Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Will no other Christians rise and worship?

justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 6:41:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

I created this topic to see what Atheists would say about God. I now wish I had not created it for they blaspheme and shame the LORD. Are there any followers of God who will come and wipe the shame from the face of Jesus? To stand out from the mocking crowd on Calvary and defend Him? Where are you Jesus Freaks?
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 6:55:12 PM
You want us to defend God or Jesus?

If God, he doesn't need a defender!If Jesus, He has God to defend him.If you can't bear blasphemers it is better you don't confront them in the first place, they will always blaspheme, because they don't believe.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 11:12:58 AM
At 5/13/2013 6:41:38 PM, justin.graves wrote:

I created this topic to see what Atheists would say about God. I now wish I had not created it for they blaspheme and shame the LORD. Are there any followers of God who will come and wipe the shame from the face of Jesus? To stand out from the mocking crowd on Calvary and defend Him? Where are you Jesus Freaks?

justin.graves good to meet you...
I point out... "Christians believe the bible!!"

All who believe the words of Jesus are believers!!
These people are NOT Believers!!
John 6:52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

These are BELIEVERS they are CHRISTIAN..
Ignatius of Antioch
He said...
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Augustine
He said...
"Christ was carried in his own hands when, referring to his own body, he said, "This is my body" [Matt. 26:26]. For he carried that body in his hands" (Explanations of the Psalms 33:1:10 [A.D. 405]).

justin.graves DO YOU SEE IT???!
Augustine the CHRISTIAN tells you: "Jesus carried his own body in his hands at the Last Supper!"

justin.graves Christians are NOT Jews.. Jews reject the scriptures (God' words) as lie!

Dogknox
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 2:39:46 PM

What is to defend? The God of an inerrant bible is really about the same as Batman's archenemy the Riddler. He is a narcissist with an enormous ego who likes to send complex clues, although the Riddler is a bit less violent than God.

If God really loved you, it would not chain you in a cave watching shadows on the wall and ask that your experience that lasts for an incredibly mind boggling short duration count for eternity.

Gandi believed it was every human's duty to fight injustice. There is no greater injustice than the "biblical God".
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 10:06:03 PM

What did you think was going to happen? All atheists don't accept the subjective might makes right ethics that religion proposes.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
AbnerGrimm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 10:37:13 PM
At 5/14/2013 2:39:46 PM, slo1 wrote:
He is a narcissist with an enormous ego who likes to send complex clues, although the Riddler is a bit less violent than God.

There is no greater injustice than the "biblical God".

Care to debate either statement?
Sola.Gratia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 11:06:14 PM
At 5/14/2013 5:06:23 PM, Dogknox wrote:
justin.graves what?! Cat got your tongue, you have nothing to say ??!

I thought believers were to be patient and show kindness? Did you do that? Here it is justin.graves was pouring his heart out and admitting he was wrong about something and you mock him and ridicule him. Shame on you. :/
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 8:42:40 PM
At 5/14/2013 11:06:14 PM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
At 5/14/2013 5:06:23 PM, Dogknox wrote:
justin.graves what?! Cat got your tongue, you have nothing to say ??!

I thought believers were to be patient and show kindness? Did you do that? Here it is justin.graves was pouring his heart out and admitting he was wrong about something and you mock him and ridicule him. Shame on you. :/
Sola.Gratia If you looked ...justin.graves was on the Fourm but he never addressed his thread, this thread!
He starts a thread..he does NOT believe the scriptures, he does not defend his words!

His words...I created this topic to see what Atheists would say about God. I now wish I had not created it for they blaspheme and shame the LORD. Are there any followers of God who will come and wipe the shame from the face of Jesus? To stand out from the mocking crowd on Calvary and defend Him? Where are you Jesus Freaks?

Sola.Gratia you can clearly see the honey dripping from justin.graves tounge he talkes so sweet!!

Your words.. I thought believers were to be patient and show kindness? Did you do that? Here it is justin.graves was pouring his heart out and admitting he was wrong about something and you mock him and ridicule him. Shame on you.

Sola.Gratia Your words are worse then justin.graves words; Your words are "SARCASTIC"!!!
justin.graves words are accusation!!!

Dogknox
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 8:30:38 AM
I'd be suspect of anyone who belittles the disciples of Christ by calling them "Jesus Freaks". Isn't that a charming appellation?

"If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God" (I Pet 4: 11)

I take that to mean to speak as the Bible speaks on religious matters: to call Bible things by Bible names. I thus wouldn't take any supposed Christian too seriously if he identifies himself as a "Jesus Freak."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 1:21:52 PM
Follow my posts Justin I have been moping up lies for weeks now on this site. His name is Yahshua, not Jesus.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 1:31:42 PM
At 5/23/2013 8:30:38 AM, annanicole wrote:
I'd be suspect of anyone who belittles the disciples of Christ by calling them "Jesus Freaks". Isn't that a charming appellation?

"If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God" (I Pet 4: 11)

I take that to mean to speak as the Bible speaks on religious matters: to call Bible things by Bible names. I thus wouldn't take any supposed Christian too seriously if he identifies himself as a "Jesus Freak."

I know you know that the bible is translated, so how do you reconcile that with this theory? Technically, none of the words you just used were used in the bible. So why are you using them? At the very least, you should be saying Chrestianoi, rather than christian.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 1:34:01 PM
Justin: The word LORD is just a title. In the original Hebrew you will see this:
H1961
היה
h"y"h
BDB Definition:
1) to be, become, come to pass, exist, happen, fall out
1a) (Qal)
1a1) -----
1a1a) to happen, fall out, occur, take place, come about, come to pass
1a1b) to come about, come to pass
1a2) to come into being, become
1a2a) to arise, appear, come
1a2b) to become
1a2b1) to become
1a2b2) to become like
1a2b3) to be instituted, be established
1a3) to be
1a3a) to exist, be in existence
1a3b) to abide, remain, continue (with word of place or time)
1a3c) to stand, lie, be in, be at, be situated (with word of locality)
1a3d) to accompany, be with
1b) (Niphal)
1b1) to occur, come to pass, be done, be brought about
1b2) to be done, be finished, be gone
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by BDB/Strong"s Number: a primitive root [compare H1933]
Same Word by TWOT Number: 491

When you put a yud in fron of it for "I" you get YHWH

This is the Father'sname as given to Moses on Mt. Sinai.

YHWH was replaced by the title, lord, mainly because the Jews thought YHWH's name to holy to pronounce. Problem was they were thinking to much.
The Hebrew name for Lord is Adonai.
Tou will also see the title Hashem in certain Jewish translations.

Yahshua's name comes from the Father.

Yah=God

Shua=salvation

Truly the Father proceeds forth from the Son.