Jump to topic:

Which Doctor?

question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2013 9:56:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Where is your faith if you have a religion, is your faith the doctor of medicine, or for the christian view Dr. Jesus? Or are you like the those that say Jesus works through doctors like doctor luke, but dont do miracles no more only in certain circumstances?

If you have any other belief other then christianity, what is your belief on this matter, do you trust in the miracles of your god, or medicine, or your god to use those people or do you believe in miracles at all? Or your god does not work healings and miracles all the time just some time to his followers in rare cases or none at all?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 4:01:34 AM
According to Islam, the one who heals is Allah alone, He causes healing.

The men (called doctors) or the medications we take are means that can cause healing if God allow it (nothing is beyond his control).

God can cause healing with or without medication, but the sick has the responsibility to treat himself, as much as the hungry has the responsibility to eat.

Prayer, charity, repentance and continuously asking forgiveness from God also can be means to receive healing form God ( even to sicknesses said to be incurable).

some quoting to support my claims:

Quran 27:

Is not He (best) Who made the earth a fixed abode, and placed rivers in the folds thereof, and placed firm hills therein, and hath set a barrier between the two seas? Is there any God beside Allah? Nay, but most of them know not! (61)

Is not He (best) Who answereth the wronged one when he crieth unto Him and removeth the evil, and hath made you viceroys of the earth? Is there any God beside Allah? Little do they reflect! (62)

Is not He (best) Who guideth you in the darkness of the land and the sea, He Who sendeth the winds as heralds of His mercy? Is there any God beside Allah? High Exalted be Allah from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him)! (63)

The bolden part includes in its meaning healing the sick.

Hadeeths:

http://sunnah.com...

Well you asked about miracles, we do believe in Miracles, namely that a person can Heal from a sickness even if the Doctors say the person can't. But we don't expect Miracles all the time, Allah is wise and knows when he does.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 5:08:17 AM
At 6/16/2013 4:01:34 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
According to Islam, the one who heals is Allah alone, He causes healing.

The men (called doctors) or the medications we take are means that can cause healing if God allow it (nothing is beyond his control).

God can cause healing with or without medication, but the sick has the responsibility to treat himself, as much as the hungry has the responsibility to eat.

Prayer, charity, repentance and continuously asking forgiveness from God also can be means to receive healing form God ( even to sicknesses said to be incurable).

some quoting to support my claims:

Quran 27:

Is not He (best) Who made the earth a fixed abode, and placed rivers in the folds thereof, and placed firm hills therein, and hath set a barrier between the two seas? Is there any God beside Allah? Nay, but most of them know not! (61)

Is not He (best) Who answereth the wronged one when he crieth unto Him and removeth the evil, and hath made you viceroys of the earth? Is there any God beside Allah? Little do they reflect! (62)

Is not He (best) Who guideth you in the darkness of the land and the sea, He Who sendeth the winds as heralds of His mercy? Is there any God beside Allah? High Exalted be Allah from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him)! (63)

The bolden part includes in its meaning healing the sick.

Hadeeths:

Well you asked about miracles, we do believe in Miracles, namely that a person can Heal from a sickness even if the Doctors say the person can't. But we don't expect Miracles all the time, Allah is wise and knows when he does.
Does Islam still use witch doctors?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 5:43:52 AM
At 6/16/2013 5:08:17 AM, bulproof wrote:

What are witch doctors? if it's sorcery then it never used it, if you claim Islam did then just show it.

But it does use natural remedies a lot, Honey, black seed, acupuncture, Zamzam water, barely and other things, and Muslims are encouraged to treat themselves, in parallel with Asking Allah to heal them.

Islam actually fights sorcery. anyone who believes a fortune teller (including astrology) has disbelieved according to Islam.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 6:10:55 AM
At 6/16/2013 5:43:52 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

What are witch doctors? if it's sorcery then it never used it, if you claim Islam did then just show it.

But it does use natural remedies a lot, Honey, black seed, acupuncture, Zamzam water, barely and other things, and Muslims are encouraged to treat themselves, in parallel with Asking Allah to heal them.

