Jump to topic:

Hell is possible?

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 7:22:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I post this in this forum so you can find this, not for any other reason.

I don't know where to begin here, with such readers as yourselves. You will straight away judge this post, you will come to read this already thinking this is not for you or it isn't relevant before you understand it. If I could ask you one question, it would be, 'Do you know what Christianity is all about?' What is it all about? You might say, 'Well yes, I know all that I can know.'. Whether you think you know and don't believe, or do not want to believe or just don't care. I don't want to rattle on about it.

I don't believe something comes from nothing at all. I believe, and I feel this belief alive in me, that God is really real.

Do you want to believe, are you sincere about wanting, or are you here to simply test your intellect and make yourself feel better ? Why are you here? What are you doing on this web site, if not to find some sort of truth? Some kind of a truth claim, something that will set you apart? Do you just want your opinion heard?

You understand that the blind cannot see, then it is so, imagine that, blind are the blind to seeing as you are to the truth. Sat and thought about that before? Not going to? Don't want to? Or maybe you think you know all what you think you should know to get you through life happy with what you believe? Not once rethinking any of your presuppositions, no not once! I hope it is worth your life for your sake.

Jesus warned about hell more than anyone else in the Bible. Hell exists or does not exist. If it does, you will go there forever and ever under the Holy wrath of Almighty God, because of what? GAIN THE WORLD! Lose your sole. WASTED!

Such a huge matter this is, you don't think once about it. You think more about whether or not you will get a job, or whether a girl will say yes, than if you will go to hell when you die. What world do you live in? And the truth is, you will die. From an objective perspective, do you see the importance or instead does it not phase you even from an objective view. Forgetting about you, a person among billions, over 99% of the world population knows nothing of you or your existence. So from that view, people die, hell could exist, and people think nothing about it, even though there is a possible way to avoid going to hell, they pay no attention to it but instead these people would rather be potentially blind and walk right into hell fire? If any objective view point was worth seeing, it would have to be this one.

What is Christianity all about therefore? It is a possibility that it may be right, the possibility exists, we all know that.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 7:39:35 PM
Hell is real, here is some basic info..
"Precepts & Principles of the Torah - Is the Law All About Death?"
Watch the live broadcast every Sabbath at 12 noon ET. Click here to learn more.
EliYah"s message:
Shalom to all of you. Glad to be with you"very blessed to be with you once again on a Shabbat afternoon here in the Ozarks of Southern Missouri.
What a blessing" the Internet. We have an opportunity to share and to learn from others who also have done studies. We have an amazing opportunity to dig into the word deeply and to easily transmit that kind of information.
Every day, when I realize what this Internet thing is, I just stand amazed at the opportunity that sits in front of us" to be able to proclaim both Torah and Messiah. Halleluyah.
And isn"t that exactly what first century believers were doing? Some might think they were only sharing and proclaiming Messiah alone.
But the two are interdependent. They both require one another"at least we require both of them in order for us to fully understand what the good news is all about. And with that comes, you know".we have to be cautious.
Those of us who understand the blessing of keeping Torah, we have a danger of minimizing the work of the Messiah, and what He has done for us"and not putting due emphasis on forgiveness of sin and the grace that we receive through Him.
And conversely, we also have a danger of turning the Messiah into this "get out of hell free"" and you just use whenever you want to do what you want.
And so, we"ve got to strike the right balance or the right understanding of both. So, we want to talk about this today.
And for those that don"t know, we"ve been going through the Torah"that"s the first five books of the bible. It has nothing to do with traditions, or Jewish this or Jewish that. It has everything to do with Yahweh"s words and His words alone.
And we"ve been going through this and trying to find the principles that we need to live by and to find the right balance, and the right understanding of what the law is really for, and what we need to apply.
And so, we have been going through that. And this is, I don"t know, I guess our fifth series on this topic. And this may go on, and on, and on" however long, until Yahweh says stop. And maybe He"ll never do that.
But anyway"our fifth series and we"re going to focus and zoom in on the one portion here. And it"s not really any one scripture we"re going to focus on. We"re going to look at a multitude of scriptures.
And I feel this is important for us to lay a good ground work for the days ahead. And that is this question: Precepts and Principles of the Torah"Is the Law all about death?
And we do read about a lot of death in the Law. We read about Yahweh sending serpents, and Yahweh sending plagues. And we see a person commits that crime, and this crime. It"s a death penalty".and a death penalty there, and a death penalty here.
And so, we might be inclined to think, "Wow! There"s just so much there in the law that"s about death." And there"s all these crimes"these transgressions of the law which are punishable by death.
Transgressions punishable by death
Sacrificing to idols
Sacrificing your children to Molech
Uttering False prophechy in Yahweh"s Name
Necromancy
Witchcraft
Blasphemy
Sabbath Breaking
Adultery
Get that one"Sabbath breaking"s right there along with everything else? "Punishable by death. I mean, some of these you would understand"Sacrificing your children to Molech. Whoever does that needs to be eliminated.
But we see some crimes here that, maybe in our world today we won"t see that as being a big deal.
Here"s one"Sabbath breaking. And here"s another: adultery"more and more is "in vogue", it seems. Although, I think most people hate adultery. There are enough people willing to commit it that they wouldn"t want to have the death sentence for having done that.
So, you know, we"ve got"
Incest
Homosexuality
That"s another one people don"t want to hear about; but it is true".death penalty.

