Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What do you think about christians?

cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 1:30:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
even if you are one. I personally hate a lot of the aspects of our religion. we definitely deserve all of the sh!t we're getting. but people might think that's wrong because that's not what their god tells us. I think that if god came and saw what we as Christians have done, he'd be disappointed
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
IslamAhmadiyya
Posts: 65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 1:36:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
They are almost close to Islam, but there are some teachings found in Christianity, where they have strayed off from the true path of God.

That is my opinion.
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 1:58:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
What do I think of Christians? As in, the entirety of every Christian person on the planet? Nothing; why would I make generalizations to such an insane degree?
bulproof
Posts: 25,273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 2:59:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 1:30:57 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
even if you are one. I personally hate a lot of the aspects of our religion. we definitely deserve all of the sh!t we're getting. but people might think that's wrong because that's not what their god tells us. I think that if god came and saw what we as Christians have done, he'd be disappointed
Some are the nicest of people. And then you have the richardheads.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 4:14:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
In General, they are amongst the nicest people, Merciful, wise, companionate.

Their Doctrine contains something that is destroying their society, which is believing that Jesus died for their sins, this doctrine doesn't come from Jesus words, doesn't even make a sense with his preaching, but most of them believe in it as the most important part of their creed. This is unfortunately going to ruin them.
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 4:32:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Christians follow a doctrine that demands perfection, its not something you can expect them to succeed in filling. What I like about the religion is that people who call themselves Christians at least try to be perfect, and even if they don't achieve it, they score pretty high morally.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 4:36:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I love everyone, atheists, pagans, and Christians alike. Now, my fellow Christians are easier to talk to because we share common ground but sometimes we do not. I find many things other self confessed Christians teach as unbiblical. Maybe some of my ways are unbiblical but I try to stay on that path.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 4:41:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 4:14:43 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In General, they are amongst the nicest people, Merciful, wise, companionate.

Their Doctrine contains something that is destroying their society, which is believing that Jesus died for their sins, this doctrine doesn't come from Jesus words, doesn't even make a sense with his preaching, but most of them believe in it as the most important part of their creed. This is unfortunately going to ruin them.

I appreciate your kinds words and we all can be nice. I disagree with the rest. How can anyone take you seriously as someone who maintains truth if what you say is incorrect?

Mark 1:15 "The time is here, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

1Cor 15:1-4 The gospel is that Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, and then He was resurrected on the third day.

Romans 4:25-5:2 He was delivered over to death for our sins and then was raised to life to put us right with God. By faith in this, then, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.

Romans 10:9-11 If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with your heart you believe and are put right with God, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame."

1 John 1:3-4 That which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. We write these things to you that your joy may be full.

Mat. 20:
17 " And Jesus going up to Jerusalem took the twelve disciples apart in the way, and said unto them,
18 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death,
19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 6:10:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 4:41:31 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/10/2013 4:14:43 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In General, they are amongst the nicest people, Merciful, wise, companionate.

Their Doctrine contains something that is destroying their society, which is believing that Jesus died for their sins, this doctrine doesn't come from Jesus words, doesn't even make a sense with his preaching, but most of them believe in it as the most important part of their creed. This is unfortunately going to ruin them.

I appreciate your kinds words and we all can be nice. I disagree with the rest. How can anyone take you seriously as someone who maintains truth if what you say is incorrect?

Mark 1:15 "The time is here, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

No objection.

1Cor 15:1-4 The gospel is that Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, and then He was resurrected on the third day.


Jesus didn't say this! He said he lays his life and take it back, he said no man takes it away!!

Romans 4:25-5:2 He was delivered over to death for our sins and then was raised to life to put us right with God. By faith in this, then, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.


Jesus didn't say this so this is an interpretation and it can be wrong and even very wrong!
Romans 10:9-11 If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with your heart you believe and are put right with God, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame."


I know God is able of everything, it's just that I take the truth only from the mouth of the prophets, and the one who is speaking here in Romans isn't a prophet.

1 John 1:3-4 That which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. We write these things to you that your joy may be full.


This is the author of John, He is an honest man, he isn't one of the apostles, and his creed is false, and isn't supported by the words of Jesus.

Mat. 20:
17 " And Jesus going up to Jerusalem took the twelve disciples apart in the way, and said unto them,
18 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death,
19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.


There must be something wrong here, cause Jesus according to the Gospels was buried Saturday evening, and spoke to his mother Sunday morning ?! so 3 days is not correct, maybe a mistake from the author ? not sure but then it would contradict the story.

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

You agree this is a parable, the bread that you need to eat in order live forever, it is knowledge about God, this knowledge is the Flesh of Jesus Christ, but the knowledge is what Jesus taught , not what was cooked after he ascended.

Why did Jesus even ask you to obey the commands in order to deserve God love?? and Whom ever God loves will have eternal life! this plainly contradicts the sacrifice theory.
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 6:14:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
A group of people following an ideology based on faith.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 6:21:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 4:14:43 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In General, they are amongst the nicest people, Merciful, wise, companionate.

Their Doctrine contains something that is destroying their society, which is believing that Jesus died for their sins, this doctrine doesn't come from Jesus words, doesn't even make a sense with his preaching, but most of them believe in it as the most important part of their creed. This is unfortunately going to ruin them.

"Believing that Jesus died for their sins is destroying their society" is one of the sickest things that I have heard in awhile, congratulations. Tell me how believing that Jesus died for sins is destroying anything? That is just satanic and you should be ashamed. Jesus knew exactly what He was to do, He spoke it, He lived it and He fulfilled it.....WILLINGLY and you know it, there is no confusion about His purpose. He willingly handed over His life as a sacrifice, unless of course you could demonstrate what He supposedly died for using the Gospel. It is pretty clear that Jesus came to pardon sins and to give eternal life John 10:1-18, 24-30 Matthew 9:6-7

Isaiah 53

King James Version (KJV)

53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our TRANSGRESSIONS, he was bruised for our INIQUITIES: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the INIQUITY of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for SIN, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the SIN of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

And I would also like to know how I'm going to be "ruined"?
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 6:33:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 6:10:50 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

Jesus didn't say this! He said he lays his life and take it back, he said no man takes it away!!

He did say this. Prove He did not. You cannot. You just assert He did not because it goes against Islam.

Romans 4:25-5:2 He was delivered over to death for our sins and then was raised to life to put us right with God. By faith in this, then, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.

Jesus didn't say this so this is an interpretation and it can be wrong and even very wrong!

Just like yours?

Romans 10:9-11 If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with your heart you believe and are put right with God, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame."

I know God is able of everything, it's just that I take the truth only from the mouth of the prophets, and the one who is speaking here in Romans isn't a prophet.

Just because you reject them, does not mean Christians should or Jesus did, of course He did not. Provide evidence this goes against Jesus word's, you made the claim.

1 John 1:3-4 That which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. We write these things to you that your joy may be full.

This is the author of John, He is an honest man, he isn't one of the apostles, and his creed is false, and isn't supported by the words of Jesus.

Umm.. see, you got to prove that.

Mat. 20:
17 " And Jesus going up to Jerusalem took the twelve disciples apart in the way, and said unto them,
18 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death,
19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

There must be something wrong here, cause Jesus according to the Gospels was buried Saturday evening,

No Friday.

and spoke to his mother Sunday morning ?!

Yes because He rose on the third day. Friday, Saturday, and then Sunday =3

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

You agree this is a parable, the bread that you need to eat in order live forever, it is knowledge about God, this knowledge is the Flesh of Jesus Christ, but the knowledge is what Jesus taught , not what was cooked after he ascended.

I cannot help if you refuse the parable or do not understand it. I understand you must refuse it. Nothing here said anything about knowledge. It states that Jesus is the Law-Word made flesh and any man who accepts-eat, will live forever. He gave His flesh on the cross for all men.

Why did Jesus even ask you to obey the commands in order to deserve God love?? and Whom ever God loves will have eternal life! this plainly contradicts the sacrifice theory.

That did not come anywhere from that passage.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 6:33:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 6:25:50 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I think Christians are as flawed as everyone else, but we do recognize what Jesus did and we are thankful.

Simple and plain. :)
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:39:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 6:21:21 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 6/10/2013 4:14:43 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
In General, they are amongst the nicest people, Merciful, wise, companionate.

Their Doctrine contains something that is destroying their society, which is believing that Jesus died for their sins, this doctrine doesn't come from Jesus words, doesn't even make a sense with his preaching, but most of them believe in it as the most important part of their creed. This is unfortunately going to ruin them.

"Believing that Jesus died for their sins is destroying their society" is one of the sickest things that I have heard in awhile, congratulations. Tell me how believing that Jesus died for sins is destroying anything? That is just satanic and you should be ashamed. Jesus knew exactly what He was to do, He spoke it, He lived it and He fulfilled it.....WILLINGLY and you know it, there is no confusion about His purpose. He willingly handed over His life as a sacrifice, unless of course you could demonstrate what He supposedly died for using the Gospel. It is pretty clear that Jesus came to pardon sins and to give eternal life John 10:1-18, 24-30 Matthew 9:6-7

Isaiah 53

King James Version (KJV)


53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our TRANSGRESSIONS, he was bruised for our INIQUITIES: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the INIQUITY of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for SIN, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the SIN of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.



Unfortunately! these verses are in the this part of the book, the least authentic of all parts!

http://en.wikipedia.org...

And I would also like to know how I'm going to be "ruined"?

If your creed is wrong don't you think you are ruined? what if what Jesus called you for is just contradicted by the sacrifice theory ? and because of this theory you're astray from the way Jesus came to show you .
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:41:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
They are people that I pat on the head like 'awww you guys all have the same imaginary friend? How cute!" (jk). They are people like everyone else obviously, what kind of question is this?
Mysterious_Stranger
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:59:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Most Christians are reasonable however you do get the odd one or two psychopaths who would be better off without any kind of religion at all, though you do tend to encounter these kinds of people in any ideology.
Turn around, go back.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 11:22:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think it's wrong headed to generalize Christians (obviously). I figure most detestable behaviors exhibited by (some) Christians is supervenient on personal attributes that would lend themselves to those types of behaviors even if simply by another name. For instance, I don't think the Westboro people would be kid hearted compassionate human beings if Christianity ceased to exist. They would simply have found some other outlet to express their own fears of Others.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 2:15:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 6:33:07 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/10/2013 6:10:50 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

Jesus didn't say this! He said he lays his life and take it back, he said no man takes it away!!

He did say this. Prove He did not. You cannot. You just assert He did not because it goes against Islam.

No, but because I never read it in the Gospels like this : then Jesus saith unto them ...., so the person who says something about Jesus needs to quote it.

If I tell you Obama said "kill all muslims" who would need to bring evidence ? me or you ?? and what would be the evidence ? it would need to be an authentic speech of his.

you are saying Jesus said something, and Jesus is greater than Obama, yet your are believing anybody who speaks for him, for a matter as important as your creed!

Romans 4:25-5:2 He was delivered over to death for our sins and then was raised to life to put us right with God. By faith in this, then, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.

Jesus didn't say this so this is an interpretation and it can be wrong and even very wrong!

Just like yours?

I need quotations from Jesus mouth only. anybody can make interpretations. and wrong interpretations are a sure way to deviate.

Romans 10:9-11 If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with your heart you believe and are put right with God, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame."

I know God is able of everything, it's just that I take the truth only from the mouth of the prophets, and the one who is speaking here in Romans isn't a prophet.

Just because you reject them, does not mean Christians should or Jesus did, of course He did not. Provide evidence this goes against Jesus word's, you made the claim.

He -peace upon him- said (according to John/12):

46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth in me, should not abide in darkness.

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Now what that "save the world" mean, remember he was speaking that he is " a light" that ye need to follow, if you have no light , ye are lost, but with the light you can find your way and be saved!! it's as simple.

Again about life eternal and what is it ?

John 17:

3 And this is life eternal, that they know thee to be the [d]only very God, and whom thou hast sent, Jesus Christ.

It is the knowledge, not just the belief but the knowledge that (YHWH) is the only true God, and you need to also know Jesus whom YHWH sent.

Now how can you reconcile this verse in chapter 14, with the sacrifice theory ?

24 He that loveth me not, keepeth not my words, and the word which ye hear, is not mine, but the Father"s which sent me.

It is obvious Jesus is speaking about the sinners, those who claim they de believe but yet don't keep the commands, with is to say they don't love Jesus nor the Father, even if they claim so!

1 John 1:3-4 That which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. We write these things to you that your joy may be full.

This is the author of John, He is an honest man, he isn't one of the apostles, and his creed is false, and isn't supported by the words of Jesus.

Umm.. see, you got to prove that.

Ok, the author doesn't say "I", "We" , "Us" until the end of the Gospel when he says where he got his knowledge from (from the beloved disciple , not sure if personally or writings, or preaching) so he definitely isn't an apostle.

24 [k]This is that disciple, which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things, and we know that his testimony is true. John 21

Mat. 20:
17 " And Jesus going up to Jerusalem took the twelve disciples apart in the way, and said unto them,
18 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death,
19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

There must be something wrong here, cause Jesus according to the Gospels was buried Saturday evening,

No Friday.

and spoke to his mother Sunday morning ?!

