Total Posts:260|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Origins- The Series

medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 7:34:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
For anyone interested in seeing some of the evidence that you may not normally hear much about, the series Origins showcases scientists presenting evidence from their field. The videos posted here feature Dr. Andrew Snelling, a geologist, talking about some of the evidence that supports a global flood. Yes there is an ocassional reference to the Bible, but it focuses mostly on science.

Watch it if you're interested in seeing why many people have a different perspective about what the evidence shows, but don't watch it if you're offended by the status quo evolutionary spin being challenged.
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 8:42:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Medic, you ought to initiate a debate on whether there was a worldwide flood or not. That could be interesting.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 9:54:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/25/2013 8:42:17 PM, philochristos wrote:
Medic, you ought to initiate a debate on whether there was a worldwide flood or not. That could be interesting.

I might just do that.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:05:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/25/2013 11:51:24 PM, Rusty wrote:
I find myself very concerned that you're a paramedic.

*patient has drug-resistant TB*

Medic: Here take penicillin.
Patient: I've already taken penicillin. It didn't work- I need the drugs for resistant TB.
Medic: Penicillins should work just fine; bacteria don't just magically evolve and change.
Patient: But...
Medic: Shut up evilutionist
Patient: But... it won't work.
Medic: Lalalalalalala I can't hear you
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 9:01:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/25/2013 11:51:24 PM, Rusty wrote:
I find myself very concerned that you're a paramedic.

Does mommy know that you're on the internet at this hour??
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 9:11:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 12:05:56 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/25/2013 11:51:24 PM, Rusty wrote:
I find myself very concerned that you're a paramedic.

*patient has drug-resistant TB*

Medic: Here take penicillin.
Patient: I've already taken penicillin. It didn't work- I need the drugs for resistant TB.
Medic: If the TB is drug-resistant that means that it resists drugs so there are no drugs that it's not resistant to, you dunderhead. Your only hope is prayer, bow your head.
Fixed
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 9:19:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
And as we all know, no new drugs are ever invented because, thanks to bacteria never ever evolving, there'd be no use for them.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 9:19:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 9:11:13 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/26/2013 12:05:56 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/25/2013 11:51:24 PM, Rusty wrote:
I find myself very concerned that you're a paramedic.

*patient has drug-resistant TB*

Medic: Here take penicillin.
Patient: I've already taken penicillin. It didn't work- I need the drugs for resistant TB.
Medic: If the TB is drug-resistant that means that it resists drugs so there are no drugs that it's not resistant to, you dunderhead. Your only hope is prayer, bow your head.
Fixed

Except that he said "I need the drugs for resistan TB", not "I need drugs dor drug-resistant TB".

Now who's the dunderhead, you jacka$$
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 10:00:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 9:11:13 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/26/2013 12:05:56 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/25/2013 11:51:24 PM, Rusty wrote:
I find myself very concerned that you're a paramedic.

*patient has drug-resistant TB*

Medic: Here take penicillin.
Patient: I've already taken penicillin. It didn't work- I need the drugs for resistant TB.
Medic: If the TB is drug-resistant that means that it resists drugs so there are no drugs that it's not resistant to, you dunderhead. Your only hope is prayer, bow your head.
Fixed

Drug resistant TB doesn't mean that it's resistant to all drugs. How are you in freakin' medicine?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 10:06:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
YHWH made the everything, even evolutionist's, before they called themselves evolutionists anyway, I will expect the usually silent responses.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 10:10:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 10:06:49 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
YHWH made the everything, even evolutionist's, before they called themselves evolutionists anyway, I will expect the usually silent responses.

No one who believes in evolution, calls themselves an evolutionist.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 11:46:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 9:19:48 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 5/26/2013 9:11:13 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/26/2013 12:05:56 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/25/2013 11:51:24 PM, Rusty wrote:
I find myself very concerned that you're a paramedic.

*patient has drug-resistant TB*

Medic: Here take penicillin.
Patient: I've already taken penicillin. It didn't work- I need the drugs for resistant TB.
Medic: If the TB is drug-resistant that means that it resists drugs so there are no drugs that it's not resistant to, you dunderhead. Your only hope is prayer, bow your head.
Fixed

Except that he said "I need the drugs for resistan TB", not "I need drugs dor drug-resistant TB".

Now who's the dunderhead, you jacka$$

What part of..."patient has drug-resistant TB"...are you not understanding??
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:06:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/25/2013 7:34:27 PM, medic0506 wrote:




For anyone interested in seeing some of the evidence that you may not normally hear much about, the series Origins showcases scientists presenting evidence from their field. The videos posted here feature Dr. Andrew Snelling, a geologist, talking about some of the evidence that supports a global flood. Yes there is an ocassional reference to the Bible, but it focuses mostly on science.

Watch it if you're interested in seeing why many people have a different perspective about what the evidence shows, but don't watch it if you're offended by the status quo evolutionary spin being challenged.

This is a good article for refuting a global flood:
http://www.lhup.edu...

The Karroo Formation in Africa is estimated to hold 800 billion vertebrate animals and is often touted to be evidence of a global flood. The sizes of the animals range from that of a small lizard to that of a large cow with the average being about the size of a fox. All these animals would have meant 21 animals per acre on earth. If this formation contains as high as 1% of animals on earth, then we are talking about 2100 animals per acre. Given that this formation contains much less than 1% percent of all animals, there would likely be more animals per acre.

2100 animals to a non-creationist, is a little... crowded.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:10:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 10:00:48 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/26/2013 9:11:13 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/26/2013 12:05:56 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/25/2013 11:51:24 PM, Rusty wrote:
I find myself very concerned that you're a paramedic.

*patient has drug-resistant TB*

Medic: Here take penicillin.
Patient: I've already taken penicillin. It didn't work- I need the drugs for resistant TB.
Medic: If the TB is drug-resistant that means that it resists drugs so there are no drugs that it's not resistant to, you dunderhead. Your only hope is prayer, bow your head.
Fixed

Drug resistant TB doesn't mean that it's resistant to all drugs. How are you in freakin' medicine?

If it's only resistant to certain classes of medicines then "drug-resistant" isn't a very good term to use, is it?? People in health care wouldn't use the term drug-resistant except to mean "all" drugs, when talking to another healthcare worker. They would use terms like, anti-TB med resistant, mdr, xdr, methicillin-resistant, or other terms that specify the resistance.

Say what you mean and mean what you say next time you decide to weigh in on something that you know nothing about.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:15:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 9:19:08 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
And as we all know, no new drugs are ever invented because, thanks to bacteria never ever evolving, there'd be no use for them.

Strawman
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:17:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Here this is the real of origins:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth.

There ya go, don't say I never gave you nothing.
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:20:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 12:15:17 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/26/2013 9:19:08 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
And as we all know, no new drugs are ever invented because, thanks to bacteria never ever evolving, there'd be no use for them.

Strawman

Which you should have no problem demonstrating, then. Please do.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:49:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/25/2013 7:34:27 PM, medic0506 wrote:




For anyone interested in seeing some of the evidence that you may not normally hear much about, the series Origins showcases scientists presenting evidence from their field. The videos posted here feature Dr. Andrew Snelling, a geologist, talking about some of the evidence that supports a global flood. Yes there is an ocassional reference to the Bible, but it focuses mostly on science.

Watch it if you're interested in seeing why many people have a different perspective about what the evidence shows, but don't watch it if you're offended by the status quo evolutionary spin being challenged.

The redwall linestone not only exists in the Grand Canyon but also over much of North America. The reason for this is that much of North America used to be covered by a tropical sea. The creationists in this video claim that the exact formation is seen in the UK. I need evidence this is the exact same formation not just a formation that has similar characteristics.

It is consistent with both a scientific and flood view of geology.
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:55:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
More ignoring the truth and looking the other way, a debate would be a waste of time, you would ignore truth. Why argue with one who does not see the obvious?
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:57:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 11:46:37 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/26/2013 9:19:48 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 5/26/2013 9:11:13 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/26/2013 12:05:56 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/25/2013 11:51:24 PM, Rusty wrote:
I find myself very concerned that you're a paramedic.

*patient has drug-resistant TB*

Medic: Here take penicillin.
Patient: I've already taken penicillin. It didn't work- I need the drugs for resistant TB.
Medic: If the TB is drug-resistant that means that it resists drugs so there are no drugs that it's not resistant to, you dunderhead. Your only hope is prayer, bow your head.
Fixed

Except that he said "I need the drugs for resistan TB", not "I need drugs dor drug-resistant TB".

Now who's the dunderhead, you jacka$$

What part of..."patient has drug-resistant TB"...are you not understanding??

Apparently, less of it than you. Why do you ask?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 2:43:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 12:05:56 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/25/2013 11:51:24 PM, Rusty wrote:
I find myself very concerned that you're a paramedic.

*patient has drug-resistant TB*

Medic: Here take penicillin.
Patient: I've already taken penicillin. It didn't work- I need the drugs for resistant TB.
Medic: Penicillins should work just fine; bacteria don't just magically evolve and change.
Patient: But...
Medic: Shut up evilutionist
Patient: But... it won't work.
Medic: Lalalalalalala I can't hear you

Haha.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 10:57:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 12:06:16 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 5/25/2013 7:34:27 PM, medic0506 wrote:




For anyone interested in seeing some of the evidence that you may not normally hear much about, the series Origins showcases scientists presenting evidence from their field. The videos posted here feature Dr. Andrew Snelling, a geologist, talking about some of the evidence that supports a global flood. Yes there is an ocassional reference to the Bible, but it focuses mostly on science.

Watch it if you're interested in seeing why many people have a different perspective about what the evidence shows, but don't watch it if you're offended by the status quo evolutionary spin being challenged.

This is a good article for refuting a global flood:
http://www.lhup.edu...

The Karroo Formation in Africa is estimated to hold 800 billion vertebrate animals and is often touted to be evidence of a global flood. The sizes of the animals range from that of a small lizard to that of a large cow with the average being about the size of a fox. All these animals would have meant 21 animals per acre on earth. If this formation contains as high as 1% of animals on earth, then we are talking about 2100 animals per acre. Given that this formation contains much less than 1% percent of all animals, there would likely be more animals per acre.

2100 animals to a non-creationist, is a little... crowded.

What if the estimations are off?? Were all those animals buried where they live, swept there by moving water, or some combination of the two?? In other words, he has no way of knowing how many animals were alive per acre of living space and expecting a creationist to defend against that kind of obviously made up numbers is absurd.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:01:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 12:20:26 PM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/26/2013 12:15:17 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/26/2013 9:19:08 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
And as we all know, no new drugs are ever invented because, thanks to bacteria never ever evolving, there'd be no use for them.

Strawman

Which you should have no problem demonstrating, then. Please do.

Show me someone who denies adaptation and variation within kinds.
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:05:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/25/2013 9:54:52 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/25/2013 8:42:17 PM, philochristos wrote:
Medic, you ought to initiate a debate on whether there was a worldwide flood or not. That could be interesting.

I might just do that.

What is a "worldwide flood"?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:08:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/27/2013 11:01:02 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Show me someone who denies adaptation and variation within kinds.

So evolution. Gotcha.
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:08:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 11:46:37 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/26/2013 9:19:48 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 5/26/2013 9:11:13 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/26/2013 12:05:56 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/25/2013 11:51:24 PM, Rusty wrote:
I find myself very concerned that you're a paramedic.

*patient has drug-resistant TB*

Medic: Here take penicillin.
Patient: I've already taken penicillin. It didn't work- I need the drugs for resistant TB.
Medic: If the TB is drug-resistant that means that it resists drugs so there are no drugs that it's not resistant to, you dunderhead. Your only hope is prayer, bow your head.
Fixed

Except that he said "I need the drugs for resistan TB", not "I need drugs dor drug-resistant TB".

Now who's the dunderhead, you jacka$$

What part of..."patient has drug-resistant TB"...are you not understanding??

Nothing can resist all forms of drug, but most would probably be just as deadly to the person. But I'm not a medical professional, so what do I know?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:10:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 12:20:26 PM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/26/2013 12:15:17 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/26/2013 9:19:08 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
And as we all know, no new drugs are ever invented because, thanks to bacteria never ever evolving, there'd be no use for them.

Strawman

Which you should have no problem demonstrating, then. Please do.

He never claimed that bacteria never evolves, at least I haven't seen him claim that. Therefore this is a straw-man.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Chase200mph
Posts: 332
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:10:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/25/2013 7:34:27 PM, medic0506 wrote:




For anyone interested in seeing some of the evidence that you may not normally hear much about, the series Origins showcases scientists presenting evidence from their field. The videos posted here feature Dr. Andrew Snelling, a geologist, talking about some of the evidence that supports a global flood. Yes there is an ocassional reference to the Bible, but it focuses mostly on science.

Watch it if you're interested in seeing why many people have a different perspective about what the evidence shows, but don't watch it if you're offended by the status quo evolutionary spin being challenged.

LMAO!!!! Sure, okay, let's not believe what science says; rather let's embrace what religion says science should say instead. The religious mind is a diseased mind that embraces a flat earth, a fixed earth, an earth whose sun orbits around it, and earth whose first day was created on the second day. An earth that has four legged spiders, cud chewing rabbits, unicorns, talking snakes, donkeys, bushes and zombies and resides in the center of the universe! God, Jesus and Satan didn"t know anything to the contrary, so either they are ignorant or the believer is"..doesn"t matter to me either way.
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:11:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
So you didn't read the bolded text in the quote of your post just up there? That's exactly what it claims.