Being a false witness to a capital crime
Capital crime is one that is punishable by death. So, if you were to accuse someone of committing murder, then".and you were lying about it"then, you would be put to death. Instead of the person you were trying to be put to death.
So also, there"s"

Smiting a parent
If you were to hit your parent you would be put to death. If you would even curse your parent you were being put to death, also.
Cursing a parent
Yahweh upholds the weight of the parental office. So, if you were to assault or to curse your parent, you"re asking for a death sentence"in Israel.
And He viewed that as important because when you break down the authority structure in the home, you destroy a child"s view of authority and cause him to be rebellious.
And that"s a real problem"because that rebellion then extends into adulthood, and I don"t have to go into detail. We see the results of our standards today, with the youth that we see.

Bestiality
Contempt of court
Marring a woman and her daughter
Kidnapping
Murder
All of these crimes are punishable by death in the Law of Yahweh. And I"m not saying this was an exhaustive list, but these were some of the key ones mentioned.
And so, with all these things punishable by death, is the law really just all about death, all the time? ...Just all about death and destruction?
You know, it does mention death quite a bit. But, that"s an important question for us to examine.
There were other crimes that were not punishable by death. It says, "Do not covet your neighbor"s wife", or anything that belongs to your neighbors.
It never mentions a penalty for that. It"s just our accountability to Yahweh in our minds that is where we are accountable.
And the same is true about loving your neighbor as yourself. It says in Leviticus 19:28 to love your neighbor as yourself. That is something for which you would be personally accountable to the Creator for.
To not deal falsely with each other, to not take vengeance"a whole host of other things for which the judges were never given any sentencing guidelines if someone had broken.
But of course they would be expected, if the situation would arise"you know, usually when you"re not loving your neighbor as yourself" you"re committing some other crime, as well.
So, there were other crimes, like stealing. There was no death penalty for stealing, but you would have to restore multiple times over. If you stole one sheep you would have to restore four, and so on. And if you couldn"t restore it you might be even sold into slavery.
So, we have to realize, not every crime in the bible is punishable by death.
But you know, it only takes one sin. I"m not talking in a civil way; I"m talking in a spiritual way"between us and the Heavenly Father.
How many sins did it take for Adam to deserve death? It only took one"just a bite of the fruit. He was told not to do something. At that point, he did it. He was a sinner. He was a transgressor"worthy of death.
And so, with all this legislation that"s given in the Torah, you might be inclined to think, "Oh, the Old Testament"s death and the New Testament came along and abolished all of that".
A major problem with that"
We have scripture indicating otherwise. That it"s still the will of Yahweh for there to be a human government exercising righteous judgment. And in some cases"death penalty. We see this in"
Rom 13:1-2 " Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is not authority except from Elohim, and the authorities that exist are appointed by Elohim. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of Elohim, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.
He"s talking to the Romans!
Rom 13:3-4 " For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil.
Now, sometimes that"s not always true. But that"s not what they"re called to be. They"re called to be a terror to evil works.http://eliyah.master.com...
Guy-In-Process
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 10:36:48 AM
At 5/21/2013 9:52:14 PM, Composer wrote:
Hell = the Grave!

Your mentor, moi!

Tell yourself that, does it change reality?
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 12:55:53 PM
At 5/21/2013 7:22:43 PM, GodSands wrote:

I don't know where to begin here, with such readers as yourselves. You will straight away judge this post, you will come to read this already thinking this is not for you or it isn't relevant before you understand it. If I could ask you one question, it would be, 'Do you know what Christianity is all about?' What is it all about? You might say, 'Well yes, I know all that I can know.'. Whether you think you know and don't believe, or do not want to believe or just don't care. I don't want to rattle on about it.

I don't believe something comes from nothing at all. I believe, and I feel this belief alive in me, that God is really real.

Do you want to believe, are you sincere about wanting, or are you here to simply test your intellect and make yourself feel better ? Why are you here? What are you doing on this web site, if not to find some sort of truth? Some kind of a truth claim, something that will set you apart? Do you just want your opinion heard?

You understand that the blind cannot see, then it is so, imagine that, blind are the blind to seeing as you are to the truth. Sat and thought about that before? Not going to? Don't want to? Or maybe you think you know all what you think you should know to get you through life happy with what you believe? Not once rethinking any of your presuppositions, no not once! I hope it is worth your life for your sake.

Jesus warned about hell more than anyone else in the Bible. Hell exists or does not exist. If it does, you will go there forever and ever under the Holy wrath of Almighty God, because of what? GAIN THE WORLD! Lose your sole. WASTED!

Such a huge matter this is, you don't think once about it. You think more about whether or not you will get a job, or whether a girl will say yes, than if you will go to hell when you die. What world do you live in? And the truth is, you will die. From an objective perspective, do you see the importance or instead does it not phase you even from an objective view. Forgetting about you, a person among billions, over 99% of the world population knows nothing of you or your existence. So from that view, people die, hell could exist, and people think nothing about it, even though there is a possible way to avoid going to hell, they pay no attention to it but instead these people would rather be potentially blind and walk right into hell fire? If any objective view point was worth seeing, it would have to be this one.

What is Christianity all about therefore? It is a possibility that it may be right, the possibility exists, we all know that.

Neither will people say here it is or there it is, because the kingdom of heaven is within you....Jesus Christ
Guy-In-Process
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 3:10:47 PM
At 5/22/2013 12:55:53 PM, johnlubba wrote:

Neither will people say here it is or there it is, because the kingdom of heaven is within you....Jesus Christ

Indeed and amen!
Hvaniratha
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 9:35:16 PM
" Hell is in the middle of the earth; there where the evil spirit pierced the earth and rushed in upon it, as all the possessions of the world were changing into duality, and persecution, contention, and mingling of high and low became manifest. "
-- Bundahishn, chapter 30

Hell is possible because we already know hell exists. For instance, we know that a lion is possible because we see lions all around us. So if a lion exists then a lion must be possible, otherwise if it was impossible it would not " exist ". Hell exists because we see evil spirits in the world. But evil spirits cannot come from heaven and they cannot come from " terrestrial " so they must come from hell. If it comes from hell then hell must exist. So hell is possible since it exists.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 2:04:37 PM
At 5/22/2013 9:35:16 PM, Hvaniratha wrote:
" Hell is in the middle of the earth; there where the evil spirit pierced the earth and rushed in upon it, as all the possessions of the world were changing into duality, and persecution, contention, and mingling of high and low became manifest. "
-- Bundahishn, chapter 30

Hell is possible because we already know hell exists. For instance, we know that a lion is possible because we see lions all around us. So if a lion exists then a lion must be possible, otherwise if it was impossible it would not " exist ". Hell exists because we see evil spirits in the world. But evil spirits cannot come from heaven and they cannot come from " terrestrial " so they must come from hell. If it comes from hell then hell must exist. So hell is possible since it exists.

What in the wide world of alphabet soup is Bundahishn??
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 12:47:58 PM
Hey Godsands has returned to us.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Chase200mph
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 8:25:08 AM

Answer: When was Hell created by Christians...anybody?
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 8:27:57 AM
It isn't possible if an omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent being exists.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 3:25:01 PM
At 5/25/2013 8:27:57 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

And why not?? Hell is in fact a real place my friend.
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 3:28:07 PM
At 5/25/2013 8:25:08 AM, Chase200mph wrote:

Answer: When was Hell created by Christians...anybody?

My answer to your question is with a with question -> Who said that Christians created hell to begin with??
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
Pwner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 3:33:44 PM
Here are some reasons why I personally reject the possibility of the traditional doctrine of Hell:

Argument #1:

1. If Hell is possible, then God is possible.
2. But, God is not possible.
3. Therefore, Hell is not possible.

Argument #2:

1. If Hell is possible, then justice can be served in an actually infinite sentence.
2. But, justice can never be served in an actually infinite sentence.
3. Therefore, Hell is not possible.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 8:03:48 AM
Check out the Hebrew and Greek meaning:

H7585
שׁאל / שׁאול
she'"l
BDB Definition:
1) sheol, underworld, grave, hell, pit
1a) the underworld
1b) Sheol - the OT designation for the abode of the dead
1b1) place of no return
1b2) without praise of God
1b3) wicked sent there for punishment
1b4) righteous not abandoned to it
1b5) of the place of exile (figuratively)
1b6) of extreme degradation in sin
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong"s Number: from H7592
Same Word by TWOT Number: 2303c

Now Greek:
Here is one of many:
G2288
_2;^0;_7;^5;`4;_9;`2;
thanatos
Thayer Definition:
1) the death of the body
1a) that separation (whether natural or violent) of the soul and the body by which the life on earth is ended
1b) with the implied idea of future misery in hell
1b1) the power of death
1c) since the nether world, the abode of the dead, was conceived as being very dark, it is equivalent to the region of thickest darkness, i.e. figuratively, a region enveloped in the darkness of ignorance and sin
2) metaphorically, the loss of that life which alone is worthy of the name
2a) the misery of the soul arising from sin, which begins on earth but lasts and increases after the death of the body in hell
3) the miserable state of the wicked dead in hell
4) in the widest sense, death comprising all the miseries arising from sin, as well physical death as the loss of a life consecrated to God and blessed in him on earth, to be followed by wretchedness in hell
Part of Speech: noun masculine
A Related Word by Thayer"s/Strong"s Number: from G2348
Citing in TDNT: 3:7, 312

If it is possible, which it it, would you really want to go there?

Repent from sins, in the name of Yahshua the Messiah! The Kingdom of Elohim is here!
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 8:09:59 AM
At 5/25/2013 3:25:01 PM, TULIP wrote:

Because an all loving God would not punish his subjects eternally especially if he created them with defects that urge them to sin.......If it is true then I will not worship such a being, that would make him far from benevolent.....An eternal hell fire for masses of souls.....Wow what a great God.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 8:12:04 AM
He did NOT create man with defects, He fell under a curse afeter He disobeyed Elohim (God), it was HIS choice.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 8:28:25 AM
At 5/26/2013 8:12:04 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
He did NOT create man with defects, He fell under a curse afeter He disobeyed Elohim (God), it was HIS choice.

So he created man with a choice, and everybody is a sinner, and by sinning He can not be approached unless he offers his son up for sacrifice, which is also Him? And then if we don't believe he died for our sins then we face an eternal punishment....Doesn't sound very benevolent to me, first he creates us with the possibility of sinning, which everybody does, then gives us his son to kill and then everything is allright....... Sounds like a lunatic.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 8:39:16 AM
You have to come empty to Him and He will explain it to you, until then you will never understand. Repent, the Kingdom is here!
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 8:44:06 AM
At 5/26/2013 8:39:16 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
You have to come empty to Him and He will explain it to you, until then you will never understand. Repent, the Kingdom is here!

Cobblers
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 8:48:23 AM
Isa_6:10 "Make the heart of this people [sluggish with] fat, stop up their ears, and shut their eyes. Otherwise, seeing with their eyes, and hearing with their ears, then understanding with their hearts, they might repent and be healed!"
Jer_5:3 Adonai, your eyes look for truth. You struck them, but they weren't affected; you [nearly] destroyed them, but they refused correction. They made their faces harder than rock, refusing to repent.
Eze_7:13 For the seller will not return to what he sold, even if he is still alive; for though the vision was brought to all her many people, nobody repented. Each kept living his own wicked life; they weren't strong enough [to repent].
Eze_14:6 "Therefore say to the house of Isra'el that Adonai Elohim says, 'Repent! Turn yourselves away from your idols, turn your faces away from all your disgusting practices!
Eze_18:30 Therefore, house of Isra'el, I will judge each of you according to his ways," says Adonai Elohim. "Repent, and turn yourselves away from all your transgressions, so that they will not be a stumbling block that brings guilt upon you.
Eze_33:11 Say to them, 'As I live,' swears Adonai Elohim, 'I take no pleasure in having the wicked person die, but in having the wicked person turn from his way and live. So repent! Turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, house of Isra'el?'
Hos_3:5 Afterwards, the people of Isra'el will repent and seek Adonai their God and David their king; they will come trembling to Adonai and his goodness in the acharit-hayamim.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:28:51 PM
At 5/25/2013 3:25:01 PM, TULIP wrote:

Because it is unjustifiable.

May the best man win!
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:34:23 PM
Take a look at all the defilement in this world. Notice how YHWH can't be around it, in His full Glory? That is because it is disgusting to Him. Give him time, after He gather's His remnant of Sheep, He will bring us home and make the nation's an example, they will have to be ruled by Yahshua for a thousand years, them more war, then "FIRE" then the earth will be clean. The unsubmissive nation's? Well it is going to be hot for them, to put it mildly.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:41:42 PM
At 5/26/2013 12:34:23 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
Take a look at all the defilement in this world. Notice how YHWH can't be around it, in His full Glory? That is because it is disgusting to Him. Give him time, after He gather's His remnant of Sheep, He will bring us home and make the nation's an example, they will have to be ruled by Yahshua for a thousand years, them more war, then "FIRE" then the earth will be clean. The unsubmissive nation's? Well it is going to be hot for them, to put it mildly.

All this says to me is that you don't really care about the well-being of others.

May the best man win!
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:48:25 PM
If I did not care I would be playing Halo right now or typing lies into this keyboard instead of truth.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 1:00:20 PM
At 5/26/2013 12:48:25 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
If I did not care I would be playing Halo right now or typing lies into this keyboard instead of truth.

You seem to have no qualms to a god affecting the well-being of others.

May the best man win!
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 1:09:35 PM
People are choosing there own paths, may are very harmful, YHWH is giving them over to their own lusts because He will not be mocked. He very much cares about the well being of others. People choose to disobey Him all the time. Constantly, and despite that He still reaches out to them.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 1:34:51 PM
At 5/26/2013 1:09:35 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
People are choosing there own paths, may are very harmful, YHWH is giving them over to their own lusts because He will not be mocked. He very much cares about the well being of others. People choose to disobey Him all the time. Constantly, and despite that He still reaches out to them.

"YHWH" apparently lets people go to hell, and you endorse "YHWH".

May the best man win!
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 2:07:55 PM
Hell is a horrible place, no I donot "endorse" hell. Not at all. I just know the wicked will end up there, rabbit.