Jump to topic:

Acts 17:11 Church brings salvation

Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 3:04:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Bereans were MORE NOBLE because they listen to the TEACHING of Paul/Church without being told to listen!

The Bereans REJECTED "Scriptures ALONE"!

The people of Thessalonica believed in the "Scriptures ALONE"> Thus they were the LESS NOBLE; They refused to listen to Paul/Church outright!

Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

BUT....
But the people of Thessalonica have an EXCUSE when they stand in judgement.. Their Old Testament scriptures did not have written "Listen to the Church" as we have in our New Testaments!
Today; All who reject the the teaching of the CHURCH have NO EXCUSE, they are NOT NOBLE: They must reject the scriptures to believe "Scriptures alone" bring salvation!

Scriptures teach.. "Listen to the Church"!
Scriptures teach.. "The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth"!
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 3:33:11 PM
Glory be to St. Dogknox.

Sancti Filum.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 5:17:04 PM
At 4/22/2013 3:33:11 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
Glory be to St. Dogknox.

Sancti Filum.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 6:04:10 PM
At 4/22/2013 3:04:56 PM, Dogknox wrote:
The Bereans were MORE NOBLE because they listen to the TEACHING of Paul/Church without being told to listen!

Listening to an inspired man like the apostle Paul in no way equates with listening to fallible, error-riddled old farts sittin' on velvet chairs, does it? In fact, "listening to Paul" doesn't even equate with "listening" to the true church in New Testament days. Your knuckle-head ideas are nothing less than majority-rule, and if the majority-screws it up - then one should "listen" to them and follow them in their apostasy.

Listening to Paul WAS listening to scriptures: Paul was inspired. What he said or wrote are "scriptures". There are no Paul's today: hence, we are left with the record written of what Paul said and wrote.

The people of Thessalonica believed in the "Scriptures ALONE"> Thus they were the LESS NOBLE; They refused to listen to Paul/Church outright!

LMAO @ that. The passage says, very plainly:

"These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."

The Bereans were "more noble" than those in Thessalonica. Why? Well, can't you read?

1. The received the word of Paul with "readiness of mind", and
2. They searched the scriptures to double-check and see if the things Paul was saying were borne out by the scriptures.

That's not hard. What if we apply that to Catholicism? Let's all listen to the Catholic Church, THEN search the scriptures and see if what they are telling us is so. Will that work for you? Of course not. Why? Because so much of this Catholic silliness is not found anywhere in the scriptures.

Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Can Catholics do that? Why don't you try it with the Assumption of Mary. Give it a pop. Dang, Dogknox, we can search the scriptures indefinitely "to see if what the Catholic Church said was true." It ain't even IN the scriptures!

BUT....
But the people of Thessalonica have an EXCUSE when they stand in judgement.. Their Old Testament scriptures did not have written "Listen to the Church" as we have in our New Testaments!

I'll quit the discussion and become a Catholic if you can EVER find where people in general were to "listen to the church." I know that a fella should listen to the church IF he has wronged another Christian. I know that a fella should listen to the church IF he and the other party can't work it out. THEN he should. Repeat: I'll quit the discussion and run out and become a Catholic if you can find where EVERYONE is to "listen to the church" on doctrinal issues.

Today; All who reject the the teaching of the CHURCH have NO EXCUSE, they are NOT NOBLE: They must reject the scriptures to believe "Scriptures alone" bring salvation!

See the deal above. It's rather easy. Yet you can't do it. You'll continue to spout "listen to the church" by perverting and misapplying a passage that refers to a certain individual and a certain situation. You've been repeatedly told to thoroughly analyze that passage - in Greek and English. What do you do? Why, you choose to your own detriment to continue to remain in ignorance.

Repeat: I will drop the discussion and become a braindead Catholic like you if you can cite ONE passage in which people in general - not one person in one particular situation - are ever told to "listen to the church."

Sure if they teach it. If they don't, then they aren't. See the deal above, and be sure to cite the passage so we all can see it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 6:20:25 PM
Let's be Bereans:

*** The Catholic Church says the name of the church is ... the Catholic Church.

Let's be Bereans! We'll "search the scriptures daily to see if what the Catholic Church says be true".

I searched. I can't find hint nor mention of any "Catholic Church". I can find that the church is pure, blameless, holy, and catholic - as an institution. But by dang, I can't find any mention of any Catholic Church no more than I can a Pure Church. How would you like that? The Holy Pure Church? I searched. 'Tain't there. Do away with it.

