claiming to be a genuine believer, can offer any assistance either to this ideological plight of yours!

Your vindicated mentor & literal Saviour moi!
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 9:32:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 9:22:06 AM, Pennington wrote:
I have much evidence but I think Annanicole will handle this for you.

You have NO legitimate evidence either!

annanicole is struggling hopelessly from the onset, as were YOU when I was vindicated by successfully exposing YOU as just another jebus the eternal jew reject!

Much much much much much much better luck next times at something else because you failed here as well by claiming you have legitimate evidence for this when you likewise have nothing of value to offer either!

Your vindicated mentor & literal Saviour moi!
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 9:41:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 9:32:24 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/19/2013 9:22:06 AM, Pennington wrote:
I have much evidence but I think Annanicole will handle this for you.

You have NO legitimate evidence either!

annanicole is struggling hopelessly from the onset, as were YOU when I was vindicated by successfully exposing YOU as just another jebus the eternal jew reject!

Much much much much much much better luck next times at something else because you failed here as well by claiming you have legitimate evidence for this when you likewise have nothing of value to offer either!

Your vindicated mentor & literal Saviour moi!:

You need to have your mental health checked. You have not successfully shown to much the entire time you have been on this site. You seem to be the one who is delusional. You deny reality, like you winning the debate we had. But anyway, I have lost interest engaging you because of these facts. Annanicole has outright shown more cause and sense then you have, period.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 9:57:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 9:41:05 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/19/2013 9:32:24 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/19/2013 9:22:06 AM, Pennington wrote:
I have much evidence but I think Annanicole will handle this for you.

You have NO legitimate evidence either!

annanicole is struggling hopelessly from the onset, as were YOU when I was vindicated by successfully exposing YOU as just another jebus the eternal jew reject!

Much much much much much much better luck next times at something else because you failed here as well by claiming you have legitimate evidence for this when you likewise have nothing of value to offer either!

Your vindicated mentor & literal Saviour moi!:

You need to have your mental health checked. You have not successfully shown to much the entire time you have been on this site. You seem to be the one who is delusional. You deny reality, like you winning the debate we had. But anyway, I have lost interest engaging you because of these facts. Annanicole has outright shown more cause and sense then you have, period.

Then by all means crawl back to your cess-pit until you think you have grown a back-bone and wish to try your luck again against moi?

Your vindicated mentor & literal Saviour moi!

Much much much much better luck next times you wish to try again!
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 9:58:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Genesis 5:24
And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

2 Kings 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:13:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 9:58:39 AM, Pennington wrote:
Genesis 5:24
And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven. (John 3:13) KJV Story book

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits ; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (1 Cor. 15:23) KJV Story book

At 4/19/2013 9:58:39 AM, Pennington wrote:
2 Kings 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.

For starters you eternal jebus the jew reject: Story book jebus must have been a liar when it wrote in Story book land: . . . no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven . . . (John 3:13) KJV Story book

You need to actually start doing some proper study of your Story book claims as I am not doing all your homework for you entirely!
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:16:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 10:07:19 AM, Pennington wrote:
There is also Lazarus, the rich-man, and Abraham story.

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven. (John 3:13) KJV Story book

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits ; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (1 Cor. 15:23) KJV Story book

Much much much much much much much much much much better luck next times!
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:20:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 10:16:10 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/19/2013 10:07:19 AM, Pennington wrote:
There is also Lazarus, the rich-man, and Abraham story.

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven. (John 3:13) KJV Story book:
No man has ascended up to heaven. No one claimed as such. God came down and brought them to heaven. Not the same.

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits ; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (1 Cor. 15:23) KJV Story book:
Christ firstfruits.

Much much much much much much much much much much better luck next times!
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:31:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 10:20:30 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/19/2013 10:16:10 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/19/2013 10:07:19 AM, Pennington wrote:
There is also Lazarus, the rich-man, and Abraham story.

