Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

sin?

ATHOS
Posts: 123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 3:48:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
An all-powerful, all-knowing god Needed blood to wipe out sin? The very sin that he created, and ultimately knew would have resulted? Does this make any sense? If god already Knew he would have to wipe out sin, why create the conditions which lead to it to begin with? If god doesn't like "sin" why create it in the first place?
What can be expected from insane premises except an insane conclusion? The way to undo an insane conclusion is to consider the sanity of the premises on which it rests.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How long will contradiction stand when its impossible nature is clearly revealed?
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 4:39:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 3:48:48 AM, ATHOS wrote:
An all-powerful, all-knowing god Needed blood to wipe out sin?

No, we did. We needed to offer something pure for our impurity.

The very sin that he created,

He did not create and that is a old washed out thought.

and ultimately knew would have resulted?

So, It is His fault because something else did it. That is typical child like thinking. You would not have had life so you would not sin, LOLOLOLOLOL

Does this make any sense?

Makes complete sense.

If god already Knew he would have to wipe out sin, why create the conditions which lead to it to begin with?

Freedom is like that. You give someone freedom and they will take it as far as they can and use to do anything they want. He wanted us to serve Him and believe that His instruction was for our good but we did not listen. And the result was not good. He was right.

If god doesn't like "sin" why create it in the first place?

We did.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 6:02:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 4:39:25 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 3:48:48 AM, ATHOS wrote:
An all-powerful, all-knowing god Needed blood to wipe out sin?

No, we did. We needed to offer something pure for our impurity.
Who says
The very sin that he created,

He did not create and that is a old washed out thought.
Now tell us he created everything cos he's the creator.
and ultimately knew would have resulted?

So, It is His fault because something else did it. That is typical child like thinking. You would not have had life so you would not sin, LOLOLOLOLOL
He has a plan, allegedly. If that wasn't part of his plan then he is powerless to prevent his creations changing his plan. Which one do you Choose?
Does this make any sense?

Makes complete sense.
For the suitably indoctrinated non thinker, perhaps.
If god already Knew he would have to wipe out sin, why create the conditions which lead to it to begin with?

Freedom is like that. You give someone freedom and they will take it as far as they can and use to do anything they want. He wanted us to serve Him and believe that His instruction was for our good but we did not listen. And the result was not good. He was right.
Apparently you are claiming that you did not listen and yet he'd already sent and sacrificed his son to himself long before you ever existed.
If god doesn't like "sin" why create it in the first place?

We did.
Once again you are claiming to have created sin, are you now god?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 6:15:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.
Who says?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 6:22:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 6:15:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.
Who says?

Who do you think!
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 6:29:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.

Let what go unpunished, the situation that he created? That's like if I put a gun in a child's hands, then punished him for shooting it. It's not just.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 6:35:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 6:22:28 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:15:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.
Who says?

Who do you think!
I have no idea. That's why I asked the question? Care to answer?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 6:43:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 6:29:05 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.

Let what go unpunished, the situation that he created? That's like if I put a gun in a child's hands, then punished him for shooting it. It's not just.

That is such a poor analogy. First, He said not to eat of the tree. I guess we should do anything without punishment from anyone? Second, where do you compare placing a gun in a childs hands as equal to God placing Adam and Eve in the garden and TOLD them what not to do? I guess Him giving a freedom and choice is not just. I guess Him trying to guide man in the right direction and man choosing not to listen some how makes Him to blame. What a crock. Eating the tree did not give them sin, doing what told them not to created sin.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 6:44:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 6:35:45 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:22:28 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:15:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.
Who says?

Who do you think!
I have no idea. That's why I asked the question? Care to answer?

GOD!
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 6:46:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 6:43:46 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:29:05 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.

Let what go unpunished, the situation that he created? That's like if I put a gun in a child's hands, then punished him for shooting it. It's not just.

That is such a poor analogy. First, He said not to eat of the tree. I guess we should do anything without punishment from anyone? Second, where do you compare placing a gun in a childs hands as equal to God placing Adam and Eve in the garden and TOLD them what not to do? I guess Him giving a freedom and choice is not just. I guess Him trying to guide man in the right direction and man choosing not to listen some how makes Him to blame. What a crock. Eating the tree did not give them sin, doing what told them not to created sin.

Ok, so just pretend I told the kid not to fire the gun. Why did he put the tree there in the first place? He obviously knew what would happen, so why set the situation up for it?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:05:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 6:46:20 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:43:46 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:29:05 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.

Let what go unpunished, the situation that he created? That's like if I put a gun in a child's hands, then punished him for shooting it. It's not just.

That is such a poor analogy. First, He said not to eat of the tree. I guess we should do anything without punishment from anyone? Second, where do you compare placing a gun in a childs hands as equal to God placing Adam and Eve in the garden and TOLD them what not to do? I guess Him giving a freedom and choice is not just. I guess Him trying to guide man in the right direction and man choosing not to listen some how makes Him to blame. What a crock. Eating the tree did not give them sin, doing what told them not to created sin.

Ok, so just pretend I told the kid not to fire the gun. Why did he put the tree there in the first place? He obviously knew what would happen, so why set the situation up for it?

The same reason you would tell a child not to watch movies with cursing or to eat their veggies. It is best for them and to teach them to follow what you say.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:15:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:05:00 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:46:20 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:43:46 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:29:05 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.

Let what go unpunished, the situation that he created? That's like if I put a gun in a child's hands, then punished him for shooting it. It's not just.

That is such a poor analogy. First, He said not to eat of the tree. I guess we should do anything without punishment from anyone? Second, where do you compare placing a gun in a childs hands as equal to God placing Adam and Eve in the garden and TOLD them what not to do? I guess Him giving a freedom and choice is not just. I guess Him trying to guide man in the right direction and man choosing not to listen some how makes Him to blame. What a crock. Eating the tree did not give them sin, doing what told them not to created sin.

Ok, so just pretend I told the kid not to fire the gun. Why did he put the tree there in the first place? He obviously knew what would happen, so why set the situation up for it?

The same reason you would tell a child not to watch movies with cursing or to eat their veggies. It is best for them and to teach them to follow what you say.

Only because there are things that make it so that they have to follow what you say. But, if, for instance, you made it so movies with cursing didn't exist, and that they got their nutrients without eating their veggies, then them listening to what you say becomes irrelevant.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:20:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 6:15:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.
Who says?

If God let it go unpunished, he wouldn't be God would he?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:21:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 6:44:19 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:35:45 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:22:28 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:15:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.
Who says?

Who do you think!
I have no idea. That's why I asked the question? Care to answer?

GOD!
That contradicts this, but you will fail to understand. Oh well
@harbi
At 6/9/2013 3:48:48 AM, ATHOS wrote:
An all-powerful, all-knowing god Needed blood to wipe out sin?

No, we did. We needed to offer something pure for our impurity.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:23:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 6:29:05 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.

Let what go unpunished, the situation that he created? That's like if I put a gun in a child's hands, then punished him for shooting it. It's not just.

Sin is the equivalent of a morally bad decision. Its just a fancy word which has been used for thousands of years and doesn't need to be changed. We have free will and the ability to choose the less moral decision because God granted us the ability to be agents of free-will. Without sin, there isn't free-will. It's like giving a perfectly reasoning adult an empty gun, and telling him not to load it and shoot people.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:23:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:15:47 AM, muzebreak wrote:

The same reason you would tell a child not to watch movies with cursing or to eat their veggies. It is best for them and to teach them to follow what you say.

Only because there are things that make it so that they have to follow what you say. But, if, for instance, you made it so movies with cursing didn't exist, and that they got their nutrients without eating their veggies, then them listening to what you say becomes irrelevant.

Though movies with curing do exist and veggies are needed. We go on and on with these analogies like that and the mean the same thing. There is authority in which you subject to and if you do not listen then there are consequences. I have a kid and maybe you do not. I want my kid to make decisions for himself, I also want him to have the best and to chose the right things for himself. I cannot force him to make those right decisions. All I can do is tell him not to do this or that because it is for the best. Like God does. See the tree did not have any power, it was God's order not to eat it that was the point, not the tree, the sin came from doing what God commanded them not to do. He wanted them to chose the right thing for themselves and that was listening to Him.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:24:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:05:00 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:46:20 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:43:46 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:29:05 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.

Let what go unpunished, the situation that he created? That's like if I put a gun in a child's hands, then punished him for shooting it. It's not just.

That is such a poor analogy. First, He said not to eat of the tree. I guess we should do anything without punishment from anyone? Second, where do you compare placing a gun in a childs hands as equal to God placing Adam and Eve in the garden and TOLD them what not to do? I guess Him giving a freedom and choice is not just. I guess Him trying to guide man in the right direction and man choosing not to listen some how makes Him to blame. What a crock. Eating the tree did not give them sin, doing what told them not to created sin.

Ok, so just pretend I told the kid not to fire the gun. Why did he put the tree there in the first place? He obviously knew what would happen, so why set the situation up for it?

The same reason you would tell a child not to watch movies with cursing or to eat their veggies. It is best for them and to teach them to follow what you say.
Yes but of course we teach our children the difference between obedience and disobedience before we punish them for learning of it themselves ie eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:24:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:21:00 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:44:19 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:35:45 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:22:28 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:15:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.
Who says?

Who do you think!
I have no idea. That's why I asked the question? Care to answer?

GOD!
That contradicts this, but you will fail to understand. Oh well
@harbi
At 6/9/2013 3:48:48 AM, ATHOS wrote:
An all-powerful, all-knowing god Needed blood to wipe out sin?

No, we did. We needed to offer something pure for our impurity.

You are making not one lick of sense.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:26:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:23:57 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:15:47 AM, muzebreak wrote:

The same reason you would tell a child not to watch movies with cursing or to eat their veggies. It is best for them and to teach them to follow what you say.

Only because there are things that make it so that they have to follow what you say. But, if, for instance, you made it so movies with cursing didn't exist, and that they got their nutrients without eating their veggies, then them listening to what you say becomes irrelevant.

Though movies with curing do exist and veggies are needed. We go on and on with these analogies like that and the mean the same thing. There is authority in which you subject to and if you do not listen then there are consequences. I have a kid and maybe you do not. I want my kid to make decisions for himself, I also want him to have the best and to chose the right things for himself. I cannot force him to make those right decisions. All I can do is tell him not to do this or that because it is for the best. Like God does. See the tree did not have any power, it was God's order not to eat it that was the point, not the tree, the sin came from doing what God commanded them not to do. He wanted them to chose the right thing for themselves and that was listening to Him.

And yet he knew they would not, he made them that way. He knew exactly what he was doing, making people who would disobey him. So why would he do that?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:28:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:24:24 AM, bulproof wrote:

The same reason you would tell a child not to watch movies with cursing or to eat their veggies. It is best for them and to teach them to follow what you say.

Yes but of course we teach our children the difference between obedience and disobedience before we punish them for learning of it themselves ie eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

So, you admit that only by doing wrong can you learn to do right by choice?
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:29:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:24:55 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:21:00 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:44:19 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:35:45 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:22:28 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:15:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.
Who says?

Who do you think!
I have no idea. That's why I asked the question? Care to answer?

GOD!
That contradicts this, but you will fail to understand. Oh well
@harbi
At 6/9/2013 3:48:48 AM, ATHOS wrote:
An all-powerful, all-knowing god Needed blood to wipe out sin?

No, we did. We needed to offer something pure for our impurity.

You are making not one lick of sense.
You see that, my prophecy has been fulfilled. All praise be to me.
Just btw everybody else understands.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:30:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:26:08 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:23:57 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:15:47 AM, muzebreak wrote:

The same reason you would tell a child not to watch movies with cursing or to eat their veggies. It is best for them and to teach them to follow what you say.

Only because there are things that make it so that they have to follow what you say. But, if, for instance, you made it so movies with cursing didn't exist, and that they got their nutrients without eating their veggies, then them listening to what you say becomes irrelevant.

Though movies with curing do exist and veggies are needed. We go on and on with these analogies like that and the mean the same thing. There is authority in which you subject to and if you do not listen then there are consequences. I have a kid and maybe you do not. I want my kid to make decisions for himself, I also want him to have the best and to chose the right things for himself. I cannot force him to make those right decisions. All I can do is tell him not to do this or that because it is for the best. Like God does. See the tree did not have any power, it was God's order not to eat it that was the point, not the tree, the sin came from doing what God commanded them not to do. He wanted them to chose the right thing for themselves and that was listening to Him.

And yet he knew they would not, he made them that way. He knew exactly what he was doing, making people who would disobey him. So why would he do that?

It does not follow what so ever. You want it to but logically it doesn't. Only by making bad choices can you choose the right one. He did make them free to choose the wrong choice but also told them the right one. You thought does not logically follow.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:32:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:29:00 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:24:55 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:21:00 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:44:19 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:35:45 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:22:28 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:15:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/9/2013 6:11:11 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Blood is required as justice for sin. An omni-just God does not let it go unpunished.
Who says?

Who do you think!
I have no idea. That's why I asked the question? Care to answer?

GOD!
That contradicts this, but you will fail to understand. Oh well
@harbi
At 6/9/2013 3:48:48 AM, ATHOS wrote:
An all-powerful, all-knowing god Needed blood to wipe out sin?

No, we did. We needed to offer something pure for our impurity.

You are making not one lick of sense.
You see that, my prophecy has been fulfilled. All praise be to me.
Just btw everybody else understands.

Hello. Take your time and talk and explain yourself. Otherwise your simply a troll. You say a couple of words and expect me to know your whole mind.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:46:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:30:54 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:26:08 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:23:57 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:15:47 AM, muzebreak wrote:

The same reason you would tell a child not to watch movies with cursing or to eat their veggies. It is best for them and to teach them to follow what you say.

Only because there are things that make it so that they have to follow what you say. But, if, for instance, you made it so movies with cursing didn't exist, and that they got their nutrients without eating their veggies, then them listening to what you say becomes irrelevant.

Though movies with curing do exist and veggies are needed. We go on and on with these analogies like that and the mean the same thing. There is authority in which you subject to and if you do not listen then there are consequences. I have a kid and maybe you do not. I want my kid to make decisions for himself, I also want him to have the best and to chose the right things for himself. I cannot force him to make those right decisions. All I can do is tell him not to do this or that because it is for the best. Like God does. See the tree did not have any power, it was God's order not to eat it that was the point, not the tree, the sin came from doing what God commanded them not to do. He wanted them to chose the right thing for themselves and that was listening to Him.

And yet he knew they would not, he made them that way. He knew exactly what he was doing, making people who would disobey him. So why would he do that?

It does not follow what so ever. You want it to but logically it doesn't. Only by making bad choices can you choose the right one.

So, in order to make the right choice, we must first make the wrong choice?

He did make them free to choose the wrong choice but also told them the right one. You thought does not logically follow.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:52:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
@athos
An all-powerful, all-knowing god Needed blood to wipe out sin?

@harbi
No, we did.<snip>

@smithi
Blood is required as justice for sin.<snip>

@bul
Who says<---------------------------------

@Harbi
God

Do you see how you contradicted yourself?Either we need blood for sin or god does. You claim both and now that it has been pointed out to you, you will claim that we need it because god needs it or some such attempt at three wheeled unicycle riding.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:57:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:46:20 AM, muzebreak wrote:

It does not follow what so ever. You want it to but logically it doesn't. Only by making bad choices can you choose the right one.

So, in order to make the right choice, we must first make the wrong choice?

Not in every situation but in a lot of them.

He did make them free to choose the wrong choice but also told them the right one. You thought does not logically follow.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 8:01:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:52:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
@athos
An all-powerful, all-knowing god Needed blood to wipe out sin?

@harbi
No, we did.<snip>

@smithi
Blood is required as justice for sin.<snip>

@bul
Who says<---------------------------------

@Harbi
God

Do you see how you contradicted yourself?Either we need blood for sin or god does. You claim both and now that it has been pointed out to you, you will claim that we need it because god needs it or some such attempt at three wheeled unicycle riding.

I will address this because I think you may sincerely not understand but you still did not explain yourself at all.

Ok, We need the blood for sin because we commit the sin. The reason we need it is because we are under the Law God has given, He does not need to cleanse himself from sin, He never sinned, we did. If we do not cleanse ourselves then we are subject to the punishment which is eternal death much less physical death.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 8:04:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 3:48:48 AM, ATHOS wrote:
An all-powerful, all-knowing god Needed blood to wipe out sin? The very sin that he created, and ultimately knew would have resulted? Does this make any sense? If god already Knew he would have to wipe out sin, why create the conditions which lead to it to begin with? If god doesn't like "sin" why create it in the first place?

Here is a good article answering the question, as well as it can be answered, with applicable Bible verses included.

http://carm.org...

Bottom line is that God did realize that atonement for sin would be necessary, and He provided us a means for atonement, all we have to do is accept it. To me, that is the sign of a just and loving God.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 8:05:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 8:01:14 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:52:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
@athos
An all-powerful, all-knowing god Needed blood to wipe out sin?

@harbi
No, we did.<snip>

@smithi
Blood is required as justice for sin.<snip>

@bul
Who says<---------------------------------

@Harbi
God

Do you see how you contradicted yourself?Either we need blood for sin or god does. You claim both and now that it has been pointed out to you, you will claim that we need it because god needs it or some such attempt at three wheeled unicycle riding.

I will address this because I think you may sincerely not understand but you still did not explain yourself at all.

Ok, We need the blood for sin because we commit the sin. The reason we need it is because we are under the Law God has given, He does not need to cleanse himself from sin, He never sinned, we did. If we do not cleanse ourselves then we are subject to the punishment which is eternal death much less physical death.
You see I can't compete with someone who can ride a tenwheeled unicycle while standing on his head.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin