Total Posts:181|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I call BS on Christianity

Chase200mph
Posts: 332
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:44:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The bibles storylines about god are worse than childlike, they depict an irrational, mentally ill and otherwise challenged individual, in short".very ungodly and not even close to being our/my equal. So why would anyone call him god then? Empty threats?
Why is god always the lessor of the society that created him/her? I heard a joke the other day, it went like this: What do you call a book club that gets completely stuck in one book? Answer; they call it Church.
This made me think and ask, why do Christians get stuck on one book and thus refusing to study outside of this one book. Don"t get me wrong, I know the answer but I also know Christians do not".so now does this make me even greater than their god or just greater than Christians? Yes I know the bible is made up of many renderings, but it is accepted as gods" one book, of which half was written by them dirty Jews. Heck, Christians even made Jesus white"so why did god have a White man born to a dirty Jew I wonder? Where Jews okay back then according to god, or is it that Blacks were okay to god back then".which made me ask the question why do Blacks convert to Christianity? Do they have to accept that Jesus and god was White, or do they know something about a Black god that White Christians don"t?
Well, let us not get too distracted here"back to the OP. God created man to fail the test of the serpent and the apple (fruit of knowledge). Place man, the fruit and the serpent in the Garden, acted surprised when Adam failed the test, called it sin and cursed mankind because Adam did as he was designed to do and then god called it freewill in the bible.
Thousands of years of dying in sin pass and then god comes up with a plan. He rapes a twelve year old girl so that he can give birth to himself and then commit suicide so he could then forgive the sin that he irrationally and unjustly imposed on mankind.
My concerns about "Freewill"; the ability to act without conditions being placed on said action. An all-knowing god didn"t know Adam would fail the test? Then god is not all-knowing. God designed Adam to fail and then blamed him and lie about freewill, and ten called it sin, this god isn"t ethical so why call him god? God was unhappy about Adam, heaven isn"t perfect and neither is its creator.
My concerns about the sacrifice on the cross, god rapes a 12 year old girl? Can a twelve year old girl give consent to sex? Why so young? Why rape? Why does an all-powerful god need to be born in the first place? Why commit suicide? The great designer knew his executioner had no choice so was he a hero or villain? Why could god not forgive mankind from heaven, what was gods limitations? A god with limitations isn"t all-powerful is he?
My concerns, how does modern man deal with the seemingly mentally ill that could twist themselves so as to believe in this nonsense? Should not the rational of thought be more willing to help these poor people out with their disease?
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 1:34:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:44:18 PM, Chase200mph wrote:
The bibles storylines about god are worse than childlike, they depict an irrational, mentally ill and otherwise challenged individual, in short".very ungodly and not even close to being our/my equal. So why would anyone call him god then? Empty threats?
Why is god always the lessor of the society that created him/her? I heard a joke the other day, it went like this: What do you call a book club that gets completely stuck in one book? Answer; they call it Church.
This made me think and ask, why do Christians get stuck on one book and thus refusing to study outside of this one book. Don"t get me wrong, I know the answer but I also know Christians do not".so now does this make me even greater than their god or just greater than Christians? Yes I know the bible is made up of many renderings, but it is accepted as gods" one book, of which half was written by them dirty Jews. Heck, Christians even made Jesus white"so why did god have a White man born to a dirty Jew I wonder? Where Jews okay back then according to god, or is it that Blacks were okay to god back then".which made me ask the question why do Blacks convert to Christianity? Do they have to accept that Jesus and god was White, or do they know something about a Black god that White Christians don"t?
Well, let us not get too distracted here"back to the OP. God created man to fail the test of the serpent and the apple (fruit of knowledge). Place man, the fruit and the serpent in the Garden, acted surprised when Adam failed the test, called it sin and cursed mankind because Adam did as he was designed to do and then god called it freewill in the bible.
Thousands of years of dying in sin pass and then god comes up with a plan. He rapes a twelve year old girl so that he can give birth to himself and then commit suicide so he could then forgive the sin that he irrationally and unjustly imposed on mankind.
My concerns about "Freewill"; the ability to act without conditions being placed on said action. An all-knowing god didn"t know Adam would fail the test? Then god is not all-knowing. God designed Adam to fail and then blamed him and lie about freewill, and ten called it sin, this god isn"t ethical so why call him god? God was unhappy about Adam, heaven isn"t perfect and neither is its creator.
My concerns about the sacrifice on the cross, god rapes a 12 year old girl? Can a twelve year old girl give consent to sex? Why so young? Why rape? Why does an all-powerful god need to be born in the first place? Why commit suicide? The great designer knew his executioner had no choice so was he a hero or villain? Why could god not forgive mankind from heaven, what was gods limitations? A god with limitations isn"t all-powerful is he?
My concerns, how does modern man deal with the seemingly mentally ill that could twist themselves so as to believe in this nonsense? Should not the rational of thought be more willing to help these poor people out with their disease?

Bottom-Line the essence of your remarks is accurate!

I have spent the best part of nearly 51 years successfully decimating religious ideologies and the latest Data confirms my efforts & those like me, have been most worthwhile and religions are in further rapid decline especially in educated Societies!

My two analogies in themselves (Father Xmas & Pure Orange Juice) continue to unambiguously decimate the so called xtian trinitarian & Non-trinitarian ideologies!

Composer, the Vindicated & Successful Cult Buster!
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 3:17:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:44:18 PM, Chase200mph wrote:
The bibles storylines about god are worse than childlike, they depict an irrational, mentally ill and otherwise challenged individual, in short".very ungodly and not even close to being our/my equal. So why would anyone call him god then? Empty threats?
Why is god always the lessor of the society that created him/her? I heard a joke the other day, it went like this: What do you call a book club that gets completely stuck in one book? Answer; they call it Church.
This made me think and ask, why do Christians get stuck on one book and thus refusing to study outside of this one book. Don"t get me wrong, I know the answer but I also know Christians do not".so now does this make me even greater than their god or just greater than Christians? Yes I know the bible is made up of many renderings, but it is accepted as gods" one book, of which half was written by them dirty Jews. Heck, Christians even made Jesus white"so why did god have a White man born to a dirty Jew I wonder? Where Jews okay back then according to god, or is it that Blacks were okay to god back then".which made me ask the question why do Blacks convert to Christianity? Do they have to accept that Jesus and god was White, or do they know something about a Black god that White Christians don"t?
Well, let us not get too distracted here"back to the OP. God created man to fail the test of the serpent and the apple (fruit of knowledge). Place man, the fruit and the serpent in the Garden, acted surprised when Adam failed the test, called it sin and cursed mankind because Adam did as he was designed to do and then god called it freewill in the bible.
Thousands of years of dying in sin pass and then god comes up with a plan. He rapes a twelve year old girl so that he can give birth to himself and then commit suicide so he could then forgive the sin that he irrationally and unjustly imposed on mankind.
My concerns about "Freewill"; the ability to act without conditions being placed on said action. An all-knowing god didn"t know Adam would fail the test? Then god is not all-knowing. God designed Adam to fail and then blamed him and lie about freewill, and ten called it sin, this god isn"t ethical so why call him god? God was unhappy about Adam, heaven isn"t perfect and neither is its creator.
My concerns about the sacrifice on the cross, god rapes a 12 year old girl? Can a twelve year old girl give consent to sex? Why so young? Why rape? Why does an all-powerful god need to be born in the first place? Why commit suicide? The great designer knew his executioner had no choice so was he a hero or villain? Why could god not forgive mankind from heaven, what was gods limitations? A god with limitations isn"t all-powerful is he?
My concerns, how does modern man deal with the seemingly mentally ill that could twist themselves so as to believe in this nonsense? Should not the rational of thought be more willing to help these poor people out with their disease?

