Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Knock on Wood thread

drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 11:11:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
State a desirable outcome you'd like to see or an undesirable outcome you'd like to avoid and I'll knock on wood for you.

Serious requests only.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 11:24:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/2/2013 11:11:51 AM, drafterman wrote:
State a desirable outcome you'd like to see or an undesirable outcome you'd like to avoid and I'll knock on wood for you.

Serious requests only.

Be careful, you can go blind doing that, ya know.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 11:31:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/2/2013 11:24:31 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 6/2/2013 11:11:51 AM, drafterman wrote:
State a desirable outcome you'd like to see or an undesirable outcome you'd like to avoid and I'll knock on wood for you.

Serious requests only.

Be careful, you can go blind doing that, ya know.

I knocked on wood for that, so I'm good to go. If things get serious, I'll throw salt over my shoulder. But, I suppose I have to toss some knuckle bones to remind me which shoulder.
Enji
Posts: 1,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 11:46:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/2/2013 11:31:47 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/2/2013 11:24:31 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 6/2/2013 11:11:51 AM, drafterman wrote:
State a desirable outcome you'd like to see or an undesirable outcome you'd like to avoid and I'll knock on wood for you.

Serious requests only.

Be careful, you can go blind doing that, ya know.

I knocked on wood for that, so I'm good to go. If things get serious, I'll throw salt over my shoulder. But, I suppose I have to toss some knuckle bones to remind me which shoulder.

I prayed for you. Now if you don't go blind we won't know if it was because of God's will or because you knocked on wood (and if you do go blind.. well, I guess we've disproved theism and knocking on wood). Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure which God I was praying to - maybe I was just thinking to myself.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 11:50:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'll stick with my rabbit's foot, thank you very much.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 12:01:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/2/2013 11:11:51 AM, drafterman wrote:
State a desirable outcome you'd like to see or an undesirable outcome you'd like to avoid and I'll knock on wood for you.

Serious requests only.

I'll sacrifice myself for your sins by smashing a mirror and getting 7 years of bad luck.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 12:10:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It's funny because knocking on wood doesn't do anything and praying doesn't do anything and you made a thread about it like we do to help each other out so funny yes
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 12:19:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/2/2013 12:10:01 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
It's funny because knocking on wood doesn't do anything and praying doesn't do anything and you made a thread about it like we do to help each other out so funny yes

LOLOLOL
yang.
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 5:33:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I wish to attain quantum immortality, like many of the heroes in the movies and TV shows. Pweeeese. :)
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 11:06:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Knock on wood that my osmometer calibrates easier next week. I need a control.

So far, I'm not overly impressed with Jesus's results.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -