Jump to topic:

Is ALL LOVING good ?

Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 4:56:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
For Many of you include the attribute: all loving to God general attribute: Omnibenevolent, I will be evaluating how good is All Loving.

All loving just means love all the creatures.

But is love always good?

Here how love is used in a healthy sentence: X loves Y

With X, a sentient being, and Y: anything.

So if we want to know if love is good we need to evaluate Y, if Y is good, loving it is good. If Y is evil, loving it is evil. If Y is Neutral, then loving it is neutral.

Now All loving is Love everything, but in everything you got good and evil and neutral! therefore All loving is not Good, and can not be used as an attribute for God under Omnibenevolent!
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 5:35:39 PM
At 5/16/2013 4:56:23 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
For Many of you include the attribute: all loving to God general attribute: Omnibenevolent, I will be evaluating how good is All Loving.

But is love always good?

So if we want to know if love is good we need to evaluate Y, if Y is good, loving it is good. If Y is evil, loving it is evil. If Y is Neutral, then loving it is neutral.

Now All loving is Love everything, but in everything you got good and evil and neutral! therefore All loving is not Good, and can not be used as an attribute for God under Omnibenevolent!

Being "all loving" just means "as loving as possible", just like "all powerful" just means "as powerful as possible". Thus, if any love would contradict his goodness, and thus make his goodness impossible; he would not love that. Therefore, he would stay consistent with his nature by loving only that which would not contradict his goodness.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 5:37:32 PM
At 5/16/2013 4:56:23 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

But is love always good?

Also, Jesus taught to love your enemies (I'm sure that would include evil people). So, I doubt any Christian would buy your argument here in either case.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 4:02:17 AM
At 5/16/2013 5:35:39 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Being "all loving" just means "as loving as possible", just like "all powerful" just means "as powerful as possible". Thus, if any love would contradict his goodness, and thus make his goodness impossible; he would not love that. Therefore, he would stay consistent with his nature by loving only that which would not contradict his goodness.

The word "All loving" will then be confusing, and as it isn't always good, why is it under omnibenevolent at all?!
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 4:10:23 AM
For what Jesus, peace be upon him tought, it is wisdom, cause we are people , and the reasons we hate others are usually subjective, not because they are "evil", and here the detail of what he said:

But to you who hear I say, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
"Words of Jesus recorded in Luke 6:27-28.

Well He is explaining what he means with love your enemies, which is don't give hate in return to their bad treatment, but rather treat them nicely, which is elevating oneself spirit, and remember that one is God servitor, not a selfish being.

Now this doesn't mean we should Love evil in anyway.