Oh great and wise one, how did you get so great a knowledge as we see here posted.
Why has your countanence fallen. You sound so angry, so confused. What did the doctor tell you? A life wasted on being angry is such a waste. Help somebody today.
God bless you! Composer can't help you, he has the same problems! He knows.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 3:29:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 3:17:09 AM, Suqua wrote:
Composer can't help you, he has the same problems! He knows.

I have already helped easily decimate Cults like yours!

IF you were a genuine believer, then you would be a Jew, as was the eternal jew boy Story book jebus!

My ' problem ' is trying not to gloat so much; having decimated Cults like yours so effectively & so easily!

My Father Xmas & Pure Orange Juice analogies are also fool proof and unambiguously fatal to Cults like yours every time!

Your problem is you and your gods are helpless & impotent to legitimately demonstrate otherwise!

Your mentor moi!
Radar
Posts: 424
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 3:36:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 3:17:09 AM, Suqua wrote:

Oh great and wise one, how did you get so great a knowledge as we see here posted.
Why has your countenance fallen. You sound so angry, so confused. What did the doctor tell you? A life wasted on being angry is such a waste. Help somebody today.
God bless you! Composer can't help you, he has the same problems! He knows.

They're both off their meds, or taking non-prescribed meds. I don't know which.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 5:13:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
It does not make sense and it's as simple as that, an all powerful God who can do anything and everything can not reconcile with mankind unless he self replicates himself into his own son whilst at the same time remaining the father only to sacrifice himself as his son........It is ridiculous and absurd in the highest degree and you can go on and on......
Chase200mph
Posts: 332
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 5:52:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 3:17:09 AM, Suqua wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:44:18 PM, Chase200mph wrote:
The bibles storylines about god are worse than childlike, they depict an irrational, mentally ill and otherwise challenged individual, in short".very ungodly and not even close to being our/my equal. So why would anyone call him god then? Empty threats?
Why is god always the lessor of the society that created him/her? I heard a joke the other day, it went like this: What do you call a book club that gets completely stuck in one book? Answer; they call it Church.
This made me think and ask, why do Christians get stuck on one book and thus refusing to study outside of this one book. Don"t get me wrong, I know the answer but I also know Christians do not".so now does this make me even greater than their god or just greater than Christians? Yes I know the bible is made up of many renderings, but it is accepted as gods" one book, of which half was written by them dirty Jews. Heck, Christians even made Jesus white"so why did god have a White man born to a dirty Jew I wonder? Where Jews okay back then according to god, or is it that Blacks were okay to god back then".which made me ask the question why do Blacks convert to Christianity? Do they have to accept that Jesus and god was White, or do they know something about a Black god that White Christians don"t?
Well, let us not get too distracted here"back to the OP. God created man to fail the test of the serpent and the apple (fruit of knowledge). Place man, the fruit and the serpent in the Garden, acted surprised when Adam failed the test, called it sin and cursed mankind because Adam did as he was designed to do and then god called it freewill in the bible.
Thousands of years of dying in sin pass and then god comes up with a plan. He rapes a twelve year old girl so that he can give birth to himself and then commit suicide so he could then forgive the sin that he irrationally and unjustly imposed on mankind.
My concerns about "Freewill"; the ability to act without conditions being placed on said action. An all-knowing god didn"t know Adam would fail the test? Then god is not all-knowing. God designed Adam to fail and then blamed him and lie about freewill, and ten called it sin, this god isn"t ethical so why call him god? God was unhappy about Adam, heaven isn"t perfect and neither is its creator.
My concerns about the sacrifice on the cross, god rapes a 12 year old girl? Can a twelve year old girl give consent to sex? Why so young? Why rape? Why does an all-powerful god need to be born in the first place? Why commit suicide? The great designer knew his executioner had no choice so was he a hero or villain? Why could god not forgive mankind from heaven, what was gods limitations? A god with limitations isn"t all-powerful is he?
My concerns, how does modern man deal with the seemingly mentally ill that could twist themselves so as to believe in this nonsense? Should not the rational of thought be more willing to help these poor people out with their disease?

Oh great and wise one, how did you get so great a knowledge as we see here posted.
Why has your countanence fallen. You sound so angry, so confused. What did the doctor tell you? A life wasted on being angry is such a waste. Help somebody today.
God bless you! Composer can't help you, he has the same problems! He knows.

Answer: Yet you offer no rebuttal, am I to believe that you have one and could if you chose to or that it is you that is angry and upset?
"..................as far as god blessing me, well since I don"t see any evidence of your god, perhaps you should except my blessing from him showing you what a freak show he has inflicted your reasoning with?
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 6:18:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Apart from being extremely arrogant, your post was nonsensical and rather hard to follow. Please explain your position using better grammatical structure.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 6:54:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 6:18:39 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Apart from being extremely arrogant, your post was nonsensical and rather hard to follow. Please explain your position using better grammatical structure.

To the contrary, Chase200mph's commentary was accurate, confident and spot on the mark fatal to Cult causes like yours -

Let's break down what angry dimwits like you claim you can't fathom -

Chase220mph wrote: Answer: Yet you offer no rebuttal, am I to believe that you have one and could if you chose to or that it is you that is angry and upset?

Moi: You likewise have no legitimate rebuttal; hence your angry drivel about reconstructing the grammar that obviously silences those like you, LMAO!

Chase200mph then wrote: "..................as far as god blessing me, well since I don"t see any evidence of your god, perhaps you should except my blessing from him showing you what a freak show he has inflicted your reasoning with?