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven. (John 3:13) KJV Story book:

At 4/19/2013 10:20:30 AM, Pennington wrote:
No man has ascended up to heaven. No one claimed as such. God came down and brought them to heaven. Not the same.

Ascending Up is required whether taken by Story book god or not!

Now you are corrupting the text to suggest Story book jebus was misleading & deceiving readers that because YOU claim they were taken away, isn't the same as having to 'ascend ' regardless? LOL!

Do some proper homework knave and come back when you want to try your luck again!

Much much much much much much much much much much better luck next times!

Your vindicated mentor & literal Saviour moi!
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:43:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 10:31:30 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/19/2013 10:20:30 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/19/2013 10:16:10 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/19/2013 10:07:19 AM, Pennington wrote:
There is also Lazarus, the rich-man, and Abraham story.

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of man which is in heaven. (John 3:13) KJV Story book:

At 4/19/2013 10:20:30 AM, Pennington wrote:
No man has ascended up to heaven. No one claimed as such. God came down and brought them to heaven. Not the same.

Ascending Up is required whether taken by Story book god or not!:
Nope. It describes a man ascending on his own not with God.

Now you are corrupting the text to suggest Story book jebus was misleading & deceiving readers that because YOU claim they were taken away, isn't the same as having to 'ascend ' regardless? LOL!:
It isn't. taken and ascended. Taken is not by your own doing and ascended is by your own doing. Also both did not ascend, they were carried.

Do some proper homework knave and come back when you want to try your luck again!:
Seems like you should. You are either dishonest or uneducated.

Much much much much much much much much much much better luck next times!
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 12:35:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 9:32:24 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/19/2013 9:22:06 AM, Pennington wrote:
I have much evidence but I think Annanicole will handle this for you.

You have NO legitimate evidence either!

annanicole is struggling hopelessly from the onset, as were YOU when I was vindicated by successfully exposing YOU as just another jebus the eternal jew reject!

The only struggle I'm having is ascertaining how someone with enough ability to feed themselves without assistance can make so many egrarious errors.

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." (John 14: 1-3)


Much much much much much much better luck next times at something else because you failed here as well by claiming you have legitimate evidence for this when you likewise have nothing of value to offer either!

Remember, Composer rants, but doesn't answer:

Where is God the Father? Tell us!

" ... even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." (Matt 5: 48)
"Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name" (Matt 6: 9)

Very well. God the Father is in heaven.

Where is Jesus?

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." (John 1: 13)

Jesus was WITH the Father ... Jesus DESCENDED to the earth ... JESUS resided upon this earth ... He died ... He was buried ... He was resurrection ... He ascended BACK from when He came. Nothing could be plainer.

"Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God" (Acts 7: 55)

"But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God" (Heb 10: 12)

Your vindicated mentor & literal Saviour moi!

You are "vindicated" as a candidate for a mental ward: you can room with Dogknox.

You oughta realize that I'm not saying NOW - and have never said - that ANYBODY goes to heaven or hell when they die! They don't. When the body breathes its last, the spirit that was within that body goes to ... Hades - the unseen realm - not to the final abode. The thief on the cross is in ... Hades. The rich man in Luke 16 is in ... Hades. Lazarus in Acts 16 is in ... Hades. David is in ... Hades. Want proof?

"Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; he seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand ... " (Acts 2)

It is patently wrong for a Christian to talk about so-and-so being in heaven now. What GOES to heaven? Not "who"? WHAT? I'll tell you WHAT: resurrected, changed bodies that are re-animated by their spirits. That's what. And that day has not come yet, for anyone - save Jesus Christ. Resurrected, changed bodies re-inhabited by their spirits are also what will go to hell. No one is in hell right now, either. That day - the last day - judgment day - hasn't come yet.

