Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Jesus or Kim Jong Il: Who is more ridiculous?

DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 10:58:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
One will have you tortured for not accepting his divinity. The other is the son of the Eternal Father. Actually, either one describes both these guys.
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 7:11:51 AM
LOL. Nice joke bro.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 8:03:09 AM
I guess we should through all history and start over because it is all hearsay anyway, if we listen to the OP, which, honestly made not one lick off sense. I have actually lost brain power after watching this. And according to atheist, I had little to begin with :( Thanks OP, I am now even more dumber.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 8:06:43 AM
At 6/10/2013 8:03:09 AM, Harbinger wrote:
I guess we should through all history and start over because it is all hearsay anyway,

Because Jesus is all history.

May the best man win!
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 8:38:19 AM
At 6/10/2013 8:06:43 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
I guess we should through all history and start over because it is all hearsay anyway,

Did I claim that? No, I mean History in general. All we have is recordings, hearsay.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 8:49:10 AM
At 6/10/2013 8:38:19 AM, Harbinger wrote:

Did I claim that? No, I mean History in general. All we have is recordings, hearsay.

But a lot of recordings are primary sources, less bias, are backed up by multiple sources, may leave physical evidence, have other situations occurring directly because of them etc. There are different levels of reliability.

May the best man win!
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 8:50:23 AM
I guess we should through all history and start over because it is all hearsay anyway, if we listen to the OP, which, honestly made not one lick off sense. I have actually lost brain power after watching this. And according to atheist, I had little to begin with :( Thanks OP, I am now even more dumber.

Is that even possible?
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 11:00:49 PM
At 6/9/2013 10:58:40 PM, DoubtingDave wrote:

One will have you tortured for not accepting his divinity. The other is the son of the Eternal Father. Actually, either one describes both these guys.

most ridiculous would be the god man story, pope aka the father followers really believed their jesus god existed,(how blinded and lonely was I really to believe) at least kim Jong was a real person
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 12:22:05 AM
12 When he was accused by the chief priests and the elders, he gave no answer. 13 Then Pilate asked him, "Don"t you hear the testimony they are bringing against you?" 14 But Jesus made no reply, not even to a single charge--to the great amazement of the governor.

15 Now it was the governor"s custom at the festival to release a prisoner chosen by the crowd. 16 At that time they had a well-known prisoner whose name was Jesus Barabbas. 17 So when the crowd had gathered, Pilate asked them, "Which one do you want me to release to you: Jesus Barabbas, or Jesus who is called the Messiah?" 18 For he knew it was out of self-interest that they had handed Jesus over to him.

19 While Pilate was sitting on the judge"s seat, his wife sent him this message: "Don"t have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him."

20 But the chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowd to ask for Barabbas and to have Jesus executed.

21 "Which of the two do you want me to release to you?" asked the governor.

"Barabbas," they answered.

22 "What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called the Messiah?" Pilate asked.

They all answered, "Crucify him!"
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 3:12:13 AM
At 6/10/2013 8:49:10 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 6/10/2013 8:38:19 AM, Harbinger wrote:

But a lot of recordings are primary sources, less bias, are backed up by multiple sources, may leave physical evidence, have other situations occurring directly because of them etc. There are different levels of reliability.

Yep we do not have. right.
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 12:55:06 PM
At 6/11/2013 12:22:05 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:
12 When he was accused by the chief priests and the elders, he gave no answer. 13 Then Pilate asked him, "Don"t you hear the testimony they are bringing against you?" 14 But Jesus made no reply, not even to a single charge--to the great amazement of the governor.

15 Now it was the governor"s custom at the festival to release a prisoner chosen by the crowd. 16 At that time they had a well-known prisoner whose name was Jesus Barabbas. 17 So when the crowd had gathered, Pilate asked them, "Which one do you want me to release to you: Jesus Barabbas, or Jesus who is called the Messiah?" 18 For he knew it was out of self-interest that they had handed Jesus over to him.

19 While Pilate was sitting on the judge"s seat, his wife sent him this message: "Don"t have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him."

