Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Trying to make sense of Christianity.

ATHOS
Posts: 123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 3:39:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Christians completely overlooked the logic that for God to create the imperfect must either mean that He Himself was imperfect or that He deliberately made those who were so they could screw up, be punished by Him, and suffer here on psycho planet. Then, according to this developing new religion, God takes-incredibly-His big-time special only begotten Son, who apparently be more holy than the rest of the scum of the earth, and sends him as a blood sacrifice to suffer and die on a cross as a way of vicariously atoning for peoples sins.
Except now there's another big problem, because even according to Christianity's own doctrines, this does not really atone for anybody else's sins. If it atoned for people's sins, then that would be the end of it. Problem solved. But no! It now becomes necessary for everyone to blindly believe in all of the details conveniently set forth exclusively by the christian religion, or else they will still burn in hell, even if they happened to be born, presumably by God's will in a place , time, or culture that isn't even familiar with this particular religion!
What can be expected from insane premises except an insane conclusion? The way to undo an insane conclusion is to consider the sanity of the premises on which it rests.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How long will contradiction stand when its impossible nature is clearly revealed?
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 3:45:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/17/2013 3:39:23 AM, ATHOS wrote:
Christians completely overlooked the logic that for God to create the imperfect must either mean that He Himself was imperfect or that He deliberately made those who were so they could screw up, be punished by Him, and suffer here on psycho planet. Then, according to this developing new religion, God takes-incredibly-His big-time special only begotten Son, who apparently be more holy than the rest of the scum of the earth, and sends him as a blood sacrifice to suffer and die on a cross as a way of vicariously atoning for peoples sins.
Except now there's another big problem, because even according to Christianity's own doctrines, this does not really atone for anybody else's sins. If it atoned for people's sins, then that would be the end of it. Problem solved. But no! It now becomes necessary for everyone to blindly believe in all of the details conveniently set forth exclusively by the christian religion, or else they will still burn in hell, even if they happened to be born, presumably by God's will in a place , time, or culture that isn't even familiar with this particular religion!

You must first develop sense and logic before you can make sense of anything. Work on that first.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 4:06:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/17/2013 3:45:51 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/17/2013 3:39:23 AM, ATHOS wrote:
Christians completely overlooked the logic that for God to create the imperfect must either mean that He Himself was imperfect or that He deliberately made those who were so they could screw up, be punished by Him, and suffer here on psycho planet. Then, according to this developing new religion, God takes-incredibly-His big-time special only begotten Son, who apparently be more holy than the rest of the scum of the earth, and sends him as a blood sacrifice to suffer and die on a cross as a way of vicariously atoning for peoples sins.
Except now there's another big problem, because even according to Christianity's own doctrines, this does not really atone for anybody else's sins. If it atoned for people's sins, then that would be the end of it. Problem solved. But no! It now becomes necessary for everyone to blindly believe in all of the details conveniently set forth exclusively by the christian religion, or else they will still burn in hell, even if they happened to be born, presumably by God's will in a place , time, or culture that isn't even familiar with this particular religion!

You must first develop sense and logic before you can make sense of anything. Work on that first.
But if you possess both sense and logic and you apply them to religion, you have no choice but to become at the least agnostic.
Maybe you'd be better off offering some other advice?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ATHOS
Posts: 123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 4:47:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/17/2013 3:45:51 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/17/2013 3:39:23 AM, ATHOS wrote:
Christians completely overlooked the logic that for God to create the imperfect must either mean that He Himself was imperfect or that He deliberately made those who were so they could screw up, be punished by Him, and suffer here on psycho planet. Then, according to this developing new religion, God takes-incredibly-His big-time special only begotten Son, who apparently be more holy than the rest of the scum of the earth, and sends him as a blood sacrifice to suffer and die on a cross as a way of vicariously atoning for peoples sins.
Except now there's another big problem, because even according to Christianity's own doctrines, this does not really atone for anybody else's sins. If it atoned for people's sins, then that would be the end of it. Problem solved. But no! It now becomes necessary for everyone to blindly believe in all of the details conveniently set forth exclusively by the christian religion, or else they will still burn in hell, even if they happened to be born, presumably by God's will in a place , time, or culture that isn't even familiar with this particular religion!

You must first develop sense and logic before you can make sense of anything. Work on that first.

When the premise of Christianity is taken to its logical extension, 'god is an idiot" is always the conclusion.
What can be expected from insane premises except an insane conclusion? The way to undo an insane conclusion is to consider the sanity of the premises on which it rests.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How long will contradiction stand when its impossible nature is clearly revealed?
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 5:00:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/17/2013 4:47:07 AM, ATHOS wrote:
At 6/17/2013 3:45:51 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/17/2013 3:39:23 AM, ATHOS wrote:
Christians completely overlooked the logic that for God to create the imperfect must either mean that He Himself was imperfect or that He deliberately made those who were so they could screw up, be punished by Him, and suffer here on psycho planet. Then, according to this developing new religion, God takes-incredibly-His big-time special only begotten Son, who apparently be more holy than the rest of the scum of the earth, and sends him as a blood sacrifice to suffer and die on a cross as a way of vicariously atoning for peoples sins.
Except now there's another big problem, because even according to Christianity's own doctrines, this does not really atone for anybody else's sins. If it atoned for people's sins, then that would be the end of it. Problem solved. But no! It now becomes necessary for everyone to blindly believe in all of the details conveniently set forth exclusively by the christian religion, or else they will still burn in hell, even if they happened to be born, presumably by God's will in a place , time, or culture that isn't even familiar with this particular religion!

