Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

God & Morality

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 5:47:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
People love to try and link morality and God, some theists see this as a trump card, after all if there is no God why shouldn't I just go rape, kill and listen to rap music ?

IF some one was to grab a child, cut there various limbs off, and cook them and eat them, this would be described as evil, and moral outrage would ensue. But do the same thing to a chicken........well that's just delicious.

Here is the first point, I think we can all agree this kind of "morality" ain't coming from the chicken. Here we have one species being selective about what it can kill and eat... humans bad chicken good.

Does anyone see God ordained morality at work here ? I don't, I just see a morality of convenience...........well convenient for the humans not the chicken.

Okey how about child rape, surely this is evil is the sight of God, right ? not so fast. Just because you care about something, doesn't mean God does.

Consider when some flood comes along takes a baby from a mothers arm and is then drowned we don't like this, but, also consider that during every flood that drowns a child there are a bunch of ants got drowned too, but of course we don't give a sh*t about that.

Now here is the deal, there is no more reason to think that even if a God exists it cares anymore about a child drowning or child rape than you do about an ant drowning. How much do you care about an ant drowning ? I will take a guess some where between couldn't care less and couldn't give a flying f*ck.

The point here being you can't take what we care about, yes even in the case where our emotions of rage are produced such as child rape or a child drowned, then conclude well God hates that too.

So once you get passed our own human emotions say concerning child rape, and understanding you can't deduced our own human emotion of hating something to therefor God hates that something, what reason do we have to believe God even gives a flying f*ck about a child being raped or drowned anymore than a drowning ant ?

I would like to point out we don't really see much divine intervention when it comes to saving drowning ants, and we don't see much divine intervention when it comes to child rape.

I suspect people will disregard this, people can easily comprehend a God who doesn't give a rats about a drowning ant, but the proposition that God doesn't care about child rape is intolerable.......despite the evidence.

I am forming the view that God cares just as much about child rape or a child drowning or any kind of child harm just as much as a drowning ant.

Dear humans, you are not the center of the universe or the apple of Gods eye, please get over yourselves.

This message has being bought to you by the church of latter day saints. Wait what ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 5:57:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well, clearly the answer to this is that we are gods chosen, not the ants and chickens.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.