Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Nazareth

question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 8:49:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
If jesus the godman was a real person then the city were he was raised and grew up in had to be a real place. Can anyone prove or have evidence on the birth of the city of nazareth or any old documents proving it was not made up in 4 century ad or any ancient maps or any thing outside of christian findings
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 8:55:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Mat 4:13 And leaving Natsareth, He came and dwelt in Kephar NaM17;um, which is by the sea, in the borders of ZeL87;ulun and Naphtali,

Of course it is real, mocker.
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 8:55:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/3/2013 8:49:03 AM, question4u wrote:
If jesus the godman was a real person then the city were he was raised and grew up in had to be a real place. Can anyone prove or have evidence on the birth of the city of nazareth or any old documents proving it was not made up in 4 century ad or any ancient maps or any thing outside of christian findings

Lots of proof. Just search. :P
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 8:59:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/3/2013 8:58:04 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
The word mocker is intended for the mocker who started this mocking post.

huh? I'm a tad confused.
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 9:00:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/3/2013 8:55:45 AM, leojm wrote:
At 6/3/2013 8:49:03 AM, question4u wrote:
If jesus the godman was a real person then the city were he was raised and grew up in had to be a real place. Can anyone prove or have evidence on the birth of the city of nazareth or any old documents proving it was not made up in 4 century ad or any ancient maps or any thing outside of christian findings

Lots of proof. Just search. :P
Exactly, use google to start, but you don't really want to know , do you? No, of course not, mockers just mock, that's all.

Start with Scripture, that is the most Accurate historical document available and completely inspired by your Creator.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 9:09:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/3/2013 9:00:59 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
At 6/3/2013 8:55:45 AM, leojm wrote:
At 6/3/2013 8:49:03 AM, question4u wrote:
If jesus the godman was a real person then the city were he was raised and grew up in had to be a real place. Can anyone prove or have evidence on the birth of the city of nazareth or any old documents proving it was not made up in 4 century ad or any ancient maps or any thing outside of christian findings

Lots of proof. Just search. :P
Exactly, use google to start, but you don't really want to know , do you? No, of course not, mockers just mock, that's all.

Start with Scripture, that is the most Accurate historical document available and completely inspired by your Creator.

http://www.coppit.org...

For the visual:

http://sciencebasedlife.files.wordpress.com...
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 9:12:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/3/2013 9:09:12 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/3/2013 9:00:59 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
At 6/3/2013 8:55:45 AM, leojm wrote:
At 6/3/2013 8:49:03 AM, question4u wrote:
If jesus the godman was a real person then the city were he was raised and grew up in had to be a real place. Can anyone prove or have evidence on the birth of the city of nazareth or any old documents proving it was not made up in 4 century ad or any ancient maps or any thing outside of christian findings

Lots of proof. Just search. :P
Exactly, use google to start, but you don't really want to know , do you? No, of course not, mockers just mock, that's all.

Start with Scripture, that is the most Accurate historical document available and completely inspired by your Creator.

http://www.coppit.org...

For the visual:

http://sciencebasedlife.files.wordpress.com...

Thank you sir for your comment. That was a lot of help.
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 3:27:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/3/2013 8:55:00 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
Mat 4:13 And leaving Natsareth, He came and dwelt in Kephar NaM17;um, which is by the sea, in the borders of ZeL87;ulun and Naphtali,


Of course it is real, mocker.

Well you might as well call me a mocking bird because I will continue unfold the lie, I did research or I would not be mocking christians or people such as yourself that worship Baali baal.
The scriptures you gave me in the old testament does not mention a nazareth sorry , nearby cities or town I already know existed, just not nazareth , how can you defend your faith when the very core is wrong, give me any old words of antiquity or before that mentions nazareth or date it came about, close that I can find is 4century ad, if you don't know it is understandable, comment on a topic or post you have the answer for
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 1:01:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/3/2013 3:27:05 PM, question4u wrote:
At 6/3/2013 8:55:00 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
Mat 4:13 And leaving Natsareth, He came and dwelt in Kephar NaM17;um, which is by the sea, in the borders of ZeL87;ulun and Naphtali,


Of course it is real, mocker.

Well you might as well call me a mocking bird because I will continue unfold the lie, I did research or I would not be mocking christians or people such as yourself that worship Baali baal.
The scriptures you gave me in the old testament does not mention a nazareth sorry , nearby cities or town I already know existed, just not nazareth , how can you defend your faith when the very core is wrong, give me any old words of antiquity or before that mentions nazareth or date it came about, close that I can find is 4century ad, if you don't know it is understandable, comment on a topic or post you have the answer for

Please all christians give me the proof that nazareth existed during and before jesus existence. Anything outside of the bible would be helpful. Or anyone that believes in the messiah who lived in nazareth.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 6:00:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
In the Quran, the Christians are called Nazareans, and they were called as such in Arabia, and the person who converted to Christianity is said to have "Ta-nassar".
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 9:15:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/6/2013 6:00:07 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
In the Quran, the Christians are called Nazareans, and they were called as such in Arabia, and the person who converted to Christianity is said to have "Ta-nassar".

but were is your proof that it existed before jesus and during jesus time.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 11:39:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well the fact that Christians are called Nazareans in Arabic is enough strong hint that the place where this religion started or is originary from should be Nazareth. (Naserat in Arabic) (Natz'rat in Hebrew), and this which is having a different pronunciation for the same place in Hebrew and Arabic shows it's an ancient well known place.
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 8:58:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/8/2013 11:39:41 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Well the fact that Christians are called Nazareans in Arabic is enough strong hint that the place where this religion started or is originary from should be Nazareth. (Naserat in Arabic) (Natz'rat in Hebrew), and this which is having a different pronunciation for the same place in Hebrew and Arabic shows it's an ancient well known place.

What proof do you have? Do your quran has nazareth before jesus in it. Do any other texts or writing that you may read, do they have nazereth before jesus? Give me the fruit-fruity tree
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 9:06:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/3/2013 8:56:17 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
Yahshua is real too. See my post in Health for proof, mocker.

I am not a mocking bird, but you sure act like one. You say you worship Yahweh....keep mocking
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 10:34:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/9/2013 8:58:54 PM, question4u wrote:
What proof do you have? Do your quran has nazareth before jesus in it. Do any other texts or writing that you may read, do they have nazereth before jesus? Give me the fruit-fruity tree

Archaeological evidence has shown that the area was settled as early as the Middle Bronze Age, and tombs have been found dating from the Iron Age to Hasmonean times.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 11:14:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/9/2013 10:34:33 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/9/2013 8:58:54 PM, question4u wrote:
What proof do you have? Do your quran has nazareth before jesus in it. Do any other texts or writing that you may read, do they have nazereth before jesus? Give me the fruit-fruity tree

Archaeological evidence has shown that the area was settled as early as the Middle Bronze Age, and tombs have been found dating from the Iron Age to Hasmonean times.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

Were is the evidence of your above statement?

I hope you read the information in the link before you sent it. No proof at all, just he say. But if you have those sources from your statement I would love to have it.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 12:55:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.doxa.ws...

I want to ask you, why are you trying so hard to deny the existence of Jesus ?! would you believe if you know he did exist ?

What would change in your own faith if you found THE evidence you are looking for ?
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 9:46:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Re: At 7/10/2013 12:55:02 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
http://www.doxa.ws...

I want to ask you, why are you trying so hard to deny the existence of Jesus ?! would you believe if you know he did exist ?

What would change in your own faith if you fo:-) :-) :-) :-) und THE evidence you are looking for ?

It would help me to pin point which jesus yourself and others are really following.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 10:22:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 9:46:52 PM, question4u wrote:
Re: At 7/10/2013 12:55:02 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
http://www.doxa.ws...

I want to ask you, why are you trying so hard to deny the existence of Jesus ?! would you believe if you know he did exist ?

What would change in your own faith if you fo:-) :-) :-) :-) und THE evidence you are looking for ?

It would help me to pin point which jesus yourself and others are really following.

If you believe in the OT, you must be aware 2 different people are awaited, that are the Messiah, and the Prophet, that have been prophesised. One of the commandments that the Children of Israel had to keep is to believe in the messengers of God and follow them and be with them (not against them). and the way to know one is a true messenger of God was that He calls for God, not for his own, and a false prophet wouldn't succeed.

How would you feel if the prophets already came, and you were fighting them with the ignorant, just because ...?!

What is the criteria upon which you would know a man is a true prophet (with support from the scripture please).

I am telling you how to know a prophet: he would confirm what came from God, ie the revelations and scriptures of the predecessors, and renew the true creed (which is believe, love God and keep the commands), then the man would strive and confront the world for the sake of God.

Tell me now your thoughts please.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 3:02:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Nazareth was a small village unmentioned in any writings before this time,. . . . (i.e. before the biblical Matt. 2:23) Wikipedia
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 8:41:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 3:02:23 AM, Composer wrote:
Nazareth was a small village unmentioned in any writings before this time,. . . . (i.e. before the biblical Matt. 2:23) Wikipedia

Just a little research goes a long way.. Only if others could have notice that.
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 9:13:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 10:22:13 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/10/2013 9:46:52 PM, question4u wrote:
Re: At 7/10/2013 12:55:02 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
http://www.doxa.ws...

I want to ask you, why are you trying so hard to deny the existence of Jesus ?! would you believe if you know he did exist ?

What would change in your own faith if you fo:-) :-) :-) :-) und THE evidence you are looking for ?

It would help me to pin point which jesus yourself and others are really following.

If you believe in the OT, you must be aware 2 different people are awaited, that are the Messiah, and the Prophet, that have been prophesied. One of the commandments that the Children of Israel had to keep is to believe in the messengers of God and follow them and be with them (not against them). and the way to know one is a true messenger of God was that He calls for God, not for his own, and a false prophet wouldn't succeed.

How would you feel if the prophets already came, and you were fighting them with the ignorant, just because ...?!

What is the criteria upon which you would know a man is a true prophet (with support from the scripture please).

I am telling you how to know a prophet: he would confirm what came from God, ie the revelations and scriptures of the predecessors, and renew the true creed (which is believe, love God and keep the commands), then the man would strive and confront the world for the sake of God.

Tell me now your thoughts please.

First off, a person must ask can a prophet lie. Then ask if he is a prophet do he work for the good or the bad, then you must ask is this prophet leading towards evil or good. Also you must ask if he is doing with the old testament says. Such as leading you to Yahweh and not a another god, if he is leading to worship another god then dont follow him, if he is leading into worshipping himself dont follow him, if none of his prophecies does not come to past then he is not to be followed. A Prophet can not preach to people one way then turn around and do the opposite. A prophet hears from Yahweh, speaks for Yahweh and Him alone. So far I have not heard of a prophet or seen a prophet... Other then the OT prophets who mostly were killed for there faith, accept a few, for Preaching Yahweh righteousness.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 10:38:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 9:13:32 AM, question4u wrote:
At 7/10/2013 10:22:13 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/10/2013 9:46:52 PM, question4u wrote:
Re: At 7/10/2013 12:55:02 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
http://www.doxa.ws...

I want to ask you, why are you trying so hard to deny the existence of Jesus ?! would you believe if you know he did exist ?

What would change in your own faith if you fo:-) :-) :-) :-) und THE evidence you are looking for ?

It would help me to pin point which jesus yourself and others are really following.

If you believe in the OT, you must be aware 2 different people are awaited, that are the Messiah, and the Prophet, that have been prophesied. One of the commandments that the Children of Israel had to keep is to believe in the messengers of God and follow them and be with them (not against them). and the way to know one is a true messenger of God was that He calls for God, not for his own, and a false prophet wouldn't succeed.

How would you feel if the prophets already came, and you were fighting them with the ignorant, just because ...?!

What is the criteria upon which you would know a man is a true prophet (with support from the scripture please).

I am telling you how to know a prophet: he would confirm what came from God, ie the revelations and scriptures of the predecessors, and renew the true creed (which is believe, love God and keep the commands), then the man would strive and confront the world for the sake of God.

Tell me now your thoughts please.

First off, a person must ask can a prophet lie. Then ask if he is a prophet do he work for the good or the bad, then you must ask is this prophet leading towards evil or good. Also you must ask if he is doing with the old testament says. Such as leading you to Yahweh and not a another god, if he is leading to worship another god then dont follow him, if he is leading into worshipping himself dont follow him, if none of his prophecies does not come to past then he is not to be followed. A Prophet can not preach to people one way then turn around and do the opposite. A prophet hears from Yahweh, speaks for Yahweh and Him alone. So far I have not heard of a prophet or seen a prophet... Other then the OT prophets who mostly were killed for there faith, accept a few, for Preaching Yahweh righteousness.

Well the I agree with all that you say, I have just a small objection that is how do you know if what the prophet is saying is good or evil ?!, I understand you can know for most things but there are things you may not know.Also for Jesus , he always called to worship God alone, and he himself worshiped god alone and asked his followers to keep the commands, he was peaching the OT. but his followers (most of them) went astray.He too was killed although he was preaching the truth! you are not going to judge him by the work of ignorant that came after him?! And for Mohamed same thing, He called for God alone, was persecuted by his own tribe before other tribes for years. and his followers alike, and at the end he was killed (poisoned by a neighbour Jew woman!).
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 11:45:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 10:38:54 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/11/2013 9:13:32 AM, question4u wrote:
At 7/10/2013 10:22:13 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/10/2013 9:46:52 PM, question4u wrote:
Re: At 7/10/2013 12:55:02 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
http://www.doxa.ws...

I want to ask you, why are you trying so hard to deny the existence of Jesus ?! would you believe if you know he did exist ?

What would change in your own faith if you fo:-) :-) :-) :-) und THE evidence you are looking for ?

It would help me to pin point which jesus yourself and others are really following.

If you believe in the OT, you must be aware 2 different people are awaited, that are the Messiah, and the Prophet, that have been prophesied. One of the commandments that the Children of Israel had to keep is to believe in the messengers of God and follow them and be with them (not against them). and the way to know one is a true messenger of God was that He calls for God, not for his own, and a false prophet wouldn't succeed.

How would you feel if the prophets already came, and you were fighting them with the ignorant, just because ...?!

What is the criteria upon which you would know a man is a true prophet (with support from the scripture please).

I am telling you how to know a prophet: he would confirm what came from God, ie the revelations and scriptures of the predecessors, and renew the true creed (which is believe, love God and keep the commands), then the man would strive and confront the world for the sake of God.

Tell me now your thoughts please.

First off, a person must ask can a prophet lie. Then ask if he is a prophet do he work for the good or the bad, then you must ask is this prophet leading towards evil or good. Also you must ask if he is doing with the old testament says. Such as leading you to Yahweh and not a another god, if he is leading to worship another god then dont follow him, if he is leading into worshipping himself dont follow him, if none of his prophecies does not come to past then he is not to be followed. A Prophet can not preach to people one way then turn around and do the opposite. A prophet hears from Yahweh, speaks for Yahweh and Him alone. So far I have not heard of a prophet or seen a prophet... Other then the OT prophets who mostly were killed for there faith, accept a few, for Preaching Yahweh righteousness.

Well the I agree with all that you say, I have just a small objection that is how do you know if what the prophet is saying is good or evil ?!, I understand you can know for most things but there are things you may not know.Also for Jesus , he always called to worship God alone, and he himself worshiped god alone and asked his followers to keep the commands, he was peaching the OT. but his followers (most of them) went astray.He too was killed although he was preaching the truth! you are not going to judge him by the work of ignorant that came after him?! And for Mohamed same thing, He called for God alone, was persecuted by his own tribe before other tribes for years. and his followers alike, and at the end he was killed (poisoned by a neighbour Jew woman!).

I will open up another thread for this discussion both of them were false prophets...which I will explain with my proof.
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 12:45:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 11:53:13 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Ok, please make sure to pick authentic sources, not rumours.

I gave you sources. and give sources no rumours...No rumour of nazareth not ever existed until new testament time, it is a fact...Dont need a source for that ...I just need a source that proves other wise... which I have not received one yet.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 5:40:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 12:45:15 PM, question4u wrote:
At 7/11/2013 11:53:13 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Ok, please make sure to pick authentic sources, not rumours.

I gave you sources. and give sources no rumours...No rumour of nazareth not ever existed until new testament time, it is a fact...Dont need a source for that ...I just need a source that proves other wise... which I have not received one yet.

I thought you are going to show Jesus and Mohamed are false prophets, for that you'd have to assume they did exist, not to start by even questioning their existence.
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 9:09:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 5:40:44 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/11/2013 12:45:15 PM, question4u wrote:
At 7/11/2013 11:53:13 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Ok, please make sure to pick authentic sources, not rumours.

I gave you sources. and give sources no rumours...No rumour of nazareth not ever existed until new testament time, it is a fact...Dont need a source for that ...I just need a source that proves other wise... which I have not received one yet.

I thought you are going to show Jesus and Mohamed are false prophets, for that you'd have to assume they did exist, not to start by even questioning their existence.

I never said jesus of the sect of the nazareans or any historical jesus did not exist or did I say mohammed did not exist. I said that jesus the god man raised in the city of nazareth, have a mother name mary who was a virgin and father name joseph but real father was a god..Now the last jesus I did not exist but all others have.. Which was all combined into the new testament plus some other stories.