Jump to topic:

Did non-Middle-easterns gain salvation?

Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 7:23:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would like to open the discussion about whether people in Asia, South America, and various nations during the time of Jesus Christ gain salvation?

The question must involve people who had no knowledge of Israel or Jesus Christ during 0-33BC.

The question ask you, how and if, people in these foreign lands could gain salvation without knowing Jesus Christ?

If they could, how? If they could not, why?
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Anti-atheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 7:25:32 PM
Romans 2:12
All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.

THey goto hell. No Christ=No salvation simple as that. Christianity is so self evident in nature they should know to become one.
Anti-atheist

Registered genius
Certified butt-f*cker

imabench for fuhrer '13
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 7:27:16 PM
At 5/7/2013 7:25:32 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.

THey goto hell. No Christ=No salvation simple as that. Christianity is so self evident in nature they should know to become one.

You don't even try anymore. That's saddening. Not even our trolls try.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Anti-atheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 7:30:38 PM
At 5/7/2013 7:27:16 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

Are you syaing there's no evidence of christianity?
Anti-atheist

Registered genius
Certified butt-f*cker

imabench for fuhrer '13
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 7:37:00 PM
At 5/7/2013 7:23:20 PM, Pennington wrote:
I would like to open the discussion about whether people in Asia, South America, and various nations during the time of Jesus Christ gain salvation?

The question must involve people who had no knowledge of Israel or Jesus Christ during 0-33BC.

The question ask you, how and if, people in these foreign lands could gain salvation without knowing Jesus Christ?

Yes, they did: they were worshipping under the old Patriarchy - the same system of sacrifice under which Noah, Abraham, Enoch, and Adam worshipped. All of mankind was under the Patriarchy until about 1,500 BC when God gave the ten commandments to the twelve tribes, the children of Israel. At this time, the two diverged: the children of Israel under the Law of Moses and the rest of mankind continuing under the Patriarchy. This condition lasted for about 1,500 years.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 7:38:04 PM
At 5/7/2013 7:30:38 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
At 5/7/2013 7:27:16 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

Are you syaing there's no evidence of christianity?

Ha, I'm not about to get into a discussion with you.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 7:44:30 PM
At 5/7/2013 7:37:00 PM, annanicole wrote:

Yes, they did: they were worshipping under the old Patriarchy - the same system of sacrifice under which Noah, Abraham, Enoch, and Adam worshipped. All of mankind was under the Patriarchy until about 1,500 BC when God gave the ten commandments to the twelve tribes, the children of Israel. At this time, the two diverged: the children of Israel under the Law of Moses and the rest of mankind continuing under the Patriarchy. This condition lasted for about 1,500 years.

Interesting. Thanks. Makes sense. This is one topic I am stumped about.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Talib.ul-Ilm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 9:58:21 PM
In Islam it is said that those who do not receive the message fully and properly, and understand it, will not be judged in the same way. So if you never received the teachings of Jesus or Muhammad clearly, you will not be judged accordingly. Instead you will be tested according to your deeds, the life you lived.

It's when you set up partners with God, knowing fully the message He has brought to us, that you are judged via belief.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 11:03:56 PM
At 5/7/2013 9:58:21 PM, Talib.ul-Ilm wrote:
In Islam it is said that those who do not receive the message fully and properly, and understand it, will not be judged in the same way. So if you never received the teachings of Jesus or Muhammad clearly, you will not be judged accordingly. Instead you will be tested according to your deeds, the life you lived.

It's when you set up partners with God, knowing fully the message He has brought to us, that you are judged via belief.

That's true in Christianity - which is probably where Islam got it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 11:12:17 PM
At 5/7/2013 7:44:30 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 5/7/2013 7:37:00 PM, annanicole wrote:

Interesting. Thanks. Makes sense. This is one topic I am stumped about.

The confusing part is that people think that the Patriarchy (God speaking to mankind through the fathers) lasted from Adam to Moses, then POOF! It was superseded for all mankind by the giving of the Law. That's not true. It was superseded by the Law as far as the children of Israel, the twelve tribes, were concerned. Those 10 commandments never were given to a Gentile. The vast majority of mankind percolated right along - still amenable to the Patriarchal system. That's the system of religion that Cornelius, for example, was worshiping under: he wasn't a Jew, yet he was a worshiper of God, a just man, a prayerful man.

I used to think Adam to Moses = Patriarchy = 2,500 years, then
Moses to Christ = Mosaic = 1,500 years, then
Christ til now = Christian = 2,000 or so years

That's only "sort-of" true. It completely overlooks the overlap - and leads to certain misunderstandings, particularly as it relates to the conversion of Cornelius in Acts 10. The period from Acts 2 til Acts 10 - about seven years by some estimates - is still kind of a gray zone to me, a transitional period: first to the Jews, then to the Gentiles.

Of course, this very point is what the Adventists (the Sabbath Keepers) miss.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 3:03:12 AM
Allah is all Just:Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {"And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).}Quran[17: 15].

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "On the Day of the Resurrection, four kinds of people will dispute." A deaf man, a mad man, a man in the feeblest old age and a man who died in natural disposition. The deaf says: "Oh, my God! Islam came to me but I couldn"t hear anything of it". The mad man says: "Oh, my God! Islam came while children were slinging excrement of camels at me". The man of the feeblest old age says: "Oh, my God! Islam had come while I was bad at understanding. As for that the one who died in the innate peculiarity of character he says: Oh, my Lord! I didn"t hear of your Messenger. Then, they make a solemn covenant with Allah to obey Him.

After that, He sends to them a Messenger saying to them: "Enter the Hell-fire". The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "By Whom my soul in His hands, if they enter the Hell-fire, they will find it cool and peaceful."