Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:09:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
explanation on what a Cell or 'Class' is can be found in this other thread I made to simply talk about them http://www.debate.org...

He I want to actually see if we can make one here on DDO. it takes at least 10 christian members preferably. although 12 like the apostles would be preferred.

If I get at least 10 people to sign up and you are one of them I will send you all a group PM were we can talk about what our different church pastors preached on that week and you know how we can apply to lessons from it to life. The DDO christian Cell will also be an non-judgmental environment were we can confess any of our sins we have committed that week IF we want to, though such confessions will not be mandatory. What will be mandatory is those who sign up must be prepared to keep private such confessions among this group, to offer a loving forgiving environment were constructive suggestions on how to avoid or resist the temptations to that sin in the future, or just remind the christian brother or sister that there sins have been forgiven thanks to the power of the cross.

I have a few other idea's on how 10 or 12 of us could make use of this Cell for something more like a bible study, but for now to just see if this works it will be for us to talk about our preachers sermons and how to apply it to our life and the challenges to our spiritual walk that the last week has presented for us. I will probably send out the PM on Monday's, and it will be a new PM each week, discussion in any PM may continue for as long as any of us like until the new week's PM in sent.

So here is a sign up list you can copy and paste from.....

1) Marauder
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

in the unlikely event a lot more than 12 are interested, we will form either just one large 'Cell' or make 2 separate ones.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:41:59 PM
At 6/10/2013 10:09:07 PM, Marauder wrote:
explanation on what a Cell or 'Class' is can be found in this other thread I made to simply talk about them http://www.debate.org...

He I want to actually see if we can make one here on DDO. it takes at least 10 christian members preferably. although 12 like the apostles would be preferred.

If I get at least 10 people to sign up and you are one of them I will send you all a group PM were we can talk about what our different church pastors preached on that week and you know how we can apply to lessons from it to life. The DDO christian Cell will also be an non-judgmental environment were we can confess any of our sins we have committed that week IF we want to, though such confessions will not be mandatory. What will be mandatory is those who sign up must be prepared to keep private such confessions among this group, to offer a loving forgiving environment were constructive suggestions on how to avoid or resist the temptations to that sin in the future, or just remind the christian brother or sister that there sins have been forgiven thanks to the power of the cross.

I have a few other idea's on how 10 or 12 of us could make use of this Cell for something more like a bible study, but for now to just see if this works it will be for us to talk about our preachers sermons and how to apply it to our life and the challenges to our spiritual walk that the last week has presented for us. I will probably send out the PM on Monday's, and it will be a new PM each week, discussion in any PM may continue for as long as any of us like until the new week's PM in sent.

1) Marauder
2) Tulip
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

in the unlikely event a lot more than 12 are interested, we will form either just one large 'Cell' or make 2 separate ones.
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 1:24:21 AM
I'm gonna do you a real big favor:

Name it something, anything, other than a "[religious term] cell."

May as well call yourself NAMBLA.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 2:20:44 AM
At 6/11/2013 1:24:21 AM, Wnope wrote:

Stem cell?

Prison cell?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 2:32:30 AM
At 6/11/2013 2:20:44 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

Stem cell?

Prison cell?

It's the "cell" bit.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 3:02:00 AM

1) Marauder
2) Harbinger
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 5:11:09 AM

First thing I though; christian terrorist group.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 5:15:14 AM
I really have no cell or class, I am simply Christian, my class is Bible believer.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 9:05:34 AM
At 6/11/2013 2:32:30 AM, Wnope wrote:
At 6/11/2013 2:20:44 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

Stem cell?

Prison cell?

It's the "cell" bit.

They should definitely call themselves Stem Cell.

May the best man win!
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 9:23:18 AM

Hah!

Seriously though, you can't just go around comparing Christian groups to sinister organisations of manipulative paedophiles.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 9:42:00 AM
At 6/11/2013 9:23:18 AM, Graincruncher wrote:

Hah!

Seriously though, you can't just go around comparing Christian groups to sinister organisations of manipulative paedophiles.

Yeah, save that for the Catholics.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 10:35:58 AM
You could have a problem with about any name I choose if I did divide to call it something other than a Cell. I didn't want to call it s Class partly because we think of a class as something like a course you take in school, and partly because Adam Hamilton has it called a Cell at his church of the Resurrection in Topeka Kansas where he successfully employs the Wesleyan Class system. So I'm going to stick with Cell. I didn't make up the system so I'm going to stick with preexisting names for it.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 11:25:09 AM

Or cult.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 1:10:08 PM

Hah!

Yeah, that would be unfair to the paedophiles.

Just kidding :)
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 11:07:59 PM
Bump

fishing for a few more to sign up. or maybe at least a few Christians to actually talk about why they are not interested as opposed to atheist looking for ways to mock the name of the thing with absolutely nothing to say about the actual concept of the Cell/Class system itself.

this is a good idea people, and when I show you how well it works maybe you will want to try starting one in your own church.

then the next great awakening will begin.

A Scout is Obedient.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 11:11:09 PM
At 6/11/2013 11:07:59 PM, Marauder wrote:
Bump

fishing for a few more to sign up. or maybe at least a few Christians to actually talk about why they are not interested as opposed to atheist looking for ways to mock the name of the thing with absolutely nothing to say about the actual concept of the Cell/Class system itself.

this is a good idea people, and when I show you how well it works maybe you will want to try starting one in your own church.

We could begin and just add those who want to join later.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 11:13:30 PM
Bump

So says the new messiah.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 11:35:34 PM
At 6/11/2013 11:11:09 PM, Harbinger wrote:
Bump

I will begin with the small group we already have signed up but I will wait until next Monday for the first offical PM I send for it. Next Sunday at church be prepared to remember the topic of pastors sermon so you can talk about it the next day here on DDO.

I have a slight advantage in that respect because even if I don't pay attention real good I can still talk about it in detail a day later because my pastor usually post her sermons on her blog 'walking beside the boat'.

A Scout is Obedient.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 11:41:51 PM
At 6/11/2013 11:35:34 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 6/11/2013 11:11:09 PM, Harbinger wrote:
Bump

I will begin with the small group we already have signed up but I will wait until next Monday for the first offical PM I send for it. Next Sunday at church be prepared to remember the topic of pastors sermon so you can talk about it the next day here on DDO.

I have a slight advantage in that respect because even if I don't pay attention real good I can still talk about it in detail a day later because my pastor usually post her sermons on her blog 'walking beside the boat'.

I do not trust most churches today and I have chosen Pastors online that I feel teaches the real Word. I have many groups that are engaged with Pastors. So, I also have messages online that I can give to the group.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 11:52:43 PM

Hah!

My problem isn't with the content of the organization. It's just a fact about the implications of the name.

Ever hear of a terrorist cell?

Jihadist cell?

It opens them up to criticism and mockery the same way naming yourself "NAMBLA" would.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 11:54:40 PM
Bump

"A cell leader working towards a great awakening for the masses."

I quit.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 1:13:13 AM
At 6/11/2013 11:54:40 PM, Wnope wrote:
Bump

I quit.

Hallelujah! Lead the way, Stem Cell!

May the best man win!
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 4:05:13 AM
At 6/11/2013 11:52:43 PM, Wnope wrote:
My problem isn't with the content of the organization. It's just a fact about the implications of the name.

Ever hear of a terrorist cell?

Jihadist cell?

It opens them up to criticism and mockery the same way naming yourself "NAMBLA" would.

I feel my jibe at the Catholic church may have been overlooked.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 8:59:48 AM
Bump

I quit.

your an idiot. everyone knows 'the great awakening' is the name they give for several time periods in history when there has been large revivals in the christian faith across the country. you might as well be trying to paint John Wesley as a terrorist leader in his own time which is inherently ridiculous.

seriously this is just a sign up page for Christians to sign up on if there interested in giving John Wesley and Adam Hamilton's methods for spiritual growth a try. It's not relevant to atheist and contrary to your beliefs we don't care what you think about it. stop posting on this page, your coming close to crossing the line between 'quick heckle for my own amusement' to 'troll'.

A Scout is Obedient.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:10:09 AM
At 6/12/2013 8:59:48 AM, Marauder wrote:
Bump

I quit.

your an idiot. everyone knows 'the great awakening' is the name they give for several time periods in history when there has been large revivals in the christian faith across the country. you might as well be trying to paint John Wesley as a terrorist leader in his own time which is inherently ridiculous.

seriously this is just a sign up page for Christians to sign up on if there interested in giving John Wesley and Adam Hamilton's methods for spiritual growth a try. It's not relevant to atheist and contrary to your beliefs we don't care what you think about it. stop posting on this page, your coming close to crossing the line between 'quick heckle for my own amusement' to 'troll'.

This would be the history of the USA I take it? Well that's a long long time..........lots of tradition to call on there. Who is they, btw?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:18:48 AM
At 6/12/2013 9:10:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/12/2013 8:59:48 AM, Marauder wrote:
Bump

I quit.

This would be the history of the USA I take it? Well that's a long long time..........lots of tradition to call on there. Who is they, btw?

http://lmgtfy.com...

A Scout is Obedient.