Total Posts:626|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christians worship on the Lords Day, SUNDAY!

Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 8:50:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Jews try to keep holy the Sabbath, for the past two thousand years they have tried to keep Sundown Friday to sundown Saturday holy!
Jews are NOT Christian!
Christians are NOT Jews!

Christians WORSHIP God on Sundays! We go to Church, we pray, we honor him!
If you do NOT worship God on the Lords Day then you are one of the two....
1) you are Jew or 2) NOT a Christian!
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 9:05:55 PM
At 5/15/2013 8:50:23 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Jews try to keep holy the Sabbath, for the past two thousand years they have tried to keep Sundown Friday to sundown Saturday holy!
Jews are NOT Christian!
Christians are NOT Jews!

You only worship God on Sunday? not everyday?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 12:22:05 AM
At 5/15/2013 9:05:55 PM, stubs wrote:
Jews are NOT Christian!
Christians are NOT Jews!

stubs Hello..
Good question..
I reply.. Christians "Keep the Lords day".. NOT Saturday Sabbath!
Anyone who Keeps the Sabbath is Jewish NOT Christian.
It is just this simple.

Christians worship on Sundays, the Lords day! Christians attend Church on Sundays the Lords Day!
Non Christians do NOT!

Christian pray and worship God all days, we keep Sundays, The Lords day for worship!
To say different; Saying Christians do NOT worship God on the Lords day, is going against scripture and what the early Church Father's have always taught.

Jews try to keep HOLY the Sabbath, they can't and never will they keep the Sabbath holy.. it is a "Works of the Law"!
stubs Works of the law is not what saves, keeping the Sabbath Holy is an impossibility.

To base salvation of your soul on "Trying to keep the Sabbath Holy" goes against Christianity and the scriptures!
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 1:48:09 AM
At 5/16/2013 12:22:05 AM, Dogknox wrote:
Jews are NOT Christian!
Christians are NOT Jews!

stubs Hello..
Good question..
It is just this simple.

Christians worship on Sundays, the Lords day! Christians attend Church on Sundays the Lords Day!
Non Christians do NOT!

Christian pray and worship God all days, we keep Sundays, The Lords day for worship!
To say different; Saying Christians do NOT worship God on the Lords day, is going against scripture and what the early Church Father's have always taught.

Jews try to keep HOLY the Sabbath, they can't and never will they keep the Sabbath holy.. it is a "Works of the Law"!
stubs Works of the law is not what saves, keeping the Sabbath Holy is an impossibility.

To base salvation of your soul on "Trying to keep the Sabbath Holy" goes against Christianity and the scriptures!

Actually Christians should worship God everyday. You're a good catholic I'm sure you know that
Sola.Gratia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 2:05:13 AM
Jews are NOT Christian!
Christians are NOT Jews!

Soo, Church service is on Sunday only and then that's it? What happened to worshipping God everyday? And the Church is the individuals in the building not the name of a building.. Just saying..
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 6:30:35 PM
stubs you rightly said.. Actually Christians should worship God everyday. You're a good catholic I'm sure you know that
I reply.. Right you are.. I attend "Mass" (worship) everyday.. I go to Worship God on Sundays because this is the day DESAGNATED by Christians to worship!

stubs The Non Christine worships on Saturday Sabbath the last day of the week.. Friday sundown to Saturday sundown!
Trying to keep Friday sundown to Saturday sundown "HOLY" can't be done! It is a work of the law, it will not save. God wants real worship!

An example of a Sabbath keeper is a Jew!
Jews are NOT Christians nor any other Sabbath keeper!
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 6:41:53 PM
At 5/16/2013 2:05:13 AM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
Jews are NOT Christian!
Christians are NOT Jews!

Soo, Church service is on Sunday only and then that's it? What happened to worshipping God everyday? And the Church is the individuals in the building not the name of a building.. Just saying..

Sola.Gratia Worship on the "Lords Day" is what Christians have always done!

The Didache is CHRISTIAN..
The Didache tells you this..
"But every Lord"s day . . . gather yourselves together and break bread, and give thanksgiving after having confessed your transgressions, that your sacrifice may be pure. But let no one that is at variance with his fellow come together with you, until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice may not be profaned" (Didache 14 [A.D. 70]).

