Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Question about Noah!

bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 6:45:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?

Well pigs have their own importance and their own place in creation. Why do think pigs should not exist?
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 6:54:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 6:45:58 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?

Well pigs have their own importance and their own place in creation. Why do think pigs should not exist?
It's not me who thinks that. Allegedly it is your god the creator of UNCLEAN pigs. Why don't you ask him why he thinks pigs are UNCLEAN? While your at it ask him what UNCLEAN means and try not to use the etch-a-sketch?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 7:25:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
pigs are unclean for Jews exclusively to eat. Could it be that your philosophy is that an animal species is worthless if Jews cannot eat it?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 7:28:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 7:25:47 AM, Smithereens wrote:
pigs are unclean for Jews exclusively to eat. Could it be that your philosophy is that an animal species is worthless if Jews cannot eat it?

^ what he said.
Also, this is more of a question about pigs, or rather God's behavior, than it is about Noah .
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 7:33:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 7:25:47 AM, Smithereens wrote:
pigs are unclean for Jews exclusively to eat. Could it be that your philosophy is that an animal species is worthless if Jews cannot eat it?
So the majority of the bible is thrown out because it only applies to ancient Israelites? Is this your argument.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 7:35:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 7:28:54 AM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 6/12/2013 7:25:47 AM, Smithereens wrote:
pigs are unclean for Jews exclusively to eat. Could it be that your philosophy is that an animal species is worthless if Jews cannot eat it?

^ what he said.
Also, this is more of a question about pigs, or rather God's behavior, than it is about Noah .
The title should never disclose the plot.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 7:37:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 7:30:00 AM, PrivateEye wrote:
I think we should wait to hear from Harbinger's god on the matter.
Exactly so, unless another brave soul where care to contribute. Muslims are included of course because they claim to have an authentic and original version of the Torah.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 7:52:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?

Everything God created has a place in the ecosystem that is this planet. Just because we don;t understand it, does not mean it isn't true.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 8:00:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 7:52:38 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?

Everything God created has a place in the ecosystem that is this planet. Just because we don;t understand it, does not mean it isn't true.
How did it take until post# 10 to get:?
God works in mysterious ways
pmsl
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:10:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?

He didn't create them to be eaten. We needed something to clean up the garbage. They serve their purpose.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:15:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 9:10:38 AM, Suqua wrote:
At 6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?

He didn't create them to be eaten. We needed something to clean up the garbage. They serve their purpose.
How many pigs do you have cleaning up your garbage? How many pig farmers do you know? Do any of them feed their pigs garbage? Aren't goats also said to be garbage eaters? Aren't goats "clean" animals?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:28:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?

pig's were natures garbage can. they have actually used pigs before in the past the clean up the sewage in New York's streets or sewers by letting the pigs eat it. God created several animals to help clean stuff up.

God would later command the nation of Israel to not eat pig's because he did not intend for his people to eat natures garbage can. there are still Christian's today I know who have made a pretty good case from a pure health perspective talking about how god did not intend for us to each the garbage cans to continue not eating pork even though the New Testament say's it's okay to now if we want to eat pig.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:46:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 9:28:41 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?

pig's were natures garbage can. they have actually used pigs before in the past the clean up the sewage in New York's streets or sewers by letting the pigs eat it. God created several animals to help clean stuff up.

God would later command the nation of Israel to not eat pig's because he did not intend for his people to eat natures garbage can. there are still Christian's today I know who have made a pretty good case from a pure health perspective talking about how god did not intend for us to each the garbage cans to continue not eating pork even though the New Testament say's it's okay to now if we want to eat pig.

Natures garbage can for man? WT....
So pigs were already domesticated before adam named them?
Don't goats eat your garbage as well?
Are goats unclean?
God forgot that he was going to declare pigs unclean a thousand years after he saved them?
Do you HONESTLY believe any of this?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Gordontrek
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 10:07:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 9:46:35 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/12/2013 9:28:41 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?

pig's were natures garbage can. they have actually used pigs before in the past the clean up the sewage in New York's streets or sewers by letting the pigs eat it. God created several animals to help clean stuff up.

God would later command the nation of Israel to not eat pig's because he did not intend for his people to eat natures garbage can. there are still Christian's today I know who have made a pretty good case from a pure health perspective talking about how god did not intend for us to each the garbage cans to continue not eating pork even though the New Testament say's it's okay to now if we want to eat pig.

Natures garbage can for man? WT....
So pigs were already domesticated before adam named them?
Don't goats eat your garbage as well?
Are goats unclean?
God forgot that he was going to declare pigs unclean a thousand years after he saved them?
Do you HONESTLY believe any of this?

