Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What the heck happened to Apeiron?

bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 11:20:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 11:19:32 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I feel like the Joker if he lost Batman. Who am I supposed to fight with now?

Considering the circumstances of his leaving, I think he's more the Joker to your Batman.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 11:21:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 11:20:18 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/10/2013 11:19:32 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I feel like the Joker if he lost Batman. Who am I supposed to fight with now?

Considering the circumstances of his leaving, I think he's more the Joker to your Batman.

What were the circumstances?
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 11:26:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 11:19:32 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I feel like the Joker if he lost Batman. Who am I supposed to fight with now?

Lol yeah what's goin on?
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 11:32:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Apeiron was training an army of multi-accounts to rule DDO with an iron fist.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 11:34:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 11:21:12 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 6/10/2013 11:20:18 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/10/2013 11:19:32 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I feel like the Joker if he lost Batman. Who am I supposed to fight with now?

Considering the circumstances of his leaving, I think he's more the Joker to your Batman.

What were the circumstances?

You really don't know?!

Holy crap dude.

Okay:

His whole little castle started crumbling when he created a debate in which he cheated. In a debate with DakotaKrafic he circumvented the character limit via images which were solely constructed of text. He wound up putting close to 18,000 words in these images. When he was called out on this, he deleted the images so that they were broken links on the debate, and tried to claim that it was just a small amount of words, while never actually refuting the text, which Dakota posted.

http://www.debate.org...

A bit of a truncated version of some of the details that Dakota objected to was:

At 5/15/2013 2:52:58 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

Apeiron exploited a loophole to bypass our debate's generous character limit of 8,000 by posting "pictures" that were nothing but paragraphs of text. This is that same argument, only with the paragraphs of text actually typed out instead of in picture format.

Apeiron objected to him exceeding the character limit by more than 1,000 so I posted this here to link to it from our debate so that everyone can see for themselves just how long it is. It's easy to copy/paste this now into a Word document and use "word count" see how many characters he used (close to 18,000!).

When voters took him to task over this, he became enraged, rhetorically frothing at the mouth and accusing everyone who thought cheating was a bad thing of being dishonest. In general, site moderation stayed out, letting the community discuss the matter. However, as part of this rage of his, some shady things he'd been managing to keep under the radar got noticed, which caused scrutiny in his direction.

This was bad.

Once that scrutiny started, it revealed a depth of dishonesty and bad faith that extended far beyond anything that had been known before from him:

There's a post about it in the DDO forum from Airmax, once the dust settled a bit from it all:

http://www.debate.org...

At 5/22/2013 8:45:35 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Because of the extent of the infractions by a visible and known member who's contributions were, I thought, generally positive, I felt it would be prudent to make this announcement as members have been contacting me and asking about it. I considered delaying until my Friday admin update, but for the sake of full disclosure decided it was best just to let members know now.

(Just a side note, I generally don't announce temp-bans like this. I give those members a heads up about it and they can decide whether to post a thread about how they are being temp-banned and complain/agree about it as they see fit or say something publicly afterwards, though it's up to them. But otherwise, since the consequence is the temp-ban itself, and not any form of public shaming, I don't generally feel it's appropriate. This thread also isn't about public shaming, but being open with the community when these things happen, about conduct damaging to the site, and what types of conduct are not acceptable.)

...

Apeiron has been banned for the following site conduct violations:

*Multi accounting
*Multi voting
*Multi account vote bombing
*Multi account self voting (Alt voting)
*Multi debating
*Retributive voting

The following accounts were Apeiron Multi accounts:

Reason Alliance
Anthra Sight
Anaxa
Sola.Gratia ***(Edit: Sola was not originally an Apeiron multi, but a unique and sincere member who left the site. Apeiron gained access to her account and used it as his own)***

The following 5 accounts were created by Apeiron specifically to votebomb in favor of himself on this debate:

http://www.debate.org...

Gustav
LucyLucy
TomCruise
HillmanYusuf111
HelpFindingBooks306

The following accounts were Apeirons former accounts, all banned a year ago for multi accounting and alt voting:

WXgeo
Jru
PSR

Apeiron has been permanently banned from DDO for threatening the integrity of the site and the legitimacy of debate results.

It was discovered later that Sola.Gratia was not originally a multi-account. Rather, she was a user who had left the site (not sure if she intended the absence to be permanent, or just wasn't coming around as much). For unkonwn reasons, she gave Apeiron her login information, which he proceeded to use as part of everything else listed. Her UID was banned, although she herself was not.

She's come back, btw, as TULIP.

Like the Joker, his ego got the better of him.

I can't believe you missed all this!
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 11:37:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Oh, I missed/forgot that Airmax had edited his post to include the bit about Sola already.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 11:41:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
But I liked Apron. :(
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 11:45:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 11:41:57 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
But I liked Apron. :(

Don't forget the whole "I'll vote for you if you vote for me" bullsh!t he pulled on me!
Thank you for voting!
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 11:50:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 11:34:18 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/10/2013 11:21:12 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 6/10/2013 11:20:18 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/10/2013 11:19:32 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I feel like the Joker if he lost Batman. Who am I supposed to fight with now?

Considering the circumstances of his leaving, I think he's more the Joker to your Batman.

What were the circumstances?

You really don't know?!

Holy crap dude.

Okay:

His whole little castle started crumbling when he created a debate in which he cheated. In a debate with DakotaKrafic he circumvented the character limit via images which were solely constructed of text. He wound up putting close to 18,000 words in these images. When he was called out on this, he deleted the images so that they were broken links on the debate, and tried to claim that it was just a small amount of words, while never actually refuting the text, which Dakota posted.

http://www.debate.org...

A bit of a truncated version of some of the details that Dakota objected to was:


At 5/15/2013 2:52:58 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

Apeiron exploited a loophole to bypass our debate's generous character limit of 8,000 by posting "pictures" that were nothing but paragraphs of text. This is that same argument, only with the paragraphs of text actually typed out instead of in picture format.

Apeiron objected to him exceeding the character limit by more than 1,000 so I posted this here to link to it from our debate so that everyone can see for themselves just how long it is. It's easy to copy/paste this now into a Word document and use "word count" see how many characters he used (close to 18,000!).

When voters took him to task over this, he became enraged, rhetorically frothing at the mouth and accusing everyone who thought cheating was a bad thing of being dishonest. In general, site moderation stayed out, letting the community discuss the matter. However, as part of this rage of his, some shady things he'd been managing to keep under the radar got noticed, which caused scrutiny in his direction.

This was bad.

Once that scrutiny started, it revealed a depth of dishonesty and bad faith that extended far beyond anything that had been known before from him:

There's a post about it in the DDO forum from Airmax, once the dust settled a bit from it all:

http://www.debate.org...

At 5/22/2013 8:45:35 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Because of the extent of the infractions by a visible and known member who's contributions were, I thought, generally positive, I felt it would be prudent to make this announcement as members have been contacting me and asking about it. I considered delaying until my Friday admin update, but for the sake of full disclosure decided it was best just to let members know now.

(Just a side note, I generally don't announce temp-bans like this. I give those members a heads up about it and they can decide whether to post a thread about how they are being temp-banned and complain/agree about it as they see fit or say something publicly afterwards, though it's up to them. But otherwise, since the consequence is the temp-ban itself, and not any form of public shaming, I don't generally feel it's appropriate. This thread also isn't about public shaming, but being open with the community when these things happen, about conduct damaging to the site, and what types of conduct are not acceptable.)

...

Apeiron has been banned for the following site conduct violations:

*Multi accounting
*Multi voting
*Multi account vote bombing
*Multi account self voting (Alt voting)
*Multi debating
*Retributive voting

The following accounts were Apeiron Multi accounts:

Reason Alliance
Anthra Sight
Anaxa
Sola.Gratia ***(Edit: Sola was not originally an Apeiron multi, but a unique and sincere member who left the site. Apeiron gained access to her account and used it as his own)***

The following 5 accounts were created by Apeiron specifically to votebomb in favor of himself on this debate:

http://www.debate.org...

Gustav
LucyLucy
TomCruise
HillmanYusuf111
HelpFindingBooks306

The following accounts were Apeirons former accounts, all banned a year ago for multi accounting and alt voting:

WXgeo
Jru
PSR

Apeiron has been permanently banned from DDO for threatening the integrity of the site and the legitimacy of debate results.

It was discovered later that Sola.Gratia was not originally a multi-account. Rather, she was a user who had left the site (not sure if she intended the absence to be permanent, or just wasn't coming around as much). For unkonwn reasons, she gave Apeiron her login information, which he proceeded to use as part of everything else listed. Her UID was banned, although she herself was not.

She's come back, btw, as TULIP.

Like the Joker, his ego got the better of him.

I can't believe you missed all this!

I was aware about the controversy surrounding his debate with Dakota, however I had no idea that there was a direct link between that and his departure. The fact he deleted the pictures so one could not count the characters is shady. Also, the fact that he had 4 accounts is extremely surprising as well.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 12:00:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 11:52:09 AM, drafterman wrote:
https://www.debate.org...