Moi: Chase200mph again speaks accurately as the total combined legitimate evidence for ANY literal Supernatural god(s) remains a constant zero, hence your angry drivel about Grammar? in lieu of a shred of credibility for your already defeated cause!

How those like YOU can arrogantly brag that you embrace the narcissitic antics of a Story book Mother Fukkr (Luke 1:35) defies sane & rational discussion; obviously impossible with angry idiots like you, that are only concerned with inane grammatical complaints in your vain attempt to deflect honest readers from your gross ineptitude, anger at having been ideologically thrashed & your overall stupidity exposed!

Your mentor moi!
Chase200mph
Posts: 332
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 8:07:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 6:18:39 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Apart from being extremely arrogant, your post was nonsensical and rather hard to follow. Please explain your position using better grammatical structure.

I do not doubt you as a believer had trouble following it, you"ve been brainwashed into believing the story was once wise and now you see it as it really exists and your defense mechanisms are full alert. The chemical agent that prevents the learning of new materials in these situations is a peptide. This peptide doesn"t always perform this same function, except that in this case we (you actually) are dealing with a core belief. Core beliefs build complicated neuron net patterns that effect how we make everyday decisions (they are used heavily). When these patterns are challenged or changed they literally have a physical effect on the brain and body. Anger, rage, the blues or disorientation is normal. The chances are that you will make up apologies for the short coming of these beliefs that will soon grant you relief, this is normal too. The trouble is that your new apologetics will sound even worse than the bibles storylines. So if you need rest you should by no means post them because they will critiqued as well. : )
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
AbnerGrimm
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 8:10:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:44:18 PM, Chase200mph wrote:
The bibles storylines about god are worse than childlike, they depict an irrational, mentally ill and otherwise challenged individual, in short".very ungodly and not even close to being our/my equal. So why would anyone call him god then? Empty threats?
Why is god always the lessor of the society that created him/her? I heard a joke the other day, it went like this: What do you call a book club that gets completely stuck in one book? Answer; they call it Church.
This made me think and ask, why do Christians get stuck on one book and thus refusing to study outside of this one book. Don"t get me wrong, I know the answer but I also know Christians do not".so now does this make me even greater than their god or just greater than Christians? Yes I know the bible is made up of many renderings, but it is accepted as gods" one book, of which half was written by them dirty Jews. Heck, Christians even made Jesus white"so why did god have a White man born to a dirty Jew I wonder? Where Jews okay back then according to god, or is it that Blacks were okay to god back then".which made me ask the question why do Blacks convert to Christianity? Do they have to accept that Jesus and god was White, or do they know something about a Black god that White Christians don"t?
Well, let us not get too distracted here"back to the OP. God created man to fail the test of the serpent and the apple (fruit of knowledge). Place man, the fruit and the serpent in the Garden, acted surprised when Adam failed the test, called it sin and cursed mankind because Adam did as he was designed to do and then god called it freewill in the bible.
Thousands of years of dying in sin pass and then god comes up with a plan. He rapes a twelve year old girl so that he can give birth to himself and then commit suicide so he could then forgive the sin that he irrationally and unjustly imposed on mankind.
My concerns about "Freewill"; the ability to act without conditions being placed on said action. An all-knowing god didn"t know Adam would fail the test? Then god is not all-knowing. God designed Adam to fail and then blamed him and lie about freewill, and ten called it sin, this god isn"t ethical so why call him god? God was unhappy about Adam, heaven isn"t perfect and neither is its creator.
My concerns about the sacrifice on the cross, god rapes a 12 year old girl? Can a twelve year old girl give consent to sex? Why so young? Why rape? Why does an all-powerful god need to be born in the first place? Why commit suicide? The great designer knew his executioner had no choice so was he a hero or villain? Why could god not forgive mankind from heaven, what was gods limitations? A god with limitations isn"t all-powerful is he?
My concerns, how does modern man deal with the seemingly mentally ill that could twist themselves so as to believe in this nonsense? Should not the rational of thought be more willing to help these poor people out with their disease?

When I get back from church and my brain washing I will gladly destroy your entire outlook on life. Thanks, see you later.
Chase200mph
Posts: 332
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 8:18:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
My grammatical errors are noted and I will endeavor to post less hastily in the future as things are extremely busy here. But I still believe your complaint of my grammar is disingenuous because you offer no defense. But enough of this, less I digress in my dissenting opinion once again. Have a great day Smithereens.............
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
Chase200mph
Posts: 332
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 8:20:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 8:10:38 AM, AbnerGrimm wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:44:18 PM, Chase200mph wrote:
The bibles storylines about god are worse than childlike, they depict an irrational, mentally ill and otherwise challenged individual, in short".very ungodly and not even close to being our/my equal. So why would anyone call him god then? Empty threats?
Why is god always the lessor of the society that created him/her? I heard a joke the other day, it went like this: What do you call a book club that gets completely stuck in one book? Answer; they call it Church.
This made me think and ask, why do Christians get stuck on one book and thus refusing to study outside of this one book. Don"t get me wrong, I know the answer but I also know Christians do not".so now does this make me even greater than their god or just greater than Christians? Yes I know the bible is made up of many renderings, but it is accepted as gods" one book, of which half was written by them dirty Jews. Heck, Christians even made Jesus white"so why did god have a White man born to a dirty Jew I wonder? Where Jews okay back then according to god, or is it that Blacks were okay to god back then".which made me ask the question why do Blacks convert to Christianity? Do they have to accept that Jesus and god was White, or do they know something about a Black god that White Christians don"t?
Well, let us not get too distracted here"back to the OP. God created man to fail the test of the serpent and the apple (fruit of knowledge). Place man, the fruit and the serpent in the Garden, acted surprised when Adam failed the test, called it sin and cursed mankind because Adam did as he was designed to do and then god called it freewill in the bible.
Thousands of years of dying in sin pass and then god comes up with a plan. He rapes a twelve year old girl so that he can give birth to himself and then commit suicide so he could then forgive the sin that he irrationally and unjustly imposed on mankind.
My concerns about "Freewill"; the ability to act without conditions being placed on said action. An all-knowing god didn"t know Adam would fail the test? Then god is not all-knowing. God designed Adam to fail and then blamed him and lie about freewill, and ten called it sin, this god isn"t ethical so why call him god? God was unhappy about Adam, heaven isn"t perfect and neither is its creator.
My concerns about the sacrifice on the cross, god rapes a 12 year old girl? Can a twelve year old girl give consent to sex? Why so young? Why rape? Why does an all-powerful god need to be born in the first place? Why commit suicide? The great designer knew his executioner had no choice so was he a hero or villain? Why could god not forgive mankind from heaven, what was gods limitations? A god with limitations isn"t all-powerful is he?
My concerns, how does modern man deal with the seemingly mentally ill that could twist themselves so as to believe in this nonsense? Should not the rational of thought be more willing to help these poor people out with their disease?