You need to do a study of what the Bible really teaches concerning life after death. All spirits will go to Hades. That's precisely where Lazarus and the rich man were (and still are) in Act 16. The Hadean world is separated by a great gulf. On one side is "Paradise" or "Abraham's bosom". On the other is "Torments" or "Tartarus". Upon death, you are either gonna go to Paradise or Torments - but these are not eternal heaven where Jesus is nor eternal gehenna. Certainly not.

Jesus is in heaven. At the resurrection, the souls of those in Paradise or Tartarus will reunite with their bodies. THEN - and only then - will both body and spirit be placed in either eternal abode, whether heaven or gehenna.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 12:40:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
.... and I realize that I and other often refer to Paradise in Hades as heaven - but we do not mean "heaven" as the eternal resting place of the saved.

If you intend to quibble over the causal use of phrases in which everybody knows the intent, I can certainly speak and type very formally - but without the brevity.

The statement that the jailer went "to heaven" when he died is ... both true and false. It depends upon the manner in which one uses heaven.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 5:10:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 12:35:43 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 4/19/2013 9:32:24 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/19/2013 9:22:06 AM, Pennington wrote:
I have much evidence but I think Annanicole will handle this for you.

You have NO legitimate evidence either!

annanicole is struggling hopelessly from the onset, as were YOU when I was vindicated by successfully exposing YOU as just another jebus the eternal jew reject!

At 4/19/2013 12:35:43 PM, annanicole wrote:
The only struggle I'm having is ascertaining how someone with enough ability to feed themselves without assistance can make so many egrarious errors.

Not only do I feed myself with abundant Cult busting Truth but I also successfully feed other dupes like you and my past nearly 51 years of success is a glowing testimony vindicating moi!

At 4/19/2013 12:35:43 PM, annanicole wrote:
"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." (John 14: 1-3)

1. The passage(s) teaches nothing of the kind. Every reference to God's house in Scripture is to His house on the earth. See Jn. 2:16; 2 Kings 20:5; Micah 4, esp. vs. 1, 2. It is a false assumption to read into this passage that the Father's house is in heaven.
The passage does not refer to literal mansions in the ordinary sense of the word mansion, for a mansion, by definition, is larger than a house. How then can one have mansions in a house? The simple solution is that the house referred to is a spiritual house. Consider the following passages:
"Ye, also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." (1 Pet. 2:5).
"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God. . . " (Rev. 3:12). "And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; But Christ as a son over his own house [God's house, R.S.V.]; whose house are we if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end." (Heb. 3:5,6).
"Ye . . . are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit." (Eph. 2:19-22).
God's house is a spiritual one in which are many abiding places.1

Heaven is not an unprepared place. It is the Father's throne (Psa. 115:16; Matt. 5:34) where his will is done. (Matt. 6:10). Christ is preparing a place for his followers by his High Priestly mediation in the house of God. (Heb. 3:1-6). Under God, he is building the house of believers, preparing the stones for right and left-hand places of honour in his kingdom; God being judge of their worthiness. Jesus said to the mother of Zebedee's children: "To sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father." (Matt. 20:23).
If Christ's disciples went to heaven at death, then Christ's assurance, "I will come again, and receive you unto myself" would be a separation and not a reunion. (Jn. 14:3).

Some have mistakenly interpreted the "going away" to refer to Christ's crucifixion, and the "coming again" to his resurrection. The correct interpretation is that Christ was going away to his Father, and would come again to the earth.2 This can be shown from the following:
Jesus said, ". . . and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now say I to you." (Jn 13:33). Earlier Jesus had said to the Jews "Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me. Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come." (Jn. 7:33,34). See also Jn. 8:21. Since God is in heaven (Matt. 6:9), Jesus must have been referring to his going away to heaven.
In Jn. 14:12, Jesus said, "I go unto my Father."
Also in Jn. 14:28, Jesus said, "I go unto the Father."
"I will come again and receive you unto myself" is interpreted by Evangelicals to mean that Christ comes to gather the saints together and take them to heaven. But nowhere is his reign spoken of as being in heaven. See Luke 1:32,33; cf. Dan. 2:44; Psa. 2:6 and Isa. 2:3.
It is sometimes pointed out that Jesus said to Peter, "Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards." (Jn. 13:36). From this verse it is implied that Peter at his death would follow Christ to heaven. Two points require stressing;
Peter was promised a place on the earth, not in heaven. "Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? And Jesus said unto them . . . when the son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." (Matt. 19:27, 28). Jesus will sit in his throne at Jerusalem (Lk. 1:32,33) when he returns. (See also Matt. 25:31,32).
Jesus did not make contradictory assertions within the short space of four verses. It is known what John 13:36 does not mean. It does not mean that Peter would go to heaven. What does it mean? That Peter would follow his Master's death. Jesus told Peter what death he was to die. (Jn. 21:18,19). (wrestedscriptures.com)

Footnotes:

The Greek word translated "mansions" is "mone" and means "abode" or "abiding place." Robert Young, Analytical Concordance to the Holy Bible, 8th ed. (London: Lutterworth Press, 1965). "Mone" is translated "abode" in Jn. 14:23, and translated "abiding places" in John 14:2 R.V. Return

The allusion in Jn. 14:1-3 appears to be that of the High Priest's atonement for the sin of the people (Lev. 9). Likewise, Jesus must first offer the sacrifice, then present it in the Divine Presence and in due course come forth to bless the people in the name of the LORD. (Heb. 9:28). The literal going away requires a literal return.

Much much much much much much better luck next times at something else because you failed here as well by claiming you have legitimate evidence for this when you likewise have nothing of value to offer either!

Your vindicated mentor moi!
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 5:21:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 12:35:43 PM, annanicole wrote:
You need to do a study of what the Bible really teaches concerning life after death. All spirits will go to Hades.

LOL!


Oops!


Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Eccl. 12:7) KJV Story book

So we'll compare again annaicole's teachings against mine -

At 4/19/2013 12:35:43 PM, annanicole ineptly wrote:
You need to do a study of what the Bible really teaches concerning life after death. All spirits will go to Hades.

Composer points out to inept and false teaching annanicole the false teacher and deceiver and teller of lies who doesn't even know her own propaganda? LOL! -

. . . . the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Eccl. 12:7) KJV Story book

Your vindicated mentor, literal Saviour & successful Cult buster moi!
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 9:00:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Listen, Composer, any fool can endlessly copy and paste nonsense. Chances are very high that you have never even seen many of the scriptures you cite. Heck you are quoting some imbecilic materialist who actually thinks Jesus will come back to this footstool and plop down on a literal throne over in literal Jerusalem and reign for a literal 1,000 years. What a ridiculous speculation! Yet you assert it! Here are your words:

"Jesus will sit in his throne at Jerusalem (Lk. 1:32,33) when he returns. (See also Matt. 25:31,32)."

LMAO @ that. One can't take the Bible and prove that Jesus will ever set foot on this old earth again. Why would He? Does the Son of God have no higher aspirations than to lounge around with a bunch of duck-legged Jews? That's what happens, however, when supposed Christians sit around and speculate themselves into claiming that the first visit of Christ to earth was a failure.

That's just one example, and I'd invite you to attempt to formulate your responses in your own words with your own ideas. Quoting some fruitcake who is a Christadelphian of all things surely does not help your cause. Should you elect to study the Bible for yourself and write out your statements, I'll be happy to reply. Should you elect to copy and paste nonsense from Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholics, Holy Rollers, Mormons, Christadelphians, etc, then there's no need in individually answering each argument.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 9:07:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/20/2013 5:21:12 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/19/2013 12:35:43 PM, annanicole wrote:
You need to do a study of what the Bible really teaches concerning life after death. All spirits will go to Hades.

LOL!


Oops!


Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Eccl. 12:7) KJV Story book

So we'll compare again annaicole's teachings against mine -

At 4/19/2013 12:35:43 PM, annanicole ineptly wrote:
You need to do a study of what the Bible really teaches concerning life after death. All spirits will go to Hades.

Composer points out to inept and false teaching annanicole the false teacher and deceiver and teller of lies who doesn't even know her own propaganda? LOL! -

. . . . the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Eccl. 12:7) KJV Story book

Your vindicated mentor, literal Saviour & successful Cult buster moi!

Huh? The spirit does return to God at death. The spirit isn't dumped into the ground. The spirit also does not go to hell at death: it returns to God.

1. The spirit of the rich man returned to God at death.
2. The spirit of Lazarus returned to God at death.
3. The spirit of the thief on the cross returned to God at death.
4. The spirit of Jesus Christ returned to God at death.

Thus,

5. The spirit of Jesus Christ went to Hades at death.
6. The the spirits of the rich man, Lazarus, and thief also went to Hades.

But,

7. The thief went to Paradise
8. The rich man went to torments.

Thus,

9. Paradise and Torments are compartments IN Hades, separated by a great gulf.

Thus,

10. Since all spirits return to God at death, and since Jesus Christ went to Hades at death, and since all people go to Hades at death, then God is the God of Hades and is present IN Hades.

LMAO @ do not know what I believe. I believe that answers you. You can't dispute it, nor can you find a flaw in the reasoning.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 1:21:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/20/2013 9:07:30 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 4/20/2013 5:21:12 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/19/2013 12:35:43 PM, annanicole wrote:
You need to do a study of what the Bible really teaches concerning life after death. All spirits will go to Hades.

LOL!


Oops!


Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Eccl. 12:7) KJV Story book

So we'll compare again annaicole's teachings against mine -

At 4/19/2013 12:35:43 PM, annanicole ineptly wrote:
You need to do a study of what the Bible really teaches concerning life after death. All spirits will go to Hades.

Composer points out to inept and false teaching annanicole the false teacher and deceiver and teller of lies who doesn't even know her own propaganda? LOL! -

. . . . the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Eccl. 12:7) KJV Story book

Your vindicated mentor, literal Saviour & successful Cult buster moi!

At 4/20/2013 9:07:30 PM, annanicole wrote:
Huh? The spirit does return to God at death.

That's what I said you liar for jebus the eternal jew boy!

I appropriately & correctly quoted Eccl. 12:7 unambiguously refuting YOU!

YOU claimed that it went to Hades, LOL!

HADES, occurs 11 times in the Greek Testament, and is improperly translated in the common version 10 times by the word hell. It is the word used in the Septuagint as a translation of the Hebrew word sheol, denoting the abode or world of the dead, and means literally that which is in darkness, hidden, invisible, or obscure. As the word hades did not come to the Hebrews from any classical source, or with any classical meanings, but through the Septuagint, as a translation of their own word sheol, therefore in order to properly define its meaning recourse must be had to the various passages where it is found. The Hebrew word sheol is translated by hades, in the Septuagint, 60 times out of 63 ; and though sheol in many places, (such as, Gen. xxxv. 35 ; xiii. 38 ; 1 Sam. ii. 7 ; 1 Kings ii. 6 ; Job xiv. 13 ; xvii. 13, 16, &c.,) may signify keber, the grave, as the common receptacle of the dead, yet it has the more general meaning of death ; a state of death ; the dominion of death. To translate hades by the word hell, as is done ten times out of eleven in the New Testament, is very improper, unless it has the Saxon meaning of helan, to cover, attached to it. The primitive signification of hell, only denoting what was SECRET OR CONCEALED, perfectly corresponds with the Greek term hades and its Hebrew equivalent sheol, but the theological definition given to it at the present day by no means expresses it. (EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT Alphabetical Appendix)

At 4/20/2013 9:07:30 PM, annanicole wrote:
The spirit isn't dumped into the ground.

ALL spirits besides alchoholic ones are more human invention!

Apart from a Story book concept your legitimate evidence for it also remains a constant zero!

You are telling blatant lies now to try to save face!

I quoted from your Story book (Eccl. 12:7) that Story book spirit didn't go to Hades but went straight to Story book heaven!

You are a liar & a deceiver and as we already proved, yet just another Story book jebus the eternal jew boy fraud & reject!

At 4/20/2013 9:07:30 PM, annanicole wrote:
it returns to God.
You earlier claimed a genuine believer (IF one could be found outside of your Story book) went to heaven where jebus' Story book god resides, but here you are contradicting yourself claiming it goes to Hades?

The Hebrew word sheol is translated by hades, in the Septuagint, 60 times out of 63 ; and though sheol in many places, (such as , Genesis xxxv. 35 ; xiii. 38 ; 1 Sam. ii. 7 ; 1 Kings ii. 6 ; Job xiv. 13 ; xvii. 13, 16, &c.,) may signify keber, the grave, as the common receptacle of the dead, yet it has the more general meaning of death ; a state of death ; the dominion of death. (EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT Alphabetical Index)

Your vindicated mentor, literal Saviour & successful Cult buster moi!

You ridicule the christadelphian quotes I gave, so why do you deny some Story book text & not others apart from your being a jebus' fraud & reject?
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 1:44:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/20/2013 9:07:30 PM, annanicole wrote:
10. Since all spirits return to God at death, and since Jesus Christ went to Hades at death, and since all people go to Hades at death, then God is the God of Hades and is present IN Hades.

ALL Supernatural gods are 100% human fabrication and YOU nor any one else can legitimately prove otherwise!

So using your inept analogy above, why was it necessary for the supposed trinitarian jebus (actually the eternal jew boy) to go to Hades where the other alleged trinitarian god is already present you claimed?

Story book states that jebus will be sitting at his god's right hand side in Story book heaven but you are claiming what? that jebus the eternal jew boy won't but will be instead stiing at the right-hand side of its god in Hades?

Story book also states that jebus the eternal jew boy will be descending from Story book heaven And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven (Mark 14:62) KJV Story book and NOT coming from Hades which YOU claim?

At 4/20/2013 9:07:30 PM, annanicole wrote:
LMAO @ do not know what I believe.
That's because you are inept and can't legitimately sustain nor articulate your fanciful Non-Original, NON-earliest believers ideology apart from your illegitimate and fanciful Cult based Johnny Come Lately trinitarian thoughts!

Does your specific Cult have a Statement of Faith or is it (as it appears) simply made up and concocted as you stumble along?

At 4/20/2013 9:07:30 PM, annanicole wrote:
I believe that answers you. You can't dispute it, nor can you find a flaw in the reasoning.

In reality where I dwell, you like Pennington & others here, remain corrected and exposed as an inept Story book jebus the eternal jew boy fraud & reject!

Your vindicated mentor & literal Saviour moi!

Much much much much much better luck next times!
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 2:03:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 1:51:58 AM, Pennington wrote:
@Composer, You are a sad sad sad individual.

LMAO @ that dimwit first copying and pasting from the cult-like Christadelphian group, then turning around and citing a Jehovah's Witnesses-approved Bible translation. I knew he'd have to embrace heretics in order to have something to copy and paste.

I know full well how to define gehenna, hades, and sheol, Composer. I doubt I'd need a one-man commentary from a Bible which is perverted into teaching Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine to explain it to me. I could explain it to them, though. I'm still rolling .. and laughing out loud ...at our atheist version of Dogknox having to appeal to ... what? ... the Christadelphian (a border-line cult) and, of all people, the Jehovah's Witness (a bonafide cult) for his information. Why? Because no one else believes the heretical nonsense - that's why! He has nowhere else to turn, so he appeals to nutcases. How sad!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."