Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Jesus did absolute dick until he was 30. Why?

twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 9:35:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Bible does not mention Jesus until he was 30. I find it odd that Jesus spent his whole life as a carpenter, then at age 30 he decides to start doing miracles and helping people. He must have seen suffering, sick and blind people all the time working back then as a carpenter. He must have thought "Never-mind about that, even though I can help, I am not going to. I am gonna wait many years and then start".

Compare Jesus to other heroes such as spider-man or the ninja turtles, who started helping people as teenagers. They did not wait until they were 30. If Jesus truly is a good person, why would he wait so long to help people?
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 9:43:02 AM
Jesus starts his ministry as an adult. His life largely followed Jewish customs. Btw, comparing Jesus to what you see in the movies is really nerdy.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 9:43:22 AM
Yes , only then was he sent as a messenger. and got the revelation, God usually send mature men, not kids.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 9:59:11 AM
At 5/17/2013 9:35:40 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
The Bible does not mention Jesus until he was 30. I find it odd that Jesus spent his whole life as a carpenter, then at age 30 he decides to start doing miracles and helping people. He must have seen suffering, sick and blind people all the time working back then as a carpenter. He must have thought "Never-mind about that, even though I can help, I am not going to. I am gonna wait many years and then start".

Compare Jesus to other heroes such as spider-man or the ninja turtles, who started helping people as teenagers. They did not wait until they were 30. If Jesus truly is a good person, why would he wait so long to help people?

He was mastering his magical arts and skills of deception, a little bit like Dynamo the magician, nobody heard much about him until he was nearing thirty either.
Prodigenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 10:01:46 AM
At 5/17/2013 9:59:11 AM, johnlubba wrote:

He was mastering his magical arts and skills of deception, a little bit like Dynamo the magician, nobody heard much about him until he was nearing thirty either.

Lmao @ that reply.
Live for the present, for it is a gift.

I surveyed 100 women and asked them what shampoo they used when showering, 98 of them said: How the hell did you get in here?
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 10:38:54 AM
At 5/17/2013 9:43:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Yes , only then was he sent as a messenger. and got the revelation, God usually send mature men, not kids.

So Jesus needed more experience? If Jesus was God's son then he would be omnipotent and would not need more experience.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 10:46:29 AM
At 5/17/2013 9:43:02 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Jesus starts his ministry as an adult. His life largely followed Jewish customs. Btw, comparing Jesus to what you see in the movies is really nerdy.

So it was more important to to follow customs then to help people when he could? As far as the spider-man comparison goes, I think spider-man clearly wins. Spider-man did not care about following normal life customs. He even risked his relationship with his girlfriend to help people. Spider-man has a simple clear message " an eye for an eye makes the world blind", whereas the message of Jesus gets interpreted by many different ways by different sects. Spider-man is humble and does not care about religion ,where Jesus does his whole you must worship me thing. Spider-man defeated many villains like Venom and the Green Goblin and saves people all the time. Jesus cured a few blind people (even though he could cure them al if he wanted), walked on water and made wine.

As far as the nerdy thing goes, no one ever started a war or genocide debating who is better Spiderman or Ninja Turtles. But, the same cannot be said about people debating whose God is better.
AbnerGrimm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 10:47:40 AM
The Jewish laws decreed that a man had to be thirty before they could take on the role of "Rabbi", being a teacher. There was also a timeline and there is still one to this day.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 10:52:03 AM
At 5/17/2013 10:38:54 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 5/17/2013 9:43:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

So Jesus needed more experience? If Jesus was God's son then he would be omnipotent and would not need more experience.

Yes good point , I'm a muslim, and believe He was one of the five most important messengers of God.But I don't know if it's about experience, It's just God's way of doing things.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 10:53:53 AM
At 5/17/2013 9:43:02 AM, Smithereens wrote:

Is there something wrong with being a nerd?
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 10:55:07 AM
At 5/17/2013 10:47:40 AM, AbnerGrimm wrote:
The Jewish laws decreed that a man had to be thirty before they could take on the role of "Rabbi", being a teacher. There was also a timeline and there is still one to this day.

. . . his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. 49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business ? 50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them. (Luke 2:41-50) KJV Story book

Obviously Story book Mary & Joseph weren't aware that their trinitarian bastard son was made from a god screwing its own Mother? (Luke 1:35) LMAO@trinitarians!
AbnerGrimm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 11:00:34 AM
At 5/17/2013 10:55:07 AM, Composer wrote:

. . . his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. 49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business ? 50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them. (Luke 2:41-50) KJV Story book

Obviously Story book Mary & Joseph weren't aware that their trinitarian bastard son was made from a god screwing its own Mother? (Luke 1:35) LMAO@trinitarians!

