Jump to topic:

God Hates Faggs

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 12:49:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Do you? This book The Bible, which Christinas themselves admit is extremely flawed, says so. Must be true.

Homosexuals are "dysfunctions" according to this dude. Silly God created too many homosexual species [http://www.news-medical.net...].

Also if you love yourself, you're practicing self-idolatry and you'll end up gay. This is beyond incompetent. Invent a new word for what it is.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 1:03:35 AM
There are all kinds of nuts out there that believe stupid things about homosexuality. There are even a few on this site...
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 1:14:09 AM
At 6/11/2013 12:49:18 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Do you? This book The Bible, which Christinas themselves admit is extremely flawed, says so. Must be true.

Homosexuals are "dysfunctions" according to this dude. Silly God created too many homosexual species [http://www.news-medical.net...].

Also if you love yourself, you're practicing self-idolatry and you'll end up gay. This is beyond incompetent. Invent a new word for what it is.

Because you don't agree? Or because its offensive to you?
Why is this incompetent?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 1:25:33 AM
Also, why is titled "God hates faggs"?

It seems to me that Piper was pretty clearly incorporating all sin under equal condemnation to homosexuality. Meaning, homosexuals are no worse or better then a man and woman who have pre-marital sex (me and many others), or liars, or theives, or idolaters.

He never says the word "fagg" and his tone is empathetic, not hateful.
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 3:00:52 AM
God loves us all. Homosexuals included.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 2:02:18 PM
At 6/11/2013 1:14:09 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Why is this incompetent?

Because saying that 'if someone loves himself/herself, they are practicing self-idolatry and end up homosexual' is incompetent. It is a non-sequitur which defies all of what we do know about sexual orientation.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 2:26:16 PM
At 6/11/2013 2:02:18 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 6/11/2013 1:14:09 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Why is this incompetent?

Because saying that 'if someone loves himself/herself, they are practicing self-idolatry and end up homosexual' is incompetent. It is a non-sequitur which defies all of what we do know about sexual orientation.

Well thats not what he says. He says homosexuality can result from self-idolatry. He's not saying its certain.. since most of us, including him are probably self-idolizing in some way.

But, please share what we "do" know about sexual orientation, that contradicts what hes saying to the point of incompetence.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 2:50:09 PM
"In exchanging God for our most cherished idol, which is usually self, we are prone to fall in love with the same sex. So, same-sex attraction is a dysfunctional form of idolatry."
-John Piper

That is fvcktarded. Biological factors and environment shape homosexuality.
[http://theconversation.com...]
[http://www.narth.com...]
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 2:52:25 PM
At 6/11/2013 1:03:35 AM, YYW wrote:
There are all kinds of nuts out there that believe stupid things about homosexuality. There are even a few on this site...

I wish there was a tagging feature on this site lol.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 3:33:57 PM
At 6/11/2013 2:50:09 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
"In exchanging God for our most cherished idol, which is usually self, we are prone to fall in love with the same sex. So, same-sex attraction is a dysfunctional form of idolatry."
-John Piper

That is fvcktarded. Biological factors and environment shape homosexuality.
[http://theconversation.com...]
[http://www.narth.com...]

It's not fvcktarded, it makes sense.

So do those links, in a way, but even the authors aren't as dishonest as you're being. They at least understand that it hasn't been proven, and there needs to be a lot more research done.

You're making it sound like those links are asserting facts, when they aren't, self admittedly...

Piper could very well be wrong, but those links didn't make a whole lot more sense then he did.
SovereignDream
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 6:08:46 PM

I don't think that seeing homosexuality as a privation is anything at all controversial. Homosexuality is simply a failure to conform to an ideal, not at all different in kind to, say pedophilia, or being born clubfoot or being born with a predisposition to alcoholism. Yet we seem to have no problem identifying pedophilia, clubfoot, predisposition to alcoholism, etc., as privations or, colloquially, as "defects".

That said, I don't think that a person being homosexual is immoral just as I don't think that, say, being born clubfooted is "immoral" or that being born with a predisposition to alcoholism is immoral. They are "bad" insofar as they are privations, but they are not immoral per se. What I would consider immoral, however, would be to act upon these urges. The homosexual act is no less immoral, as I see it, as acting upon one's pedophillic urges, or alcoholic urges.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:00:15 PM
At 6/11/2013 6:08:46 PM, SovereignDream wrote:

I don't think that seeing homosexuality as a privation is anything at all controversial. Homosexuality is simply a failure to conform to an ideal, not at all different in kind to, say pedophilia, or being born clubfoot or being born with a predisposition to alcoholism. Yet we seem to have no problem identifying pedophilia, clubfoot, predisposition to alcoholism, etc., as privations or, colloquially, as "defects".

That said, I don't think that a person being homosexual is immoral just as I don't think that, say, being born clubfooted is "immoral" or that being born with a predisposition to alcoholism is immoral. They are "bad" insofar as they are privations, but they are not immoral per se. What I would consider immoral, however, would be to act upon these urges. The homosexual act is no less immoral, as I see it, as acting upon one's pedophillic urges, or alcoholic urges.

