Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

So God says........

Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 10:22:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Imagine some one or group comes up to you. They claim that God has told them something, curiously you ask what that something is. Well you know those guys over the sea, the french ? well God wants us to kill them, kill them all, man, woman, child, without discrimination, without trial, without pity, just kill them all, if one person is left standing we have failed him.

Be honest what would your response be ? holy f*ck, what psycho bullsh*t is this ?

I can only imagine that any non idiot would have a very high degree of skepticism at this point.

But similar claims are made in a "religious" text, and far too many people are just of the view, yeah sounds about right.

Maybe it time to apply the same degree of skepticism to any "holy text" that makes such claims as we would to a person making these claims in 2013 ? Or am I just speaking crazy at this point ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 11:14:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is rock-solid. I can't find any way to argue against it.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Poetaster
Posts: 587
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 11:21:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Agreed. Gullibility should never be in season except to be hunted; religion should never appear fashionable. By contrast, any time is the right time to exercise a certain skepticism among one's fellow humans: 2013, 3013, 10000BCE.

As for your hypothetical fanatics: how could one persuade the unreasonable of anything by any reasonable means? I would only hope that we could defend ourselves (and France) against them, even if it required violence of us.
"The book you are looking for hasn't been written yet. What you are looking for you are going to have to find yourself, it's not going to be in a book..." -Sidewalker
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 11:25:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 11:14:56 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
This is rock-solid. I can't find any way to argue against it.

I assume that you're being Facetious, If you're serious let me know.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 11:28:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 10:22:43 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Imagine some one or group comes up to you. They claim that God has told them something, curiously you ask what that something is. Well you know those guys over the sea, the french ? well God wants us to kill them, kill them all, man, woman, child, without discrimination, without trial, without pity, just kill them all, if one person is left standing we have failed him.

Be honest what would your response be ? holy f*ck, what psycho bullsh*t is this ?

I can only imagine that any non idiot would have a very high degree of skepticism at this point.

But similar claims are made in a "religious" text, and far too many people are just of the view, yeah sounds about right.

Maybe it time to apply the same degree of skepticism to any "holy text" that makes such claims as we would to a person making these claims in 2013 ? Or am I just speaking crazy at this point ?

Don't you think you are over simplifying The Bible just a little bit?
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 11:30:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 11:28:38 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 5/30/2013 10:22:43 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Imagine some one or group comes up to you. They claim that God has told them something, curiously you ask what that something is. Well you know those guys over the sea, the french ? well God wants us to kill them, kill them all, man, woman, child, without discrimination, without trial, without pity, just kill them all, if one person is left standing we have failed him.

Be honest what would your response be ? holy f*ck, what psycho bullsh*t is this ?

I can only imagine that any non idiot would have a very high degree of skepticism at this point.

But similar claims are made in a "religious" text, and far too many people are just of the view, yeah sounds about right.

Maybe it time to apply the same degree of skepticism to any "holy text" that makes such claims as we would to a person making these claims in 2013 ? Or am I just speaking crazy at this point ?

Don't you think you are over simplifying The Bible just a little bit?

In what way?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 11:43:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 11:25:49 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 5/30/2013 11:14:56 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
This is rock-solid. I can't find any way to argue against it.

I assume that you're being Facetious, If you're serious let me know.

I'm being facetious. I don't really care to argue, but I responded anyway.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 1:26:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 11:28:38 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 5/30/2013 10:22:43 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Imagine some one or group comes up to you. They claim that God has told them something, curiously you ask what that something is. Well you know those guys over the sea, the french ? well God wants us to kill them, kill them all, man, woman, child, without discrimination, without trial, without pity, just kill them all, if one person is left standing we have failed him.

Be honest what would your response be ? holy f*ck, what psycho bullsh*t is this ?

I can only imagine that any non idiot would have a very high degree of skepticism at this point.

But similar claims are made in a "religious" text, and far too many people are just of the view, yeah sounds about right.

Maybe it time to apply the same degree of skepticism to any "holy text" that makes such claims as we would to a person making these claims in 2013 ? Or am I just speaking crazy at this point ?

Don't you think you are over simplifying The Bible just a little bit?

I just mentioned ANY religious text. Why did you go straight to the bible ? :)
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:16:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
In order to be fair with them, I will ask those questions:

Who their god is.

What signs do they have.

But I believe no more revelation will come down to us until the day of judgement, no new commands.

The reason why people believe revelations is that they know who god is, and thay have signs (evidence).
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 12:25:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/31/2013 7:16:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In order to be fair with them, I will ask those questions:

Who their god is.

What signs do they have.

But I believe no more revelation will come down to us until the day of judgement, no new commands.

The reason why people believe revelations is that they know who god is, and thay have signs (evidence).

You have evidence? What is it?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 2:58:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/31/2013 12:25:32 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 5/31/2013 7:16:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In order to be fair with them, I will ask those questions:

Who their god is.

What signs do they have.

But I believe no more revelation will come down to us until the day of judgement, no new commands.

The reason why people believe revelations is that they know who god is, and thay have signs (evidence).

You have evidence? What is it?

The rat on Mars.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 10:32:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/31/2013 7:16:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In order to be fair with them, I will ask those questions:

Who their god is.

What signs do they have.

But I believe no more revelation will come down to us until the day of judgement, no new commands.

The reason why people believe revelations is that they know who god is, and thay have signs (evidence).

But why would you ask questions, you have the answer in the underlined bold. The reason that muslims can't and don't ask questions is that everything has been revealed, the world stopped 1400yrs ago. Your mind is closed to new information, only stuff written by ignorant desert dwellers thousands of years ago is important.
joel.burgers
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 10:38:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/30/2013 10:22:43 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Imagine some one or group comes up to you. They claim that God has told them something, curiously you ask what that something is. Well you know those guys over the sea, the french ? well God wants us to kill them, kill them all, man, woman, child, without discrimination, without trial, without pity, just kill them all, if one person is left standing we have failed him.

Be honest what would your response be ? holy f*ck, what psycho bullsh*t is this ?

I can only imagine that any non idiot would have a very high degree of skepticism at this point.

But similar claims are made in a "religious" text, and far too many people are just of the view, yeah sounds about right.

Maybe it time to apply the same degree of skepticism to any "holy text" that makes such claims as we would to a person making these claims in 2013 ? Or am I just speaking crazy at this point ?

Wow, a knock down argument against theism.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 4:18:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/31/2013 10:38:33 PM, joel.burgers wrote:
At 5/30/2013 10:22:43 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Imagine some one or group comes up to you. They claim that God has told them something, curiously you ask what that something is. Well you know those guys over the sea, the french ? well God wants us to kill them, kill them all, man, woman, child, without discrimination, without trial, without pity, just kill them all, if one person is left standing we have failed him.

Be honest what would your response be ? holy f*ck, what psycho bullsh*t is this ?

I can only imagine that any non idiot would have a very high degree of skepticism at this point.

But similar claims are made in a "religious" text, and far too many people are just of the view, yeah sounds about right.

Maybe it time to apply the same degree of skepticism to any "holy text" that makes such claims as we would to a person making these claims in 2013 ? Or am I just speaking crazy at this point ?

Wow, a knock down argument against theism.

Wow, making a counter argument to an argument that wasn't made in the first place.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
joel.burgers
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 5:53:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 4:18:49 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Wow, making a counter argument to an argument that wasn't made in the first place.

Sorry I must have misunderstood your point.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 11:47:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/31/2013 10:32:03 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/31/2013 7:16:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In order to be fair with them, I will ask those questions:

Who their god is.

What signs do they have.

But I believe no more revelation will come down to us until the day of judgement, no new commands.

The reason why people believe revelations is that they know who god is, and thay have signs (evidence).

But why would you ask questions, you have the answer in the underlined bold. The reason that muslims can't and don't ask questions is that everything has been revealed, the world stopped 1400yrs ago. Your mind is closed to new information, only stuff written by ignorant desert dwellers thousands of years ago is important.

Well you need to support your claim that is completely false.I would Ask to be fair, to test.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 11:48:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/31/2013 2:58:43 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 5/31/2013 12:25:32 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 5/31/2013 7:16:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In order to be fair with them, I will ask those questions:

Who their god is.

What signs do they have.

But I believe no more revelation will come down to us until the day of judgement, no new commands.

The reason why people believe revelations is that they know who god is, and thay have signs (evidence).

You have evidence? What is it?

The rat on Mars.

Actually it's more the bunny on earth..
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 11:52:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 11:48:58 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 5/31/2013 2:58:43 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 5/31/2013 12:25:32 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 5/31/2013 7:16:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In order to be fair with them, I will ask those questions:

Who their god is.

What signs do they have.

But I believe no more revelation will come down to us until the day of judgement, no new commands.

The reason why people believe revelations is that they know who god is, and thay have signs (evidence).

You have evidence? What is it?

The rat on Mars.

Actually it's more the bunny on earth..
Do bunnies get married and are they allowed to marry martian rats?
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 5:03:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 11:52:02 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/1/2013 11:48:58 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 5/31/2013 2:58:43 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 5/31/2013 12:25:32 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 5/31/2013 7:16:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In order to be fair with them, I will ask those questions:

Who their god is.

What signs do they have.

But I believe no more revelation will come down to us until the day of judgement, no new commands.

The reason why people believe revelations is that they know who god is, and thay have signs (evidence).

You have evidence? What is it?

The rat on Mars.

Actually it's more the bunny on earth..
Do bunnies get married and are they allowed to marry martian rats?

Allowed to ignore trolls.
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 5:20:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 11:52:02 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/1/2013 11:48:58 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 5/31/2013 2:58:43 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 5/31/2013 12:25:32 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 5/31/2013 7:16:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In order to be fair with them, I will ask those questions:

Who their god is.

What signs do they have.

But I believe no more revelation will come down to us until the day of judgement, no new commands.

The reason why people believe revelations is that they know who god is, and thay have signs (evidence).

You have evidence? What is it?

The rat on Mars.

Actually it's more the bunny on earth..
Do bunnies get married and are they allowed to marry martian rats?

Only male humans are allowed to marry female humans and vice versa. I don't know why there's such genetic and gender discrimination, but oh well. God is anonymous. God is legion. God does not forgive. God does not forget. Expect him.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 6:25:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 11:48:58 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 5/31/2013 2:58:43 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 5/31/2013 12:25:32 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 5/31/2013 7:16:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In order to be fair with them, I will ask those questions:

Who their god is.

What signs do they have.

But I believe no more revelation will come down to us until the day of judgement, no new commands.

The reason why people believe revelations is that they know who god is, and thay have signs (evidence).

You have evidence? What is it?

The rat on Mars.

Actually it's more the bunny on earth..

proves nothing
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 6:28:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 6:25:15 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 6/1/2013 11:48:58 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 5/31/2013 2:58:43 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 5/31/2013 12:25:32 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 5/31/2013 7:16:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In order to be fair with them, I will ask those questions:

Who their god is.

What signs do they have.

But I believe no more revelation will come down to us until the day of judgement, no new commands.

The reason why people believe revelations is that they know who god is, and thay have signs (evidence).

You have evidence? What is it?

The rat on Mars.

Actually it's more the bunny on earth..

proves nothing

The rat on Mars told me God exists.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
StevenDixon
Posts: 178
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 7:31:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 5:03:17 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/1/2013 11:52:02 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/1/2013 11:48:58 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 5/31/2013 2:58:43 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 5/31/2013 12:25:32 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 5/31/2013 7:16:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In order to be fair with them, I will ask those questions:

Who their god is.

What signs do they have.

But I believe no more revelation will come down to us until the day of judgement, no new commands.

The reason why people believe revelations is that they know who god is, and thay have signs (evidence).

You have evidence? What is it?

The rat on Mars.

Actually it's more the bunny on earth..
Do bunnies get married and are they allowed to marry martian rats?

Allowed to ignore trolls.

Answer the question!
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 7:42:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/1/2013 7:31:11 PM, StevenDixon wrote:
At 6/1/2013 5:03:17 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/1/2013 11:52:02 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/1/2013 11:48:58 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 5/31/2013 2:58:43 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 5/31/2013 12:25:32 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 5/31/2013 7:16:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In order to be fair with them, I will ask those questions:

Who their god is.

What signs do they have.

But I believe no more revelation will come down to us until the day of judgement, no new commands.

The reason why people believe revelations is that they know who god is, and thay have signs (evidence).

You have evidence? What is it?

The rat on Mars.

Actually it's more the bunny on earth..
Do bunnies get married and are they allowed to marry martian rats?

Allowed to ignore trolls.

Answer the question!

The universe itself is a proof, no need for rats on Mars, you guys take everything for granted and need miracles to believe, life is already a miracle, water on earth and oxygen is a miracle, laws in the universe are a miracle , but you guys want to see one more to believe, and one more miracle won't make you believe.. for you dismissed reason.
IslamAhmadiyya
Posts: 65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 11:33:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would immediately tell them that God did not tell them to kill anyone.

One needs to understand GOD to understand His actions and His nature.

God is not unjust, immoral, dishonest, or anything like that.

God is the perfect manifestation of what we humans can never be.

He is the Most Gracious, Ever Merciful, All Knowing, All Powerful, All Hearing, All Seeing, All Encompassing, the Most Loving, the Most Patient, the King, the One, the Only One, the Just, the Trustworthy, the Light, the Fearless, the LORD. Our Lord.