Hahah

This is all too funny. I just read the thread posted by bladerunner, and seeing him pretend to be a girl and speak like a ditz floored me!
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 1:43:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 12:04:56 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
The man even had debates with himself Lmao.

Where?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 1:56:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"(If Occum's Razor is smiling at Apeiron's argument like he said, then it must be giving my argument head or something.)"
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 2:16:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 1:43:21 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 6/10/2013 12:04:56 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
The man even had debates with himself Lmao.

Where?

http://www.debate.org...
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 2:24:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 1:56:07 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
"(If Occum's Razor is smiling at Apeiron's argument like he said, then it must be giving my argument head or something.)"

Okay, FAR be it from me to give crap for someone's typos, I make PLENTY of my own.

But "Occum's Razor" makes me think it's a porn title for philosophy nerds.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 2:25:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 2:24:53 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/10/2013 1:56:07 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
"(If Occum's Razor is smiling at Apeiron's argument like he said, then it must be giving my argument head or something.)"

Okay, FAR be it from me to give crap for someone's typos, I make PLENTY of my own.

But "Occum's Razor" makes me think it's a porn title for philosophy nerds.

And I suppose it was less "typo" than "pun". But those are JUST AS BAD!!
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 2:39:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 2:25:32 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/10/2013 2:24:53 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/10/2013 1:56:07 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
"(If Occum's Razor is smiling at Apeiron's argument like he said, then it must be giving my argument head or something.)"

Okay, FAR be it from me to give crap for someone's typos, I make PLENTY of my own.

But "Occum's Razor" makes me think it's a porn title for philosophy nerds.

And I suppose it was less "typo" than "pun". But those are JUST AS BAD!!

Oc cum on, those are not "just as bad". Bad attempt at a pun of their pun, ish.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 2:51:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 2:16:42 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 6/10/2013 1:43:21 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 6/10/2013 12:04:56 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
The man even had debates with himself Lmao.

Where?

http://www.debate.org...

"I thank Apeiron for this most interesting debate. Indeed I've watched how and what Apeiron debates on this site and have been very impressed by his method and his skill in showing the reasonableness of his views. Indeed I think that Apeiron is quite easily one of the top debaters on this site. And I wish I had him as a student in my logic class! "

Too kind.

...

"Wow, I may have taken on more than I can handle against a philosopher of science! Let's see.. "

I can imagine you have.

...

"Conclusion

Apeiron put forth a powerful case but I think he's still got some more work to do, but I'm running out of time! "


Who's running out of time, you, or Apeiron?

" *I concede the debate, vote for Pro, he's obviously won."

Obviously.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 2:59:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 11:41:57 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
But I liked Apron. :(

It's a loss for DDO, but that's justice!
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 3:07:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 2:59:57 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/10/2013 11:41:57 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
But I liked Apron. :(

It's a loss for DDO, but that's justice!

In what sense is it a "loss" to have someone who was abusive, hypocritical, and dishonest be gone?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 3:10:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It was pretty common knowledge that he was Reason_ Alliance (at least to some of us) and a few others for like a year but the scope of the multi accounts was still a bit surprising.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 3:31:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 3:07:09 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/10/2013 2:59:57 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/10/2013 11:41:57 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
But I liked Apron. :(

It's a loss for DDO, but that's justice!

In what sense is it a "loss" to have someone who was abusive, hypocritical, and dishonest be gone?

He seemed smarter than me. I can't believe an Apron could talk circles around me.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 3:32:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 3:10:12 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
It was pretty common knowledge that he was Reason_ Alliance (at least to some of us) and a few others for like a year but the scope of the multi accounts was still a bit surprising.

Accomplice, to the yard!
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
TULIP
Posts: 398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 3:35:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why is this put under religion?? Just curious. But thanks for those of you who cleared things out with the others about me. If you go onto my profile I pretty much explained what happened in my "about me" tab..
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 3:43:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 3:32:01 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 6/10/2013 3:10:12 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
It was pretty common knowledge that he was Reason_ Alliance (at least to some of us) and a few others for like a year but the scope of the multi accounts was still a bit surprising.

Accomplice, to the yard!

Lol! Nah, several of us have brought it up several times but we were a) ignored or b) not taken seriously. *shrug* It is what is.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 3:43:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 11:45:42 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 6/10/2013 11:41:57 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
But I liked Apron. :(

Don't forget the whole "I'll vote for you if you vote for me" bullsh!t he pulled on me!

Didn't you get banned for agreeing with him then you both started voting for each other?

...correct me if I'm wrong.
Nolite Timere