The Letter of Barnabas
Barnabas said..
"We keep the eighth day [Sunday] with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose again from the dead" (Letter of Barnabas 15:6"8 [A.D. 74]).

Ignatius of Antioch is a CHRISTIAN he is not a Jew!
He said..
"[T]hose who were brought up in the ancient order of things [i.e. Jews] have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord"s day, on which also our life has sprung up again by him and by his death" (Letter to the Magnesians 8 [A.D. 110]).

You ask.. What happened to worshipping God everyday?
WORSHIP in a Catholic Church happens everyday. Every day the Priest offers up to the Father an acceptable sacrifice.. The Body and Blood Of Jesus! A GIFT we KNOW God will accept! God gives me everyday the GIFT of LIFE!!
He feeds his Church.. "LIFE"!
32 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."

34 "Sir," they said, "always give us this bread."

35 Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

Catholic' DO worship everyday in Church, we Pray and Praise God everyday at home at work and in the car!
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 12:00:54 AM
No, not right at all, this is the truth according to the truth. SCRIPTURE!!!
Article by Eliyah with permission to post. Not complete article.
When Does the Sabbath Begin?

In modern culture, most of us have been raised to believe that a new day begins at midnight. There is no scriptural precedent for this belief and the way that midnight is reckoned today would be impossible without mechanical clocks.

Since Yahweh is the one who created days and nights, it is important for us to understand when He regards a new day to begin. This becomes important if we want to keep the Ten Commandments because the fourth commandment says that we must "Remember the Sabbath, to keep it holy."

The purpose of this study will demonstrate from the scriptures that evening marks the time when a day has ended and a new 24 hour day begins. Some have written and asked me to address various objections where some believe that a day ends at sunrise. If you are interested in reading a response to those points, feel free to contact me and I'll give you a link to a point-by-point response.

As you read this study, you will notice that I often refer to the Hebrew and Greek. This is so that we can be sure that we are getting the true meanings that Yahweh intended when He inspired the scriptures. The best way to arrive at a proper understanding of a Hebrew or Greek word is to examine how it is used throughout the scriptures. Lexicons are nice, but examining the various contexts of Hebrew and Greek words is the very thing that lexicon writers do when coming up with their definitions. Therefore, it is important that we trace their steps rather than just blindly accepting what any lexicon may have to say.

Genesis 1

According to the scriptures, Elohim created the heavens and the earth, the waters, and all that is in them in six days:

Genesis 1:1-2 n the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of Elohim was hovering over the face of the waters.

So Elohim begins His creation of the heavens and earth in Genesis 1:1. The earth present in verse 2, otherwise there would not have been any "face of the waters" for the Spirit of Elohim to move upon, and there would have been not "face of the deep" for darkness to be upon. Therefore, Genesis 1:1 is describing the first event which occurred on day 1--the creation of the heavens and the earth. With this, other scriptures agree:

Exodus 20:11a "For in six days Yahweh made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day.

Exodus 31:17 'It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days Yahweh made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.' "

Therefore, since Yahweh made the heavens and the earth in six days, the creation of the heavens and the earth would have needed to occur on the first day of creation.

In Elohim's creation of the earth, the earth is described as being:

1. Without form (Hebrew #8414, "tohu")

The Hebrew word translated "Without form" is used in other verses such as:

Job 12:24-25 He takes away the understanding of the chiefs of the people of the earth, And makes them wander in a pathless wilderness. (#8414 "Tohu") 25 They grope in the dark without light, And He makes them stagger like a drunken man.

Jeremiah 4:23-26 I beheld the earth, and indeed it was without form (#8414 "Tohu"), and void; And the heavens, they had no light. 24 I beheld the mountains, and indeed they trembled, And all the hills moved back and forth. 25 I beheld, and indeed there was no man, And all the birds of the heavens had fled. 26 I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land was a wilderness, And all its cities were broken down At the presence of Yahweh, By His fierce anger.

Seeing how the Hebrew word #8414 "Tohu" is used in other verses of scripture, we can come to a clearer understanding of its meaning. Some of suggested it simply means that the earth didn't exist at all, and it was just "nothing." But we see that it's "Tohu" is used to describe the condition of an already existing earth in Job 12:24 and Jeremiah 4:23. Therefore this Hebrew word would also be describing the condition of an already existing earth in Genesis 1:2 as well.

2. Void

The Hebrew word translated "void" is also used in Jeremiah 4:23 above (Jeremiah 4:23 "I beheld the earth, and indeed it was without form and void") as well as an existing (but empty) land in Isaiah 34:11 ("stones of emptiness").

3. Dark

The Hebrew word translated consistently means "darkness" in every place it is translated, including 3 places where it is translated "obscurity" but could easily have been translated "Darkness" and convey the same meaning.

So one of the things that existed in His initial creation of the heavens and the earth was darkness. Therefore, darkness existed as part of the creation of the heavens and earth. Therefore, in Genesis 1, we have Yahweh's creation of the heavens, and Yahweh's creation of a formless, empty, dark earth containing waters and a "face of the deep."

If the earth had not yet been created, the earth would not have had any attributes at all. It could not have had water for the Spirit of Elohim to hover over, and it could not have had a "face of the deep" for darkness to be upon. For something to have any attributes, it first needs to exist.

The next creation of Elohim was light:

Genesis 1:3 Then Elohim said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

There are some who believe a day begins at sunrise, so they regard this creation of light to be the initial act which began the six days of creation. But since Yahweh created the heavens and the earth in six days, we can't place the creation of the heavens and earth outside that six day period. So to start the first day in verse 3 is a contradiction.

Next, Elohim separates the light from the darkness:

Genesis 1:4 And Elohim saw the light, that it was good. And Elohim separated the light from the darkness.

Since the sun was not yet created, it is anyone's guess as to how the light was separated from darkness and what it all really looked like. But we know that at first that the earth He created in verse 1 was dark, formless and empty. The darkness existed first, and light was created afterward.

In the first part of the next verse, Elohim gives names to the light and darkness:

Genesis 1:5a And Elohim called the light 'day' and the darkness He called 'night.'

Some have suggested that light begins a day due to the fact that it says He called the light "day" first and then afterward calls the darkness "night." But that is a clear contradiction of the previous verses where we see that Elohim created the heavens as well the formless, empty, and dark earth before He ever created light. It doesn't say He waited until day and night came before He named them. Half of the earth is lit up and the other half is dark at any given time. Elohim, who is above the the earth, could easily have named them both at the same time.

The first day's order of events is further confirmed by the remainder of verse 5 where the concept and order of time is first described:

Genesis 1:5b And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, day one.

Up until now, the timeframe in which Elohim did all these things had not been mentioned. But with these words, all the acts of creation up to this point are placed in an specific frame of time.

It is evident that "evening" describes the time when there is no light (beginning after the sun has set), and "morning" is describing the time when there is light (beginning at sunrise).

But what exactly is sunrise? We all know that sunrise begins when the sun casts its first beam of light over the horizon. This moment would begin the morning.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 8:52:12 AM
Sower4GS What you said is all very nice.. BUT...

But, To keep the Sabbath the HOLY scriptures tell us.. The Sabbath is "Sundown Friday to sundown Saturday" these 24 hours make up the one day.. Sabbath!

The Seventh Day Adventist say.. Only they keep the Sabbath Holy!
They say, they are the Only Christians!

My question is this.. HOW..
Sower4GS how do they keep it holy? When the Jews could not keep it "HOLY"!

NOTHING..
Sower4GS nothing is found in the Old Testament saying; "Church Attendance" keeps the Sabbath Holy-nothing!!

I have pointed out to them many, many times.. The Sabbath begins Friday night... So logic forces me to ask "What do they do Friday nights to keep it HOLY??!" I get no reply.. NONE-zero reply from them!

I have pointed out.. Christians have always kept the "Lords Day" Sunday is the Lords day.
Scriptures tell us; Christians would gather on the "Lords Day" and break bread.. (Worship)

Christians are NOT Jews and Jews are NOT Christians!
Clearly the Seventh Day Adventists are NOT Christians they are "Jew Wannabe"! I have nothing against Jews.. ZERO against Jews.. All I am trying to do is point out to them (The Seventh Day Adventist) the error in thinking they are Christian!
Sower4GS beside all this; Scriptures are clear.. Jews also reject, eating the flesh of Jesus, in the form of bread!

52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

Sower4GS The Seventh Day Adventist do the same, they also reject, eating of the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread!
CLEARLY..
Sower4GS The Seventh Day Adventist is NOT Christian!

Dogknox
AbnerGrimm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 9:12:54 AM
Jews are NOT Christian!

I know plenty of Jewish Christians.

Christians are NOT Jews!

Again, I know plenty of Jewish Christians. You realize that Jewish is people live in foreign nations and are Christains don't you? Jewish is also used as a national heritage and not Judaism.

Christians WORSHIP God on Sundays!:

There are references about Christians meeting on the Sabbath (Saturday) to pray and study the Scriptures:
Acts 13:13-14
Paul and his companions ... On the Sabbath they went to the synagogue for the services.
Acts 16:13
On the Sabbath we went a little way outside the city to a riverbank, where we thought people would be meeting for prayer ...
Acts 17:2
As was Paul"s custom, he went to the synagogue service, and for three Sabbaths in a row he used the Scriptures to reason with the people.

The change is a gradual progression over time.

Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 9:19:32 AM
Question? Where do you get your facts because you know little of what you are talking about.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 4:26:43 PM
At 5/18/2013 9:12:54 AM, AbnerGrimm wrote:
Jews are NOT Christian!

I know plenty of Jewish Christians.

Christians are NOT Jews!

Again, I know plenty of Jewish Christians. You realize that Jewish is people live in foreign nations and are Christians don't you? Jewish is also used as a national heritage and not Judaism.

Christians WORSHIP God on Sundays!:

There are references about Christians meeting on the Sabbath (Saturday) to pray and study the Scriptures:
Acts 13:13-14
Paul and his companions ... On the Sabbath they went to the synagogue for the services.
Acts 16:13
On the Sabbath we went a little way outside the city to a riverbank, where we thought people would be meeting for prayer ...
Acts 17:2
As was Paul"s custom, he went to the synagogue service, and for three Sabbaths in a row he used the Scriptures to reason with the people.

The change is a gradual progression over time.

AbnerGrimm You quote "Paul attending synagogue on the Sabbath" TO PREACH!!!

Yes Paul went to the Jewish synagogue to PREACH to JEWS!
Paul was PREACHING "Jesus resurrected" to the Jews!
THINK: All the Jews had was the Old Testament... In the Old Testament; "Christ Resurrected is not found..

AbnerGrimm They NEEDED a TEACHER to arrive at the TRUTH! NOT...
AbnerGrimm not in two thousand years would the Jews arrive at the TRUTH without the CHURCH there to PREACH the TRUTH!! "Christ Resurrected in not found in the Old Testament!" PROOF...

AbnerGrimm proof is simple, to this day two thousand years later they still do not believe "Christ Resurrected"! AbnerGrimm The Bereans are the MORE NOBLE Jews because, they LISTENED to the CHURCH TEACH!

Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

DO YOU SEE IT??
The LESS NOBLE people of Thessalonica believed in "SCRIPTURES ALONE"!

They refused to listen to the CHURCH!... BUT WAIT..
When the people of Thessalonica stand in Judgement they can say to Jesus: "We do not have written in our Old Testament.. 'Listen to the CHURCH' we did not know we were supposed to Listen to the Church"
AbnerGrimm You have no EXCUSE.. Your New Testament has written >> LISTEN TO THE CHURCH<<!
The Protestant is less then the less noble people of Thessalonica the Protestant is NOT NOBLE!! They reject the scriptures!

The protestant reject the ONLY CHURCH Paul was teaching in!
They reject the ONLY CHURCH Jesus is ALWAYS with!!

The protestant has placed the salvation of his soul in TEACHINGS not found in the scriptures! The Protestant TEACHER rejects the scriptures to TEACH LIES!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 6:21:37 AM
Dogknox: "The LESS NOBLE people of Thessalonica believed in "SCRIPTURES ALONE"!"

Anna: The Bible pronounces certain curses upon those who "add to", Dogknox. How do you know the folks in Thessalonica searched the scriptures at all? The Bible sure doesn't say it. How about the folks in Thessalonica didn't pay any attn. to Paul or the scriptures? How's that? Your assumptions count for nothing.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 9:27:14 AM
At 5/16/2013 1:48:09 AM, stubs wrote:
At 5/16/2013 12:22:05 AM, Dogknox wrote:
Jews are NOT Christian!
Christians are NOT Jews!

stubs Hello..
Good question..
It is just this simple.

Non Christians do NOT!

