Jump to topic:

Who first believed in Allah

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 9:07:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
A question I'm posing to our muslim brothers and sisters. Who was the first of the believers?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:14:19 AM
At 6/10/2013 9:07:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
A question I'm posing to our muslim brothers and sisters. Who was the first of the believers?

If you mean after the first revelation from Allah to the prophet Mohamed- PBUH-, the first believer ever is his wife Khadijah, whom he was the 3rd husband, and she was 15 years older.Here the story of revelation:Narrated 'Aisha: (the mother of the faithful believers) The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Messenger () was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright daylight, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira where he used to worship (Allah alone) continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food likewise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet () replied, "I do not know how to read." The Prophet () added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists), created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (96.1, 96.2, 96.3) Then Allah's Messenger () returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely. Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and after that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones." Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the pre-Islamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Messenger () described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Messenger () asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while.http://sunnah.com... that arabs used to know Allah( Ilohim in Hebrew) as the creator, but worship idols along with him, they ware pagans.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:19:11 AM
At 6/10/2013 10:14:19 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

If you mean after the first revelation from Allah to the prophet Mohamed- PBUH-, the first believer ever is his wife Khadijah, whom he was the 3rd husband, and she was 15 years older.Here the story of revelation:Narrated 'Aisha: (the mother of the faithful believers) The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Messenger () was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright daylight, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira where he used to worship (Allah alone) continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food likewise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet () replied, "I do not know how to read." The Prophet () added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists), created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (96.1, 96.2, 96.3) Then Allah's Messenger () returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely. Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and after that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones." Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the pre-Islamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Messenger () described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Messenger () asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while.http://sunnah.com... that arabs used to know Allah( Ilohim in Hebrew) as the creator, but worship idols along with him, they ware pagans.
I didn't bother reading that, because as you can see I added no qualifications or caveats to the question.
So here is the TOPIC.
Who first believed in Allah?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:22:10 AM
At 6/10/2013 10:20:08 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Sorry for the format!
Is the question to hard?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:22:35 AM
If you leave it open like that it would be Adam from mankind!

If you mean after Mohamed first received revelation then He is the first to believe, and after him his wife Khadidjah!
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:23:56 AM
At 6/10/2013 10:22:10 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/10/2013 10:20:08 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Sorry for the format!
Is the question to hard?

It's a good habit to quote where I got my answer from, otherwise you may have 2 people say 2 opposite things and won't know why.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:29:13 AM
At 6/10/2013 10:22:35 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

First usually means FIRST. Everything after that can be defined as NOT FIRST.
Is there a passage in the quran concerning this or is it just something someone said?
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:30:27 AM
At 6/10/2013 10:29:13 AM, bulproof wrote:

Is there a passage in the quran concerning this or is it just something someone said?

"Is there a passage in the quran concerning this or is it just something someone said?"

Is there really a difference between the two ;)
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:35:29 AM
Allah.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:35:29 AM
At 6/10/2013 10:30:27 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

"Is there a passage in the quran concerning this or is it just something someone said?"

LOL
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:42:59 AM

Look down in the comments section. Someone probably scribbled "FIRST" in there.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:45:43 AM
At 6/10/2013 10:42:59 AM, Noumena wrote:

Now we just need to match the handwriting.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:55:31 AM
At 6/10/2013 10:42:59 AM, Noumena wrote:

I'm new here I don't understand :)
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 2:49:10 PM

Yes Ma'am.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 2:51:02 PM

Yes plenty, Adam was aware of God (Allah) and remained as such even after he was punished for his sin, as well as his wife Eve ( Hawaa), an example:

" And We said: O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and eat ye freely (of the fruits) thereof where ye will; but come not nigh this tree lest ye become wrong-doers. (35) But Satan caused them to deflect therefrom and expelled them from the (happy) state in which they were; and We said: Fall down, one of you a foe unto the other! There shall be for you on earth a habitation and provision for a time. (36) Then Adam received from his Lord words (of revelation), and He relented toward him. Lo! He is the relenting, the Merciful. (37) We said: Go down, all of you, from hence; but verily there cometh unto you from Me a guidance; and whoso followeth My guidance, there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. (38) But they who disbelieve, and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of the Fire. They will abide therein. (39) " (Chapter 2/Quran)

I thought you meant something else cause everybody knows Adam is the first man and the first believer in all Abrahamic religions !
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 8:43:27 PM
At 6/10/2013 2:51:02 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

Yes plenty, Adam was aware of God (Allah) and remained as such even after he was punished for his sin, as well as his wife Eve ( Hawaa), an example:

" And We said: O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and eat ye freely (of the fruits) thereof where ye will; but come not nigh this tree lest ye become wrong-doers. (35) But Satan caused them to deflect therefrom and expelled them from the (happy) state in which they were; and We said: Fall down, one of you a foe unto the other! There shall be for you on earth a habitation and provision for a time. (36) Then Adam received from his Lord words (of revelation), and He relented toward him. Lo! He is the relenting, the Merciful. (37) We said: Go down, all of you, from hence; but verily there cometh unto you from Me a guidance; and whoso followeth My guidance, there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. (38) But they who disbelieve, and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of the Fire. They will abide therein. (39) " (Chapter 2/Quran)

I thought you meant something else cause everybody knows Adam is the first man and the first believer in all Abrahamic religions !
OK we agree that there can be only ONE First to believe in Allah and that was Adam? And the quran confirms it? Correct?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 8:48:24 PM
At 6/10/2013 8:43:27 PM, bulproof wrote:

OK we agree that there can be only ONE First to believe in Allah and that was Adam? And the quran confirms it? Correct?

