Jump to topic:

The Magic

SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 10:10:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
There is a horror story by 13 horror called The Magic, apparently dubbed the scariest story ever, and only 2 pages long. Most people can't do it until the end.

I was skeptical about that, so I went around the net and thankfully, there were not spoilers (only minor), but apparently, a lot of people were scared, and a lot.

http://ragefaces.s3.amazonaws.com...

So, me being me, I did it, I wasn't really scared prior to the experience.

I pirated it (no shame, didnt want to pay for a two page story), got it on my ipad and went to the toilet, you need to do it in a silent place.

It was only mildly unsettling, but my heart was beating by the end, and I was super careful at opening the door at the end.

Anyone else done this? Please share. I'll post my whole experience, which isn't a lot, later. Also, why religious section? Because the book does have cultish elements.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 10:33:48 AM
At 5/8/2013 10:10:50 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
There is a horror story by 13 horror called The Magic, apparently dubbed the scariest story ever, and only 2 pages long. Most people can't do it until the end.

I was skeptical about that, so I went around the net and thankfully, there were not spoilers (only minor), but apparently, a lot of people were scared, and a lot.

I pirated it (no shame, didnt want to pay for a two page story), got it on my ipad and went to the toilet, you need to do it in a silent place.

It was only mildly unsettling, but my heart was beating by the end, and I was super careful at opening the door at the end.

Anyone else done this? Please share. I'll post my whole experience, which isn't a lot, later. Also, why religious section? Because the book does have cultish elements.

Theists would probably be scared to do it because they are superstitious. I'll do anything like that.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 10:37:59 AM
At 5/8/2013 10:10:50 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:

Send the text for this story, I do not have pay pal lol
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 10:42:57 AM
Not scary at all. Kind of stupid, really.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 11:42:00 AM
At 5/8/2013 10:51:26 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 5/8/2013 10:42:57 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Kool. I won't bother with it..

I've seen responses ranging from "I was insanely feared for 3 days." To "Total bs".

I think it all comes down to what kind of attitude you have. If you would still like the link to the torrent, I'll PM it to you.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 11:46:03 AM
Ithink it's the combination of the athmosphere the story puts you in along with its reputation that makes people so scared of it. I guess an open and clear mind is important to the whole experience.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 11:54:47 AM
If you've ever done the "Bloody Mary" mirror trick then that is basically what this is except as an audible illusion instead of a visual one.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 11:55:46 AM
At 5/8/2013 11:42:00 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 5/8/2013 10:51:26 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 5/8/2013 10:42:57 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Kool. I won't bother with it..

I've seen responses ranging from "I was insanely feared for 3 days." To "Total bs".

I think it all comes down to what kind of attitude you have. If you would still like the link to the torrent, I'll PM it to you.

Might as well check it out lol I would appreciate it.