Actually Christians should worship God everyday. You're a good catholic I'm sure you know that

I worship Joe Pesci.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 10:54:25 AM
Jews are NOT Christian!
Christians are NOT Jews!

you're dumb.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 11:43:30 AM
At 5/19/2013 6:21:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
Dogknox: "The LESS NOBLE people of Thessalonica believed in "SCRIPTURES ALONE"!"

Anna: The Bible pronounces certain curses upon those who "add to", Dogknox. How do you know the folks in Thessalonica searched the scriptures at all? The Bible sure doesn't say it. How about the folks in Thessalonica didn't pay any attn. to Paul or the scriptures? How's that? Your assumptions count for nothing.

Hello annanicole I hope all is well....
You ask "How do I know"? How do I know the people of Thessalonica searched the scriptures at all?
I believe the scriptures.... The people Thessalonica (MOST) rejected Paul outright..

This comes BEFORE Acts 17:11...
When Paul and his companions had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a Jewish synagogue. 2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and proving that the Messiah had to suffer and rise from the dead. "This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Messiah," he said. 4 Some of the Jews were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, as did a large number of God-fearing Greeks and quite a few prominent women.
5 But other Jews were jealous; so they rounded up some bad characters from the marketplace, formed a mob and started a riot in the city. They rushed to Jason"s house in search of Paul and Silas in order to bring them out to the crowd.

Verse #4 (above) it is Pauls PREACHING ALONE that persuads them!!
annanicole So much for Scriptures "ALONE"

annanicole The Bible pronounces certain curses upon those who "add to"!!

The Bible says the Bereans accepted Pauls/CHURCH TEACHING!!!
The Bible says the Bereans received the message with great eagerness!
The Bible uses the fact the Bereans received the message with great eagerness for pointing out; "Why they are MORE NOBLE"!!
LOGIC ALONE says the Thessalonica are the LESS Noble because the same verse compares the Bereans to them!!

11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

FOR they received the message!!
Compared to the People in Thessalonica.. who did NOT!!
annanicole Paul had PREACHED in Thessalonica also/before Berea..!!

The FACT they received the message proves they reject; "Scriptures ALONE!"
The FACT those in Thessalonica rejected PAUL' preaching the word of God.. PROVES beyond all doubt.. they reject CHURCH outright!

The belief in "Scriptures ALONE" means the rejection of CHURCH!
LOGIC ALONE says; If they accepted Pauls teaching they would NOT be believers of "Scriptures ONLY!"

annanicole The Bible pronounces certain curses upon those who "add to"!!
The Bible says Jesus is ALWAYS with his CHURCH to the end of the world!
The Bible says WHOLE households were Baptized!
The Bible says The CHURCH is the Pillar and the foundation of TRUTH!
The Bible says Timothy PROTECTS Doctrine, Commands and TEACHES men!
The Bible says My flesh is REAL FOOD!
The Bible says My blood is REAL DRINK!
The Bible says Unless you eat my flesh you have no life!
The Bible says Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life!
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 12:38:13 PM
"Christians WORSHIP God on Sundays! We go to Church, we pray, we honor him!
1) you are Jew or 2) NOT a Christian!"

"You are either a Jew or not a Christian." Money quote.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 1:54:38 PM
At 5/19/2013 10:54:25 AM, 000ike wrote:
Jews are NOT Christian!
Christians are NOT Jews!

you're dumb.

000ike I hope all is well....
I am DUMB!!??
I have to ask..Why, is it because I am NOT a Seventh Day Adventist??!

I point out... "The Seventh Day Adventist" spend no shortage of words cutting down those who attent "Lords Day church worship service"! But I am the dumb person !???

000ike "CHRISTIANS" have always worshiped on the Lords day"! The Seventh Day Adventist do not WORSHIP.. they spend their Saturdays trying to keep it; The Sabbath Holy!! Just as God commanded the JEWS!!

000ike How do you keep the Sabbath HOLY!!?

Dogknox
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 2:18:31 PM

Dogknox: You ask "How do I know"? How do I know the people of Thessalonica searched the scriptures at all? I believe the scriptures.... The people Thessalonica (MOST) rejected Paul outright..

Anna: Whether they rejected Paul outright or not is not the point. The query is: "How do you know that the Thessalonians searched the scriptures at all?"

"Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures" (Acts 17: 2)

Please note: Paul wasn't runnin' around appealing to some vague "tradition." Paul also wasn't downplaying the sufficiency of the scriptures.

Point #1: Paul taught by reasoning with men from the scriptures. That's not exactly how a Catholic teaches: a Catholic simply makes it up, i. e. the assumption of Mary. You couldn't teach that one by "reasoning from the scriptures."

Very well. The result? "And some of them believed" ..... and some of them were "the Jews which believed not."

Dogknox, did those Jews in Thessalonica who "believed not" ... did THEY search the scriptures daily to see if what Paul said was true? Did they? Yes or no.

You're always rambling that the nonbelieving Thessalonicans believed in "scriptures only." Did they? I'd say they did NOT search the scriptures daily ... they paid no attention to them at all. They were oblivious to Messianic prophecies.

1. Paul showed them that "Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ." Paul did that. How?

2. He "reasoned with them out of the scriptures."

3. Some didn't believe. Why? Why didn't they believe the Messianic prophesies in the OT? Why not?

Thus, I tender the question again:

Did those Jews in Thessalonica who "believed not" ... did THEY search the scriptures daily to see if what Paul said was true?

and

How do you know the nonbelievers in Thessalonica searched the scriptures at all?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 3:28:53 PM
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 3:29:38 PM
No where in Scripture does it say that the Sabbath is from Sat at Sundown to Sun at sun down. It says observe the Shabbat, the seventh day. Weeeellll...the seventh day, as every one knows or should is Saturday, the first day of the week is Sunday. Even the Christians will tell you that. The real Sabbath was changed to Sunday by the Christian church father's long ago, but the Jewish people have been observing the true Shabbat on Saturday all along. They are great people, I just keep praying the one;s that have not yet will realize that the Messiah has come! He came to redeem and gather first, He will Judge soon! We all have to be patient. The Messiah had to make us ready first by cleaning us up!
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 3:31:59 PM
At 5/19/2013 3:29:38 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
No where in Scripture does it say that the Sabbath is from Sat at Sundown to Sun at sun down. It says observe the Shabbat, the seventh day. Weeeellll...the seventh day, as every one knows or should is Saturday, the first day of the week is Sunday. Even the Christians will tell you that. The real Sabbath was changed to Sunday by the Christian church father's long ago, but the Jewish people have been observing the true Shabbat on Saturday all along. They are great people, I just keep praying the one;s that have not yet will realize that the Messiah has come! He came to redeem and gather first, He will Judge soon! We all have to be patient. The Messiah had to make us ready first by cleaning us up!
http://youtu.be...
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 3:35:47 PM
At 5/19/2013 3:31:59 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
At 5/19/2013 3:29:38 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
http://youtu.be...
http://www.beithakavod.com...
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 5:20:16 PM
Anna: Whether they rejected Paul outright or not is not the point. The query is: "How do you know that the Thessalonians searched the scriptures at all?"

"Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures" (Acts 17: 2)

Please note: Paul wasn't runnin' around appealing to some vague "tradition." Paul also wasn't downplaying the sufficiency of the scriptures.

I reply: "CHRIST RESURRECTED" is not found in the OLD Testament scriptures!!!
Pauls message of "Christ Resurrected" is a TRADITION!!
annanicole "Christ Resurrected" is NOT in the scriptures of Pauls day.. THUS it is TRADITION Paul was teaching them!

The Scriptures were NOT sufficient the Scriptures did not have the truth in them, they were LACKING!
Pauls SCRIPTURES would NOT have saved the Bereans!
The Bereans scriptures would NOT have saved the Bereans!
They needed CHURCH!
They needed TRADITION to be saved!

They NEEDED Church to TEACH them "Christ Resurrected" to arrive at the TRUTH!!
NOT..
annanicole Not in two Thousand years would the Bereans or the Thessalonians arrive at the TRUTH of; "Christ Resurrected" without being TAUGHT the truth!!
Proof is, the Jews to this day having ONLY the OLD Testament still have not arrived at the truth from their OLD Testament scriptures!

FACT: The Bereans ACCEPTED Pauls TEACHING...They found TRUTH through the CHURCH! The Bereans did NOT believe in "Scriptures ALONE" if they (The Bereans) believed in Scriptures alone they would never have arrived at the truth!
This is in the scriptures.. for they received the message with great eagerness

Fact: The Thessalonians REJECTED Pauls TEACHING outright! They were the LESS NOBLE IN CHARACTER!

11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

annanicole Paul TAUGHT the Thessalonians the same message as he did in Berea. They rejected CHURCH! The Thessalonians rejected the message of PAUL! They rejected the TEACHING!!

When Paul and his companions had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a Jewish synagogue. 2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and proving that the Messiah had to suffer and rise from the dead.

5 But other Jews (Thessalonians) were jealous; so they rounded up some bad characters from the marketplace, formed a mob and started a riot in the city. They rushed to Jason"s house in search of Paul and Silas in order to bring them out to the crowd.

DID YOU SEE IT?? Paul reasoned with them from the Scriptures, (verse 2 above)
annanicole The Thessalonians rejected Pauls Message thus they believed only in the scriptures!! Rejecting the MESSAGE of Paul all they had left was their scriptures and ONLY their scriptures!

THINK: The Thessalonians believed in their Old Testament Scriptures otherwise they would NOT be Jews!!! DUH!!
They rejected the other source of TRUTH "The CHURCH" all they had left was their sc riptures and scriptures ALONE!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 8:08:49 PM
The queries were:

Did those Jews in Thessalonica who "believed not" ... did THEY search the scriptures daily to see if what Paul said was true?

and

How do you know the nonbelievers in Thessalonica searched the scriptures at all?

Dogknox beat around the bush and never answered (again).

Dogknox says: "The Thessalonians rejected Pauls Message thus they believed only in the scriptures!"

Anna: Apparently not, for the scriptures corroborated Paul's message. The Bereans did what? They, unlike you, SEARCHED ... delved into ... analyzed ... the scriptures. Did the Thessalonians? Nope!

Question: Did Paul teach the Thessalonians or the Bereans anything different than what the scriptures said?

Dogknox: "Rejecting the MESSAGE of Paul all they had left was their scriptures and ONLY their scriptures!"

Anna: And what then was their problem? They - like Roman Catholics - didn't utilize their own scriptures. How said! The Bereans, however, DID!

Dogknox: "THINK: The Thessalonians believed in their Old Testament Scriptures otherwise they would NOT be Jews!!!"

Anna: They were BORN Jews. The Thessalonians, unlike the Bereans, did not heed the words of their own scriptures. That's why you can't answer the question:

"Did those Jews in Thessalonica who "believed not" ... did THEY search the scriptures daily to see if what Paul said was true?"

ANSWER IT!

Tell us ... YES or NO

"Did those Jews in Thessalonica who "believed not" ... did THEY search the scriptures daily to see if what Paul said was true?"

ANSWER IT! YES or NO

ANSWER IT! YES OR NO

The boy won't answer .... again! I guarantee you.

Look at the pathetic Catholic position:

Dogknox: "Pauls message of "Christ Resurrected" is a TRADITION!!"

Anna: The popish attempts to get these supposed vague traditions into things causes them to relegate the resurrection Jesus Christ to a mere tradition. "That's just something kinda passed down." Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

And again:

Dogknox: "annanicole "Christ Resurrected" is NOT in the scriptures of Pauls day.. THUS it is TRADITION Paul was teaching them!"

Anna: Paul's WORDS were inspired. The resurrection of Jesus Christ was not merely a tradition, You maintain a ridiculous position: you think if an inspired man - a man whose very words are God-breathed - says something ... then that "something" is a tradition.

Why don't you do this? Why don't you give us an example of a few things that aren't traditions?

Is the sinless life of Christ just a tradition?
Is the crucifixion just a tradition?

Exactly how are you defining "tradition"?

Besides that, you totally misrepresent others. I say the word of God is SUFFICIENT. I never said the entire "word of God" was always written down. It certainly was NOT. Where did you get the idea that anyone believed otherwise?

Anyway, you be sure to answer "yes" or "no" to the query. If not, I'll just throw up my hands and say, "Dogknox wouldn't answer "yes" or "no" - points to the church of Christ, again and again"

Here it is:

Copy it. Paste it. Answer it "yes" or "no". It's that easy!
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 9:44:53 PM
At 5/16/2013 6:30:35 PM, Dogknox wrote:
I reply.. Right you are.. I attend "Mass" (worship) everyday.. I go to Worship God on Sundays because this is the day DESAGNATED by Christians to worship!

+1, I do too. Dogknox, accept my friend request! I'd love to talk to you more about your views on Catholicism in private.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 10:10:15 PM
Your questions.. Did those Jews in Thessalonica who "believed not" ... did THEY search the scriptures daily to see if what Paul said was true?

and

I reply: Paul reasoned with them from the OLD TESTAMENT.. Paul showed them their scriptures....They rejected Pauls teaching, not the scriptures, they did not have to search daily..
Acts 17:1
When Paul and his companions had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a Jewish synagogue. 2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

... Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

annanicole They rejected Pauls teaching!!!!
They accept ONLY the scriptures!!

THINK: Clearly; They are not Atheists they attend the synagogue!!!
They are JEWS.. They believe the scriptures because they are Jews!!!
annanicole Belief in the scriptures are not the problem!!
The Thessalonians believe ONLY the scriptures... LOGIC says, if they accepted Pauls teaching they would not have chased him out!! DUH!!

The Bereans are also Jews.. They also believe their scriptures this is what makes them Jews, belief in the scriptures!

The Bereans accepted Pauls teaching.. it was Pauls teaching that made them BELIEVE!
CHURCH brings salvation!!
CHURCH has the authority to TEACH all nations, before Jesus left the earth he commissions his CHURCH to TEACH!!!!! And TEACHING is what Paul did!
And TEACHING is what the Thessalonians rejected!

Church Teaching Scriptures! Not scriptures ALONE!!!

Dogknox
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 11:30:44 PM
Anna: ""Did those Jews in Thessalonica who "believed not" ... did THEY search the scriptures daily to see if what Paul said was true?""

Dogknox: "they did not have to search daily"

Anna: Very well. Those in Thessalonica who "believed not" did NOT search their own scriptures daily. They didn't pay any attention to all the Messianic prophesies concerning the Christ. They did not accept the word of God, whether from Paul, the OT scriptures, or anything else. Thus, mark it, Dogknox:

The problem with the people of Thessanolica was NOT that they believed in "scriptures alone." NOBODY has ever believed that, including Protestants. You are the only one who keeps blurting it out. Repeat: the problem of those Jewish nonbelievers in Thessalonica was NOT "scriptures alone." They had problems, but that wasn't one of them.

Dogknox: "Paul reasoned with them from the OLD TESTAMENT.. Paul showed them their scriptures....They rejected Pauls teaching, not the scriptures"

Anna: They REJECTED a correct application of the scriptures. They handled the word of God wrecklessly, just as you do many times.

Dogknox: annanicole They rejected Pauls teaching!!!! They accept ONLY the scriptures!!"

Anna: The PROBLEM wasn't that they accepted ONLY the scriptures, though. The scriptures would have indeed pointed them right to Jesus Christ.

What you say is about half-true, then you venture off into a ridiculous conclusion.

The difference, mark it, regarding the Bereans and Thessalonicans regarding the scriptures is this:

(1) The Bereans SEARCHED and RESEARCHED the scriptures IN ORDER TO DETERMINE if what Paul was telling them was true. They didn't BLINDLY accept Paul's teaching.

(2) The Thessalonians DID NOT SEARCH and RESEARCH the scriptures IN ORDER TO DETERMINE if what Paul was telling them was true.

There's the difference! It's not that one of them believed in "scriptures alone."

Dogknox: "Belief in the scriptures are not the problem!!"

Anna: I never said it was. The ATTITUDE, the HANDLING, the STUDYING, the RESEARCHING was the problem.

Dogknox: "The Bereans accepted Pauls teaching"

Anna: When? BEFORE they searched the scriptures? That's the point.

Dogknox: "Church Teaching Scriptures! Not scriptures ALONE!!!"

Anna: Certainly the church had inspired men to teach before the scriptures were completed. Again, no one denies that. We do not have that situation today.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 5:20:02 AM
Dognox, My Rabbi would be happy to answer any and all questions you have about Our stance. I am a seed sower not a Rabbi/teacher, He knows these questions are coming...They are good questions and worthy of a Rabbi, He is Messianic so He will give you a Complete Scriptural answer. All joking aside, you seem like you really try and study, well I point the truly inquisitive to my friend Rabbi Mark, he does not require a title so use Mark if you like....rabbi@beithakavod don't forget the .com