Jump to topic:

Condoms

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 2:06:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Until 2010 the Catholic Church was vehemently against the use of condoms, fomenting the spread of AIDS across Africa. But as it does on many issues, the RCC flipped its view. What is your view on condoms?

For more advanced members:
1. Is the pull out method okay?
2. Is the calendar method okay?
3. Is manual and oral stimulation okay?
4. If a spouse contracted several STDs, and you want to have sex with them, is it okay to use a condom or barrier?
5. Is birth control okay?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 3:33:57 PM
At 5/2/2013 2:06:53 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Until 2010 the Catholic Church was vehemently against the use of condoms, fomenting the spread of AIDS across Africa. But as it does on many issues, the RCC flipped its view. What is your view on condoms?

Not optimal but it won't ruin yer day.

What's that?

Of course. Just don't rely exclusively on it. Much more to do.

4. If a spouse contracted several STDs, and you want to have sex with them, is it okay to use a condom or barrier?

It would appear necessary wouldn't it?

Never used it but I can't imagine having a problem with someone else doing so.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 5:19:28 PM
Until 2010 the Catholic Church was vehemently against the use of condoms, fomenting the spread of AIDS across Africa.
That's not what foments the spread of AIDS, promiscuity along with unsafe practices does. If you are going to abide by the Church's teachings, you should begin with no premarital sex, followed by fidelity to your spouse, followed by sex for procreation only. If you didn't follow any of the above, why in the world would you follow the no condom rule? Answer: you wouldn't.

But as it does on many issues, the RCC flipped its view.
It did? No one told me.

What is your view on condoms?
Rubbers are of sailors, baby!

It's awesome!

Only if combined with 1 above; otherwise, no way man!

Hell yeah! Especially when it's someone else's hand and mouth!

No way! Divorce time!

Yes, the pill is awesome...but I still suggest to use it in conjunction with 1 above. Especially if there are trust issues.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 5:47:46 PM

The Catholic church's position was that the distribution of condoms would lead to sexual immorality. It's the same reason that many who are socially conservative oppose sex-ed in school, or even if they do favor it, wish to constrain it to abstinence only or abstinence plus programs.

My argument would be that one must weigh the value of sexual morality, whatever it is, with the value of saving lives by preventing the transmission of HIV infection. So, without discounting the value of sexual morality, is it of such great importance that it is worth preventing the saving of lives? I would think not.

But to answer your question, condoms are necessary for sexual intercourse if one wishes to engage in sexual intercourse safely. They are not facilitators of moral deviancy (nor are other conventional forms of contraceptives, for that matter).

(1) Not to prevent STIs, and not really to prevent pregnancy either.
(2) Not at all.
(3) If both are consenting adults, sure.
(4) It damn well ought to be.
(5) Yes.
Tsar of DDO
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:01:14 PM
This post was targeted toward religious people, preferably the nutty variety.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:10:20 PM
At 5/2/2013 6:01:14 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

I'm sorry to disappoint.
Tsar of DDO
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:18:04 PM
At 5/2/2013 6:10:20 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/2/2013 6:01:14 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

I'm sorry to disappoint.

You're too rational and well-spoken. Go set your couch on fire for a change.
Sanfran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:22:01 PM

comdums are bad because they let people have sex, and having sex means u might have a baby, which means too many people.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:30:27 PM
At 5/2/2013 6:22:01 PM, Sanfran wrote:
comdums are bad because they let people have sex, and having sex means u might have a baby, which means too many people.

OberHerr, drag Mr. Malthus away please.
Sanfran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:33:54 PM
At 5/2/2013 6:30:27 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

thats not my name.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:37:12 PM
At 5/2/2013 6:33:54 PM, Sanfran wrote:

thats not my name.

It was a joke, broseph. Thomas Malthus predicted that the exponentially increasing population size and arithmetically increasing food supply in England and elsewhere would lead to mass starvation. He was proved wrong within his lifetime as food production increased exponentially. http://mises.org...
Sanfran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:41:19 PM
At 5/2/2013 6:37:12 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

thats not my name.

