imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 3:42:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

TIS BEEN SHUT DOWN
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 6:13:45 AM
At 7/16/2013 4:47:47 AM, sweetbreeze wrote:
At 6/5/2013 3:42:43 PM, imabench wrote:

TIS BEEN SHUT DOWN

Evidence of God is in the Bible.
The bible is the CLAIM, it is not the evidence. Without the bible you would be worshiping some other man made god, because that is what you need to assuage your fear of death.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 6:19:43 AM
At 7/16/2013 6:13:45 AM, bulproof wrote:
The bible is the CLAIM, it is not the evidence. Without the bible you would be worshiping some other man made god, because that is what you need to assuage your fear of death.

The Bible is the testimony of the men who saw him, the men who saw him killed, and the men who saw him risen again. Testimony is evidence. And I'd like to point out that under the witness of 2 or 3 in Jewish law, a man could be put to death, but it wasn't enough for those same Jews to accept Christ.
VikingMaekel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 8:06:17 AM
The gospels, the parts in the bible dealing with the life of Jesus, are not a testimony. They are written down memories of Jesus by men who based it on second hand account dozens of years after the events transpired.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 8:10:42 AM
At 7/16/2013 8:06:17 AM, VikingMaekel wrote:
The gospels, the parts in the bible dealing with the life of Jesus, are not a testimony. They are written down memories of Jesus by men who based it on second hand account dozens of years after the events transpired.

Negative.

John 21:
24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 8:32:04 AM
At 7/16/2013 6:19:43 AM, Naysayer wrote:

The Bible is the testimony of the men who saw him, the men who saw him killed, and the men who saw him risen again. Testimony is evidence. And I'd like to point out that under the witness of 2 or 3 in Jewish law, a man could be put to death, but it wasn't enough for those same Jews to accept Christ.

Apparently Jesus saw Adam and Eve and Abraham and Moses and Solomon. That is what you are saying your bible says, you also claim that the writers are "eyewitnesses" and recorders of Jesus' life.
You are just either lying or severely deluded.
Do stop trying to use your ill founded beliefs as TRUTH. They are simply LIES.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 8:49:31 AM
At 7/16/2013 6:19:43 AM, Naysayer wrote:

First, we don't have testimony. We have second-hand accounts written decades after the events they portray.

Second, while testimony is a type of evidence, we are becoming increasingly aware of its lack of reliability[1]. Furthermore, it is not unrestricted or unreservedly accepted as valid evidence, and is still subject to issues such as: best evidence, speculation, hearsay, irrelevance, foundation, etc. You can't simply say that something is testimony and expect that to be the end of the discussion.

[1] http://www.innocenceproject.org...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 8:51:56 AM
Also, I think it's worthy to note that witness testimony was more compelling, previously, as a result of oaths, under the false notion that taking an other somehow placed made a person more likely to tell the truth, as if it was some magic spell or Wonder Woman's lasso.

Today, we know that to be bunk (perhaps as subconscious admission that there really isn't any god to punish oathbreakers) and the oath is there merely to provide legal recourse in the event that someone lies (perjury).
dattaswami
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 11:34:59 PM
Creation of Life (God " Scientist)

When the energy, which is another form of matter, only does a special function, that special function or special mechanism or special technology is called as life. Thus, life is the special work of energy. The scientist is unable to make the energy to do this special work. The scientist is unable to know this special mechanism. Thus life is a special know-how or the knowledge of special technology. Since knowledge is power, the life can be called as special power.

Let Me give you an example. A cook prepared a curry. With the same materials another cook prepared the same curry but with additional taste. This special taste is the life. The taste is not the extra material, which is hidden in the hand of second cook. The taste is only a special knowledge or talent of the second cook. The first cook is scientist and the second cook is God. God does not reveal this one special technology to human beings because the human being always wants to become God due to his inherent egoism and jealousy. Thus God saved the human being from its fall. One should constantly remember this point and constantly surrender to God.

TIS BEEN SHUT DOWN
sweetbreeze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 2:39:12 AM

TIS BEEN SHUT DOWN

Thank you for clarifying, but I still don't get it. I'm not trying to troll or anything, but I can be silly sometimes.
sweetbreeze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 2:40:13 AM
At 7/16/2013 8:10:42 AM, Naysayer wrote:
At 7/16/2013 8:06:17 AM, VikingMaekel wrote:

Negative.

John 21:
24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

Please do not turn people into negative speakers. Thank you. q:P
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 4:49:45 AM
At 7/19/2013 2:39:12 AM, sweetbreeze wrote:

TIS BEEN SHUT DOWN

Thank you for clarifying, but I still don't get it. I'm not trying to troll or anything, but I can be silly sometimes.
Without this collection of books called the bible, you would not have the god you currently have. There is no mention of your god anywhere else in the history of humanity. Your god exists because your book exists.
End of story.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 5:29:11 AM
At 7/19/2013 4:49:45 AM, bulproof wrote:
Without this collection of books called the bible, you would not have the god you currently have. There is no mention of your god anywhere else in the history of humanity. Your god exists because your book exists.
End of story.

Out of the mouths of babes....

Thankfully, we have the book.
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 5:48:45 AM
At 7/19/2013 5:29:11 AM, Naysayer wrote:

Don't listen to these cynics. They probably think the circumference of a circle is Pi and magic is imaginary.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 6:58:55 AM
At 7/19/2013 5:29:11 AM, Naysayer wrote:
At 7/19/2013 4:49:45 AM, bulproof wrote:
End of story.

Anybody can write crap down in a book 20 years after it apparently happened. That's evidence of ink on a page, not the supernatural.