Jump to topic:

Jesus Christ is NOT Yahweh of the OT

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 1:27:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
For the Gnostics, the creator of this world wasn't the true prime creator, but a demiurge, a "craftsman", a fallen angel, who also has an evil side. While the real God, the true prime creator (who Jesus calls "father") is unrestrictedly good, an imperfect demiurge created an imperfect world.

It has been shown that the Gnostics identified this imperfect demiurge-"god" with the god of the Old Testament, who they also called Yaldabaoth, who wants to keep humans in a state of ignorance in a material world and who punishes their attempts to achieve knowledge and insight (to "eat from the tree of knowledge").

The demiurge is a lesser god who wants to be the only one. The text The Apokryphon of John (or The Secret Book of John) states: "He is impious in his madness that dwells in him.

For he said, "I am God and no other god exists except me", since he is ignorant of the place from which his strength had come". (Cf. Ex 20:23 and Deut 5:7). Could this be the explanation of all the abominable cruelties, which after all are literally described in the Old Testament?

http://www.christian-reincarnation.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 1:27:57 AM
Christians on this site appear to be dumbfounded when I claim that Jesus is not Yahweh, they tell me as if it's obvious that Jesus IS Yahweh as part of the Triune God. But that is merely the mainstream myth.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 1:31:07 AM
So... why should we subscribe to Gnosticism?
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 1:34:23 AM
At 4/23/2013 1:27:57 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Christians on this site appear to be dumbfounded when I claim that Jesus is not Yahweh, they tell me as if it's obvious that Jesus IS Yahweh as part of the Triune God. But that is merely the mainstream myth.

No, the perception you just posted is the myth.

The fact that Jesus Christ is Yahweh can be determined by comparing the following Old Testament verses with the corresponding New Testament verses.

Isaiah 40:3 speaks about preparing the way for the LORD (Yahweh). When we compare this verse with Mark 1:3 we readily see that Jesus is the LORD who had the way prepared for him by John the Baptist.

In Joel 2:32a it says that whoever calls upon the Name of the LORD (Yahweh) will be saved. This verse is quoted by Peter in Acts 2:21, and by Paul in Romans 10:13. Both apostles are clearly referring to Jesus as the LORD.

In Isaiah 6:1-10 we read about the marvelous vision that Isaiah had revealing the glory of the LORD (Yahweh). John tells us, in John 12:40-41, that this vision revealed the glory of Jesus.

In Isaiah 44:6, Yahweh refers to himself as "the First and the Last". In Revelation 1:8 and 17, Jesus similarly refers to himself as "the Alpha and the Omega" and "the First and the Last".

In Zechariah 12:10 the LORD (Yahweh) is speaking and says that, "they will look on Me whom they have pierced."[4] This is obviously Jesus speaking (Psalm 22:16; John 19:34). This passage from Zechariah appears again in Revelation 1:7b and is clearly about Jesus Christ.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 1:46:47 AM
At 4/23/2013 1:31:07 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
So... why should we subscribe to Gnosticism?

The Gnostics were the earliest Christian sect and were the first group to be persecuted. Constantine, a power hungry tyrant, burned the Gnostic texts. The Gnostic texts contained liberating spirituality that would have undermined his reign. The Council of Nicea compiled the Bible and voted on Jesus' divinity. Why would I trust a tyrannical regime to tell me what spiritual books to read. I think I'd rather look at the books they're trying to hide from me that don't serve their agenda.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 1:49:43 AM
The passage in Joel is conclusive:

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

"And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call." (Joel 2: 28-32)

Then on Pentecost - in Jerusalem - Peter confirms beyond a doubt that "this is that" - and it seems to me that "that is that."

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: and on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: and I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: the sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: and it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Acts 2: 17-21)

"Lord" in Joel 2 is Yahweh. "Lord" in Acts 2: 21, by all accounts, has reference to Jesus Christ. Same difference. No wonder Christians are dumbfounded.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 1:52:33 AM
"The Gnostics were the earliest Christian sect and were the first group to be persecuted."

Oh, c'mon. The Gnostics were in no manner ... by no stretch ... the first Christian sect. Numerous sects of Christianity existed well prior to the emergence of Gnostics. And certainly Christians were persecuted before Gnostics existed.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 1:53:09 AM
At 4/23/2013 1:34:23 AM, Pennington wrote:

The fact that Jesus Christ is Yahweh can be determined by comparing the following Old Testament verses with the corresponding New Testament verses.

You presume a premise that I have explicitly rejected. I don't rely on the OT and NT to confirm eachother, I look to extra-Biblical sources to get the bottom of this.

"Irenaeus (church father of Christianity) picked only a fraction of the available literature on Jesus. He excluded (from the Bible) some of the most popular texts, such as the gospel of Thomas and the gospel of the Hebrews (by far the two most popular texts among early Christians). Either the memory was lost of what was old and what was new (Irenaeus claims that Mark and Luke were eyewitness which of course they were not) or the Church was already at work to completely reinvent the story of Jesus to suit whatever ideology. For example, if one wanted people to believe in Paul's letters, then he would probably choose those four gospels over all the other ones. The fact is that the dogma immediately ignited a very contentious issue."

http://www.scaruffi.com...
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 2:00:54 AM
At 4/23/2013 1:52:33 AM, annanicole wrote:
"The Gnostics were the earliest Christian sect and were the first group to be persecuted."

Oh, c'mon. The Gnostics were in no manner ... by no stretch ... the first Christian sect. Numerous sects of Christianity existed well prior to the emergence of Gnostics. And certainly Christians were persecuted before Gnostics existed.

"[The Gnostic] sect was formed during the century after Christ and is probably the first of the many branches which have sprung from the main trunk of Christianity."
-- Manly P. Hall, The Secret Teachings of All Ages

http://www.amazon.com...

Manly P. Hall his a highly regarded scholar, revered by top religious scholars like Huston Smith, is a 33rd Degree Freemason and has hidden knowledge and suppressed texts that no one has except maybe the Vatican Library. He is also the founder of the Philosophical Research Society.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 2:04:13 AM
At 4/23/2013 1:53:09 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

You presume a premise that I have explicitly rejected. I don't rely on the OT and NT to confirm eachother, I look to extra-Biblical sources to get the bottom of this.:
That's your problem then. You do know that Gnosticism is in the Luciferian doctrine.

"Irenaeus (church father of Christianity) picked only a fraction of the available literature on Jesus. He excluded (from the Bible) some of the most popular texts, such as the gospel of Thomas and the gospel of the Hebrews (by far the two most popular texts among early Christians). Either the memory was lost of what was old and what was new (Irenaeus claims that Mark and Luke were eyewitness which of course they were not) or the Church was already at work to completely reinvent the story of Jesus to suit whatever ideology. For example, if one wanted people to believe in Paul's letters, then he would probably choose those four gospels over all the other ones. The fact is that the dogma immediately ignited a very contentious issue."

http://www.scaruffi.com...

What you want me to post hundreds of people who reject this belief.
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 2:06:06 AM
At 4/23/2013 2:00:54 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

"[The Gnostic] sect was formed during the century after Christ and is probably the first of the many branches which have sprung from the main trunk of Christianity."

Manly P. Hall his a highly regarded scholar, revered by top religious scholars like Huston Smith, is a 33rd Degree Freemason and has hidden knowledge and suppressed texts that no one has except maybe the Vatican Library. He is also the founder of the Philosophical Research Society.

Yes, Manly p. Hall is a Satanist. He writes about worshipping Lucifer. I have read a couple of his books.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 3:02:48 AM
"Manly P. Hall his a highly regarded scholar, revered by top religious scholars like Huston Smith, is a 33rd Degree Freemason and has hidden knowledge and suppressed texts that no one has except maybe the Vatican Library. He is also the founder of the Philosophical Research Society."

Oh, gee ... thanks. I was worried there for a minute, but when I saw the "33rd Degree Freemason" part in conjunction with the "secret texts" he possesses, all fears were eliminated
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 3:07:03 AM
and has hidden knowledge

Sounds like a Gnostic.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 3:21:47 AM
Hairesis: a body of men following their own tenets (sect or party)

"For, in the first place, when you come together as a church, I hear that divisions exist among you; and in part I believe it. For there must also be factions among you, so that those who are approved may become evident among you." (I Cor 11: 18-19)

"For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?" (I Cor 3: 4)

"Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ." (I Cor 1: 12)

Paul said there were sects, factions, among the Corinthians. How so? They had the habit of claiming to be "of" someone - someone in particular that they esteemed moreso than they should. Those are the first Christian sects of which we have reference, Mr. Hall's secret info notwithstanding.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 3:52:25 AM
At 4/23/2013 3:40:32 AM, APB wrote:
Gnosticism is bullsh!t as well.