Islam actually fights sorcery. anyone who believes a fortune teller (including astrology) has disbelieved according to Islam.
Well that doesn't sound like witch doctors or sorcery, well apparently not to muslims. Perhaps you and medic could team up as MICA Para's.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 6:23:59 AM
At 6/15/2013 9:56:44 PM, question4u wrote:
Where is your faith if you have a religion, is your faith the doctor of medicine, or for the christian view Dr. Jesus? Or are you like the those that say Jesus works through doctors like doctor luke, but dont do miracles no more only in certain circumstances?

If you have any other belief other then christianity, what is your belief on this matter, do you trust in the miracles of your god, or medicine, or your god to use those people or do you believe in miracles at all? Or your god does not work healings and miracles all the time just some time to his followers in rare cases or none at all?

Ultimately my faith is in Christ and his Father.

However there is nothing to stop me making use of any medical services, with the constant rider that applies in all situations, that whatever is offered does not contravene God's requirement. If I have any doubt about that whatever, I will not accept the treatment.

That is after all what faith is about. The faith that whatever God asks of us, it is for our eternal benefit. Faith that even if we die we will be brought back into far better circumstances.

That is what God promises, and if we are not prepared to trust Him, why should we expect to receive it?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 6:26:28 AM
At 6/16/2013 6:10:55 AM, bulproof wrote:

Well that doesn't sound like witch doctors or sorcery, well apparently not to muslims. Perhaps you and medic could team up as MICA Para's.

You can always provide proofs for your claim and avoid looking like a conspirationistBut there are people considered Muslims (Muslims by culture) who do practice sorcery, but it still is forbidden in their faith!
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 6:30:58 AM
At 6/16/2013 6:26:28 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

You can always provide proofs for your claim and avoid looking like a conspirationistBut there are people considered Muslims (Muslims by culture) who do practice sorcery, but it still is forbidden in their faith!

It must be nice, believing in things like magic.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 7:01:30 AM
At 6/16/2013 6:23:59 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

However there is nothing to stop me making use of any medical services, with the constant rider that applies in all situations, that whatever is offered does not contravene God's requirement. If I have any doubt about that whatever, I will not accept the treatment.

That is after all what faith is about. The faith that whatever God asks of us, it is for our eternal benefit. Faith that even if we die we will be brought back into far better circumstances.

That is what God promises, and if we are not prepared to trust Him, why should we expect to receive it?
So you've never availed yourself of antibiotics? Good for you, stay strong.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 7:07:15 AM

You seem to have a problem with understanding what a claim is, it's almost exclusively the religious who do that on here. Make claims that is. Of course I'd be flabbergasted if even one of them had ever supported said claims.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 7:13:46 AM
At 6/16/2013 7:07:15 AM, bulproof wrote:

You seem to have a problem with understanding what a claim is, it's almost exclusively the religious who do that on here. Make claims that is. Of course I'd be flabbergasted if even one of them had ever supported said claims.

Didn't you claim Islam used doctor witches ? I actually never heard of that and didn't find anything about it, so I guess it's another rumour , unless you got proofs!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 8:07:02 AM
At 6/16/2013 7:13:46 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

Didn't you claim Islam used doctor witches ? I actually never heard of that and didn't find anything about it, so I guess it's another rumour , unless you got proofs!
Here.............I asked a question. In a text only format that is most commonly shown by the use of the "?" symbol at the conclusion of the question. I am unaware of any protocol that would make a sentence ending with "?" a claim. BTW my QUESTION was in regard to witch doctors, people who use Honey, black seed, acupuncture, Zamzam water, barely and other things to cure others of disease and afflictions.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 8:14:19 AM
At 6/16/2013 7:01:30 AM, bulproof wrote:

I don't see that antibiotics come under the heading of things not approved by God

Since Christians are under principle not law, it does give us a little more leeway in some senses than those under law have, however it also means we are more prone to our motivations being put under the microscope.

There is no problem about my staying strong I don't think. My reliance on God is still 100% despite all the setbacks I have had, and the opposition my beliefs have received. I just do all I can to remember that whatever I may be called upon to endure, Christ and the Apostles had multiplied many times over.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 8:24:00 AM
At 6/16/2013 8:14:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I don't see that antibiotics come under the heading of things not approved by God

Since Christians are under principle not law, it does give us a little more leeway in some senses than those under law have, however it also means we are more prone to our motivations being put under the microscope.

There is no problem about my staying strong I don't think. My reliance on God is still 100% despite all the setbacks I have had, and the opposition my beliefs have received. I just do all I can to remember that whatever I may be called upon to endure, Christ and the Apostles had multiplied many times over.
That is because you rely on ancient goatherds for knowledge. Antibiotics are EVOLUTION at work. I believe that according to you and many others who speak on your god's behalf claim that god is not happy with the ToE. Up to you.
EVOLUTION AT WORK=ANTIBIOTICS.
sorry to burst your bubble.................bullshite of course I'm not.....LOL
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 9:15:05 AM
At 6/16/2013 8:24:00 AM, bulproof wrote:

That is because you rely on ancient goatherds for knowledge. Antibiotics are EVOLUTION at work. I believe that according to you and many others who speak on your god's behalf claim that god is not happy with the ToE. Up to you.

You haven't burst any bubbles, lol, so no need for such smugness. Antibiotics cannot be evolution in action since evolution doesn't exist. Now if you had said adaptation in action that would have been a totally different thing.

Do I rely on ancient goatherds for knowledge. I think not because it is not who they were that matters, it is where they got their information from.

Careful. you look down on such as me from such a great height the fall alone could kill you.

After all, God makes no secret of the fact that He chooses such as them and avoids such as you for that very reason, too arrogant, too full of yourselves, to listen, lol.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 9:24:09 AM
At 6/16/2013 9:15:05 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

You haven't burst any bubbles, lol, so no need for such smugness. Antibiotics cannot be evolution in action since evolution doesn't exist. Now if you had said adaptation in action that would have been a totally different thing.

Do I rely on ancient goatherds for knowledge. I think not because it is not who they were that matters, it is where they got their information from.

Careful. you look down on such as me from such a great height the fall alone could kill you.

After all, God makes no secret of the fact that He chooses such as them and avoids such as you for that very reason, too arrogant, too full of yourselves, to listen, lol.
This god who is meant to scare me? Oh I'm quaking in your boots. This god character who can't get even two people to believe the same thing about him? This god character that you can't prove exists anywhere other than in your brain? Is this the same god that told those ancient goatherds what to write? Is that the same god that ordered the destruction of so many innocents, cos as an omniscient god he was surprised by their parents behaviour? Is this the god you want me to love and adore and worship and FEAR?
It would seem to be a prerequisite that the believers of this god are at least as stupid as this god is and that is no brain activity at all.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 10:15:49 AM
At 6/16/2013 8:07:02 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/16/2013 7:13:46 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

Here.............I asked a question. In a text only format that is most commonly shown by the use of the "?" symbol at the conclusion of the question. I am unaware of any protocol that would make a sentence ending with "?" a claim. BTW my QUESTION was in regard to witch doctors, people who use Honey, black seed, acupuncture, Zamzam water, barely and other things to cure others of disease and afflictions.

Ok if that then yes we still use to cure and precaution, and it does work, you should try ;), your question included a claim. We use prophetic medicine, and phytotherapy, and modern medicine, whatever works!
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 10:40:04 AM
At 6/16/2013 9:24:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/16/2013 9:15:05 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

This god who is meant to scare me? Oh I'm quaking in your boots. This god character who can't get even two people to believe the same thing about him? This god character that you can't prove exists anywhere other than in your brain? Is this the same god that told those ancient goatherds what to write? Is that the same god that ordered the destruction of so many innocents, cos as an omniscient god he was surprised by their parents behaviour? Is this the god you want me to love and adore and worship and FEAR?
It would seem to be a prerequisite that the believers of this god are at least as stupid as this god is and that is no brain activity at all.

There is no reason why God should scare you, that is certainly not His intention.

Having said that it depends in which sense you use the word fear.

God want our respect for what He has done for us all and is yet to do not our terror at what is not really all that worrisome a threat.

What is there to fear in oblivion? OK it will mean missing out on all the pleasures available, but since you won't know about it, it where's the problem?

He would far rather attract you with the promises of what si to come for the faithful, and with the knowledge, or realisation whihc you would eventually gain that His way really is the best for the whole of humanity, if not always for the individual.

God is the epitome of Love Justice Mercy and Wisdom, and operates a perfect balance of all 4.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 12:00:08 PM
Doctor Who?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 1:17:32 PM

So side effects is ok since allah allowed it.... no you trust in the doctor who told you what will happen if you took it, this also goes for madcornish, how can you both claim your god heals even with the help of a man, but why can he not just heal alone, also madcornish same questiom for you who's fault is it for the side effects since your god choose your doctors and use them for healings, do he cause the side effects?

fruity sorry to let you know if you look up sorcery in the greek it is also pharmakia, where we get pharmacist and pharmaceuticals , drugs created by witch doctors, which practice is still today, they had side effects so do your doctors
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 3:27:01 PM
At 6/16/2013 1:17:32 PM, question4u wrote:

So side effects is ok since allah allowed it.... no you trust in the doctor who told you what will happen if you took it, this also goes for madcornish, how can you both claim your god heals even with the help of a man, but why can he not just heal alone, also madcornish same questiom for you who's fault is it for the side effects since your god choose your doctors and use them for healings, do he cause the side effects?

fruity sorry to let you know if you look up sorcery in the greek it is also pharmakia, where we get pharmacist and pharmaceuticals , drugs created by witch doctors, which practice is still today, they had side effects so do your doctors

They aren't called doctors, and if their remedies have side effects so does chemical medications!!

Do you know any perfect treatment ?!

I mean cancer isn't yet treated by modern medicine except when the illness is really in an early stage, sometimes phytotherapy works, and sometimes prophetic medicine works, those are just means and God is the one who heals.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 4:40:53 PM
At 6/16/2013 3:27:01 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
I didn't say God heals with the help of a man! He created cause and effect, not everybody knows the remedies for all sicknesses, Doctors know some, phytotherapy people know another part, the prophets mentioned part, and some are yet to be discovered. as much as if you don't eat you don't eliminate your hunger, and if you don't drink you don't appease your thirst, if you don't treat yourself you may not heal, so you are responsible for treating yourself, but as healing comes from God, then you should also pray that he heals you.
For side effects, every treatment can have side effects if not taken in appropriate measures, unfortunately a lot of these "witch doctors" don't have a real knowledge and really do it as business!for your information God has created both the sickness and its healing, and He leave it to us to search for the appropriate treatment, and side effect may come from not finding the exact treatment. so whether we are modern doctors, witch doctors or phytotherapists we just do according to our knowledge!Why do you say: your God ? our God is one!
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 6:13:13 PM

They aren't called doctors, and if their remedies have side effects so does chemical medications!!

I mean cancer isn't yet treated by modern medicine except when the illness is really in an early stage, sometimes phytotherapy works, and sometimes prophetic medicine works, those are just means and God is the one who heals.

Marijuana treats cancer by reducing tumor size, and the treatment has little to no side-effects. It can also treat MS, with, again, little to no side-effects. Glaucoma as well. Marijuana is one of the most perfect medicines there is.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 9:42:12 PM

I mean cancer isn't yet treated by modern medicine except when th

e illness is really in an early stage, sometimes phytotherapy works, and sometimes prophetic medicine works, those are just means and God is the one who heals.

I don't believe in medicine or doctors, my family or myself hardly ever get sick for the past 2 years neither have we been to the doctor for any sickness or taking any medication, since I have not been a christian, side effects can not be of your god I hope not.... if so I don't want him, now if it was alternative or herbal there would be no side effects but creation for the atheist from what evolution bring....it a shame that evolution trust in man one of the youngest species'but not in herbs or alternative medicine.... funny
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 6:00:43 AM
At 6/16/2013 6:13:13 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Marijuana treats cancer by reducing tumor size, and the treatment has little to no side-effects. It can also treat MS, with, again, little to no side-effects. Glaucoma as well. Marijuana is one of the most perfect medicines there is.

Whether it works or not I am not qualified to say, however anyone who things there are no side effects really is fooling themselves, there are many, of which Paranoia is possibly the worst.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 6:16:24 AM
At 6/17/2013 6:00:43 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Whether it works or not I am not qualified to say, however anyone who things there are no side effects really is fooling themselves, there are many, of which Paranoia is possibly the worst.

Paranoia is caused, for the mot part, by one of the many chemicals in Marijuana, that being CBD. Many studies have been done on its effects. There is marijuana available that is essentially free from it. But CBD only creates paranoia in a minority of people. CBD is a good pain medication, and is a good anti-inflammatory. CBD also treats epilepsy, and has saved hundreds, if not thousands of lives.

I have to ask, what negative effects are you aware of, that are a direct result of the marijuana, and not the smoking of it?

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 6:23:13 AM

Whether it works or not I am not qualified to say,

Oh yes, and as to this, did you even watch the video I gave you? There are dozens of videos exactly like like, of people with MS smoking weed and showing hugely noticeable difference in their ability to talk and move. Two days ago I marched in Dublin city, for the legalization of marijuana. I was lucky enough to speak with 2 MS patients who self medicated. They were great people, and they managed to walk the entire way with us, marching to have this miracle drug legalized. There are 6000 people, in Ireland alone, with MS. Why don't you tell them that this drug doesn't work?

however anyone who things there are no side effects really is fooling themselves, there are many, of which Paranoia is possibly the worst.

Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 7:40:35 AM
At 6/16/2013 9:42:12 PM, question4u wrote:

I mean cancer isn't yet treated by modern medicine except when th

e illness is really in an early stage, sometimes phytotherapy works, and sometimes prophetic medicine works, those are just means and God is the one who heals.

I don't believe in medicine or doctors, my family or myself hardly ever get sick for the past 2 years neither have we been to the doctor for any sickness or taking any medication, since I have not been a christian, side effects can not be of your god I hope not.... if so I don't want him, now if it was alternative or herbal there would be no side effects but creation for the atheist from what evolution bring....it a shame that evolution trust in man one of the youngest species'but not in herbs or alternative medicine.... funny

You are right for evolutionist modern doctor freaks!! but it's just that modern science is fashionable to most people.

In Arab countries a lot of people lost trust in chemical medication and start turning back to natural remedies, and there is a whole science behind it, he only issue is that there are people who do it for business and this sector is not enough protected by the law!!

About chemical medicine, when you get only flues and these things it's fine not to go to the doctor, but if you had something serious like an infection or severe intoxication, or else maybe you would have to go despite the expected side effects of the treatment.

Not sure what you mean when you say I don't believe in medicine ? do you only mean modern medicine ?

What about exorcism ?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 7:43:58 AM
At 6/17/2013 6:23:13 AM, muzebreak wrote:

Whether it works or not I am not qualified to say,

Oh yes, and as to this, did you even watch the video I gave you? There are dozens of videos exactly like like, of people with MS smoking weed and showing hugely noticeable difference in their ability to talk and move. Two days ago I marched in Dublin city, for the legalization of marijuana. I was lucky enough to speak with 2 MS patients who self medicated. They were great people, and they managed to walk the entire way with us, marching to have this miracle drug legalized. There are 6000 people, in Ireland alone, with MS. Why don't you tell them that this drug doesn't work?

however anyone who things there are no side effects really is fooling themselves, there are many, of which Paranoia is possibly the worst.

Hallucinations isn't counted as a side effect ?!