20 But the chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowd to ask for Barabbas and to have Jesus executed.

similar to the death of Jesus son of Ananus ......read Josephus writing which came out before the bible or new testament or any of its books
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 2:33:23 PM
At 6/11/2013 12:55:06 PM, question4u wrote:

similar to the death of Jesus son of Ananus ......read Josephus writing which came out before the bible or new testament or any of its books

Hardly similar, and it didn't "come out" before the Bible.
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 10:03:33 PM
At 6/11/2013 2:33:23 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

well christian with all the answers when did the bible come out or the byblos ... or any scripture of new testament was dated when?

If Josephus writings was dated between 75-100 AD, the new testament scriptures had to be written before then correct? well give me what you got..
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 10:32:32 PM
At 6/11/2013 10:03:33 PM, question4u wrote:

well christian with all the answers when did the bible come out or the byblos ... or any scripture of new testament was dated when?

Hmm.. with all the answers? Not likely.

If Josephus writings was dated between 75-100 AD, the new testament scriptures had to be written before then correct? well give me what you got..

Mathew - 35 AD
James - 40-41 AD
Mark - 42 AD
John - 42 AD
1 Thess - 50 AD
2 Thess - 51 AD
Galatians - 53 AD (spring)
1 Cor - 56 AD (late winter)
2 Cor - 57 AD (late summer)
Romans - 57 AD (winter)
Luke - 59 AD
Ephesians, Phillipians, Colossians, Philemon, Hebrews - 61-63 AD
Acts - 63 AD
1 Tim, Titus - 63 AD
1,2,3 John - 63-64 AD
1 Peter - 64-65 AD
2 Peter - 65-66 AD
Jude - 66-67 AD
2 Timothy - 67 AD
Revelation - 95 AD
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 10:57:36 PM

You be the judge everybody else...compare Jesus vs Jesus of course deaths have to be different but seems like a stolen story which copied who?

But, what is still more terrible, there was one Jesus, the son of Ananus, a plebeian and a husbandman, who, four years before the war began, and at a time when the city was in very great peace and prosperity, came to that feast whereon it is our custom for every one to make tabernacles to God in the temple [Sukkot, autumn, 62 CE], began on a sudden to cry aloud,

"A voice from the east,
a voice from the west,
a voice from the four winds,
a voice against Jerusalem and the Holy House,
a voice against the bridegrooms and the brides,
and a voice against this whole people!"

This was his cry, as he went about by day and by night, in all the lanes of the city.
However, certain of the most eminent among the populace had great indignation at this dire cry of his, and took up the man, and gave him a great number of severe stripes; yet did not he either say any thing for himself, or any thing peculiar to those that chastised him, but still went on with the same words which he cried before.
Hereupon the magistrates, supposing, as the case proved to be, that this was a sort of divine fury in the man, brought him to the Roman procurator, where he was whipped till his bones were laid bare; yet he did not make any supplication for himself, nor shed any tears, but turning his voice to the most lamentable tone possible, at every stroke of the whip his answer was,

"Woe, woe to Jerusalem!"

And when Albinus (for he was then our procurator) asked him, Who he was? and whence he came? and why he uttered such words? he made no manner of reply to what he said, but still did not leave off his melancholy ditty, till Albinus took him to be a madman, and dismissed him.
Now, during all the time that passed before the war began, this man did not go near any of the citizens, nor was seen by them while he said so; but he every day uttered these lamentable words, as if it were his premeditated vow,

"Woe, woe to Jerusalem!"

Nor did he give ill words to any of those that beat him every day, nor good words to those that gave him food; but this was his reply to all men, and indeed no other than a melancholy presage of what was to come.
This cry of his was the loudest at the festivals; and he continued this ditty for seven years and five months, without growing hoarse, or being tired therewith, until the very time that he saw his presage in earnest fulfilled in our siege, when it ceased; for as he was going round upon the wall, he cried out with his utmost force,

"Woe, woe to the city again, and to the people, and to the Holy House!"

And just as he added at the last,

"Woe, woe to myself also!"

there came a stone out of one of the engines, and smote him, and killed him immediately; and as he was uttering the very same presages he gave up the ghost.
also here is another Jesus.. I mean the jewish people really gave the romans and the rest of the world some good leading points for a good story
Jesus ben Pandira. A wonder-worker during the reign of Alexander Jannaeus (106-79 BC), one of the most ruthless of the Maccabean kings. Imprudently, this Jesus launched into a career of end-time prophesy and agitation which upset the king. He met his own premature end-time by being hung on a tree " and on the eve of a Passover. Scholars have speculated this Jesus founded the Essene sect.