I personally don't know about the "natural garbage can" thing. But to give an answer here...
"So pigs were already domesticated before adam named them?"
So what if they were? How would that present an argument in your favor in the first place?
"Don't goats eat your garbage as well?"
No. Have you ever been to a farm? They will eat garbage if they want to, but they usually don't and won't unless somebody makes them.
"God forgot that he was going to declare pigs unclean a thousand years after he saved them?"
I think some clarification is needed here. Pigs may have been "nature's garbage can," but in all honesty it's a new one on me. If they were used for that purpose then it would only make sense to declare them unclean. But the main reason for declaring them so was: in the times of Ancient Israel, there was no effective method for thoroughly cooking pork, so even if you did have a "non-garbage-can" pig, there was no way to cook it well enough to kill all of the dangerous bacteria.
Just some food for thought, if you'll pardon the pun.
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 10:14:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 9:28:41 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?

pig's were natures garbage can. they have actually used pigs before in the past the clean up the sewage in New York's streets or sewers by letting the pigs eat it. God created several animals to help clean stuff up.

God would later command the nation of Israel to not eat pig's because he did not intend for his people to eat natures garbage can. there are still Christian's today I know who have made a pretty good case from a pure health perspective talking about how god did not intend for us to each the garbage cans to continue not eating pork even though the New Testament say's it's okay to now if we want to eat pig.

Ok, show me one. Oh lets talk about Acts 10! Make sure you read all, all, all of Acts chapter 10. Thanks!
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 10:22:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 10:07:00 AM, Gordontrek wrote:
At 6/12/2013 9:46:35 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/12/2013 9:28:41 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?

pig's were natures garbage can. they have actually used pigs before in the past the clean up the sewage in New York's streets or sewers by letting the pigs eat it. God created several animals to help clean stuff up.

God would later command the nation of Israel to not eat pig's because he did not intend for his people to eat natures garbage can. there are still Christian's today I know who have made a pretty good case from a pure health perspective talking about how god did not intend for us to each the garbage cans to continue not eating pork even though the New Testament say's it's okay to now if we want to eat pig.

Natures garbage can for man? WT....
So pigs were already domesticated before adam named them?
Don't goats eat your garbage as well?
Are goats unclean?
God forgot that he was going to declare pigs unclean a thousand years after he saved them?
Do you HONESTLY believe any of this?

I personally don't know about the "natural garbage can" thing. But to give an answer here...
"So pigs were already domesticated before adam named them?"
So what if they were? How would that present an argument in your favor in the first place?
"Don't goats eat your garbage as well?"
No. Have you ever been to a farm? They will eat garbage if they want to, but they usually don't and won't unless somebody makes them.
"God forgot that he was going to declare pigs unclean a thousand years after he saved them?"
I think some clarification is needed here. Pigs may have been "nature's garbage can," but in all honesty it's a new one on me. If they were used for that purpose then it would only make sense to declare them unclean. But the main reason for declaring them so was: in the times of Ancient Israel, there was no effective method for thoroughly cooking pork, so even if you did have a "non-garbage-can" pig, there was no way to cook it well enough to kill all of the dangerous bacteria.
Just some food for thought, if you'll pardon the pun.
No, I see and thank you for supporting my contention.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 11:03:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 9:46:35 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/12/2013 9:28:41 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?

pig's were natures garbage can. they have actually used pigs before in the past the clean up the sewage in New York's streets or sewers by letting the pigs eat it. God created several animals to help clean stuff up.

God would later command the nation of Israel to not eat pig's because he did not intend for his people to eat natures garbage can. there are still Christian's today I know who have made a pretty good case from a pure health perspective talking about how god did not intend for us to each the garbage cans to continue not eating pork even though the New Testament say's it's okay to now if we want to eat pig.

Natures garbage can for man? WT....
So pigs were already domesticated before adam named them?
Don't goats eat your garbage as well?
Are goats unclean?
God forgot that he was going to declare pigs unclean a thousand years after he saved them?
Do you HONESTLY believe any of this?

How do you come up with this stuff? Read Gen before the flood. What kind of animals did he bring in the ark, by 2's, by 7's?
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 11:33:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?

Why the platypus or an aardvark?? Why the venus flytrap or a magnolia tree?? Why distant stars and galaxies that will never be any use to us??

All of creation is to glorify, and show the majesty of the creator, and should inspire awe in us.

Romans 1:20...For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 4:40:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/12/2013 5:57:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why did god tell Noah to save the pigs, or further why did god create pigs? But once he had a chance to get rid of them he didn't, what's that about?

What would be the point of exterminating them ?making your life easier ?! I guess he left them cause pigs are better than disbelievers.