You must first develop sense and logic before you can make sense of anything. Work on that first.

When the premise of Christianity is taken to its logical extension, 'god is an idiot" is always the conclusion.

What if your the idiot? Ever think of that?
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 7:56:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/17/2013 3:39:23 AM, ATHOS wrote:
Christians completely overlooked the logic that for God to create the imperfect must either mean that He Himself was imperfect or that He deliberately made those who were so they could screw up, be punished by Him, and suffer here on psycho planet. Then, according to this developing new religion, God takes-incredibly-His big-time special only begotten Son, who apparently be more holy than the rest of the scum of the earth, and sends him as a blood sacrifice to suffer and die on a cross as a way of vicariously atoning for peoples sins.
Except now there's another big problem, because even according to Christianity's own doctrines, this does not really atone for anybody else's sins. If it atoned for people's sins, then that would be the end of it. Problem solved. But no! It now becomes necessary for everyone to blindly believe in all of the details conveniently set forth exclusively by the christian religion, or else they will still burn in hell, even if they happened to be born, presumably by God's will in a place , time, or culture that isn't even familiar with this particular religion!

Where to begin, my first thought is straw man but I'll forgo the privilege.

If all that God made is perfect and someone finds it imperfect it is not God but the finder who is in error. Evidence...Humans have not "fixed" nature. As to the rest, the theological construct presented is a mis-mash of a few different theologies. While there may be a "hell" no one knows if anyone is there, if it is a place. The expiation part is all messed up, not sure how to respond as it is goofy to me. I think it based in the uniqueness of each yet the commonality of all.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 9:47:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I wish Christians just say where did Jesus ever said He'd die for others sins? I mean him people? He died to get ready for ascension would be more logic, but for sins would first be unjust, and second wasn't mentioned by him !!

And please none bring what Paul says before proving he even was a disciple for other Gospels.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 10:07:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/17/2013 9:47:30 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
I wish Christians just say where did Jesus ever said He'd die for others sins? I mean him people? He died to get ready for ascension would be more logic, but for sins would first be unjust, and second wasn't mentioned by him !!

And please none bring what Paul says before proving he even was a disciple for other Gospels.

You probably need to read the bible and not the non existent "gospel" that your profit claimed existed. You know that he couldn't read?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Mysterious_Stranger
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 10:55:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The answer would be that you cannot make sense of something that was made to make no sense in the first place.
Turn around, go back.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 10:59:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/17/2013 3:39:23 AM, ATHOS wrote:
Christians completely overlooked the logic that for God to create the imperfect must either mean that He Himself was imperfect or that He deliberately made those who were so they could screw up, be punished by Him, and suffer here on psycho planet. Then, according to this developing new religion, God takes-incredibly-His big-time special only begotten Son, who apparently be more holy than the rest of the scum of the earth, and sends him as a blood sacrifice to suffer and die on a cross as a way of vicariously atoning for peoples sins.
Except now there's another big problem, because even according to Christianity's own doctrines, this does not really atone for anybody else's sins. If it atoned for people's sins, then that would be the end of it. Problem solved. But no! It now becomes necessary for everyone to blindly believe in all of the details conveniently set forth exclusively by the christian religion, or else they will still burn in hell, even if they happened to be born, presumably by God's will in a place , time, or culture that isn't even familiar with this particular religion!

lol, if you say so.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 1:23:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/17/2013 3:39:23 AM, ATHOS wrote:
Christians completely overlooked the logic that for God to create the imperfect must either mean that He Himself was imperfect or that He deliberately made those who were so they could screw up, be punished by Him, and suffer here on psycho planet. Then, according to this developing new religion, God takes-incredibly-His big-time special only begotten Son, who apparently be more holy than the rest of the scum of the earth, and sends him as a blood sacrifice to suffer and die on a cross as a way of vicariously atoning for peoples sins.
Except now there's another big problem, because even according to Christianity's own doctrines, this does not really atone for anybody else's sins. If it atoned for people's sins, then that would be the end of it. Problem solved. But no! It now becomes necessary for everyone to blindly believe in all of the details conveniently set forth exclusively by the christian religion, or else they will still burn in hell, even if they happened to be born, presumably by God's will in a place , time, or culture that isn't even familiar with this particular religion!
Don't try to make sense of Christianity, it will only confound you or make you disobedient beyond what you already are without Torah Observance as the Savior of the world has instructed. Here this will help you.
http://www.eliyah.com...