Jump to topic:

Why Theism/Atheism Debate Are Rarely Succede

PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 9:18:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The human experience that we call "love" will have corresponding bio-chemical activity in the brain that could be recorded, mapped, and quantified scientifically, I presume. But so will the human experience of "God". Likewise, human beings will exhibit specific sets of behavior as a result of their experience of love, yet so will we in response to an experience of God. So that if we are willing to accept these physiological phenomena as evidence for the 'reality of love', then we are bound, logically, to do the same in support of the 'reality of God'. And likewise, if we are going to deny these as evidence of the reality of God, then we must also deny the reality of love. Science, therefor, cannot help us to determine the reality of God.

The point I am trying to make is that what we are talking about in both cases is a conceptualization of our personal experience of reality. Are these conceptualizations 'real'? That becomes a VERY tricky question because what we are calling "real", here, is itself a conceptualization of our experience of reality. So that when we begin to debate the "reality of God", we end up having to debate the reality of reality, so to speak, which is an individualized and subjective conceptual phenomena. And I'm sure you can see where this would become nearly impossible to do, at least for most people.

Yet without this willingness and ability to enter into a debate on the reality of our reality, neither the theist nor the atheist will ever really be able to understand the position or the "evidence" of the others. As a result, they can only argue past each other, unhearing.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 8:48:19 PM
"All your bases are belong to us. "

Other that I mostly agree. "I think, therefore I am." But only "I" am. Although I have high doubts that there is nothing out there just because of observation.
0x5f3759df
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 12:27:18 AM
YHWH is the I Am. Be careful to use the correct personage, you know 3rd person. The reason Atheism NEVER succeeds is because atheists do not exist, just in there temporary minds. LOOK UP, YAHUSHUA the MESSIAH is coming soon, but watch out for
YAACOB's trouble a time of tribulation. Sorry about the Hebrew spelling of Jacob, it is difficult without my Hebrew fonts. Shalom future Sheep of Yisrael. The MAster Lamb Yahushua is searching for you O' Yisrael!
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 11:42:40 AM
Atheism
A'THEISM, n. The disbelief of the existence of a God, or Supreme intelligent Being.

Atheism is a ferocious system that leaves nothing above us to excite awe, nor around us, to awaken tenderness.

What YHWH has to say to Atheists:

REPENT, turn from your sins in Yahshua's name and live, for the Kingdom of Elohim (God) is here!
Dan4reason
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 11:44:49 AM
At 5/16/2013 9:18:56 AM, PureX wrote:
The human experience that we call "love" will have corresponding bio-chemical activity in the brain that could be recorded, mapped, and quantified scientifically, I presume. But so will the human experience of "God". Likewise, human beings will exhibit specific sets of behavior as a result of their experience of love, yet so will we in response to an experience of God. So that if we are willing to accept these physiological phenomena as evidence for the 'reality of love', then we are bound, logically, to do the same in support of the 'reality of God'. And likewise, if we are going to deny these as evidence of the reality of God, then we must also deny the reality of love. Science, therefor, cannot help us to determine the reality of God.

The point I am trying to make is that what we are talking about in both cases is a conceptualization of our personal experience of reality. Are these conceptualizations 'real'? That becomes a VERY tricky question because what we are calling "real", here, is itself a conceptualization of our experience of reality. So that when we begin to debate the "reality of God", we end up having to debate the reality of reality, so to speak, which is an individualized and subjective conceptual phenomena. And I'm sure you can see where this would become nearly impossible to do, at least for most people.

Yet without this willingness and ability to enter into a debate on the reality of our reality, neither the theist nor the atheist will ever really be able to understand the position or the "evidence" of the others. As a result, they can only argue past each other, unhearing.

I think that this debate can be ended when people finally realize that their experience of "God" is really their own subjective experience of their own emotions.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:09:09 PM
At 5/26/2013 11:42:40 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
Atheism
A'THEISM, n. The disbelief of the existence of a God, or Supreme intelligent Being.

Atheism is a ferocious system that leaves nothing above us to excite awe, nor around us, to awaken tenderness.

REPENT, turn from your sins in Yahshua's name and live, for the Kingdom of Elohim (God) is here!
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:58:00 PM
Who do you think made the earth? The easter bunny, wait, many might start believing this, like an explosion started it all.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 1:04:17 PM
At 5/26/2013 12:58:00 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
Who do you think made the earth? The easter bunny, wait, many might start believing this, like an explosion started it all.

Loaded question.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Chase200mph
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 9:38:37 AM
Atheism

Atheism
Answer: Theism, the stupidity that cannot defend itself so it attempts to redefine terminology as not to seem so inept.

Answer: 200 million dead all caused by the most violent religion on the planet. They are little more than zombies walking around with their umbilical cords in their hands looking for a port to plug it back in and then some con artist showed them the way"LOL

Answer: The true irony is he has never said anything to anyone with sound reason, he seems to only speak through broken weak-minded individuals. But who am I to question the great works of Christian noble"s like Adolf Hitler.
REPENT, turn from your sins in Yahshua's name and live, for the Kingdom
Answer: It isn"t fascism when a Christian does it. The great Christian god, love me or else you die! This god is weak and sick in the head. Let any Christian out there profess to me right here and now that they would condone their daughters marring anyone that professed his love with the statement "love me forever, and love me only or I will kill you!" If you could not see yourself giving a blessing to this marriage then you cannot see yourself to having accepted this un-god-like absurdity.

Atheist: Somebody that hasn"t been presented with evidence of a god, so put up or shut up.
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.