Jump to topic:

Muslims And McDonalds *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 8:58:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Okay. This one right here really got under my skin. Nevermind the fact that I do believe that Islam is nothing more than a dictatorship, and very inhumane religion. It is more about taking over the world than actual harmony and peace among Men. NOW who in the hell would have thought that they would be imposing their will on corporate American for the sake of personal gain. What do I mean by this ? Well check out the link below and see for yourself. This story is beyond ridiculous and it gives new meaning to the world terrorist. It is a form of dictatorship. That is what it is. What do you think.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 9:08:42 AM
At 5/28/2013 8:58:11 AM, inferno wrote:
Okay. This one right here really got under my skin. Nevermind the fact that I do believe that Islam is nothing more than a dictatorship, and very inhumane religion. It is more about taking over the world than actual harmony and peace among Men. NOW who in the hell would have thought that they would be imposing their will on corporate American for the sake of personal gain. What do I mean by this ? Well check out the link below and see for yourself. This story is beyond ridiculous and it gives new meaning to the world terrorist. It is a form of dictatorship. That is what it is. What do you think.

And no I do not endorse Islam under any circumstances.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 9:26:32 AM
You think that people should be able to falsely advertise their food? How it is prepared, what ingredients are put in, the amount of nutrients, fat, sugar etc.?

They supposedly claimed that they were selling halal food when they weren't. I believe that should be against the law, and they should pay compensation.

This is besides the point, but aren't you religious?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 9:31:06 AM
At 5/28/2013 9:26:32 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
You think that people should be able to falsely advertise their food? How it is prepared, what ingredients are put in, the amount of nutrients, fat, sugar etc.?

They supposedly claimed that they were selling halal food when they weren't. I believe that should be against the law, and they should pay compensation.

False. There are many instances where McDonalds display "false" advertising. This was a simple black and white issue though. So you may be right about some of the things.
However, Muslims should not even be eating gm food to begin with if they are so religious. =)
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 9:36:43 AM
At 5/28/2013 9:31:06 AM, inferno wrote:

False. There are many instances where McDonalds display "false" advertising.

What is false? That false advertising should be illegal? That it is?

This was a simple black and white issue though. So you may be right about some of the things.

I'd argue most/all of them.

However, Muslims should not even be eating gm food to begin with if they are so religious. =)

What?

May the best man win!
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 9:45:48 AM
At 5/28/2013 9:36:43 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

This was a simple black and white issue though. So you may be right about some of the things.

What?

Muslims should not be eating at McDonalds to begin with because the food there is genetically modified.
Now even though this was in an advertisement, dont they realize that McDonalds food is unhealthy anyway.
It seems odd to me that they would even consider going there knowing that McDonalds is used to false advertisement.
I mean, it is all a big fat lie. Most of that food is not even real. =)
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 10:02:03 AM
At 5/28/2013 9:45:48 AM, inferno wrote:

What?

Muslims should not be eating at McDonalds to begin with because the food there is genetically modified.

In what way?

Now even though this was in an advertisement, dont they realize that McDonalds food is unhealthy anyway.

Selling unhealthy food is legal to a certain extent, and probably should be.

It seems odd to me that they would even consider going there knowing that McDonalds is used to false advertisement.

It shouldn't be. I'm pretty sure false advertisement is illegal in the U.S. too.

Lol. There are advertising laws, you do realise?

May the best man win!
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 10:18:11 AM
At 5/28/2013 10:02:03 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

What?

In what way?

Selling unhealthy food is legal to a certain extent, and probably should be.

It shouldn't be. I'm pretty sure false advertisement is illegal in the U.S. too.

Lol. There are advertising laws, you do realise?

Corporate America is filled with false advertisements and scams. Do you deny that there is corruption in the world today.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 10:18:26 AM

What?

Funny you should say this. My dad worked at Cargill for a few decades. Cargill provides a lot of products for McDonalds, all McDonalds eggs go through Cargill plants, and Cargill provides them chicken nuggets. I believe they sell them beef as well. The point is, I'v been to some of the processing plants, specifically one that made chicken nuggets. The food is real, of that I can assure you.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 11:31:15 AM
At 5/28/2013 10:18:26 AM, muzebreak wrote:

What?

Funny you should say this. My dad worked at Cargill for a few decades. Cargill provides a lot of products for McDonalds, all McDonalds eggs go through Cargill plants, and Cargill provides them chicken nuggets. I believe they sell them beef as well. The point is, I'v been to some of the processing plants, specifically one that made chicken nuggets. The food is real, of that I can assure you.

The food is real, but the ingredients inside the food is not.
I can assure you that. Just ask your local hospital. =)
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:27:04 PM

I'm going to do something really weird and agree with Bunny here, on the false advertising issue. McD shouldn't be advertising something if it isn't true.

But I also dislike the fact that McD is trying to cater to the muslims. I think it sets a bad precedent. What's next, should they have to give anyone claiming to be a Christian Sundays off??
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 1:11:17 PM
At 5/28/2013 12:27:04 PM, medic0506 wrote:

I'm going to do something really weird and agree with Bunny here, on the false advertising issue. McD shouldn't be advertising something if it isn't true.

But I also dislike the fact that McD is trying to cater to the muslims. I think it sets a bad precedent. What's next, should they have to give anyone claiming to be a Christian Sundays off??

But was that worth $700 grand. I dont think so. =)
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 1:27:36 PM
At 5/28/2013 11:31:15 AM, inferno wrote:
At 5/28/2013 10:18:26 AM, muzebreak wrote:

What?

The food is real, but the ingredients inside the food is not.
I can assure you that. Just ask your local hospital. =)

That doesn't even make sense......

Either the food, and therefore it's ingredients, is real, or the food is fake. It's one or the other.

Those lasagnas sold at Iceland weren't real beef lasagna, because they were made from horse. Being put together in a dish, didn't change this.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 2:09:17 PM
At 5/28/2013 10:18:11 AM, inferno wrote:

Corporate America is filled with false advertisements and scams. Do you deny that there is corruption in the world today.

And you're arguing it should be legal? ...

May the best man win!
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 6:47:11 PM
What bothers you exactly ?

1-American Muslims caring for their religion and daring to complain against a liar.
2-American Justice.
3- the amount lost by MacDonald's ( that I guess muslim paid already before they get it back!!)
4-all of the above!!
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 8:47:11 AM
At 5/28/2013 6:47:11 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

1-American Muslims caring for their religion and daring to complain against a liar.
2-American Justice.
3- the amount lost by MacDonald's ( that I guess muslim paid already before they get it back!!)
4-all of the above!!

The influence of Islam and how it tries to dictate our culture. =)_
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 8:55:17 AM
At 5/28/2013 8:58:11 AM, inferno wrote:

Response: The McDonald's got what they deserved. They falsely advertised halal products and sold them. That's cruel business and does not reflect islam in any bad manner.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 8:20:40 PM
At 5/30/2013 8:47:11 AM, inferno wrote:

2-American Justice.
4-all of the above!!

More there are Muslims, more your culture will be influenced. that's how democracy works!
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 8:45:00 PM

2-American Justice.
4-all of the above!!

Well culture's one of those things, as long as things stay secular, you'll be ok. I recently learnt that England isn't completely secular, and was very disappointed.

May the best man win!
IslamAhmadiyya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 11:38:38 PM

2-American Justice.
4-all of the above!!

The AMERICAN culture is a diverse mix of many cultures and people of different religions, backgrounds, ethnicities, and nationalities.

What you just said there is complete rubbish, just to let you know.