Yes , depending on the context ,sure.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 8:55:03 PM
At 6/10/2013 8:48:24 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

So now your back to there may be other people who were the first to believe in Allah?
And the quran doesn't confirm that Adam was the first believer?
And you have reservations about about what the word first means? You want to redefine FIRST depending on context? What context can change who was the first believer?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:26:42 AM
At 6/10/2013 8:55:03 PM, bulproof wrote:

So now your back to there may be other people who were the first to believe in Allah?
And you have reservations about about what the word first means? You want to redefine FIRST depending on context? What context can change who was the first believer?
Umm have you run away fruity?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:27:22 AM

Look he is the first believer absolutely from mankind (not the first creature to believe though.)

Go ahead continue I have a guess of what you have in mind :)
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:35:53 AM
At 6/11/2013 7:27:22 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

Look he is the first believer absolutely from mankind (not the first creature to believe though.)

Go ahead continue I have a guess of what you have in mind :)
Do you?
Try this:
7:143
Sahih International
And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, "My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You." [ Allah ] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, "Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."

and tell me there is no contradiction in the quran.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 10:48:59 AM

Response: The first of the believers were the first people to be created, that being Adam and Eve.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 10:53:39 AM
At 6/11/2013 7:35:53 AM, bulproof wrote:
Sahih International
And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, "My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You." [ Allah ] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, "Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."ins>

Hehe I knew it: well Moses is the first of the believers means this:first he is not the first chronologically , so he doesn't mean he is the first in time before his father Adam, but the first in position compared to his own people.I mean really you shouldn't look for this type of contradiction, it's ridiculous, not only Moses said that, look here:Say: Lo! my worship and my sacrifice and my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the Worlds. (162) He hath no partner. This am I commanded, and I am first of those who surrender (unto Him). (163)chapter 6/ Quran. this one is a command to Abraham actually.Also this: They said: It is no hurt, for lo! unto our Lord we shall return. (50) Lo! we ardently hope that our Lord will forgive us our sins because we are the first of the believers. (51) Chapter 26/ Quran Those are the Magicians of Pharaoh when they were about to be punished by pharaoh. So really each "first" is in its own context. But it sure doesn't mean first chronologically.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 11:09:24 AM
At 6/11/2013 10:53:39 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/11/2013 7:35:53 AM, bulproof wrote:
Sahih International
And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, "My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You." [ Allah ] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, "Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."ins>

Hehe I knew it: well Moses is the first of the believers means this:first he is not the first chronologically , so he doesn't mean he is the first in time before his father Adam, but the first in position compared to his own people.I mean really you shouldn't look for this type of contradiction, it's ridiculous, not only Moses said that, look here:Say: Lo! my worship and my sacrifice and my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the Worlds. (162) He hath no partner. This am I commanded, and I am first of those who surrender (unto Him). (163)chapter 6/ Quran. this one is a command to Abraham actually.Also this: They said: It is no hurt, for lo! unto our Lord we shall return. (50) Lo! we ardently hope that our Lord will forgive us our sins because we are the first of the believers. (51) Chapter 26/ Quran Those are the Magicians of Pharaoh when they were about to be punished by pharaoh. So really each "first" is in its own context. But it sure doesn't mean first chronologically.
Ha Ha I haven't read past the first line and you have confirmed my prophecy. You have resorted to your etch-a-sketch dictionary to redefine FIRST. That is simply hilarious and then you produce even more contradictions, how funny.
The quran has no contradictions that's how you know allah wrote it, but look at all these contradictions. You see in reality you don't get to redefine a word to contradict that word in order that the stupid claim of no contradictions stand up. Yeah we can all read the contradictions in the quran you and I have posted.
Quran = word of god........................BUSTED.
Chica boom, chica boom don't ya just love it.
this place needs smilies
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 11:23:33 AM

If you mean after Mohamed first received revelation then He is the first to believe, and after him his wife Khadidjah!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Khadidjah the one who convinced Mohamed that his visions are real. I seam to remember hearing something to the effect that Mohamed didn't believe that his visions were real, and Khadidjah convinced him otherwise.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
makhdoom5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 12:47:42 PM
there is hadith saying ALLAH recited the sura e yasin 22000 year before the creation of whole universe.
036:001 YaSeen.
036:002 By the Wise Koran,
036:003 you (Prophet Muhammad) are truly among the Messengers sent
036:004 upon a Straight Path.

which means prophet Muhammad saww was created before any thing else in the whole universe.
so simple.
for wise i do not need to give much detail of the verses its clear.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 4:49:39 PM
At 6/11/2013 12:47:42 PM, makhdoom5 wrote:
there is hadith saying ALLAH recited the sura e yasin 22000 year before the creation of whole universe.
036:001 YaSeen.
036:002 By the Wise Koran,
036:003 you (Prophet Muhammad) are truly among the Messengers sent
036:004 upon a Straight Path.

which means prophet Muhammad saww was created before any thing else in the whole universe.
so simple.
for wise i do not need to give much detail of the verses its clear.

You need to bring the hadeeth on the table with its reference, and even if it is authentic, it still doesn't mean Mohamed existed then!!!
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 4:54:06 PM
At 6/11/2013 11:23:33 AM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Khadidjah the one who convinced Mohamed that his visions are real. I seam to remember hearing something to the effect that Mohamed didn't believe that his visions were real, and Khadidjah convinced him otherwise.

He was very afraid in the beginning, and could not understand what happened to him. she reassured him. please read my first post on this thread it has the hadeeth with the full account of the first revelation of Quran.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 5:13:51 PM
At 6/10/2013 2:49:10 PM, Mirza wrote:

Yes Ma'am.

Is there any significant reason you call everyone Ma'am? (Actually, is it everyone or only the males? Do you call females Sir?)