It was a joke, broseph. Thomas Malthus predicted that the exponentially increasing population size and arithmetically increasing food supply in England and elsewhere would lead to mass starvation. He was proved wrong within his lifetime as food production increased exponentially. http://mises.org...

he would have been right if superstore markets werent invented. my garden cant have enough food for me
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:45:06 PM

Although abstaining as long as possible is preferable, if you want to have pre-marital sex, or marital sex even, condom usage is not bad.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Sanfran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:46:03 PM
At 5/2/2013 6:45:06 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Although abstaining as long as possible is preferable, if you want to have pre-marital sex, or marital sex even, condom usage is not bad.

wrong. condoms make people have sex, because a lot of people that have sex have them.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:46:20 PM
At 5/2/2013 6:41:19 PM, Sanfran wrote:

thats not my name.

he would have been right if superstore markets werent invented. my garden cant have enough food for me

You really cannot be serious. It's impossible.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Sanfran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:47:45 PM
At 5/2/2013 6:46:20 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

thats not my name.

You really cannot be serious. It's impossible.

its weird to think about i know. if it werent for that, we would be so hungry by now.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:47:48 PM

thats not my name.

That was the most retarded thing ever. Send this to Imabench.

Super markets don't make the food smarty, its where you buy them. Food production increased due to farming technology. The fact you either don't have enough room or are a bad farmer does not mean food production has not improved.

I'm totally serious, that was the most uninformed statement ever.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Sanfran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:50:31 PM
At 5/2/2013 6:47:48 PM, 16kadams wrote:

thats not my name.

Super markets don't make the food smarty, its where you buy them. Food production increased due to farming technology. The fact you either don't have enough room or are a bad farmer does not mean food production has not improved.

but people dont buy food from farmers. they dont even have check out counters.
Sanfran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 6:51:50 PM
At 5/2/2013 6:50:31 PM, Sanfran wrote:
At 5/2/2013 6:47:48 PM, 16kadams wrote:

thats not my name.

but people dont buy food from farmers. they dont even have check out counters.

i dont mean they make the food, i mean thats where people go to get it. your rude
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 7:16:20 PM

thats not my name.

are you retarded or something?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Sanfran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 7:20:36 PM
At 5/2/2013 7:16:20 PM, imabench wrote:

thats not my name.

are you rude or something?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 7:21:30 PM
At 5/2/2013 7:20:36 PM, Sanfran wrote:

thats not my name.

Yeah, now answer my question.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Sanfran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 7:23:00 PM
At 5/2/2013 7:21:30 PM, imabench wrote:

thats not my name.

im not stupid. im in life skills. i learn how to live.
Sanfran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 7:24:50 PM
At 5/2/2013 7:23:00 PM, Sanfran wrote:

thats not my name.

im smart. i can add and subtract the fastest, even faster than dianna
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 7:27:15 PM
At 5/2/2013 7:24:50 PM, Sanfran wrote:

thats not my name.

What's -1 + -2 - -3?
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 7:27:40 PM

Being in life skills doesnt mean youre not stupid....

Sanfran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 7:29:40 PM
At 5/2/2013 7:27:15 PM, Subutai wrote:

thats not my name.

What's -1 + -2 - -3?

what is the first minus sine to?
Sanfran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 7:30:25 PM
At 5/2/2013 7:29:40 PM, Sanfran wrote:
At 5/2/2013 7:27:15 PM, Subutai wrote:

thats not my name.

What's -1 + -2 - -3?

what is the first minus sine to?

you dont even know how to do math. your minus sines are wrong.
Sanfran
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 7:31:40 PM
At 5/2/2013 7:27:40 PM, imabench wrote:

Being in life skills doesnt mean youre not stupid....

being in life skills means your smart. thats why they chose you. because u know life best, and they only want the best to learn it more