Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Here is your proof Oh unbelieving ones.

Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 7:29:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
As far as the theology and position of the speaker, I duno, so don't give me you rhetoric, the point is there is proof that the Scriptures are REAL! Now for the sake of argument, yes, they were REAL archeologists and not actors or stunt archeologists you who overthink to fit your antithesis theology of truth.
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 7:30:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 7:22:28 PM, Amish wrote:
What is this purported to be the proof of?
That post above was being written While you did your post and is not a response to you.
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 7:32:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It is arcahological proof that the Scriptures are real and not mythology or in the order of theatrics, smoke and mirrors. rats, forgot how to spell arcueologiael
StevenDixon
Posts: 178
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 10:15:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 7:29:05 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
As far as the theology and position of the speaker, I duno, so don't give me you rhetoric, the point is there is proof that the Scriptures are REAL! Now for the sake of argument, yes, they were REAL archeologists and not actors or stunt archeologists you who overthink to fit your antithesis theology of truth.

I know scriptures are real, we can see them, read them, touch them. The truth of them is another matter.
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 12:14:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 10:15:55 PM, StevenDixon wrote:
At 6/4/2013 7:29:05 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
As far as the theology and position of the speaker, I duno, so don't give me you rhetoric, the point is there is proof that the Scriptures are REAL! Now for the sake of argument, yes, they were REAL archeologists and not actors or stunt archeologists you who overthink to fit your antithesis theology of truth.

I know scriptures are real, we can see them, read them, touch them. The truth of them is another matter.

I know people are real, we can see them, touch them, talk to some of them. The truth of them is another matter.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 4:00:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 12:14:13 AM, Suqua wrote:
At 6/4/2013 10:15:55 PM, StevenDixon wrote:
At 6/4/2013 7:29:05 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
As far as the theology and position of the speaker, I duno, so don't give me you rhetoric, the point is there is proof that the Scriptures are REAL! Now for the sake of argument, yes, they were REAL archeologists and not actors or stunt archeologists you who overthink to fit your antithesis theology of truth.

I know scriptures are real, we can see them, read them, touch them. The truth of them is another matter.

I know people are real, we can see them, touch them, talk to some of them. The truth of them is another matter.

I can't tell if you're being facetious, or serious.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 6:19:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 4:00:51 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 6/5/2013 12:14:13 AM, Suqua wrote:
At 6/4/2013 10:15:55 PM, StevenDixon wrote:
At 6/4/2013 7:29:05 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
As far as the theology and position of the speaker, I duno, so don't give me you rhetoric, the point is there is proof that the Scriptures are REAL! Now for the sake of argument, yes, they were REAL archeologists and not actors or stunt archeologists you who overthink to fit your antithesis theology of truth.

I know scriptures are real, we can see them, read them, touch them. The truth of them is another matter.

I know people are real, we can see them, touch them, talk to some of them. The truth of them is another matter.

I can't tell if you're being facetious, or serious.
God just told me................he's being safetious.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 2:10:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 7:32:47 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
It is arcahological proof that the Scriptures are real and not mythology or in the order of theatrics, smoke and mirrors. rats, forgot how to spell arcueologiael

Spiderman Fallacy
http://www.urbandictionary.com...


A recently coined logical fallacy. It follows that archaeologists 1,000 years from now unearth a collection of Spiderman comics. From the background art, they can tell it takes place in New York City. NYC is an actual place, as confirmed by archaeology. However, this does not mean that Spiderman existed.

Often used to illustrate the flaw in the assertion by evangelical Christians that archaeologists unearthing biblical cities today "proves" that the Bible was written by a supernatural force.

The Spiderman Fallacy is committed any time the discovery of a mundane element from a myth, legend, or story is taken to mean that ALL other parts of that story, even the supernatural, are also true.

Can be modified to use any fictional character whose story takes place in a real life location.


Example

Bibleman: The Bible is literally true! Archaeology proves it! Sodom and Gommorrah have been found!!!

Smart guy: Dude, you're committing the Spiderman fallacy. New York City is a real place. Does that prove Spiderman exists?

Smart girl: There was also a real Transylvanian prince named Dracula. Does that prove vampires exist?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 5:12:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 2:10:06 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
At 6/4/2013 7:32:47 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
It is arcahological proof that the Scriptures are real and not mythology or in the order of theatrics, smoke and mirrors. rats, forgot how to spell arcueologiael

Spiderman Fallacy
http://www.urbandictionary.com...


A recently coined logical fallacy. It follows that archaeologists 1,000 years from now unearth a collection of Spiderman comics. From the background art, they can tell it takes place in New York City. NYC is an actual place, as confirmed by archaeology. However, this does not mean that Spiderman existed.

Often used to illustrate the flaw in the assertion by evangelical Christians that archaeologists unearthing biblical cities today "proves" that the Bible was written by a supernatural force.

The Spiderman Fallacy is committed any time the discovery of a mundane element from a myth, legend, or story is taken to mean that ALL other parts of that story, even the supernatural, are also true.

Can be modified to use any fictional character whose story takes place in a real life location.


Example

Bibleman: The Bible is literally true! Archaeology proves it! Sodom and Gommorrah have been found!!!

Smart guy: Dude, you're committing the Spiderman fallacy. New York City is a real place. Does that prove Spiderman exists?

Smart girl: There was also a real Transylvanian prince named Dracula. Does that prove vampires exist?


Let's make Spiderman mean some guy who draws a spider looking image on his arm. Some people could think of that as Spiderman, I know I do. Do you deny that anyone's ever done that? No. Then you admit Spiderman's real? Thought so. You can't help but admit that your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman, the guy that was bit by a radioactive spider which caused him to gain powers such as the "spider-sense", climbing walls with ease and super-strength, is real.

How did you find my keys? Spidy did it.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 11:48:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/6/2013 11:21:38 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
Did you drink a bad glass of water this morning?

I drink water from a bottle not from glass.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 12:11:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 7:29:05 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
As far as the theology and position of the speaker, I duno, so don't give me you rhetoric, the point is there is proof that the Scriptures are REAL! Now for the sake of argument, yes, they were REAL archeologists and not actors or stunt archeologists you who overthink to fit your antithesis theology of truth.

No one ever doubted that there were jewish people 2600 years ago...of course, the Cyrus cylinder doesn't even mention them, but that's fine too. Does talk a lot about Marduk, though, so I guess that means Marduk, is real!

I'd have more patience for this, if you hadn't already brought it up, and I already told you that it isn't proof of any of the claims you think it is. I gave you the Wikipedia article last time, but I guess I'll do it again:

http://en.wikipedia.org...

So I'm still waiting on that actual proof.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 12:22:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 5:12:02 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 6/5/2013 2:10:06 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
At 6/4/2013 7:32:47 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
It is arcahological proof that the Scriptures are real and not mythology or in the order of theatrics, smoke and mirrors. rats, forgot how to spell arcueologiael

Spiderman Fallacy
http://www.urbandictionary.com...


A recently coined logical fallacy. It follows that archaeologists 1,000 years from now unearth a collection of Spiderman comics. From the background art, they can tell it takes place in New York City. NYC is an actual place, as confirmed by archaeology. However, this does not mean that Spiderman existed.

Often used to illustrate the flaw in the assertion by evangelical Christians that archaeologists unearthing biblical cities today "proves" that the Bible was written by a supernatural force.

The Spiderman Fallacy is committed any time the discovery of a mundane element from a myth, legend, or story is taken to mean that ALL other parts of that story, even the supernatural, are also true.

Can be modified to use any fictional character whose story takes place in a real life location.


Example

Bibleman: The Bible is literally true! Archaeology proves it! Sodom and Gommorrah have been found!!!

Smart guy: Dude, you're committing the Spiderman fallacy. New York City is a real place. Does that prove Spiderman exists?

Smart girl: There was also a real Transylvanian prince named Dracula. Does that prove vampires exist?


Let's make Spiderman mean some guy who draws a spider looking image on his arm. Some people could think of that as Spiderman, I know I do. Do you deny that anyone's ever done that? No. Then you admit Spiderman's real? Thought so. You can't help but admit that your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman, the guy that was bit by a radioactive spider which caused him to gain powers such as the "spider-sense", climbing walls with ease and super-strength, is real.

How did you find my keys? Spidy did it.

Ok. So we accept that people wrote the Bible, just nothing about the veracity of the documents. Or the people.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 1:42:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Who is we? Atheists, agnostics, smurf worshipers? Who else? I was going to say people who worship lucifer openly and knowingly (some are known as satanists) but they know the Scriptures are valid.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 4:52:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/6/2013 1:42:51 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
Who is we? Atheists, agnostics, smurf worshipers? Who else? I was going to say people who worship lucifer openly and knowingly (some are known as satanists) but they know the Scriptures are valid.

You still haven't said what you think this is proof of.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 6:17:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/6/2013 1:42:51 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
Who is we? Atheists, agnostics, smurf worshipers? Who else? I was going to say people who worship lucifer openly and knowingly (some are known as satanists) but they know the Scriptures are valid.

Fast forward to 25 seconds. That's what a satanist actually is.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 7:00:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/6/2013 6:58:07 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
Your point?

Me?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 7:38:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 7:32:47 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
It is arcahological proof that the Scriptures are real and not mythology or in the order of theatrics, smoke and mirrors. rats, forgot how to spell arcueologiael

Right next to the review button, there is a spell check option. Now in this case, it doesn't suggest the word you're looking for (so it could be you used it, but it didn't help). Depending on what browser your using, there are other options. For example, in google chrome there are some good extensions, my current favorite is "Ginger" https://chrome.google.com..., http://www.gingersoftware.com...
There is also "Grammarly Lite - Smart Spellchecker": https://chrome.google.com...
And "After the Deadline" https://chrome.google.com...
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 5:48:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/7/2013 12:25:49 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 6/4/2013 7:21:25 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
http://www.ted.com...

That object is a fake! All the archaeologists are fake!
Your above lie Dan does not change the fact that they are not fakes.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 6:09:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 5:48:39 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
At 6/7/2013 12:25:49 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 6/4/2013 7:21:25 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
http://www.ted.com...

That object is a fake! All the archaeologists are fake!
Your above lie Dan does not change the fact that they are not fakes.
The blade keeps asking and you keep ignoring.
WHAT IS IT PROOF OF?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 12:48:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 6:09:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 5:48:39 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
At 6/7/2013 12:25:49 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 6/4/2013 7:21:25 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
http://www.ted.com...

That object is a fake! All the archaeologists are fake!
Your above lie Dan does not change the fact that they are not fakes.
The blade keeps asking and you keep ignoring.
WHAT IS IT PROOF OF?
I will repeat myself, proof that the Scriptures are real and not myth.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 1:07:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/18/2013 12:48:10 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:09:37 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 5:48:39 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
At 6/7/2013 12:25:49 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 6/4/2013 7:21:25 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
http://www.ted.com...

That object is a fake! All the archaeologists are fake!
Your above lie Dan does not change the fact that they are not fakes.
The blade keeps asking and you keep ignoring.
WHAT IS IT PROOF OF?
I will repeat myself, proof that the Scriptures are real and not myth.
Well we know that scriptures are real, jewish, christian, muslim, hindu et al. We can see them, we can touch them, we can read them. I don't see therefore how this engraved rock alters that, in fact it does nothing at all to support the veracity of any of those scriptures though. Therefore based on your "evidence" the contents of these scriptures are still mythical if your evidence was meant to prove otherwise.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin