Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

WLC Strong Arguments

Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 6:56:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Do you know any strong arguments from William Lane Craig? Please post the strongest argument he makes for the existence of God. I'm debating atheists on facebook who think he is a slick con artist with sh!t for brains.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 8:26:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/5/2013 6:56:01 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Do you know any strong arguments from William Lane Craig? Please post the strongest argument he makes for the existence of God. I'm debating atheists on facebook who think he is a slick con artist with sh!t for brains.

so what you're saying is that you're that douche that takes positions solely for sake of contrariety?...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 8:27:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I personally like the Leibnizean cosmological argument.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 8:33:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The moral argument

lolz jk
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 8:45:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/5/2013 8:26:44 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/5/2013 6:56:01 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Do you know any strong arguments from William Lane Craig? Please post the strongest argument he makes for the existence of God. I'm debating atheists on facebook who think he is a slick con artist with sh!t for brains.

so what you're saying is that you're that douche that takes positions solely for sake of contrariety?...

Nah, I've seen the Facebook group hes talking about, those people deserve to be mocked
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 8:49:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/5/2013 8:45:10 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 5/5/2013 8:26:44 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/5/2013 6:56:01 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Do you know any strong arguments from William Lane Craig? Please post the strongest argument he makes for the existence of God. I'm debating atheists on facebook who think he is a slick con artist with sh!t for brains.

so what you're saying is that you're that douche that takes positions solely for sake of contrariety?...

Nah, I've seen the Facebook group hes talking about, those people deserve to be mocked

Yeah sure, mock them for their stupidity, but don't go dig up one sh!tty assertion from an established theist so you can argue a position you know is dubious.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Radar
Posts: 424
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 8:51:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/5/2013 6:58:17 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Please help!

Nah. Let them wallow in their own stupidity. Even his trained philosophical opponents don't take him lightly.
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 9:44:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Never read him. There are better Christian philosophers, imho. Try Brian Leftow.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
wiploc
Posts: 1,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 11:32:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/5/2013 6:56:01 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Do you know any strong arguments from William Lane Craig?

No.

Please post the strongest argument he makes for the existence of God.

They're all worthless.

I'm debating atheists on facebook who think he is a slick con artist with sh!t for brains.

They have to choose one or the other. If they think he's a con artist, then they have no reason to think he's stupid. He says stupid things, but that's because he's lying. He's obviously a smart person.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 8:28:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/5/2013 11:32:51 PM, wiploc wrote:
At 5/5/2013 6:56:01 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Do you know any strong arguments from William Lane Craig?

No.

Please post the strongest argument he makes for the existence of God.

They're all worthless.

I'm debating atheists on facebook who think he is a slick con artist with sh!t for brains.

They have to choose one or the other. If they think he's a con artist, then they have no reason to think he's stupid. He says stupid things, but that's because he's lying. He's obviously a smart person.

I do not think he is lying, I think he is just delusional due to Christianity. You can be smart and delusional....This does not make him a liar. I mean, his argument for a personal cause is so bad that we would think he cannot honestly believe it. However, I believe he does believe it.
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 8:37:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/9/2013 8:28:57 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 5/5/2013 11:32:51 PM, wiploc wrote:
At 5/5/2013 6:56:01 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Do you know any strong arguments from William Lane Craig?

No.

Please post the strongest argument he makes for the existence of God.

They're all worthless.

I'm debating atheists on facebook who think he is a slick con artist with sh!t for brains.

They have to choose one or the other. If they think he's a con artist, then they have no reason to think he's stupid. He says stupid things, but that's because he's lying. He's obviously a smart person.

I do not think he is lying, I think he is just delusional due to Christianity. You can be smart and delusional....This does not make him a liar. I mean, his argument for a personal cause is so bad that we would think he cannot honestly believe it. However, I believe he does believe it.

Buahahahahahahaha. At all this. You can say this for those opposing but you cannot tell them that, must be delusion.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 8:47:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/5/2013 6:56:01 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Do you know any strong arguments from William Lane Craig? Please post the strongest argument he makes for the existence of God. I'm debating atheists on facebook who think he is a slick con artist with sh!t for brains.

Um I'm not sure what your asking for, will you explain then I can give you advice. thanks.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 9:48:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/9/2013 8:37:03 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 5/9/2013 8:28:57 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 5/5/2013 11:32:51 PM, wiploc wrote:
At 5/5/2013 6:56:01 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Do you know any strong arguments from William Lane Craig?

No.

Please post the strongest argument he makes for the existence of God.

They're all worthless.

I'm debating atheists on facebook who think he is a slick con artist with sh!t for brains.

They have to choose one or the other. If they think he's a con artist, then they have no reason to think he's stupid. He says stupid things, but that's because he's lying. He's obviously a smart person.

I do not think he is lying, I think he is just delusional due to Christianity. You can be smart and delusional....This does not make him a liar. I mean, his argument for a personal cause is so bad that we would think he cannot honestly believe it. However, I believe he does believe it.

Buahahahahahahaha. At all this. You can say this for those opposing but you cannot tell them that, must be delusion.

Huh? If somebody is wrong they are either lying or delusional. I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt and claiming he is delusional. Its not a "diss". Our brains are not perfect we can all be delusional. I thought me ex cheated on me when she did not. I was delusional. There were a lot of Atheistic arguments I thought were good in the past that I thought were good, I ditched them. I was delusional because they were wrong, now I my beliefs are more fine-tuned. I am not dissing your knight in shining armor my friend, I am just stating a fact about humanity.
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 10:00:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/9/2013 9:48:05 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Huh? If somebody is wrong they are either lying or delusional. I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt and claiming he is delusional. Its not a "diss". Our brains are not perfect we can all be delusional. I thought me ex cheated on me when she did not. I was delusional. There were a lot of Atheistic arguments I thought were good in the past that I thought were good, I ditched them. I was delusional because they were wrong, now I my beliefs are more fine-tuned. I am not dissing your knight in shining armor my friend, I am just stating a fact about humanity.

Though I respect doctor Craig, he is not a knight in shining armor. I have some arguments that may be better than his. That was not my point, my point is you say he(matter of fact include all) theist are delusional. Without looking at yourself as possibly being delusional. Lack of knowing or understanding or experiencing does not make you right. What if all the people who said they have a relationship with God and know Him are in fact correct. You cannot show any different. Therefore, it is you who appears to be delusional to have position without admitting you maybe wrong for lack of experience. I could be wrong. The reason I do not think so is kinda like your reasons for being opposite to mine, you see physical and only the universe, it is all you know, it is what I see and know and experience also. Though, I experience God and someone who has never cannot even attempt to tell someone who has they haven't just because they haven't.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 10:05:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/9/2013 10:00:18 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 5/9/2013 9:48:05 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Huh? If somebody is wrong they are either lying or delusional. I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt and claiming he is delusional. Its not a "diss". Our brains are not perfect we can all be delusional. I thought me ex cheated on me when she did not. I was delusional. There were a lot of Atheistic arguments I thought were good in the past that I thought were good, I ditched them. I was delusional because they were wrong, now I my beliefs are more fine-tuned. I am not dissing your knight in shining armor my friend, I am just stating a fact about humanity.

Though I respect doctor Craig, he is not a knight in shining armor. I have some arguments that may be better than his. That was not my point, my point is you say he(matter of fact include all) theist are delusional. Without looking at yourself as possibly being delusional. Lack of knowing or understanding or experiencing does not make you right. What if all the people who said they have a relationship with God and know Him are in fact correct. You cannot show any different. Therefore, it is you who appears to be delusional to have position without admitting you maybe wrong for lack of experience. I could be wrong. The reason I do not think so is kinda like your reasons for being opposite to mine, you see physical and only the universe, it is all you know, it is what I see and know and experience also.

"Though, I experience God and someone who has never cannot even attempt to tell someone who has they haven't just because they haven't."

Ya and people "experience" alien abductions. People "experience" Buddha. There is no reason why anybody should believe you that what you experience is genuine. If it was, everyone would have the same experience. They do not. They experience the God they believe in, showing it is in the mind.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 10:07:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/9/2013 10:00:18 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 5/9/2013 9:48:05 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Huh? If somebody is wrong they are either lying or delusional. I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt and claiming he is delusional. Its not a "diss". Our brains are not perfect we can all be delusional. I thought me ex cheated on me when she did not. I was delusional. There were a lot of Atheistic arguments I thought were good in the past that I thought were good, I ditched them. I was delusional because they were wrong, now I my beliefs are more fine-tuned. I am not dissing your knight in shining armor my friend, I am just stating a fact about humanity.

Though I respect doctor Craig, he is not a knight in shining armor. I have some arguments that may be better than his. That was not my point, my point is you say he(matter of fact include all) theist are delusional. Without looking at yourself as possibly being delusional. Lack of knowing or understanding or experiencing does not make you right. What if all the people who said they have a relationship with God and know Him are in fact correct. You cannot show any different. Therefore, it is you who appears to be delusional to have position without admitting you maybe wrong for lack of experience. I could be wrong. The reason I do not think so is kinda like your reasons for being opposite to mine, you see physical and only the universe, it is all you know, it is what I see and know and experience also. Though, I experience God and someone who has never cannot even attempt to tell someone who has they haven't just because they haven't.

All you have done is CLAIM to experience God on DDO. That does not mean you have. Anybody can claim anything lol
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 10:10:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/9/2013 10:05:46 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 5/9/2013 10:00:18 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 5/9/2013 9:48:05 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Huh? If somebody is wrong they are either lying or delusional. I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt and claiming he is delusional. Its not a "diss". Our brains are not perfect we can all be delusional. I thought me ex cheated on me when she did not. I was delusional. There were a lot of Atheistic arguments I thought were good in the past that I thought were good, I ditched them. I was delusional because they were wrong, now I my beliefs are more fine-tuned. I am not dissing your knight in shining armor my friend, I am just stating a fact about humanity.

Though I respect doctor Craig, he is not a knight in shining armor. I have some arguments that may be better than his. That was not my point, my point is you say he(matter of fact include all) theist are delusional. Without looking at yourself as possibly being delusional. Lack of knowing or understanding or experiencing does not make you right. What if all the people who said they have a relationship with God and know Him are in fact correct. You cannot show any different. Therefore, it is you who appears to be delusional to have position without admitting you maybe wrong for lack of experience. I could be wrong. The reason I do not think so is kinda like your reasons for being opposite to mine, you see physical and only the universe, it is all you know, it is what I see and know and experience also.

"Though, I experience God and someone who has never cannot even attempt to tell someone who has they haven't just because they haven't."

Ya and people "experience" alien abductions. People "experience" Buddha. There is no reason why anybody should believe you that what you experience is genuine. If it was, everyone would have the same experience. They do not. They experience the God they believe in, showing it is in the mind.

Hoe do know people are not experiencing aliens or Budda? I experience my God because that is who I believe in(hence my God). I do not deny people are not experiencing something they call aliens or Budda.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 10:12:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/9/2013 10:07:00 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 5/9/2013 10:00:18 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 5/9/2013 9:48:05 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Huh? If somebody is wrong they are either lying or delusional. I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt and claiming he is delusional. Its not a "diss". Our brains are not perfect we can all be delusional. I thought me ex cheated on me when she did not. I was delusional. There were a lot of Atheistic arguments I thought were good in the past that I thought were good, I ditched them. I was delusional because they were wrong, now I my beliefs are more fine-tuned. I am not dissing your knight in shining armor my friend, I am just stating a fact about humanity.

Though I respect doctor Craig, he is not a knight in shining armor. I have some arguments that may be better than his. That was not my point, my point is you say he(matter of fact include all) theist are delusional. Without looking at yourself as possibly being delusional. Lack of knowing or understanding or experiencing does not make you right. What if all the people who said they have a relationship with God and know Him are in fact correct. You cannot show any different. Therefore, it is you who appears to be delusional to have position without admitting you maybe wrong for lack of experience. I could be wrong. The reason I do not think so is kinda like your reasons for being opposite to mine, you see physical and only the universe, it is all you know, it is what I see and know and experience also. Though, I experience God and someone who has never cannot even attempt to tell someone who has they haven't just because they haven't.

All you have done is CLAIM to experience God on DDO. That does not mean you have. Anybody can claim anything lol

How can I possibly make you experience God? I cannot. It is fallacy that you are committing here. In the same way that I would if I said your lack of experience is a minority.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 10:14:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/9/2013 10:10:47 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 5/9/2013 10:05:46 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 5/9/2013 10:00:18 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 5/9/2013 9:48:05 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Huh? If somebody is wrong they are either lying or delusional. I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt and claiming he is delusional. Its not a "diss". Our brains are not perfect we can all be delusional. I thought me ex cheated on me when she did not. I was delusional. There were a lot of Atheistic arguments I thought were good in the past that I thought were good, I ditched them. I was delusional because they were wrong, now I my beliefs are more fine-tuned. I am not dissing your knight in shining armor my friend, I am just stating a fact about humanity.

Though I respect doctor Craig, he is not a knight in shining armor. I have some arguments that may be better than his. That was not my point, my point is you say he(matter of fact include all) theist are delusional. Without looking at yourself as possibly being delusional. Lack of knowing or understanding or experiencing does not make you right. What if all the people who said they have a relationship with God and know Him are in fact correct. You cannot show any different. Therefore, it is you who appears to be delusional to have position without admitting you maybe wrong for lack of experience. I could be wrong. The reason I do not think so is kinda like your reasons for being opposite to mine, you see physical and only the universe, it is all you know, it is what I see and know and experience also.

"Though, I experience God and someone who has never cannot even attempt to tell someone who has they haven't just because they haven't."

Ya and people "experience" alien abductions. People "experience" Buddha. There is no reason why anybody should believe you that what you experience is genuine. If it was, everyone would have the same experience. They do not. They experience the God they believe in, showing it is in the mind.

Hoe do know people are not experiencing aliens or Budda? I experience my God because that is who I believe in(hence my God). I do not deny people are not experiencing something they call aliens or Budda.


Well its all far fetched. There is no evidence for any of it. I can claim to channel and alien dimension like you claim to experience God. Without content, these are just words on screen....
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 10:20:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/9/2013 10:14:38 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Well its all far fetched. There is no evidence for any of it. I can claim to channel and alien dimension like you claim to experience God. Without content, these are just words on screen....

No evidence? Is that a joke? Or you just say that because you do not accept the evidence because it is not your brand of evidence is. That claim is severely lacking. There is much evidence. It matters what you call evidence.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 10:21:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/9/2013 10:20:04 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 5/9/2013 10:14:38 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Well its all far fetched. There is no evidence for any of it. I can claim to channel and alien dimension like you claim to experience God. Without content, these are just words on screen....

No evidence? Is that a joke? Or you just say that because you do not accept the evidence because it is not your brand of evidence is. That claim is severely lacking. There is much evidence. It matters what you call evidence.

You probably have a low standard of evidence...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 1:06:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
He has no strong arguments... But if you are going with the lesser of all evils I would say the fine-tuning argument. The Modal Ontological Argument and the Moral Argument are the absolute worst. If I haven't spent most of my DDO career tearing down the Kalam endlessly, I would have put the Kalam up there with the fine-tuning argument. However, I know of way too many take downs of the Kalam to take it seriously anymore.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 1:17:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/29/2013 1:06:19 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
He has no strong arguments... But if you are going with the lesser of all evils I would say the fine-tuning argument. The Modal Ontological Argument and the Moral Argument are the absolute worst. If I haven't spent most of my DDO career tearing down the Kalam endlessly, I would have put the Kalam up there with the fine-tuning argument. However, I know of way too many take downs of the Kalam to take it seriously anymore.

Even his version of the FTA isn't that good....

But, anyways, I'd say his strongest argument have to do with nominalism about abstract objects. lol But that really isn't useful for apologetic contexts.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2013 1:42:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
@Pennington:

If someone walked up to you and said they were abducted by aliens, would you immediately and unquestioningly believe that they were, in fact, abducted by aliens, without any other evidence?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 6:47:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/29/2013 1:17:52 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 9/29/2013 1:06:19 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
He has no strong arguments... But if you are going with the lesser of all evils I would say the fine-tuning argument. The Modal Ontological Argument and the Moral Argument are the absolute worst. If I haven't spent most of my DDO career tearing down the Kalam endlessly, I would have put the Kalam up there with the fine-tuning argument. However, I know of way too many take downs of the Kalam to take it seriously anymore.

Even his version of the FTA isn't that good....

But, anyways, I'd say his strongest argument have to do with nominalism about abstract objects. lol But that really isn't useful for apologetic contexts.

Who do you consider the three best Christian apologists? [For PCP and RT]
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.