Thanks. I'll make a note of it.
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 3:56:24 AM
[...] for doubt itself is an attribute of Saturn (Satan). Those who are not striving for the highest, partake of the lowest.
" Manly P Hall; Magic: A Treatise on Esoteric Ethics

If Satan were to go out of the scheme, man would be burned up by the fiery passions of Mars and the angels of Lucifer. Without the chill, caution, and curbing of Saturn, his soul would speedily be lost in utter debauchery and licentiousness. If on the other hand, Lucifer should withdraw, man would soon be a stone again, incapable of incentive, of motion or emotion, and chained, like the sufferers of Dante's Inferno, by the icy fingers of death.
" Manly P Hall; Magic: A Treatise on Esoteric

Satan is not a spirit of destruction. There is no essential evil in the universe. Our present form of the devil is merely derived from the Greek nature god Pan. As Goethe says, Mephistopheles, or Satan, "is part of the power that still works for good while ever scheming ill." Satan is really karma, but he is more than that. He is the temptation from which arises strength. When the Mysteries were celebrated in ancient Egypt, there was an evil spirit called Typhon or Set who brought about the death of the good Osiris. It is the red Set that has given us our concept of the devil; but Set was nothing but the material world, the ground of man's temptation, and also the environment in which he gains immortality through self-discipline. Therefore, Set, or Satan is divine opportunity; the world into which we come in ignorance but from which we depart in wisdom.
" Manly P Hall; How to Understand Your Bible

em>The Children of the Dark Birth who labor in the blackness of this substance, molding it into myriads of unseen and unmeasured form, are not evil. They are the sons of Saturn (Satan), the Black Father, who, like the very darkness of chaos itself, must in time swallow all his creations and, in so doing, bring them back to life again from the death that men call creation.
" Manly P Hall; Magic: A Treatise on Esoteric Ethics
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 4:59:29 AM
At 4/23/2013 3:21:47 AM, annanicole wrote:
Hairesis: . . . .

You didn't give the source of your definition for ' Hairesis? '.

Going on your other Cult ideologies, this one came from them also, LOL!
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 5:01:33 AM
At 4/23/2013 4:59:29 AM, Composer wrote:

It is a pitiful existence to look forward to getting online and mocking people, sad, sad boy.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 5:17:32 AM

Oh, sorry ... "hairesis" means a faction, a division, a sect, that sort of thing. The word has different shades of meaning, depending on the entity being divided, but as it applies to groups of people, it is correctly translated "divisions" ... "factions" ... "sects", i. e. sections of a whole
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 5:18:29 AM
At 4/23/2013 5:01:33 AM, Pennington wrote:

It is a pitiful existence to look forward to getting online and mocking people, sad, sad boy.

Ha,ha ... true .. but hey, i answered him
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 5:37:45 AM
As a proven fraudulent believer of the eternal jew boy jebus it is those like YOU that believe in MYTHS!

The only facts are that Story book jebus is 100% a Historical MYTH!

In Joel 2:32a it says that whoever calls upon the Name of the LORD (Yahweh) will be saved. This verse is quoted by Peter in Acts 2:21, and by Paul in Romans 10:13. Both apostles are clearly referring to Jesus as the LORD.
Wrong again you jebus the eternal jew boy reject & fraud!

There is no indication in the Old Testament that the Messiah would be a person before his conception. The very opposite was taught: The Messiah would expressly not be God, but a unique, final "prophet like Moses," coming into being from a family in Israel (see Deut. 18:15-19; Acts 3:22; 7:37) - " It was impossible for the Apostles to identify Christ with Jehovah. Psalm 110:1 and Malachi 3:1 prevented this " (Charles C. Bigg, D.D. Regius Professor of Ecclesiastical History, Oxford, in International Critical Commentary on I Peter).

&

Acts 2:
22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man clearly attested to you by God with powerful deeds, wonders, and miraculous signs that God performed among you through him, just as you yourselves know"
23 this man, who was handed over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you executed by nailing him to a cross at the hands of Gentiles.

The Story book apostle Peter taught that jebus is a man, not God, or even a God, or even on the same level as God.

Note also that Story book Peter distinguishes jebus from Story book God, and says that jebus was a man through whom Story book God worked, not that he was God who became man.

In his speech to the people after he had healed the lame man, the Story book apostle Peter tells them that jebus was the fulfillment of the prophecy given by Moses, that God would send them a Messiah who was a man like them:

&

Acts 3:
22 Moses said, "The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your brothers. You must obey him in everything he tells you.
23 Every person who does not obey that prophet will be destroyed and thus removed from the people."

Note that Peter tells the crowd that jebus was a prophet like Moses, from among their brothers. He does not tell them that jebus is God, or that he came down from heaven.

In his speech to a law court, the apostle Stephen likewise tells them that jebus was the fulfillment of the prophecy given by Moses, that God would send them a Messiah who was a man like them:

Acts 7:
37 This is the Moses who said to the Israelites, "God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your brothers.

He uses the same quote as the apostle Peter had used, telling them that the prophet God would send (the Messiah), would be 'of your brethren, like unto me' - in other words, a man, a human being.

When he was in Athens, the Story book apostle Paul was speaking to some people about who jebus was. In his speech, he told them clearly that jebus was a man who received authority from his God:

Acts 17:
30 Therefore, although God has overlooked such times of ignorance, he now commands all people everywhere to repent,
31 because he has set a day on which he is going to judge the world in righteousness, by a man whom he designated, having provided proof to everyone by raising him from the dead."

Here Story book Pauly says that jebus is a man appointed by his God to judge the world. Paul does not preach that jebus is God. He preaches that jebus is a man authorised by God, a man whom God has appointed.

In his first letter to Timothy, the Story book apostle Pauly says that there is one God, and that there is one mediator between God and men, and that is jebus christ, who he says is a man:

1 Timothy 2:
5 For there is one God and one intermediary between God and humanity, Christ Jesus, himself human,
6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, revealing God"s purpose at his appointed time.

Here we have God on one side, and humans on the other. In between we have the man jebus, - a man, not God.

It couldn't be any clearer. The Story book apostles ALL taught time and time and time again that jebus was a man at his birth, and was still a man after his resurrection and going to the Father.

It was impossible for the Apostles to identify Christ with Jehovah. Psalm 110:1 and Malachi 3:1 prevented this " (Charles C. Bigg, D.D. Regius Professor of Ecclesiastical History, Oxford, in International Critical Commentary on I Peter).

Your vindicated mentor & literal Saviour moi!
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 5:44:29 AM
No one has said Jesus was not a man. Actually address the issue. You are confused, you first say that Jesus was not a man and know he is, get it together. Also your spelling is awful.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 5:49:48 AM
I think he's off finding another cult in which to place his trust - until he finishes copying and pasting something from them.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 3:26:20 PM
At 4/23/2013 3:40:32 AM, APB wrote:
Gnosticism is bullsh!t as well.

You have no knowledge. Retract this statement.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 3:30:10 PM

I hate to break it to you, but if x "sprung" from y, then y existed before x.

Your quote is saying the gnostics were one of the first to specialize/branch out (I don't know the context).
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 3:39:48 PM
At 4/23/2013 1:27:57 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
GeoLaureate8 I am of the understanding "Freemasons" are Gnostics!!!
They are trying to obtain enlightenment becoming as gods!

Dogknox
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 4:11:07 PM
At 4/23/2013 3:07:03 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
and has hidden knowledge

Sounds like a Gnostic.

False. A Gnostic is an early Christian sect. Manly P. Hall is not a Gnostic. Are you saying that every person with knowledge or hidden knowledge is an early Christian? That is quite an extraordinary claim.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 4:19:28 PM
At 4/23/2013 4:11:07 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
False. A Gnostic is an early Christian sect. Manly P. Hall is not a Gnostic. Are you saying that every person with knowledge or hidden knowledge is an early Christian? That is quite an extraordinary claim.

No, I'm saying that those who claim hidden knowledge sound like Gnostics.

Gnostics claimed that they had hidden knowledge which was necessary for salvation.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 5:55:18 PM
At 4/23/2013 4:19:28 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 4/23/2013 4:11:07 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

No, I'm saying that those who claim hidden knowledge sound like Gnostics.

He doesn't claim hidden knowledge. I'm saying he has hidden knowledge. Being such a ranking Freemason, he has access to rare books.

Gnostics claimed that they had hidden knowledge which was necessary for salvation.

Manly P. Hall founded the Philosophical Research Society, he doesn't ascribe to any religion. He isn't an apologist for Gnostic's, he writes about all sorts of esoteric religions and the mystery schools.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat