Total Posts:59|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Did God rape Mary?

Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2009 7:48:26 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
If the whole thing is actually true. Isn't God a rapist for impregnating Mary with no previous consent?
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2009 8:32:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/28/2009 7:48:26 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
If the whole thing is actually true. Isn't God a rapist for impregnating Mary with no previous consent?

It is called an immaculate conception.

rape - to force to have sexual intercourse.

God did not force the VIRGIN MARY to have sexual intercourse. No rape, problem solved.
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2009 8:40:34 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Also, some really smart people say that Mary was only about 13.

Does that make God a pedophile?
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2009 8:42:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Also, if Jesus is God...

Does that make Jesus a pedophilc, motherf*cking rapist?
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2009 8:43:45 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/28/2009 8:40:34 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
Also, some really smart people say that Mary was only about 13.

Does that make God a pedophile?

Funny... So god is a pedophile now? Haha. Well I suppose it's better than hearing the usual "zomg, Muhammad was a pedophile!"
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 6:01:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/28/2009 8:42:21 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
Also, if Jesus is God...

Does that make Jesus a pedophilc, motherf*cking rapist?

God/Jesus was not a pedophile. Stupid, pointless thread.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 6:07:56 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 6:01:00 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 11/28/2009 8:42:21 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
Also, if Jesus is God...

Does that make Jesus a pedophilc, motherf*cking rapist?

God/Jesus was not a pedophile. Stupid, pointless thread.

Actually, it's something that needs to be addressed. Jesus = God, Holy Spirit. So that means Jesus did his own mother to give birth to himself. Which is rather hypocritical given that the Bible is against incest, yet God is incestuous.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 7:00:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 6:07:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2009 6:01:00 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 11/28/2009 8:42:21 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
Also, if Jesus is God...

Does that make Jesus a pedophilc, motherf*cking rapist?

God/Jesus was not a pedophile. Stupid, pointless thread.

Actually, it's something that needs to be addressed. Jesus = God, Holy Spirit. So that means Jesus did his own mother to give birth to himself. Which is rather hypocritical given that the Bible is against incest, yet God is incestuous.

Christians believe in the Holy Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. Jesus was God Incarnate. God gave life to Jesus originally through Mary.
DevinKing
Posts: 206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 7:46:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/29/2009 6:07:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Actually, it's something that needs to be addressed. Jesus = God, Holy Spirit. So that means Jesus did his own mother to give birth to himself. Which is rather hypocritical given that the Bible is against incest, yet God is incestuous.


--First off, Jesus did not have sexual intercourse with Mary, neither did God. And, since they did not have intercourse, therefore inscest was not involved. Second, IF they did have intercourse... Mary was not his mother at the time they had intercourse. She became his mother after birth (roughly nine months later)

--By the way, this was a very poor attempt at degredation of the christian God. Sorry for being blunt. =[
After demonstrating his existence with complete certainty with the proposition "I think, therefore I am", Descartes walks into a bar, sitting next to a gorgeous priest. The priest asks Descartes, "Would you like a drink?" Descartes responds, "I think not," and then proceeds to vanish in a puff of illogic.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 7:49:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 7:46:57 PM, DevinKing wrote:
At 11/29/2009 6:07:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Actually, it's something that needs to be addressed. Jesus = God, Holy Spirit. So that means Jesus did his own mother to give birth to himself. Which is rather hypocritical given that the Bible is against incest, yet God is incestuous.


--First off, Jesus did not have sexual intercourse with Mary, neither did God. And, since they did not have intercourse, therefore inscest was not involved. Second, IF they did have intercourse... Mary was not his mother at the time they had intercourse. She became his mother after birth (roughly nine months later)

--By the way, this was a very poor attempt at degredation of the christian God. Sorry for being blunt. =[

Haha, no need for me to degrade the Christian God. The Bible does a great job of that on its own.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 7:50:53 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 7:46:57 PM, DevinKing wrote:
At 11/29/2009 6:07:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Actually, it's something that needs to be addressed. Jesus = God, Holy Spirit. So that means Jesus did his own mother to give birth to himself. Which is rather hypocritical given that the Bible is against incest, yet God is incestuous.


--First off, Jesus did not have sexual intercourse with Mary, neither did God. And, since they did not have intercourse, therefore inscest was not involved. Second, IF they did have intercourse... Mary was not his mother at the time they had intercourse. She became his mother after birth (roughly nine months later)

--By the way, this was a very poor attempt at degredation of the christian God. Sorry for being blunt. =[

I hope it didn't upset you. Christians always seem to fail when answering this. The very reason I do it, is to see their response. If you got offended, you failed. Getting offended is stupid. If you don't believe what I said, why would it upset you?
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 7:52:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 7:50:53 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
If you got offended, you failed. Getting offended is stupid. If you don't believe what I said, why would it upset you?