*** The Catholic Church says ... that Mary, "having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory." That's the Assumption of Mary.

Let's be Bereans! We'll "search the scriptures daily to see if what the Catholic Church says be true".

Alright, not a mention nor a hint of that outlandish nonsense. The Bible was concluded, either likely or certainty - depending on what dates one assigns, after the death of Mary (or after she should have died.) Any mention of her being "assumed" into heaven, bodily. Of course not. One can search the scriptures in vain without running across that outlandish tale. Let's drop it. No need in holding onto it.

*** The Catholic Church says ... the church is organized into a pope, cardinals, archbishops, bishops, and priests. That's what they say. Everyone knows they say that.

I'll convert to Catholicism if anyone can find a pope, cardinal, or archbishop in the Book. Not all three. Any ONE of them. I searched ... in vain. Let's be Bereans! All of those concocted hierarchal offices can be dropped! We can obey God without them! They are purely the inventions of man!

Let's be Bereans, Dogknox. Whatever the Catholic Church says that is verified by the Bible - KEEP IT! Get rid of all these modifications ... these additions ... these subtractions. If you do, you'll simply have a church of God ... a church of Christ.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 6:32:26 PM
Just some things that hurts the OP. Seven churches in Asia are named in Revelations and none are the Roman Catholic one.

Revelation 3:22, "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

It plurals churches because men separate themselves. There is one church of Jesus and that Church is beyond any physical presence on earth, hence RCC. All who call on Jesus Christ shall be saved and all who are saved are Christian and all Christians are in that Church, regardless of differences or belief.

This is the only verse in all of the Bible that says listen to the church and it doesn't even say listen to the Church but allow the church to resolves personnel issues if parties can not themselves. The church applied here is any Christian Church that applies scripture.

Matthew 18:17, "And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican."

The OP is blatantly erroneous. The Bible never says listen to one church if any at all. The Church is to help individuals on issue they have problems with. The reason we should allow the physical church to dominate our lives and command us, is because man-made churches lie and lead people astray. The Bible is clear that the individual can find salvation and forgiveness from the scripture and within ourselves.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 7:20:42 PM
I find it sad, that a person like the OP is trying to get us to believe in a human made church rather than Jesus Christ, The Word, our Lord and Savior.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 7:42:32 PM
At 4/22/2013 7:20:42 PM, Pennington wrote:
I find it sad, that a person like the OP is trying to get us to believe in a human made church rather than Jesus Christ, The Word, our Lord and Savior.
The proven eternal jew-boy jebus said itself in Story book land that it wasn't ' the word ' -

e.g. "In the beginning was the Word." That word "beginning"; immediately disqualifies the one described as "the Word" as also being Story book almighty god. Why? Because these self-acclaimed believers also claim their almighty god didn't have a beginning. cf. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou [art] God. (Psalm 90:2) KJV Story book (cf. John 1: 1) KJV Story book

&

. . . . the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: . . . . (John 14:10) KJV Story book

i.e. the words jebus the eternal jew boy spoke were ' derived from another ', hence not innate, which they would be had jebus the eternal Story book jew boy been the word itself!

No wonder Dogknox, Pennington & annanicole are jebus the Story book jew boy rejects!

Your vindicated mentor & literal Saviour moi!

Pennington, Dogknox & annanicole unambiguously thrashed by moi!

Next!
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 7:44:30 PM
At 4/22/2013 7:20:42 PM, Pennington wrote:

I don't believe St. Dogknox was drawing that dichotomy.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 7:50:51 PM
The church is the saved. All the saved are in the church. There is no such situation, by the very nature of things, as being saved and not in the church - or vice versa. One particularly harmful concept is: "Be saved at one point, then at some later point, 'join' up with some 'church'." The Bible doesn't teach that. One might 'join' some local congregation - or 'affiliate' with it. But that is a local congregation of the same church to which the person was added when he was saved.
Suqua
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 9:27:38 PM

BUT....

Sad! Sad! Dogknox, still kicking against the pricks? Listen to the scriptures, for in them contain the knowledge unto salvation. Amen! Amen!
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 9:45:27 PM
At 4/22/2013 5:17:04 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
Glory be to St. Dogknox.

Sancti Filum.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 11:04:18 PM
Composer: "e.g. "In the beginning was the Word." That word "beginning"; immediately disqualifies the one described as "the Word" as also being Story book almighty god. Why? Because these self-acclaimed believers also claim their almighty god didn't have a beginning. cf. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou [art] God. (Psalm 90:2) KJV Story book (cf. John 1: 1) KJV Story book"

Anna: You've become a 7th-Day Adventist now, eh? Round and round Composer goes, in which cult he lands - no one knows.

Composer: "the words jebus the eternal jew boy spoke were ' derived from another ',

Anna: Sure they were. The were derived from God the Father which dwelt in Jesus. "In the beginning was the word (Jesus), and the word (Jesus) was with God (the Father), and the word (Jesus) was God (a member of the godhead)." The FATHER dwelt in the SON, and the SON dwelt in the FATHER, and the FATHER supplied the words Jesus spoke.

Composer: "hence not innate, which they would be had jebus the eternal Story book jew boy been the word itself!"

Anna: Why would they be? He just said the Father supplied the speech, didn't He?
"Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works."

From Christadelphian to Jehovah's Witness to 7th Day Adventist, poor Composer just can't decide FROM WHICH CULT SITE TO POST NEXT. Notice how severely he avoids mainline Christianity? How many of these cults that you cite are mentioned in the Bible, Composer? If you can't find a 7th Day Adventist in there, why cite them?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 12:14:55 AM
CHURCH brings the words of God to the whole world!

Acts 13:44
On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.

46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.
47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us:
""I have made you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.""

DID YOU SEE IT?? Verse # 46.. "We had to speak the word of God to you first."
The Jews REJECT the TEACHING of "The CHURCH", just as "YOU"!
They reject the TEACHING of CHURCH so they reject "Eternal Life"!

"We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life

The GENTILES accept the TEACHING of CHURCH they have Eternal life!
The Jews are the first People to believe in "Scriptures ALONE" they are the first to reject "Eternal Life"! All who believe in "Scriptures ALONE" reject LIFE!

The Bereans found the truth because Paul TAUGHT the Bereans the truth!
The TEACHING of Paul was "the RESURRECTION"!
The Jews to this very day do not believe in the resurrection because they just like the Bereans have only the "Old Testament"!
PROVING.....
Proving beyond all doubt salvation comes by the TEACHING of the CHURCH!
The RESURRECTION must be TAUGHT by the CHURCH to the Bereans the Bereans accepted the TEACHING of the CHURCH thue they are the "More Noble"!!
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 12:28:34 AM
At 4/23/2013 12:14:55 AM, Dogknox wrote:

On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.

46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

"We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life

The Jews are the first People to believe in "Scriptures ALONE" they are the first to reject "Eternal Life"! All who believe in "Scriptures ALONE" reject LIFE!

The Jews to this very day do not believe in the resurrection because they just like the Bereans have only the "Old Testament"!
PROVING.....
The RESURRECTION must be TAUGHT by the CHURCH to the Bereans the Bereans accepted the TEACHING of the CHURCH thue they are the "More Noble"!!

Not one scripture that says the listen to the church.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 12:52:11 AM
"Not one scripture that says the listen to the church."

Of course not - not any passage that speaks to people in general. His "passage" speaks to a specific person. Not only that, it speaks to a specific person who is in a specific situation. Not only that, it speaks to a specific situation when other means of resolution have failed. Only THEN does Jesus say, "Hear the church."

Poor Dogknox - living up to his reputation as a smatterer - is taking a very specific passage with a very specific intent and twisting and perverting to apply to all mankind. And he knows it. He's out fishing with a trotline - hoping someone will take the bait.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 9:57:20 AM
At 4/23/2013 12:28:34 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/23/2013 12:14:55 AM, Dogknox wrote:

PROVING.....

Not one scripture that says the listen to the church.
Pennington The CHURCH teaches.. The CHURCH brings salvation to the whole world; to the ends of the earth.

DID YOU SEE IT??? "To the ends of the earth"!
Jesus does NOT LIE.. he did not leave his Holy Catholic CHURCH!

Pennington Jesus is ALWAYS WITH the only Church he formed.. The SAME CHURCH that made the bible, the same church that brings salvation to the ends of the earth!!
LOOK...
Matthew 28:20
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

Pennington Jesus is ALWAYS WITH the only Church he formed.. The SAME CHURCH that TEACHES all NATIONS!

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

Pennington The ONLY CHURCH with a TWO THOUSAND year history is the Holy Catholic CHURCH!
.................NONE OTHER..............

The ONLY CHURCH TEACHING ALL NATIONS is "The Holy Catholic Church!"

Jesus is ALWAYS with his BRIDE to the end of the world!!
Jesus did not leave her, he did not abandon his true LOVE!
Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Jesus died for his ONE HOLY CATHOLIC BRIDE!
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Pennington QUESTION: "Do you BLAME the Holy Catholic CHURCH"?
27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

Pennington QUESTION: Do you believe the words of GOD!? Did Jesus lie? Is the Holy Catholic Church: The only CHURCH he loves, the only CHURCH he died for, the ONLY Church teaching all nations, the only Church Jesus is always with...BLAMELESS!?

Dogknox
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 10:28:17 AM
"Do you BLAME the Holy Catholic CHURCH"?

Maybe. Aren't bishops and deacons blameless, too? Were those bishops who covered up all the sex scandals "blameless"?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 2:57:47 PM
At 4/23/2013 10:28:17 AM, annanicole wrote:
"Do you BLAME the Holy Catholic CHURCH"?

Maybe. Aren't bishops and deacons blameless, too? Were those bishops who covered up all the sex scandals "blameless"?
annanicole So to get it straight.. "You reject the words of God as lies!"

God said.. word for word.. John 3:16 "All who believe in Jesus will have eternal life"!
Believing means you have trust "God does not lie"! It is just this simple!
annanicole Jesus "The WORD" wrote the scriptures!
Scriptures tell you.. "Listen to the CHURCH"!
THE CHURCH can be the ONLY CHURCH Jesus formed; The ONLY CHURCH Jesus is always with, to the end of the world!

annanicole THE CHURCH can only be the Church that TEACHES ALL NATIONS!

On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord.
45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.
"I have made you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth."

THE CHURCH can only be the one Paul and Barnabas speaks the WORDS OF GOD in! The CHURCH that brings salvation to the ends of the earth."
The CHURCH that Jesus died for.
The CHURCH Jesus LOVES!
The CHURCH Jesus tells you is; "Holy & BLAMELESS"!

annanicole in the newspaper yesterday was an article about, a Baptist Preacher up on charges of Pedaphellia... PROVING all men are sinners, not just Catholics!!
The Catholic Church is full of sinners right to the rafters. Full of sinners otherwise there would be no need for the CHURCH!

annanicole The Scriptures "Jesus' words" tell you "The CHURCH Jesus formed his his BODY!
Are you saying Jesus is a sinner???! To think the Church is with stain and is to be blamed is to think Jesus is to be blamed and is stained, it means Jesus' body is NOT HOLY!! Is this what you are saying?!

Are you saying; "Jesus left his body!?"
Are you saying; "Satan overpowered Jesus' holy blameless body and kicked Jesus out of his body!" And now somehow, Satan is incharge of Jesus' ONE HOLY CATHOLIC APOSTOLIC BODY, is this it, is this what you believe?!
annanicole Are you saying; "God needed your man made church to restore God' body back to God!?"

Are you saying; "Without you and your man made church, God would be stuck without his bride, his body, his love!?"

annanicole You do see how you must twist and massage and massage the scriptures, twisting them until your church and your beliefs make any sense!!
You are forced to REJECT the scriptures as outright lies from the mouth of God!

You fight against Jesus, you reject Jesus, you reject the scriptures as LIES!

Dogknox
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 3:11:58 PM
At 4/22/2013 9:45:27 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 4/22/2013 5:17:04 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
Glory be to St. Dogknox.

Sancti Filum.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 3:20:29 PM
At 4/22/2013 9:27:38 PM, Suqua wrote:

BUT....

Sad! Sad! Dogknox, still kicking against the pricks? Listen to the scriptures, for in them contain the knowledge unto salvation. Amen! Amen!
Suqua good to hear from you...
Yes and the scriptures point you to the CHURCH!
The CHURCH Jesus formed uses her scriptures as a guide to TEACH all nations!

Suqua The scriptures are indeed USEFUL.. They are not alone used by the CHURCH!
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful
No scriptures say the scriptures are "ALONE" used!
Suqua The scriptures tell CHRISTIANS to hold to the TRADITIONS that were TAUGHT to them.
1 Corinthians 11:2
I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the traditions just as I passed them on to you.

Suqua The CHURCH has the AUTHORITY to TEACH all nations!
Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations...

FACT...
Suqua fact is, there were very few bibles until the seventeenth century, MOST...
Most people could not read until the Eighteenth Century!

The Holy Catholic CHURCH brought Jesus and salvation to the world!
On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord.
45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.

The Holy Catholic CHURCH brought Jesus and salvation to the ends of the earth!!!!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 8:56:32 PM
Dogknox: ""Do you BLAME the Holy Catholic CHURCH"?

Anna: Maybe. Aren't bishops and deacons blameless, too? Were those bishops who covered up all the sex scandals "blameless"?

Dogknox: "in the newspaper yesterday was an article about, a Baptist Preacher up on charges of Pedaphellia... PROVING all men are sinners, not just Catholics!!
The Catholic Church is full of sinners right to the rafters. Full of sinners otherwise there would be no need for the CHURCH!"

Anna: Dogknox proves my point. "The Catholic Church is full of sinners," he says. Honestly, I think so too.

Dogknox, you need to give us a Biblical definition of "sinner"! Biblically, a sinner isn't just "someone who sins or has sinned." You should know better than that. A sinner is someone who habitually - as a manner of life - sins, and has either (1) never complied with God's terms of pardon or (2) has renounced his faith and returned to the world. Is the Roman Catholic Church full of such people? I'd say it's full of the first option, and with Dogknox's approval, "The Catholic Church is full of sinners."
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 9:33:12 PM
At 4/23/2013 8:56:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
Dogknox: ""Do you BLAME the Holy Catholic CHURCH"?

Anna: Maybe. Aren't bishops and deacons blameless, too? Were those bishops who covered up all the sex scandals "blameless"?

Dogknox: "in the newspaper yesterday was an article about, a Baptist Preacher up on charges of Pedaphellia... PROVING all men are sinners, not just Catholics!!
The Catholic Church is full of sinners right to the rafters. Full of sinners otherwise there would be no need for the CHURCH!"

Anna: Dogknox proves my point. "The Catholic Church is full of sinners," he says. Honestly, I think so too.

Dogknox, you need to give us a Biblical definition of "sinner"! Biblically, a sinner isn't just "someone who sins or has sinned." You should know better than that. A sinner is someone who habitually - as a manner of life - sins, and has either (1) never complied with God's terms of pardon or (2) has renounced his faith and returned to the world. Is the Roman Catholic Church full of such people? I'd say it's full of the first option, and with Dogknox's approval, "The Catholic Church is full of sinners."

You and your trinititarian brothers Pennington & Dogknox are also a jebus the eternal jew boy rejects like yourself and are also proven fraudulent believers like yourself -

e.g. No one who abides in him keeps on sinning;(A) no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. (1 John 3:6) ESV Story book

Every one the in him abiding, not sins; every one the sinning, not has seen him, nor has known him. (1 John 3:6) E. Diaglott Story book

every one who is remaining in him doth not sin; every one who is sinning, hath not seen him, nor known him. (1 John 3:6) YLT Story book

I have yet to examine your legitimate proofs that the E.D & YLT are illegitimate translations? so you can start with the 1 John 3: 6 comparisons above, LOL!

&

Compare your now defeated beliefs with these words by the former Bishop of Woolwich, Dr. Robinson, in his book, "Honest to God," in a passage where he was explaining how most Christians view Jesus:

"Jesus was not a man born and bred, he was God for a limited period taking part in a charade. He looked like a man, but underneath he was God dressed up - like Father Christmas."

Many church people find the bishop's reference to Father Christmas offensive. Yet apart from that, they agree that this is a fair statement of church teaching. If Story book jesus was really a god, or even a mighty angel who once lived in heaven, then he was never a real man, but a Divine Person dressed up in human flesh. (Source: http://www.god-so-loved-the-world.org... - Alan Hayward is a christadelphian and his factual statement also thrashes the entire trinitarian premiss!)

&

IF Story book jebus = 100% a man, then there is NO room for a god!

100% human means EXACTLY that.

Fully, totally completely 100% human, means just that.

Nothing more, and nothing less!

100% Pure Orange juice is nothing but pure Orange juice.

The very definition of 100% fully human, excludes a god!

If there were something, anything about this Story book jebus that was non-human, it would immediately disqualify it as being 100% human!

trinity remains in tatters!

Salvation towards a Supernatural MYTH is irrational and foolish and that's precisely what proponents of this Story book human devised BS is!

Your mentor & personal successful literal Saviour, moi!

Me Composer the ongoing successful & vindicated Cult buster!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 10:51:28 PM
"I have yet to examine your legitimate proofs that the E.D & YLT are illegitimate translations? so you can start with the 1 John 3: 6 comparisons above, LOL!"

I didn't say that Young's Literal Translation is "illegitimate". No way. The Emphatic Diaglott is. Both are one-man shows and are rejected as such. Heck, I'd reject my own translation: I'd reject ANY translation that was produced by ONE man. That Diaglott was toted around by Jehovah's Witnesses for YEARS. Why? Because unlike the standard translations, it set forth JW doctrine - especially in the commentary portion.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 10:54:21 PM
"trinity remains in tatters!"

Then debate it. Just remember my little stipulation: any copy/pastes are limited to pertinent quotes from Greek grammars and Greek lexicons. That's it. That'll end your debate right there: you don't know enough about it to debate it.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 11:05:28 PM
The Holy Catholic CHURCH brought Jesus and salvation to the world!

The Holy Catholic CHURCH continues to bring Jesus and salvation to the ends of the earth!!!!

Jesus is ALWAYS with his CHURCH!
Jesus does NOT LIE! Jesus said.. "LISTEN TO THE CHURCH OR BE TREATED AS A PAGAN"!
The CHURCH mentioned in the Scriptures, the CHURCH all are to listen to; Can only be the same CHURCH Paul and Barnabas are in, the same church that brings salvation to the ends of the earth.
The same Church Jesus is ALWAYS with to the end of the world! The same Church that TEACHES all Nations! The same CHURCH Timothy is bishop of!
The same Church that BAPTIZES all nations!
The same church that we are told is the; "Pillar and the foundation of truth!"
The same Church Martin Luther protested against!
The same Church Saint Augustine is bishop in!
The same Church Jesus loves!
The same Church Peter Shepherds!
The same Church Jesus died for!
The same Church with Popes and Bishops!
The same Church Jesus feeds.
The same Church that is BLAMELESS!
The same Church that is HOLY!
The same Church that is Jesus' body!

The Holy Catholic Church is the only Church Jesus formed, the only Church Jesus is always with to the very end of the world, the only Church that teaches all nations!

Dogknox
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 11:47:17 PM
Dogknox: "Jesus does NOT LIE! Jesus said.. "LISTEN TO THE CHURCH OR BE TREATED AS A PAGAN"!

Anna: I'll quit the discussion if Jesus ever told people in general - like you and me - to listen to any church. Why don't you tell us exactly who is to listen to the church, Dogknox? Why lie? Why misrepresent? Why hide all the time? Does not truth itself demand that you correct represent matters?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 11:54:53 PM
Dogknox: "The same Church that BAPTIZES all nations!"

Anna: I'll quit the discussion and become a Catholic heretic if you can find any command for anyone to baptize nations before those nations are TAUGHT! The Bible says:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matt 28: 19)

That verse says (Go) ... (Teach) ... (Baptize) ... (Continue to teach). Look at your nonsense: "Go pour some water on their heads first, then teach 'em later." You need to find where the church or apostles are told to go and baptize them - then teach them. Can Dogknox win a convert? Or will he squirm around and NEVER find Jesus SAYING what the Catholic Church is TEACHING?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 12:01:00 AM
Dogknox: "The same CHURCH Timothy is bishop of!"

Anna: Who cares? BUT ... just to make a point: I'll quit the discussion, admit you are right on everything, and become a Catholic - IF you can take a Bible and prove that Timothy was ever a bishop of ANYTHING! It's in your hands, Dogknox. Ya know: "Prove all things .... " That's what the Good Book says (The same Good Book that you've said is dead, lifeless, cloudy). You've made the statement concerning Timothy - not me. I'll call your hand, of course - but only to demonstrate that you have no idea what you are talking about.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 12:08:40 AM
Dogknox: "The CHURCH mentioned in the Scriptures"

Anna: LMAO. Find it! No hint .. no mention .. no allusion ... to any so-called Roman Catholic or Hoy Catholic Church in the Bible from lid-to-lid, yet the poor soul says it is "mentioned." LMAO. Yeah, it is:

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times SOME shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."

I see it! I found a mention of the Roman Catholic Church! See that "some" up there? The same "some" who demands celibacy? The fish Friday folks? The same ones that EXORCISE spirits? Draw your own conclusions - 'tis plain enough!

LMAO @ "mentioned". Dogknox sees the word "church" and thinks "Dat us! Dat us!"