Yes because He rose on the third day. Friday, Saturday, and then Sunday =3

Ok , still doesn't prove this is a sacrifice, It doesn't bother me that he was resurrected, but that you guys say that he gave you eternal life with the sacrifice, when he gave it to you through knowledge! he isn't a sacrifice for sinners!

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

You agree this is a parable, the bread that you need to eat in order live forever, it is knowledge about God, this knowledge is the Flesh of Jesus Christ, but the knowledge is what Jesus taught , not what was cooked after he ascended.

I cannot help if you refuse the parable or do not understand it. I understand you must refuse it. Nothing here said anything about knowledge. It states that Jesus is the Law-Word made flesh and any man who accepts-eat, will live forever. He gave His flesh on the cross for all men.

How did you interpret it ?! how do you actually eat from that bread ?!

Why did Jesus even ask you to obey the commands in order to deserve God love?? and Whom ever God loves will have eternal life! this plainly contradicts the sacrifice theory.

That did not come anywhere from that passage.

Yes that was to bring it up to your remembrance, if he was so tough with those who don't keep his commandments , how can he be slaughtered for their sake ?!
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 3:51:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 2:15:12 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

I am not going to argue with you because you would rather make claims against scripture and would rather take claims from scripture in 700 ad some thing. Have you ever wondered why it took God till 700 ad to send His message(if the Quran be true)? That makes one wonder if God is all powerful then. No, He gave His word and message long before that. God is the same today and tomorrow, does is Islam describe the same God? No, Its different deities. Islam is nothing more than reformed Jewish Mysticism.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 3:53:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I don't think anything about "Christians".

They're the same as any other group of people arbitrarily recognized around a label.

But most of my friends are Christian and I love them a lot.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 4:10:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 3:51:05 PM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/10/2013 2:15:12 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

I am not going to argue with you because you would rather make claims against scripture and would rather take claims from scripture in 700 ad some thing. Have you ever wondered why it took God till 700 ad to send His message(if the Quran be true)? That makes one wonder if God is all powerful then. No, He gave His word and message long before that. God is the same today and tomorrow, does is Islam describe the same God? No, Its different deities. Islam is nothing more than reformed Jewish Mysticism.

700 years is nothing, it's less than a day in God's days! do you want him to send a prophet each time someone commits a mistake ?! then nowadays we would need a prophet in each city of every country ! Allah is Ilohim, YHWH , the creator of the heavens and the earth, referred by Jesus as the only God, or the Father.The Christian God as defined by them is different from all what was said before in the OT scriptures. and the God I worship is the one who sent Jesus with truth!
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 4:16:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 4:10:00 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/10/2013 3:51:05 PM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/10/2013 2:15:12 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

I am not going to argue with you because you would rather make claims against scripture and would rather take claims from scripture in 700 ad some thing. Have you ever wondered why it took God till 700 ad to send His message(if the Quran be true)? That makes one wonder if God is all powerful then. No, He gave His word and message long before that. God is the same today and tomorrow, does is Islam describe the same God? No, Its different deities. Islam is nothing more than reformed Jewish Mysticism.

700 years is nothing, it's less than a day in God's days! do you want him to send a prophet each time someone commits a mistake ?! then nowadays we would need a prophet in each city of every country ! Allah is Ilohim, YHWH , the creator of the heavens and the earth, referred by Jesus as the only God, or the Father.The Christian God as defined by them is different from all what was said before in the OT scriptures. and the God I worship is the one who sent Jesus with truth!

The New Testament fulfills the Old Testament, you may not read your Bible. Allah is simply a name for God. We can debate if the Islamic God is the same God of the Bible(the Father). I would like that.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
TULIP
Posts: 398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 4:17:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Know who they are, where they stand under Gods eyes, know what they deserve, and know where they're going. Have beliefs but may be different than another sometimes. Are friendly (usually; if a real Christian). Usually viewed as strange, weird, freaks, odd, not likable. Treated as such; pushed away, harshly, threatened, harmed, hated by anyone. It's really rare to get positive feedback and accepted, but even if we're not accepted were still satisfied because we know who we are :)

This isn't just what I think, but what I know. Only because I am Christian.
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 4:21:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 4:16:06 PM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/10/2013 4:10:00 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/10/2013 3:51:05 PM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/10/2013 2:15:12 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

I am not going to argue with you because you would rather make claims against scripture and would rather take claims from scripture in 700 ad some thing. Have you ever wondered why it took God till 700 ad to send His message(if the Quran be true)? That makes one wonder if God is all powerful then. No, He gave His word and message long before that. God is the same today and tomorrow, does is Islam describe the same God? No, Its different deities. Islam is nothing more than reformed Jewish Mysticism.

700 years is nothing, it's less than a day in God's days! do you want him to send a prophet each time someone commits a mistake ?! then nowadays we would need a prophet in each city of every country ! Allah is Ilohim, YHWH , the creator of the heavens and the earth, referred by Jesus as the only God, or the Father.The Christian God as defined by them is different from all what was said before in the OT scriptures. and the God I worship is the one who sent Jesus with truth!

The New Testament fulfills the Old Testament, you may not read your Bible. Allah is simply a name for God. We can debate if the Islamic God is the same God of the Bible(the Father). I would like that.Allah is Arabic for Ilohim, only the creator is referred to by this name, no other deity.Let's debate it then , that's exactly what I had in mind :)
TULIP
Posts: 398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 4:22:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 4:10:00 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/10/2013 3:51:05 PM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/10/2013 2:15:12 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

I am not going to argue with you because you would rather make claims against scripture and would rather take claims from scripture in 700 ad some thing. Have you ever wondered why it took God till 700 ad to send His message(if the Quran be true)? That makes one wonder if God is all powerful then. No, He gave His word and message long before that. God is the same today and tomorrow, does is Islam describe the same God? No, Its different deities. Islam is nothing more than reformed Jewish Mysticism.

700 years is nothing, it's less than a day in God's days! do you want him to send a prophet each time someone commits a mistake ?! then nowadays we would need a prophet in each city of every country ! Allah is Ilohim, YHWH , the creator of the heavens and the earth, referred by Jesus as the only God, or the Father.The Christian God as defined by them is different from all what was said before in the OT scriptures. and the God I worship is the one who sent Jesus with truth!

And if I may ask, I know from other Muslims that you consider Jesus to be just a prophet? Is that correct? And I also heard that to say Jesus is Gods son is wrong and demeaning?? Is that correct as well for Muslim beliefs?? If yes to both, why is this??
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
TULIP
Posts: 398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 4:24:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 10:41:51 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
They are people that I pat on the head like 'awww you guys all have the same imaginary friend? How cute!" (jk). They are people like everyone else obviously, what kind of question is this?

Lol nice humor.. Thanks for te compliment on Christians too :)
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 4:43:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 4:22:29 PM, TULIP wrote:
At 6/10/2013 4:10:00 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/10/2013 3:51:05 PM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/10/2013 2:15:12 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

I am not going to argue with you because you would rather make claims against scripture and would rather take claims from scripture in 700 ad some thing. Have you ever wondered why it took God till 700 ad to send His message(if the Quran be true)? That makes one wonder if God is all powerful then. No, He gave His word and message long before that. God is the same today and tomorrow, does is Islam describe the same God? No, Its different deities. Islam is nothing more than reformed Jewish Mysticism.

700 years is nothing, it's less than a day in God's days! do you want him to send a prophet each time someone commits a mistake ?! then nowadays we would need a prophet in each city of every country ! Allah is Ilohim, YHWH , the creator of the heavens and the earth, referred by Jesus as the only God, or the Father.The Christian God as defined by them is different from all what was said before in the OT scriptures. and the God I worship is the one who sent Jesus with truth!

And if I may ask, I know from other Muslims that you consider Jesus to be just a prophet? Is that correct? And I also heard that to say Jesus is Gods son is wrong and demeaning?? Is that correct as well for Muslim beliefs?? If yes to both, why is this??

Jesus according to Quran, which is God's word (the father literal word) is the messenger, the Messiah and the Word of God. he isn't just a prophet but one of the five most important prophets, that we await for to comeback with Justice as the believers King .

The Prophet () said,
"If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but Allah
Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Slave and His Apostle, and
that Jesus is Allah's Slave and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on
Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true,
Allah will admit him into Paradise with the deeds which he had done even if
those deeds were few." (Junada, the sub-narrator said, " 'Ubada
added, 'Such a person can enter Paradise through any of its eight gates he
likes.")

Sahih Bukhari

We believe also that he is not the son of God in the sense he isn't the begotten son of God, because son of God used to mean something, than the Christian doctrine made it mean something else. for this reason God didn't talk to the believers (in Quran) as sons of God, but as slave servants of God