Do you have anything to offer?
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 11:07:05 AM
At 5/17/2013 11:00:34 AM, AbnerGrimm wrote:

I preach the Truth!

That's plenty for me & UNLIKE these other selfish divine reward seekers, that only claim to be believers so they increase their chances of obtaining Story book rewards, my unselfishness, morality and integrity leave them trodden underfoot in my benevolent wake!
AbnerGrimm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 11:14:48 AM
At 5/17/2013 11:07:05 AM, Composer wrote:
At 5/17/2013 11:00:34 AM, AbnerGrimm wrote:

I preach the Truth!

When?

That's plenty for me & UNLIKE these other selfish divine reward seekers, that only claim to be believers so they increase their chances of obtaining Story book rewards,

The way to talk and describe yourself it sounds like you reward yourself.

my unselfishness, morality and integrity leave
my benevolent wake!:
"them trodden underfoot", "bastard son was made from a god screwing its own Mother".

I doubt you are moral, unselfish, have integrity, nor benevolent.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 11:29:38 AM

Dynamo is more impressive than Jesus. I can even do many of his tricks (still cannot figure out walking through glass lol).
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 2:03:17 PM
At 5/17/2013 11:29:38 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Dynamo is more impressive than Jesus. I can even do many of his tricks (still cannot figure out walking through glass lol).

I know how ;)
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 2:26:19 PM
People of that time used to know about magic, and can tell a trick from real miracle.

no magician have ever had that much followers!
anti-justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 8:48:41 PM

First of all, there is a long narrative in Matthew and Luke about Jesus' birth, infanthood, childhood, and moving up to being 12. Then there is a gap.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 9:03:43 PM
At 5/17/2013 11:14:48 AM, AbnerGrimm wrote:
I doubt you are moral, unselfish, have integrity, nor benevolent.
Doubt all you like, you jebus the eternal jew boy reject!

You have no excuse for doubting that your allegedly preferred Story book states the trinitarian jebus YOU want to follow was a narcissistic bastard Mother Fukkr! (Luke 1:35 & 19:27) KJV Story book

Your vindicated benevolent, modest & superior morals than your imaginary friend & overall successful Cult buster moi!
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 9:25:08 PM
At 5/17/2013 2:26:19 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
People of that time used to know about magic, and can tell a trick from real miracle.
How did they allegedly manage to do that?

How do you know that is true?

Your mentor moi!
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 9:55:13 PM
It's not that Jesus did nothing until 30.

It's that, once he hit puberty, he had the good sense to ditch his biographers for awhile.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 9:56:01 PM

Doesn't the more obvious question seem to be why it took God so long to send Jesus haha?
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 10:10:18 PM
At 5/17/2013 9:56:01 PM, stubs wrote:

Doesn't the more obvious question seem to be why it took God so long to send Jesus haha?

ALL alleged Supernatural god(s) are the product of 100% human imagination!

The biblical jebus is also just another human devised yet Historical MYTH!
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 11:48:12 PM

Holy mother of God, this just destroyed my Christian faith.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 12:44:04 AM
At 5/17/2013 11:48:12 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

I know, right? It's not like Christians are notorious for being lazy *cough*team debating*cough*

I kid, I kid!
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 1:09:49 AM
At 5/18/2013 12:44:04 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 5/17/2013 11:48:12 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

I know, right? It's not like Christians are notorious for being lazy *cough*team debating*cough*

I kid, I kid!

That was laziness, though. You're right. Along with a little schoolwork and lack of communication.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 4:13:51 AM
At 5/17/2013 9:25:08 PM, Composer wrote:
How did they allegedly manage to do that?Magic is illusion, everybody can tell a person is dead, so bringing a person back to life cannot be a magic trick when the person can talk and do things, I suppose the family of the person were there too.

How do you know that is true?you can't find a counterexample? then I'm probably right should you think.

Yours moi!
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 4:51:08 PM

Do you really want to know or are you just looking for a reason to use perverted words in public?
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 5:07:51 PM
At 5/17/2013 2:03:17 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 5/17/2013 11:29:38 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

I know how ;)

I thought that one was pretty easy...
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac