Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 6:05:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Wikipedia says:
Calvinism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Reformed" and "Reformed church" redirect here. For other uses of Reform, see Reform (disambiguation). For Reformed churches originating in continental Europe, see Continental Reformed church.

John Calvin
[show]Theologism (also called the Reformed tradition or the Reformed faith) is a major branch of Western Christianity that follows the theological tradition and forms of Christian practice of John Calvin and other Reformation-era theologians. Calvinists broke with the Roman Catholic church but differed with Lutherans on the real presence of Christ in the Lord's supper, theories of worship, and the use of God's law for believers, among other things.[1][2] Calvinism is a misleading term because the religious tradition it denotes is and has always been diverse, with a wide range of influences rather than a single founder. The movement was first called "Calvinism" by Lutherans who opposed it, and many within the tradition would prefer to use the word "Reformed" rather than "Calvinist."[3][4] Since the Arminian controversy, the Reformed (as a branch of Protestantism distinguished from Lutheranism) are divided into Arminians and Calvinists, however it is now rare to call Arminians Reformed, as many see these two schools of thought as opposed, making the terms Calvinist and Reformed synonymous.[5][6]

First of all they do not have obedience to Yahshua's commands, so that is the first major strike against them, secondly, they, along with all sects of Christendom, use Jesus Christ instead of the proper name Yahshua the Mashiach. The question I have is what is the Major flaw in there interpretation of predestination? Have not had time to study it?
ExsurgeDomine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 7:08:18 AM
At 5/29/2013 6:05:17 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
First of all they do not have obedience to Yahshua's commands, so that is the first major strike against them, secondly, they, along with all sects of Christendom, use Jesus Christ instead of the proper name Yahshua the Mashiach. The question I have is what is the Major flaw in there interpretation of predestination? Have not had time to study it?

Predestination is true, Calvin's predestination is laughably false.
ExsurgeDomine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 7:10:56 AM
At 6/2/2013 7:08:18 AM, ExsurgeDomine wrote:

Predestination is true, Calvin's predestination is laughably false.

In clarification, false because of the double-predestination.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 5:59:16 AM
Wikipedia says:
Calvinism
"Reformed" and "Reformed church" redirect here. For other uses of Reform, see Reform (disambiguation). For Reformed churches originating in continental Europe, see Continental Reformed church.

John Calvin
[show]Theologism (also called the Reformed tradition or the Reformed faith) is a major branch of Western Christianity that follows the theological tradition and forms of Christian practice of John Calvin and other Reformation-era theologians. Calvinists broke with the Roman Catholic church but differed with Lutherans on the real presence of Christ in the Lord's supper, theories of worship, and the use of God's law for believers, among other things.[1][2] Calvinism is a misleading term because the religious tradition it denotes is and has always been diverse, with a wide range of influences rather than a single founder. The movement was first called "Calvinism" by Lutherans who opposed it, and many within the tradition would prefer to use the word "Reformed" rather than "Calvinist."[3][4] Since the Arminian controversy, the Reformed (as a branch of Protestantism distinguished from Lutheranism) are divided into Arminians and Calvinists, however it is now rare to call Arminians Reformed, as many see these two schools of thought as opposed, making the terms Calvinist and Reformed synonymous.[5][6]

Comments?
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 2:02:55 PM
Wikipedia says:
Calvinism

John Calvin

How do you supposed we don't have obedience to "Yashuas's" commands?

And Jesus Christ is just a different lanuages name for him; ex: Miguel = Michael.

I haven't seen any valid flaws presented against our understanding of Predestination...
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 2:49:58 PM
Biggest problem I have with Calvinism is the "L" in TULIP - i.e. limited atonement.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
rjohnson741
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 3:01:57 PM
At 6/9/2013 2:49:58 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Biggest problem I have with Calvinism is the "L" in TULIP - i.e. limited atonement.

If the Calvinists replaced the 'L' IN TULIP with a U(Universal Atonement), the Calvinists would then become Universalists.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 3:53:38 PM
At 6/9/2013 3:01:57 PM, rjohnson741 wrote:
At 6/9/2013 2:49:58 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

If the Calvinists replaced the 'L' IN TULIP with a U(Universal Atonement), the Calvinists would then become Universalists.

Yup.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!