Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Best Theist and Atheist debater on DDO?

Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 10:36:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/14/2013 10:14:24 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Atheist: unitedandy

Theist: inquiretruth

It is funny you say this, because I was debating in my head between InquireTruth and Contradiction, along with Unitedandy and WriterDave.
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 4:47:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Too many good ones for me to just choose one, but here are some old threads on similar topics:
http://www.debate.org... - Top Debaters
http://www.debate.org... - who are the best debaters for religion
http://www.debate.org... - Best example of a theist & atheist debate
http://www.debate.org... - The Greatest Debates on DDO: includes Theism vs Atheism section.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 5:03:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I wish I was :/

Atheist:
IDK, don't know them that well

Theist:
Nur-Ab-Sal or Philcristos
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 5:12:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
contradiction, really?

He tried to circumvent the is-ought problem by begging the question.

Just because he made himself the poster child for bigots looking for an articulate leader doesn't mean his arguments were good.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 5:22:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/14/2013 5:12:23 PM, 000ike wrote:
contradiction, really?

He tried to circumvent the is-ought problem by begging the question.

Just because he made himself the poster child for bigots looking for an articulate leader doesn't mean his arguments were good.

We don't really judge who's a 'good' debater by whether we always agree with their arguments. Other things are taken into account, such as persuasiveness, understanding of arguments, strategic considerations in debate, opponent selection, record/win ratio in light of opponent selection, etc. I wouldn't say yer a BAD debater just because you argued against discourse ethics. Of course I think Contradiction is immensely overrated as a debater so, while I think yer methodology is misguided, I still agree with yer conclusion.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 6:49:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/14/2013 5:03:42 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
I wish I was :/

Atheist:
IDK, don't know them that well

Theist:
Nur-Ab-Sal or Philcristos

Read a WriterDave or Unitedandy debate. They are extremely good debaters for the Atheist camp.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 8:26:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What's the scope of the question. Are you asking who the best debaters on the site are on the existence of God or on topics regarding religion in general?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2013 1:04:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/14/2013 5:03:42 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
Theist:
Nur-Ab-Sal or Philcristos

YEAH GO THEISM
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2013 4:25:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Atheist - RoyLatham

Theist- KRFournier
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2013 11:59:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/15/2013 11:10:33 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 6/15/2013 4:25:13 AM, Harbinger wrote:
Atheist - RoyLatham

Theist- KRFournier

Yes, those two are very good debaters.

Honestly those were the first couple peoples debates I have read on here and since then I seen few more of theirs. I disagree with Roy on most of everything he debated I have seen but he is respectful and well spoken.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
unitedandy
Posts: 1,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 5:10:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If we were to have a top 5 of Religion debaters, it's arguable whether any atheist debaters would be in it.

PCP
Contradiction
KRF
InquireTruth
Apeiron
Philos

J.Kenyon's case for theism was great as well.

And others.

The two best on the atheist side are probably Thrasymachus and Freeman.
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 5:19:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Paul warned Timothy not to Argue Scripture. Thanks for not considering me a top Theist debater! I certainly don't Qualify!
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 9:22:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/16/2013 5:10:46 PM, unitedandy wrote:
If we were to have a top 5 of Religion debaters, it's arguable whether any atheist debaters would be in it.

PCP
Contradiction
KRF
InquireTruth
Apeiron
Philos

J.Kenyon's case for theism was great as well.

And others.

The two best on the atheist side are probably Thrasymachus and Freeman.

I think you are being overly modest. You are definitely up there...