I used to have respect for you. If you think comparing homosexuality is comparable to pedophilia, then I think you may have a "defect". Children are not smart enough to make the right choices, a grown man is. Thus, a man taking advantage of a little boy or girl is in no way on the same page as homosexuality. This is a radical, insensitive, and disgusting view you are holding. You truly should be ashamed of your last post.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:03:15 PM
At 6/11/2013 7:00:15 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 6/11/2013 6:08:46 PM, SovereignDream wrote:

I used to have respect for you. If you think comparing homosexuality is comparable to pedophilia, then I think you may have a "defect". Children are not smart enough to make the right choices, a grown man is. Thus, a man taking advantage of a little boy or girl is in no way on the same page as homosexuality. This is a radical, insensitive, and disgusting view you are holding. You truly should be ashamed of your last post.

Nor would I put alcoholism on the same moral level as pedophilia, but I think SD ranks all sins as equal. Christians tend to do that for some reason.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:04:25 PM
SovereignDream is off his rocker. He was probably just high or something; no rational thinking person would type what he typed.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:09:14 PM
At 6/11/2013 7:04:25 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
SovereignDream is off his rocker. He was probably just high or something; no rational thinking person would type what he typed.

I think what he typed here was on par with the rest of what he types on the subject. This isn't the first time he's condemned homosexuality or compared it to alcoholism/pedophilia.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:17:47 PM
At 6/11/2013 7:09:14 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 6/11/2013 7:04:25 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

I think what he typed here was on par with the rest of what he types on the subject. This isn't the first time he's condemned homosexuality or compared it to alcoholism/pedophilia.

His stance is just untenable. I would love to see him get laws passed that make homosexuality illegal and on the same page as pedophilia. This not just a radical stance SD is proposing, but one that is just simply completely outrageous.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:19:12 PM
At 6/11/2013 3:00:52 AM, Harbinger wrote:
God loves us all. Homosexuals included.

Do you have a verse for this claim ? that God loves all of us? or you're just saying ?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:20:29 PM

If they claim the bible is flawed they are wrong, and most definitely not Christian, simple as.

God doesn't hate homosexuals, he just hates what they do and wishes they would stop.

Oh I've heard all the "I can't help what I am" and "You can't help who you fall in love with" rubbish. we are what we make ourselves by the decisions we make along the way.

So you fancy a man? So what, I fancy flying but I'll be blowed if I am going to jump off a roof to try it.

I quite fancy a kebab right now, but I wouldn't get one if I could because I have eaten enough to day.

It is true that you cannot always control who you fancy, male or female, but that's lust not love. You can, and should, choose who you fall in love with, if you have any wisdom about you. If you don;t think you should love them walk away.

Yes it takes strength, but doing the right thing always did,

It is the opposite of self indulgence.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:22:10 PM
At 6/11/2013 7:20:29 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

If they claim the bible is flawed they are wrong, and most definitely not Christian, simple as.

God doesn't hate homosexuals, he just hates what they do and wishes they would stop.

Oh I've heard all the "I can't help what I am" and "You can't help who you fall in love with" rubbish. we are what we make ourselves by the decisions we make along the way.

So you fancy a man? So what, I fancy flying but I'll be blowed if I am going to jump off a roof to try it.

I quite fancy a kebab right now, but I wouldn't get one if I could because I have eaten enough to day.

It is true that you cannot always control who you fancy, male or female, but that's lust not love. You can, and should, choose who you fall in love with, if you have any wisdom about you. If you don;t think you should love them walk away.

Yes it takes strength, but doing the right thing always did,

It is the opposite of self indulgence.

What makes having relations with a man more immoral than relations with a female? It is the EXACT same in the moral level.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:23:22 PM
@sovereign, ill debate you on whether or not homosexuality is immoral.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:28:30 PM
At 6/11/2013 7:23:22 PM, Noumena wrote:

What is morality ?!
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:31:48 PM
At 6/11/2013 7:28:30 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

What is morality ?!

http://lmgtfy.com...

The above link will help you loads!
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:35:09 PM
At 6/11/2013 7:31:48 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

What is morality ?!

http://lmgtfy.com...

The above link will help you loads!

I'm asking him, you can answer for him but you need to put it on the table, what you beleive is morality! not what wiki says some folk say.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 7:54:33 PM

What is morality ?!

Read our debate to find out!
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 8:10:26 PM

On a horizontal level, I would agree with you. But, in Gods eyes, sh*t is sh*t, no matter what color or how bad it stinks.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 8:18:54 PM
At 6/11/2013 8:10:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

On a horizontal level, I would agree with you. But, in Gods eyes, sh*t is sh*t, no matter what color or how bad it stinks.

Some sh*t is worse than other sh*t.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 8:23:36 PM
At 6/11/2013 8:18:54 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

On a horizontal level, like i said, i would agree.

I don't mind homosexuals at all, pedophiles..mmm.. not so much.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 8:25:21 PM
At 6/11/2013 8:23:36 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

What does "on a horizontal level" mean? On a rational level? On a moral level?
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 8:28:20 PM
At 6/11/2013 8:25:21 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 6/11/2013 8:23:36 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

What does "on a horizontal level" mean? On a rational level? On a moral level?

His "horizontal level" had be confused as well.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 8:32:23 PM
On a human level.

My imperfect, self-centered opinion, is that pedophiles are twisted.