Couldn't agree more.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 7:56:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 7:53:54 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/30/2009 7:50:53 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
Getting offended is stupid.

So, if I walk up to a black person, and say "Hey, shine my shoes and then get back to the cotton fields, you lowly n*gger", it would be stupid of him to get offended? :D

Yes, actually. If the black person was wise, he would realize that the person is making a statement about themselves, not him. If a mentally retarded person called you stupid, would you be offended?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 7:56:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 7:53:54 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/30/2009 7:50:53 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
Getting offended is stupid.

So, if I walk up to a black person, and say "Hey, shine my shoes and then get back to the cotton fields, you lowly n*gger", it would be stupid of him to get offended? :D

He should get angry give good come back at that person for being a stupid bast*rd but getting offended would still be stupid.
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 7:58:50 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 7:56:07 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/30/2009 7:53:54 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/30/2009 7:50:53 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
Getting offended is stupid.

So, if I walk up to a black person, and say "Hey, shine my shoes and then get back to the cotton fields, you lowly n*gger", it would be stupid of him to get offended? :D

Yes, actually. If the black person was wise, he would realize that the person is making a statement about themselves, not him. If a mentally retarded person called you stupid, would you be offended?

How does using a racial slur against someone (while demanding services from that person) constitute making a statement about oneself?
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 8:00:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 7:56:21 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
At 11/30/2009 7:53:54 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/30/2009 7:50:53 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
Getting offended is stupid.

So, if I walk up to a black person, and say "Hey, shine my shoes and then get back to the cotton fields, you lowly n*gger", it would be stupid of him to get offended? :D


He should get angry give good come back at that person for being a stupid bast*rd but getting offended would still be stupid.

So, he should respond to the hate speech with more hate speech? [http://en.wikipedia.org...]

By the way, I was only joking. :) Curiously, why is getting offended stupid?
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 8:00:24 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 7:50:53 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
At 11/30/2009 7:46:57 PM, DevinKing wrote:
At 11/29/2009 6:07:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Actually, it's something that needs to be addressed. Jesus = God, Holy Spirit. So that means Jesus did his own mother to give birth to himself. Which is rather hypocritical given that the Bible is against incest, yet God is incestuous.


--First off, Jesus did not have sexual intercourse with Mary, neither did God. And, since they did not have intercourse, therefore inscest was not involved. Second, IF they did have intercourse... Mary was not his mother at the time they had intercourse. She became his mother after birth (roughly nine months later)

--By the way, this was a very poor attempt at degredation of the christian God. Sorry for being blunt. =[

I hope it didn't upset you. Christians always seem to fail when answering this. The very reason I do it, is to see their response. If you got offended, you failed. Getting offended is stupid. If you don't believe what I said, why would it upset you?

Trying to degrade the Holy Virgin Mary is a serious matter in dealing with the Christian religion. You arrogant atheists think you have it all figured out.

Actually, one of my school friends taught me a great lesson today. In religion class, I asked her why she believes that energy was always present and therefore caused the big bang. She stated that energy is constant, therefore always has been present, therefore infinite, and therefore existent to cause the big bang. Many of us Christians believe that God is constant, therefore always has been present, therefore infinite, and therefore existent to create the universe. I still choose to believe God, though. I thought it was a cool rationale.
TheSkeptic
Posts: 1,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 8:02:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
So, he should respond to the hate speech with more hate speech? [http://en.wikipedia.org...]

By the way, I was only joking. :) Curiously, why is getting offended stupid?

It's not. But taking legal action against it is stupid (for those hate speech supporters out there, grow a pair).

And yeah, God didn't rape Mary since she is a virgin. But in all honesty, this 'aint so much a miracle as they pronounce it to be. It's very easy and simple to have a virgin give birth - stick the tip in and drop the load.
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 8:04:28 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 8:00:14 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/30/2009 7:56:21 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
At 11/30/2009 7:53:54 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/30/2009 7:50:53 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
Getting offended is stupid.

So, if I walk up to a black person, and say "Hey, shine my shoes and then get back to the cotton fields, you lowly n*gger", it would be stupid of him to get offended? :D


He should get angry give good come back at that person for being a stupid bast*rd but getting offended would still be stupid.

So, he should respond to the hate speech with more hate speech? [http://en.wikipedia.org...]

By the way, I was only joking. :) Curiously, why is getting offended stupid?

It's stupid cause it's useless. Giving a smart come back means making the other person think about what they said, not giving hate speech.
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 8:05:59 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 8:00:24 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Trying to degrade the Holy Virgin Mary is a serious matter in dealing with the Christian religion. You arrogant atheists think you have it all figured out.

Atheists actually think. Christians let the Bible think for them (for the most part). Atheists are more likely to figure things out given that they don't put faith in an unchanging, uncompromising beLIEf. You can't pursue truth if you think you've already found it.

Actually, one of my school friends taught me a great lesson today. In religion class, I asked her why she believes that energy was always present and therefore caused the big bang. She stated that energy is constant, therefore always has been present, therefore infinite, and therefore existent to cause the big bang. Many of us Christians believe that God is constant, therefore always has been present, therefore infinite, and therefore existent to create the universe. I still choose to believe God, though. I thought it was a cool rationale.

That's not a rationale at all. You just added an unnecessary component, in other words, unparsimonious. As Carl Sagan said, if you say that God has always existed, why don't you save a step and say the Universe always existed.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 8:07:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 8:04:28 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
It's stupid cause it's useless. Giving a smart come back means making the other person think about what they said, not giving hate speech.

No, it just enrages them more to the point where they become completely unreasonable, leading to a worse situation than what it would have been before, had it been prevented.

Want a good prevention? Make hate speech a crime. Well, an "OK" prevention. Making escalation a crime is a better compromise.
TheSkeptic
Posts: 1,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 8:07:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Want a good prevention? Make hate speech a crime. Well, an "OK" prevention. Making escalation a crime is a better compromise.

Want to debate that?
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 8:09:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 8:07:08 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 11/30/2009 8:04:28 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
It's stupid cause it's useless. Giving a smart come back means making the other person think about what they said, not giving hate speech.

No, it just enrages them more to the point where they become completely unreasonable, leading to a worse situation than what it would have been before, had it been prevented.

Want a good prevention? Make hate speech a crime. Well, an "OK" prevention. Making escalation a crime is a better compromise.

WOW! This is where we part ways my friend, people should be able to say whatever the hell they want, no matter how offensive.
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 8:09:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 7:58:50 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/30/2009 7:56:07 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Yes, actually. If the black person was wise, he would realize that the person is making a statement about themselves, not him. If a mentally retarded person called you stupid, would you be offended?

How does using a racial slur against someone (while demanding services from that person) constitute making a statement about oneself?

The person who is making the insult is making a statement out of ignorance and is also an indication that they are insecure with themselves. People make themselves feel better by degrading others, especially when using invalid, false insults.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 8:09:43 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 8:07:38 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
Want to debate that?

Not really. My support for hate speech being a crime is extremely tenuous. I was just throwing ideas out there.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 8:11:16 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 8:09:18 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
At 11/30/2009 8:07:08 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 11/30/2009 8:04:28 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
It's stupid cause it's useless. Giving a smart come back means making the other person think about what they said, not giving hate speech.

No, it just enrages them more to the point where they become completely unreasonable, leading to a worse situation than what it would have been before, had it been prevented.

Want a good prevention? Make hate speech a crime. Well, an "OK" prevention. Making escalation a crime is a better compromise.

WOW! This is where we part ways my friend, people should be able to say whatever the hell they want, no matter how offensive.

Yeah, I'm not really with you on that one. For example, saying things like "I think I'm going to go blow up the capitol building" is probably grounds for arrest, imprisonment, and a lot of interrogation.
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 8:14:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/30/2009 8:11:16 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/30/2009 8:09:18 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
At 11/30/2009 8:07:08 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 11/30/2009 8:04:28 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
It's stupid cause it's useless. Giving a smart come back means making the other person think about what they said, not giving hate speech.

No, it just enrages them more to the point where they become completely unreasonable, leading to a worse situation than what it would have been before, had it been prevented.

Want a good prevention? Make hate speech a crime. Well, an "OK" prevention. Making escalation a crime is a better compromise.

WOW! This is where we part ways my friend, people should be able to say whatever the hell they want, no matter how offensive.

Yeah, I'm not really with you on that one. For example, saying things like "I think I'm going to go blow up the capitol building" is probably grounds for arrest, imprisonment, and a lot of interrogation.

On the grounds of a future crime, but the the speech it's self should be completely legal.
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...