When I get back from church and my brain washing I will gladly destroy your entire outlook on life. Thanks, see you later.

You better ask your church first"..we/they don"t want you to learn anything new.
PS, your pastor (or what ever) is afraid of me and what I might tell him/you.
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 9:25:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
"...professing themselves wise, they became fools..."

I can't get past how perfectly those words apply to people today. Atheists and followers of evolutionism claim that they are on the intelligent side of the debate, I find that terribly ironic.

Is it intelligent to believe that all time, space, and matter was condensed into a dot, smaller than a period on this page?? Think about that. If all space was contained inside the singularity, then where was the singularity?? There is no space to put it in because all space is inside.

Is it intelligent to believe that life created itself?? And through random, unintelligent natural processes, designed and evolved into its own food sources, along with organisms that would be able to digest and metabolize those food sources??

I'm sorry but anyone who buys their claims, and actually believes that those claims are intelligent, is terribly gullible.
Dann
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 9:50:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Amen to that.

How come intelligence exists at all? Intelligence must have been inherent in that little dot of nothingness also. Order is blatantly inherent too. Mathematics, logic, all mental abilities that found their genesis in the human brain and their expression through human hands and minds - they all come from the source too.

Mathematics existed before humanity. Logical sequences of events existed before humanity even existed let alone developed the ability to recognise and record it. Humanity is just another manifestation of the source, only with more refined mental and physical bilities that none other that we know of possess.

Humanity didnt create its own gifts. It may be responsible for developing them, but it never imbued itself with them. It was a seed that was already planted, and humanity just cultivates it. So where did it come from? All attributes, all characteristics, all matter and all non matter, come from the one founding source.
Chase200mph
Posts: 332
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 9:56:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 9:25:50 AM, medic0506 wrote:
"...professing themselves wise, they became fools..."

I can't get past how perfectly those words apply to people today. Atheists and followers of evolutionism claim that they are on the intelligent side of the debate, I find that terribly ironic.

Is it intelligent to believe that all time, space, and matter was condensed into a dot, smaller than a period on this page?? Think about that. If all space was contained inside the singularity, then where was the singularity?? There is no space to put it in because all space is inside.

Is it intelligent to believe that life created itself?? And through random, unintelligent natural processes, designed and evolved into its own food sources, along with organisms that would be able to digest and metabolize those food sources??

I'm sorry but anyone who buys their claims, and actually believes that those claims are intelligent, is terribly gullible.

"...professing themselves wise, they became fools..."
Answer: When a believer cannot come up with a response, they quote from the works of others to fill the gap. Yes, we all know that your religion is based in the belief that who does not beleive isn"t wise. Please show me a religion that doesn"t make this claim and why I shouldn"t believer their version over yours?

I can't get past how perfectly those words apply to people today. Atheists and followers of evolutionism claim that they are on the intelligent side of the debate, I find that terribly ironic.

Answer: "and this is why you fail and the true irony being that you don"t understand either and this is your real and true defense here.

Is it intelligent to believe that all time, space, and matter was condensed into a dot, smaller than a period on this page?? Think about that. If all space was contained inside the singularity, then where was the singularity?? There is no space to put it in because all space is inside.

Answer:. ..as opposed to a god that created the first day on the second day? The one who defies the creation of the universe because he created the earth which is flat and fixed in space whose sun orbits around it? Your god doesn"t seem to have the education most third graders have"why is this?

Is it intelligent to believe that life created itself?? And through random, unintelligent natural processes, designed and evolved into its own food sources, along with organisms that would be able to digest and metabolize those food sources??

Answer: Well your mother and father think it was, but with this last post I am second guess their assumptions.

I'm sorry but anyone who buys their claims, and actually believes that those claims are intelligent, is terribly gullible.
Answer: "as opposed to a god rapist, a pedophile that prays on little 12 year old girls".seems you are trying to find fault with me to avoid answering to a morbid Christian storyline you call the bible. This flaw in your reasoning is called argumentum ad hominem, it is a Christian crutch for the feeble minded, are you sure you don"t want to address the OP now?
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
slo1
Posts: 4,314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 10:10:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:44:18 PM, Chase200mph wrote:
The bibles storylines about god are worse than childlike, they depict an irrational, mentally ill and otherwise challenged individual, in short".very ungodly and not even close to being our/my equal. So why would anyone call him god then? Empty threats?
Why is god always the lessor of the society that created him/her? I heard a joke the other day, it went like this: What do you call a book club that gets completely stuck in one book? Answer; they call it Church.
This made me think and ask, why do Christians get stuck on one book and thus refusing to study outside of this one book. Don"t get me wrong, I know the answer but I also know Christians do not".so now does this make me even greater than their god or just greater than Christians? Yes I know the bible is made up of many renderings, but it is accepted as gods" one book, of which half was written by them dirty Jews. Heck, Christians even made Jesus white"so why did god have a White man born to a dirty Jew I wonder? Where Jews okay back then according to god, or is it that Blacks were okay to god back then".which made me ask the question why do Blacks convert to Christianity? Do they have to accept that Jesus and god was White, or do they know something about a Black god that White Christians don"t?
Well, let us not get too distracted here"back to the OP. God created man to fail the test of the serpent and the apple (fruit of knowledge). Place man, the fruit and the serpent in the Garden, acted surprised when Adam failed the test, called it sin and cursed mankind because Adam did as he was designed to do and then god called it freewill in the bible.
Thousands of years of dying in sin pass and then god comes up with a plan. He rapes a twelve year old girl so that he can give birth to himself and then commit suicide so he could then forgive the sin that he irrationally and unjustly imposed on mankind.
My concerns about "Freewill"; the ability to act without conditions being placed on said action. An all-knowing god didn"t know Adam would fail the test? Then god is not all-knowing. God designed Adam to fail and then blamed him and lie about freewill, and ten called it sin, this god isn"t ethical so why call him god? God was unhappy about Adam, heaven isn"t perfect and neither is its creator.
My concerns about the sacrifice on the cross, god rapes a 12 year old girl? Can a twelve year old girl give consent to sex? Why so young? Why rape? Why does an all-powerful god need to be born in the first place? Why commit suicide? The great designer knew his executioner had no choice so was he a hero or villain? Why could god not forgive mankind from heaven, what was gods limitations? A god with limitations isn"t all-powerful is he?
My concerns, how does modern man deal with the seemingly mentally ill that could twist themselves so as to believe in this nonsense? Should not the rational of thought be more willing to help these poor people out with their disease?

I don't think God impregnating a girl is rape. Besides many prophets in many religions were born of virgin births.

But on to some of your other points, it does amaze me how the 12 disciples are complete bumbling fools in the gospel. However just like any religion sprinkle some "pixie dust" (the holy spirit) on them and suddenly they have wisdom beyond belief.

The best religions have the best pixie dust and one of the tenets of any religion is to only allow certain books/references/beliefs. Start asking too many questions or wondering about a book in another religion and someone will slap you back. you unfairly single out Christianity when all are guilty.

If religions were truly serious about being the "one", they would not indoctrinate children and converts, encourage investigation across all religions, and encourage introspection and coming to one's own conclusion. If it truly is the right "one" then people should end up there.

Instead with all the different versions and the culture of indoctrinations the odds that any one practicing anyone type of religion has found the truth, has got to be less than 15% or so.
Chase200mph
Posts: 332
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 10:21:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 9:50:17 AM, Dann wrote:
Amen to that.

How come intelligence exists at all? Intelligence must have been inherent in that little dot of nothingness also. Order is blatantly inherent too. Mathematics, logic, all mental abilities that found their genesis in the human brain and their expression through human hands and minds - they all come from the source too.

Mathematics existed before humanity. Logical sequences of events existed before humanity even existed let alone developed the ability to recognise and record it. Humanity is just another manifestation of the source, only with more refined mental and physical bilities that none other that we know of possess.

Humanity didnt create its own gifts. It may be responsible for developing them, but it never imbued itself with them. It was a seed that was already planted, and humanity just cultivates it. So where did it come from? All attributes, all characteristics, all matter and all non matter, come from the one founding source.

Answer: "and now the source-less wonder weighs in. Sorry Dann, I couldn"t resist. Dann asks, "How come intelligence exists at all?", to which part of the answer is how could it not. In an infinite universe with an infinite possibilities, how could intelligence (or life) not come about? See you"re playing with semantics again because what you really are referring to is life. Dots are a candy served in movie theaters and I do not see any science claiming the universe came from them.
Yes Dann, all math and intellect comes from the source".the universe. Part of our brains are 9 billion years old while other parts are almost 13 billion, made up mostly from the dust of now dead stars"isn"t it great!
Dann states "Humanity didn"t create its own gifts." And you have a sources for this or is it just more of your conjecture?
As to the rest of Danns claims, yes I believe Danns" reasoning power is better related to that of plant life"but that is another story.

PS, Dann refutes nothing once again, so should anything he say because construed as a debate or just whining? Dann, you have made some absurd wild claims here, the burden of proof is still waiting on your support.
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 10:57:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 9:56:52 AM, Chase200mph wrote:
At 5/12/2013 9:25:50 AM, medic0506 wrote:
"...professing themselves wise, they became fools..."

I can't get past how perfectly those words apply to people today. Atheists and followers of evolutionism claim that they are on the intelligent side of the debate, I find that terribly ironic.

Is it intelligent to believe that all time, space, and matter was condensed into a dot, smaller than a period on this page?? Think about that. If all space was contained inside the singularity, then where was the singularity?? There is no space to put it in because all space is inside.

Is it intelligent to believe that life created itself?? And through random, unintelligent natural processes, designed and evolved into its own food sources, along with organisms that would be able to digest and metabolize those food sources??

I'm sorry but anyone who buys their claims, and actually believes that those claims are intelligent, is terribly gullible.

"...professing themselves wise, they became fools..."
Answer: When a believer cannot come up with a response, they quote from the works of others to fill the gap. Yes, we all know that your religion is based in the belief that who does not beleive isn"t wise. Please show me a religion that doesn"t make this claim and why I shouldn"t believer their version over yours?

I can't get past how perfectly those words apply to people today. Atheists and followers of evolutionism claim that they are on the intelligent side of the debate, I find that terribly ironic.

Answer: "and this is why you fail and the true irony being that you don"t understand either and this is your real and true defense here.

Is it intelligent to believe that all time, space, and matter was condensed into a dot, smaller than a period on this page?? Think about that. If all space was contained inside the singularity, then where was the singularity?? There is no space to put it in because all space is inside.

Answer:. ..as opposed to a god that created the first day on the second day? The one who defies the creation of the universe because he created the earth which is flat and fixed in space whose sun orbits around it? Your god doesn"t seem to have the education most third graders have"why is this?

Is it intelligent to believe that life created itself?? And through random, unintelligent natural processes, designed and evolved into its own food sources, along with organisms that would be able to digest and metabolize those food sources??

Answer: Well your mother and father think it was, but with this last post I am second guess their assumptions.

I'm sorry but anyone who buys their claims, and actually believes that those claims are intelligent, is terribly gullible.
Answer: "as opposed to a god rapist, a pedophile that prays on little 12 year old girls".seems you are trying to find fault with me to avoid answering to a morbid Christian storyline you call the bible. This flaw in your reasoning is called argumentum ad hominem, it is a Christian crutch for the feeble minded, are you sure you don"t want to address the OP now?

I rest my case.
PureX
Posts: 1,519
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 11:33:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:44:18 PM, Chase200mph wrote:
The bibles storylines about god are worse than childlike, they depict an irrational, mentally ill and otherwise challenged individual, in short".very ungodly and not even close to being our/my equal. So why would anyone call him god then? Empty threats?
Why is god always the lessor of the society that created him/her? I heard a joke the other day, it went like this: What do you call a book club that gets completely stuck in one book? Answer; they call it Church.

The people who wrote and used those stories did so as instigation for contemplation, discussion and debate. It was their way of living with their "living God". Those stories were not intended to be taken as literally as you have taken them, and as many modern day Christians unfortunately take them. Their original intent was as tools. The men of that time believed that it was man's highest calling to contend with the inexplicable mystery of their God. The stories were intended to perplex, and to pose ethical dilemmas, and the men of the time spent their free time discussing and arguing and debating the mystery of their God.

Your complaints are completely groundless, in that you have complete;y misunderstood the purpose of the text. But then that's understandable when so many modern day Christians, themselves, have no idea why those stories were written and how they were meant to be used.
Chase200mph
Posts: 332
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 11:44:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 10:57:31 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/12/2013 9:56:52 AM, Chase200mph wrote:
At 5/12/2013 9:25:50 AM, medic0506 wrote:
"...professing themselves wise, they became fools..."

I can't get past how perfectly those words apply to people today. Atheists and followers of evolutionism claim that they are on the intelligent side of the debate, I find that terribly ironic.

Is it intelligent to believe that all time, space, and matter was condensed into a dot, smaller than a period on this page?? Think about that. If all space was contained inside the singularity, then where was the singularity?? There is no space to put it in because all space is inside.

Is it intelligent to believe that life created itself?? And through random, unintelligent natural processes, designed and evolved into its own food sources, along with organisms that would be able to digest and metabolize those food sources??

I'm sorry but anyone who buys their claims, and actually believes that those claims are intelligent, is terribly gullible.

"...professing themselves wise, they became fools..."
Answer: When a believer cannot come up with a response, they quote from the works of others to fill the gap. Yes, we all know that your religion is based in the belief that who does not beleive isn"t wise. Please show me a religion that doesn"t make this claim and why I shouldn"t believer their version over yours?

I can't get past how perfectly those words apply to people today. Atheists and followers of evolutionism claim that they are on the intelligent side of the debate, I find that terribly ironic.

Answer: "and this is why you fail and the true irony being that you don"t understand either and this is your real and true defense here.

Is it intelligent to believe that all time, space, and matter was condensed into a dot, smaller than a period on this page?? Think about that. If all space was contained inside the singularity, then where was the singularity?? There is no space to put it in because all space is inside.

Answer:. ..as opposed to a god that created the first day on the second day? The one who defies the creation of the universe because he created the earth which is flat and fixed in space whose sun orbits around it? Your god doesn"t seem to have the education most third graders have"why is this?

Is it intelligent to believe that life created itself?? And through random, unintelligent natural processes, designed and evolved into its own food sources, along with organisms that would be able to digest and metabolize those food sources??

Answer: Well your mother and father think it was, but with this last post I am second guess their assumptions.

I'm sorry but anyone who buys their claims, and actually believes that those claims are intelligent, is terribly gullible.
Answer: "as opposed to a god rapist, a pedophile that prays on little 12 year old girls".seems you are trying to find fault with me to avoid answering to a morbid Christian storyline you call the bible. This flaw in your reasoning is called argumentum ad hominem, it is a Christian crutch for the feeble minded, are you sure you don"t want to address the OP now?

I rest my case.
Answer: Actually, it rest on you and that was the point, you haven't and cannot make one.
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
Chase200mph
Posts: 332
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 12:05:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I don't think God impregnating a girl is rape. Besides many prophets in many religions were born of virgin births.

Answer: Thank you for addressing the OP, as no Christian would apparently dare. Please forgive my apparent bluntness as I am again rushed here" : ). Generally speaking and if I understand you right I can agree with you.
Jewish law states that if a girl doesn"t fit to the death while being raped see wanted it and should be killed for letting it happen. So unless you are siding with this old Jewish laws, the Old laws Jesus said he was there to uphold, then your/my statement may in conflict with itself. The feel the point of the matter is this, Marry was a child, now either sex with a child is moral or it is not. God sent an angel to tell Marry, this upholds the idea it was after the fact/act. Marry felt Jesus leaping for joy in her womb when she got home".she was already pregnant for a very long time implying she had no prior knowledge. So it was indeed rape if for no better reason than a lack of evidence to suggest otherwise. Conclusion either way, god is weak and limited in his scope of powers when compared to the other gods or claims of the bible/s was my point. So what I am saying is this, you indeed have a keener sense of reasoning than a lot of the posters here.
As to virgin births, I agree whole heartedly, they were so many in fact even the story of Jesus was created by the Hebrews when they were polytheist still. The only real difference is that the story (written on the now hidden Stone Tablets) named Gabriel as the son of ONE of the many god"s of their time. Seek the forbidden gospels, here is a link to a summary which states that they were indeed polytheists at the time. http://forbiddengospels.blogspot.com...

But on to some of your other points, it does amaze me how the 12 disciples are complete bumbling fools in the gospel. However just like any religion sprinkle some "pixie dust" (the holy spirit) on them and suddenly they have wisdom beyond belief.

Answer: When Jesus was made into a religion by Constantine, he took what he felt would work best for himself as emperor and created the bible from at least 159 other rendering that were created by those priest he nominated and placed into power. It was forbidden to make any else but copies of the standard he chose. The history Channel did a nice peace on this a while back. Sorry I got sidetracked again. The Holy Spirit, one of my favorite excuses used by Christians. They will soon be in here claiming that the Holy Spirit is not with non-believers so they cannot see the truth. The truth is tis".there are 38000 Christian denominations (a lot more really) all claiming to have the correct interpretation given to them by the Holy Spirit, all claiming that theirs is the true interpretation, all claiming their berthern have fallen short. In short, they cannot agree on just about anything the bible says but they still all know who they should vote for during the next election. Conclusion, the Holy Spirit isn"t concerned about their salvation or bible interpretation, it is only interested who does or doesn"t make it into office. But no, no, no, no, NO the Christian faith isn"t just a political tool used by the rulers of this world. : )

The best religions have the best pixie dust and one of the tenets of any religion is to only allow certain books/references/beliefs. Start asking too many questions or wondering about a book in another religion and someone will slap you back. you unfairly single out Christianity when all are guilty.

Answer: LOL"that is so true. Christians even complain about the great persecution which was nothing more than a fight for power lead against Constantine and Christian on Christian violence while raiding each other"s temples. Christian claim Constantine was saved, well if he was, then he was the first practicing Pagan priest to have been done so. Christians will ignore that Constantine control two regions to maintain control of the commoners.

If religions were truly serious about being the "one", they would not indoctrinate children and converts, encourage investigation across all religions, and encourage introspection and coming to one's own conclusion. If it truly is the right "one" then people should end up there.

Answer: I agree, it is nothing more than child abuse and it needs to be exposed every time one is given the opportunity.

Instead with all the different versions and the culture of indoctrinations the odds that any one practicing anyone type of religion has found the truth, has got to be less than 15% or so.

Answer: You are being generous here though I doubt any Christian would agree"..
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
Chase200mph
Posts: 332
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 12:13:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 11:33:12 AM, PureX wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:44:18 PM, Chase200mph wrote:
The bibles storylines about god are worse than childlike, they depict an irrational, mentally ill and otherwise challenged individual, in short".very ungodly and not even close to being our/my equal. So why would anyone call him god then? Empty threats?
Why is god always the lessor of the society that created him/her? I heard a joke the other day, it went like this: What do you call a book club that gets completely stuck in one book? Answer; they call it Church.

The people who wrote and used those stories did so as instigation for contemplation, discussion and debate. It was their way of living with their "living God". Those stories were not intended to be taken as literally as you have taken them, and as many modern day Christians unfortunately take them. Their original intent was as tools. The men of that time believed that it was man's highest calling to contend with the inexplicable mystery of their God. The stories were intended to perplex, and to pose ethical dilemmas, and the men of the time spent their free time discussing and arguing and debating the mystery of their God.

Your complaints are completely groundless, in that you have complete;y misunderstood the purpose of the text. But then that's understandable when so many modern day Christians, themselves, have no idea why those stories were written and how they were meant to be used.

Conjecture has its place, but I think control was the purpose and it has been very effective for 2000 years. So I disagree that I"ve gotten it wrong because what you claim is agreeable enough as a probability, but remains somewhat irrelevant as to the course of these writing have taken in history, which is the only thing I am attempting to address. In short and respectfully, and because you have my really sparked my attention, I would love to hear more but still feel the "why" make pale in the presence of the who, what, where and when historically, which may be the point you are making and I am sorry if that"s the case and I am being a little slow here" : )
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
Radar
Posts: 424
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 12:19:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 11:33:12 AM, PureX wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:44:18 PM, Chase200mph wrote:
The bibles storylines about god are worse than childlike, they depict an irrational, mentally ill and otherwise challenged individual, in short".very ungodly and not even close to being our/my equal. So why would anyone call him god then? Empty threats?
Why is god always the lessor of the society that created him/her? I heard a joke the other day, it went like this: What do you call a book club that gets completely stuck in one book? Answer; they call it Church.

The people who wrote and used those stories did so as instigation for contemplation, discussion and debate. It was their way of living with their "living God". Those stories were not intended to be taken as literally as you have taken them, and as many modern day Christians unfortunately take them. Their original intent was as tools. The men of that time believed that it was man's highest calling to contend with the inexplicable mystery of their God. The stories were intended to perplex, and to pose ethical dilemmas, and the men of the time spent their free time discussing and arguing and debating the mystery of their God.

Your complaints are completely groundless, in that you have complete;y misunderstood the purpose of the text. But then that's understandable when so many modern day Christians, themselves, have no idea why those stories were written and how they were meant to be used.

I still think they need some meds or took bad ones.
Chase200mph
Posts: 332
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 12:30:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 12:19:14 PM, Radar wrote:
At 5/12/2013 11:33:12 AM, PureX wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:44:18 PM, Chase200mph wrote:
The bibles storylines about god are worse than childlike, they depict an irrational, mentally ill and otherwise challenged individual, in short".very ungodly and not even close to being our/my equal. So why would anyone call him god then? Empty threats?
Why is god always the lessor of the society that created him/her? I heard a joke the other day, it went like this: What do you call a book club that gets completely stuck in one book? Answer; they call it Church.

The people who wrote and used those stories did so as instigation for contemplation, discussion and debate. It was their way of living with their "living God". Those stories were not intended to be taken as literally as you have taken them, and as many modern day Christians unfortunately take them. Their original intent was as tools. The men of that time believed that it was man's highest calling to contend with the inexplicable mystery of their God. The stories were intended to perplex, and to pose ethical dilemmas, and the men of the time spent their free time discussing and arguing and debating the mystery of their God.

Your complaints are completely groundless, in that you have complete;y misunderstood the purpose of the text. But then that's understandable when so many modern day Christians, themselves, have no idea why those stories were written and how they were meant to be used.

I still think they need some meds or took bad ones.

They smoked a little tooooooo much Jesus.....
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 12:59:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Chase: "My concerns about the sacrifice on the cross, god rapes a 12 year old girl? Can a twelve year old girl give consent to sex? Why so young? Why rape?"

I'm not sure that that first sentence is a sentence, but it begins, "My concerns about the sacrifice on the cross." All right, what is the concern about the "sacrifice on the cross"? The concern is ... ummm ... a concern about a 12-year-old girl getting raped. Whether or not the rape part is true would have very little to do with the sacrifice on the cross, but nonetheless I'd like to know about the 12-yr-old part, which is followed by the queries, "Why so young?" and "Consent". Where did this 12-yr-old business come from. Has the OP'er read that somewhere in the Bible - yet I've missed it? I'd like to know about that.

I'd also like to know about the "rape" part. A pregnancy need not indicate a rape, of course - and a pregnancy does not even indicate sex. It doesn't now, and it didn't then. So I'd also like a detailed description of the rape incident.

My reason for asking is the OP sentence, "god rapes a 12 year old girl" (sic). Such was stated. We need a detailed explanation, of course.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Chase200mph
Posts: 332
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 1:28:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 12:59:21 PM, annanicole wrote:
Chase: "My concerns about the sacrifice on the cross, god rapes a 12 year old girl? Can a twelve year old girl give consent to sex? Why so young? Why rape?"

I'm not sure that that first sentence is a sentence, but it begins, "My concerns about the sacrifice on the cross." All right, what is the concern about the "sacrifice on the cross"? The concern is ... ummm ... a concern about a 12-year-old girl getting raped. Whether or not the rape part is true would have very little to do with the sacrifice on the cross, but nonetheless I'd like to know about the 12-yr-old part, which is followed by the queries, "Why so young?" and "Consent". Where did this 12-yr-old business come from. Has the OP'er read that somewhere in the Bible - yet I've missed it? I'd like to know about that.

I'd also like to know about the "rape" part. A pregnancy need not indicate a rape, of course - and a pregnancy does not even indicate sex. It doesn't now, and it didn't then. So I'd also like a detailed description of the rape incident.

My reason for asking is the OP sentence, "god rapes a 12 year old girl" (sic). Such was stated. We need a detailed explanation, of course.

Chase: "My concerns about the sacrifice on the cross, god rapes a 12 year old girl? Can a twelve year old girl give consent to sex? Why so young? Why rape?"

I'm not sure that that first sentence is a sentence, but it begins, "My concerns about the sacrifice on the cross." All right, what is the concern about the "sacrifice on the cross"? The concern is ... ummm ... a concern about a 12-year-old girl getting raped. Whether or not the rape part is true would have very little to do with the sacrifice on the cross, but nonetheless I'd like to know about the 12-yr-old part, which is followed by the queries, "Why so young?" and "Consent". Where did this 12-yr-old business come from. Has the OP'er read that somewhere in the Bible - yet I've missed it? I'd like to know about that.
Answer: I understand, what you may need to understand is that the story of the sacrifice of Jesus was the OP. In other words, I didn"t give the story the title, Christianity did and I am merely repeating it as I have no ownership. Christian argue that Marry was twelve, 14 and or 16 depending on who you talk to.

I'd also like to know about the "rape" part. A pregnancy need not indicate a rape, of course - and a pregnancy does not even indicate sex. It doesn't now, and it didn't then. So I'd also like a detailed description of the rape incident.

Answer: The devil is in the detail huh, okay. First off can a 12 year old girl consent to sex with and adult (like her 60 year old Joseph or god? Why or why not. Secondly, without permission it is always rape even if the victim accepts as consensual after the fact. It is this way today, and even more so back then. In fact Marry was a whore and needed to be stoned to death according to Jewish law for having sex outside of marriage. As to sex, I sorry but if you don"t believe that giving birth isn"t apart of sex then this conversation is most likely over and you should seek help. : ) The details is that it was rape concerning the social standards of both our cultures. Do you purpose to argue against the laws of both cultures now?

My reason for asking is the OP sentence, "god rapes a 12 year old girl" (sic). Such was stated. We need a detailed explanation, of course.

Answer: Again, rape is rape, if you cannot explain why sex with a twelve year old is not rape then the short comings of common sense is yours alone to deal with. If you cannot explain why sex with someone who is unaware of what is going on, then the short comings of common sense is yours alone to deal with alone. The law is clear on this now, the law was even clearer back then like I already stated. But I will take it one step further for you, show me in great detail were this non-consensual sex with a 12 year old wasn"t rape in scripture. If it doesn"t exist in the bible then your question becomes moot by your own standards of reason, dose it not?
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 3:06:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Thanks.

Anna: "I'd like to know about the 12-yr-old part, which is followed by the queries, "Why so young?" and "Consent". Where did this 12-yr-old business come from?"

Chase: No explanation. Never did explain where the 12-yr-old business came from.

*****

Anna: "Has the OP'er read that somewhere in the Bible - yet I've missed it? I'd like to know about that."

Chase: No answer. No explanation of where the 12-yr-old part came from.

*****

Anna: "A pregnancy need not indicate a rape, of course - and a pregnancy does not even indicate sex."

Chase persists in claiming that he Bible teaches: "First off can a 12 year old girl consent to sex with and adult (like her 60 year old Joseph or god? "

Anna: I just said that pregnancy does not now - and didn't then - always indicate sex. You are still talking about ... what? ... sex!

Chase: "if you cannot explain why sex with a twelve year old is not rape then the short comings of common sense is yours alone to deal with."

Anna: I just said that pregnancy does not now - and didn't then - always indicate sex. You are still talking about ... what? ... sex!

Thank you for your explanation, especially as it related to the 12-yr-old part.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Chase200mph
Posts: 332
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 3:44:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2013 3:06:15 PM, annanicole wrote:
Thanks.

Anna: "I'd like to know about the 12-yr-old part, which is followed by the queries, "Why so young?" and "Consent". Where did this 12-yr-old business come from?"

Chase: No explanation. Never did explain where the 12-yr-old business came from.

*****

Anna: "Has the OP'er read that somewhere in the Bible - yet I've missed it? I'd like to know about that."

Chase: No answer. No explanation of where the 12-yr-old part came from.

*****

Anna: "A pregnancy need not indicate a rape, of course - and a pregnancy does not even indicate sex."

Chase persists in claiming that he Bible teaches: "First off can a 12 year old girl consent to sex with and adult (like her 60 year old Joseph or god? "

Anna: I just said that pregnancy does not now - and didn't then - always indicate sex. You are still talking about ... what? ... sex!

Chase: "if you cannot explain why sex with a twelve year old is not rape then the short comings of common sense is yours alone to deal with."

Anna: I just said that pregnancy does not now - and didn't then - always indicate sex. You are still talking about ... what? ... sex!

Thank you for your explanation, especially as it related to the 12-yr-old part.

I see, so because I do not pick an age from doctrine of a little girl that never existed, then she had no age and sex has nothing to do with having children. I hope you are not the least bit fertile as I doubt your abilities as a parent. Why don"t you ask a Christian how old she was? With 38000 denominations I am sure you could find an answer that would suit your needs in order to keep on believing in this BS?
Mary The Mother Of Jesus - Profile Of The Virgin Mary
christianity.about.com " ... " New Testament PeopleR06;
by Mary Fairchild - in 243 Google+ circles The virgin Mary willingly submitted to God's plan with complete trust and obedience. ... Mary was a young girl, probably only about 12 or 13 years old
http://christianity.about.com...

So now am I to defend this Christian lunacy as well? No really, you profess somehow that I need to defend Christians in their pursuit of ignorance or you would not press so and look it up for yourself. I don"t really care if you have a different view, like I said there are 38000 of them out there for your connivance.
The translation was never expressed that Marry was a virgin by the way, as the interpretation really meant a VERY YOUNG girl. So maybe you can answer the question you are now hiding from? Let the excuses begin!

PS, you are avoiding answering why is nonconsensual sex not rape? But your being disingenuous when you ask in the first place, right?

So let"s kick it up a notch, Nazareth, the city that never was".well I guess Jesus couldn"t have been born there now could he? What"s that? He was also born in Bethlehem, well this idea is a forgery at best considering that Bethlehem wasn"t a city only showing tents and a couple of permanent structures. It was never a city UNTIL the claim Jesus was there was written into the bible. Ironically the name Bethlehem means roughly the breaking of Bread, or bread. Know I wonder were the idea for the story of breaking bread at the last supper came about?
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 4:45:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Chase: "I see, so because I do not pick an age from doctrine of a little girl that never existed"

Anna: Nobody asked you to pick an age in the first place, so why engage in it ... repeatedly? You time and time again stated that Mary was twelve years old. I wondered where that came from. Now we find out that you simply made it up.

As far as "never existed", the OP specifically states that she did exist; thus, the only question I had pertaining to her was her age.

*****

Chase: "Why so young?"

Anna: How young? You asked it. How young was she? You have no idea, do you?

*****

Chase: "I hope you are not the least bit fertile as I doubt your abilities as a parent."

Anna: Well, at least I'd know the ages of my own children instead of just making them up. I also am reproductively wise enough to know that all pregnancies do not result from sex.

*****

Chase: "Why don"t you ask a Christian how old she was? "

Anna: Because I haven't yet found a Christian who is stupid enough to say, since no one knows. We thus must rely on atheists for that ... ummm... information.

*****

Chase: "The translation was never expressed that Marry was a virgin by the way, as the interpretation really meant a VERY YOUNG girl."

Anna: Somehow I doubt your abilities as a Hebrew Biblical scholar; however, the translation "virgin" is correct.

*****

Chase: "PS, you are avoiding answering why is nonconsensual sex not rape?"

Anna: Noncensensual sex is rape, and I never said it wasn't. I never said that Mary had sex prior to conceiving Jesus.

*****

Chase: "So let"s kick it up a notch, Nazareth, the city that never was"

Anna: Kick it up? If you start out claiming that Mary was 12, there's nowhere for you to go but up.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."