Jump to topic:

Was Jeshua aka Jesus a traveler?

ATHOS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 10:15:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is it plausible that Jesus traveled to India and other parts of the Middle East and Southern Asia, and learned Buddhism and aspects of Vedanta?

And, why is it that a lot of Christians reject this?
What can be expected from insane premises except an insane conclusion? The way to undo an insane conclusion is to consider the sanity of the premises on which it rests.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How long will contradiction stand when its impossible nature is clearly revealed?
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 10:36:28 PM
At 6/9/2013 10:15:36 PM, ATHOS wrote:
Is it plausible that Jesus traveled to India and other parts of the Middle East and Southern Asia, and learned Buddhism and aspects of Vedanta?

The historical consensus is that it is unlikely that he ever traveled more than ninety miles from his birthplace.

I'm not aware of any evidence, historical records, or any other reason to believe he traveled to India, there just doesn't appear to be anything to reject.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
ATHOS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 10:42:16 PM
At 6/9/2013 10:36:28 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

The historical consensus is that it is unlikely that he ever traveled more than ninety miles from his birthplace.

I'm not aware of any evidence, historical records, or any other reason to believe he traveled to India, there just doesn't appear to be anything to reject.

http://youtu.be...
What can be expected from insane premises except an insane conclusion? The way to undo an insane conclusion is to consider the sanity of the premises on which it rests.
How long will contradiction stand when its impossible nature is clearly revealed?
ATHOS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 10:44:35 PM
At 6/9/2013 10:36:28 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

http://reluctant-messenger.com...
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:57:25 PM

only because they dont want to confuse him with any other Jesus during before and after his time? You just choose which jesus died for you because they all died a few got crucified, all was jews, If I was still a christian I would choose Jesus Barabbas which means Joshua or Jesus son of the Father, instead of son of god
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 3:11:19 AM

That comment lets me the falseness. Jesus needs not to learn. He teaches.

Because it is false.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
ATHOS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 3:18:46 AM
At 6/11/2013 3:11:19 AM, Harbinger wrote:

Because it is false.

How do you come to this conclusion?
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 3:30:20 AM
At 6/11/2013 3:18:46 AM, ATHOS wrote:

Because it is false.

The message of Christ and the message of these other religions that claim that. Not the same and Jesus Christ does not change His message.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
ATHOS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 5:21:17 PM
At 6/11/2013 3:30:20 AM, Harbinger wrote:

Because it is false.

The message of Christ and the message of these other religions that claim that. Not the same and Jesus Christ does not change His message.

What was the message of Christ?
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 9:54:06 PM
At 6/11/2013 3:30:20 AM, Harbinger wrote:

Because it is false.

compare matthew mark and luke to John well in this case..... the epistisles say that Jesus was the prince of peace or revelation

but Jesus quote and said in Matthew 10:

11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.

12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.

13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet

dont sound like peace at all, sounds like a indian giver, but he is the peace maker or prince of peace o there is more

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
sounds like a peace maker

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

if you give up on your own family which will become your foes or enemys but I thought your master said love your enemies the beattitudes right there is more , the gospel is not for healed but the sick, also if according to paul if a woman or man is married to a unbeliever you must stay married to them, how much more for your on kids or other family for the gospel sake...

Luke 22

36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

why do they need swords, not just one but several of course if they all had one, this is not to scale fish of course, because everybody was not fishermen, of course it was for.....something similar to John 18:10-11, why would one pull out a sword on a man if his master taught turn the other cheak and also said in Matt 26:52

Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. didnt Jesus tell them to get swords earlier, what was they suppose to does not sound like the same thing, Jesus is not the same as today and tommorrow, no he has changed for many years and also his message have to as you can from above.