Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

interesting theory

cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 3:46:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
could the book of revelation be interpreted as a nuclear apocalypse in this day and age? just look at the game metro last light. now i know its just a game and radiation hasn't cause significant mutations like in the game. but the subjects were exposed to massive amounts of radiation so could it be possible?
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 5:06:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What book exactly?

Honestly, as a Muslim I can't tell yes or no, but there are a lot of things yet to come, and it isn't time yet. there maybe a nuclear apocalypse but it wouldn't be the end. maybe the beginning of the end ?
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 5:15:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/28/2013 5:06:56 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
What book exactly?

Honestly, as a Muslim I can't tell yes or no, but there are a lot of things yet to come, and it isn't time yet. there maybe a nuclear apocalypse but it wouldn't be the end. maybe the beginning of the end ?

ok so look at this. in the last couple chapters of many religious texts depict a very bright light, fire and strange creatures like dragons. fire and a bright light can be depicted as nuclear devices exploding and the strange creatures as mutated hostile lifeforms
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 6:27:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well, not according to the religion I follow, cause things are described clearly,and usually thigs happen as described literally, so much that if they happen otherwise it wouldn't be the fulfilment of the prophecies.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 6:33:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/28/2013 5:15:36 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 5/28/2013 5:06:56 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
What book exactly?

Honestly, as a Muslim I can't tell yes or no, but there are a lot of things yet to come, and it isn't time yet. there maybe a nuclear apocalypse but it wouldn't be the end. maybe the beginning of the end ?

ok so look at this. in the last couple chapters of many religious texts depict a very bright light, fire and strange creatures like dragons. fire and a bright light can be depicted as nuclear devices exploding and the strange creatures as mutated hostile lifeforms

If you wanna wet your gullet on that sort of thing, check out the "Brahmastra" missile in Hindu mythology.

"It was said that when the Brahmastra was discharged, there was neither a counter attack nor a defense that could stop it, except by Brahmadanda, a stick also created by Brahma. The Brahmastra never missed its mark and had to be used with very specific intent against an individual enemy or army, as the target would face complete annihilation...The target, when hit by Brahmastra, would be utterly destroyed... believed to cause severe environmental damage. The land where the weapon was used became barren and all life in and around that area ceased to exist, as both women and men became infertile. There was also a severe decrease in rainfall with the land developing cracks, like in a drought."
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 6:48:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/28/2013 6:27:48 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Well, not according to the religion I follow, cause things are described clearly,and usually thigs happen as described literally, so much that if they happen otherwise it wouldn't be the fulfilment of the prophecies.

LOL. Most of the Koran is stolen from the Greeks, and has a lot of random chapters which add to the confusion.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 6:54:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/28/2013 6:48:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/28/2013 6:27:48 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Well, not according to the religion I follow, cause things are described clearly,and usually thigs happen as described literally, so much that if they happen otherwise it wouldn't be the fulfilment of the prophecies.

LOL. Most of the Koran is stolen from the Greeks, and has a lot of random chapters which add to the confusion.

Be specific, do you mean the Christians ? what exactly was stolen?

Did the Greeks steel for the Jews? and the Jews stole from Who ?

Quran is a revelation until you are able to prove who stole what!!
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 3:42:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/28/2013 6:54:25 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 5/28/2013 6:48:30 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/28/2013 6:27:48 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Well, not according to the religion I follow, cause things are described clearly,and usually thigs happen as described literally, so much that if they happen otherwise it wouldn't be the fulfilment of the prophecies.

LOL. Most of the Koran is stolen from the Greeks, and has a lot of random chapters which add to the confusion.

Be specific, do you mean the Christians ? what exactly was stolen?

Did the Greeks steel for the Jews? and the Jews stole from Who ?

Quran is a revelation until you are able to prove who stole what!!

no not christians i think he means greek in the form of greek gods
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.