Total Posts:61|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

do you think there will be sex in heaven?

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 11:06:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
greatistIam started a topic with a title that made me think about this though his had a focus on Islam.

still this question by itself is something I wouldn't know how to answer if someone asked me it. I think its assuming to much if you talk about people having Sex in heaven, because we know people will not be given into marriage anymore up there and I'm guessing there will be no need to procreate.

however we will also have glorified bodies that will be more real than what we have now. and it is accepted and taught that Sex is a good and holy thing when done in a Godly way under the right circumstances. It wouldn't really be all that inconsistent to say the pleasure of that act is intended to be continued in a greater and more glorified way in heaven right?

So my question for you all is do you think Sex will most likely be done away with in heaven, an earthly pleasure left behind in the past, or do you think it will continue in a greater and even more pleasurable way than it is done on earth now in this life?

and if you think it will continue in heaven, here is the real hard question to answer....who is it God would allow/command you to have sex with in heaven, considering you will no longer be married to your past earthly spouses, and you will not be allowed to get remarried?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 11:13:18 PM
We are married to Christ. Not each other.

"For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven." Matthew 22:30
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 11:24:06 PM
I don't think there'll be sex in heaven because I don't think we'll have physical bodies in heaven.

However, we will have physical bodies against when we are resurrected.

According to South Park, Mormonism is true.[1] According to Mormonism, some people will enter the Celestial kingdom. They will be enabled to continue progressing so that they will become more and more like Heavenly Father. Heavenly Father certainly has sex with his wife. That's where we all came from. Before coming to earth, we were his spirit children. (It would be interesting to know what child birth looks like when the mother is a physical being, and the offspring are spirits, but I digress.) So, yes. Just as here on earth, there are some people who don't have sex and some people do, after the resurrection, there will be some people who don't have sex and some do.

1. http://www.liveleak.com...
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 11:39:26 PM
At 6/18/2013 11:24:06 PM, philochristos wrote:
I don't think there'll be sex in heaven because I don't think we'll have physical bodies in heaven.

However, we will have physical bodies against when we are resurrected.

According to South Park, Mormonism is true.[1] According to Mormonism, some people will enter the Celestial kingdom. They will be enabled to continue progressing so that they will become more and more like Heavenly Father. Heavenly Father certainly has sex with his wife. That's where we all came from. Before coming to earth, we were his spirit children. (It would be interesting to know what child birth looks like when the mother is a physical being, and the offspring are spirits, but I digress.) So, yes. Just as here on earth, there are some people who don't have sex and some people do, after the resurrection, there will be some people who don't have sex and some do.

1. http://www.liveleak.com...

You quote southpark? What? How about quoting scriptures. The above post, is scriptures and clearly goes against what you just said.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 11:46:23 PM
"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28)

"made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth", "and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father"to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen" (Revelation 1:6)

"Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. Finally, the woman died. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?" Matthew 12:19-23. What did Jesus say? "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven." Matthew 12:25. This means that there will be neither marriages of one to another or that they will have need to procreate. Jesus said in Mark 12:25 that "When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven." Jesus actually rebuked the Sadducees saying, "Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God." Mark 12:24
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 11:53:36 PM
At 6/18/2013 11:06:13 PM, Marauder wrote:
greatistIam started a topic with a title that made me think about this though his had a focus on Islam.

still this question by itself is something I wouldn't know how to answer if someone asked me it. I think its assuming to much if you talk about people having Sex in heaven, because we know people will not be given into marriage anymore up there and I'm guessing there will be no need to procreate.

however we will also have glorified bodies that will be more real than what we have now. and it is accepted and taught that Sex is a good and holy thing when done in a Godly way under the right circumstances. It wouldn't really be all that inconsistent to say the pleasure of that act is intended to be continued in a greater and more glorified way in heaven right?

So my question for you all is do you think Sex will most likely be done away with in heaven, an earthly pleasure left behind in the past, or do you think it will continue in a greater and even more pleasurable way than it is done on earth now in this life?

and if you think it will continue in heaven, here is the real hard question to answer....who is it God would allow/command you to have sex with in heaven, considering you will no longer be married to your past earthly spouses, and you will not be allowed to get remarried?

Scripture says we will have new bodies. with that said, why would we need to have something to bring satisfaction if God will be our everlasting satisfaction for eternity?? ... So to your question, I do not believe that "sex" will be in Heaven. We will be so caught up with God and His Holiness "sex" and other things won't even matter.
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 11:55:19 PM
At 6/18/2013 11:53:36 PM, TULIP wrote:

Scripture says we will have new bodies. with that said, why would we need to have something to bring satisfaction if God will be our everlasting satisfaction for eternity?? ... So to your question, I do not believe that "sex" will be in Heaven. We will be so caught up with God and His Holiness "sex" and other things won't even matter.

That is Biblical doctrine.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 11:58:45 PM
At 6/18/2013 11:55:19 PM, Harbinger wrote:

The madman will bring his truth of biblical doctrine, contradicting yours because it is the holy ghost who guides you all to different paths because there can only be one path.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 12:03:20 AM
At 6/18/2013 11:58:45 PM, bulproof wrote:

The madman will bring his truth of biblical doctrine, contradicting yours because it is the holy ghost who guides you all to different paths because there can only be one path.

If you are confused about the conversation, the best bet is, not to say anything at all.
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 12:08:08 AM
At 6/18/2013 11:58:45 PM, bulproof wrote:

Well, not sure where your going with this here, but I actually understand Harbinger's statement.. Thanks anyways..
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 12:23:26 AM
Interesting. Do you think there will be sex if you ascend?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 12:37:37 AM
At 6/19/2013 12:23:26 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
Interesting. Do you think there will be sex if you ascend?

No.
Poetaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 12:58:42 AM
One might say that there is heaven in sex. Whether this containment is reciprocal I cannot say.
"The book you are looking for hasn't been written yet. What you are looking for you are going to have to find yourself, it's not going to be in a book..." -Sidewalker
llamainmypocket
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 2:25:00 AM
The purpose of sex is in procreation and so it would be pointless. It is my understanding that there is no sex... I don't think you would be at a loss for pleasure in heaven.

This was typed on a phone and therefore looks like pewp
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 2:54:34 AM
At 6/19/2013 2:25:00 AM, llamainmypocket wrote:
The purpose of sex is in procreation and so it would be pointless. It is my understanding that there is no sex... I don't think you would be at a loss for pleasure in heaven.

You're doin' it wrong. Just sayin'
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 2:59:18 AM
At 6/19/2013 2:54:34 AM, bulproof wrote:

Really what is wrong with it then?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 3:40:38 AM
At 6/19/2013 2:59:18 AM, Harbinger wrote:

Oh you poor chap. It is so funny though.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 4:07:46 AM
At 6/19/2013 3:40:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/19/2013 2:59:18 AM, Harbinger wrote:

Oh you poor chap. It is so funny though.

Are you that much of a joke?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 6:23:57 AM
If not mentioned in Quran I wouldn't know, but there is sex, and there is food, fruits and meat.

There are rivers wine, and Honey, Milk, all people will be the same age, your parents yourself and your children , your ancestors ect. and better then that the inhabitants of Heaven will see God and hear him and speak to him, there are no sicknesses, no pregnancies, no menses for females, the weather would be mild and enjoyable, markets where goods are for free! perfect life, and for eternity, there will be no hatred between the believers there, cause there maybe people who are enemies on earth but both would go to heaven.

Well for those who don't think there is sex in Heaven , Why not ?! I mean in what way would that even bother them!
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 6:25:07 AM
At 6/19/2013 1:52:45 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
There may be no vaginal intercourse in heaven, but at least I will be inside a hole as they pour dirt over my casket.

Your Casket won't stand one millisecond!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 6:37:57 AM
At 6/19/2013 6:23:57 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
If not mentioned in Quran I wouldn't know, but there is sex, and there is food, fruits and meat.

There are rivers wine, and Honey, Milk, all people will be the same age, your parents yourself and your children , your ancestors ect. and better then that the inhabitants of Heaven will see God and hear him and speak to him, there are no sicknesses, no pregnancies, no menses for females, the weather would be mild and enjoyable, markets where goods are for free! perfect life, and for eternity, there will be no hatred between the believers there, cause there maybe people who are enemies on earth but both would go to heaven.

Well for those who don't think there is sex in Heaven , Why not ?! I mean in what way would that even bother them!
And here we go with haraam being acceptable in paradise. Rivers of wine? How absolutely stupid do you need to be in order to believe that wine doesn't make you drunk? Doesn't make you sleep? I'll tell you how stupid.
You need to be stupid enough to believe in poor old muhammad's religion (if it was his). Wine is a chemical compound. The stupid don't understand that. The stupid also don't understand that walking transparent blow up dolls in heaven are no different to masturbation devices on earth. Muhammad thought he had come up with a fantastic idea to create converts to his army (if it was really him) but didn't realise that such entities would become available on earth. His heaven was usurped by science. Not much of a profit really was he?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 6:50:20 AM
At 6/19/2013 6:37:57 AM, bulproof wrote:

And here we go with haraam being acceptable in paradise. Rivers of wine? How absolutely stupid do you need to be in order to believe that wine doesn't make you drunk? Doesn't make you sleep? I'll tell you how stupid.
You need to be stupid enough to believe in poor old muhammad's religion (if it was his). Wine is a chemical compound. The stupid don't understand that. The stupid also don't understand that walking transparent blow up dolls in heaven are no different to masturbation devices on earth. Muhammad thought he had come up with a fantastic idea to create converts to his army (if it was really him) but didn't realise that such entities would become available on earth. His heaven was usurped by science. Not much of a profit really was he?

How did you know wine in heaven doesn't make drunk ?! it is true actually, Hehe not because it is this way here should it be the same way there, because you don't go to heaven until you accept the premise that God is able of everything (absolutely everything).
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 11:12:58 AM
At 6/19/2013 6:50:20 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/19/2013 6:37:57 AM, bulproof wrote:

How did you know wine in heaven doesn't make drunk ?! it is true actually, Hehe not because it is this way here should it be the same way there, because you don't go to heaven until you accept the premise that God is able of everything (absolutely everything).
So allah lied! It's not wine it's grape juice. Because one of the definitions of wine is that it is alcoholic. Much like your profit I suspect. If your profit ever existed.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 11:15:28 AM
See Tree this account is trying to bait you. It tried the same non-sense with me.
MB is doing the same thing with His JW nonesense.
They are all out for them selves.
I point to YHWH, they point to them selves, I pray you see the difference.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 11:21:16 AM
At 6/19/2013 11:15:28 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
See Tree this account is trying to bait you. It tried the same non-sense with me.
MB is doing the same thing with His JW nonesense.
They are all out for them selves.
I point to YHWH, they point to them selves, I pray you see the difference.
I think you done overdosed 4g. Put themens back in the bottle.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 11:26:44 AM
Tree, a good brother in Messiah told me recently that we need to let the Ruach show us who the true seekers of truth are and just pray for the rest, yes, I keep an eye on them, but I do not devout as much attention to the mockers as I do to the ones who have a true and seeking heart. That's all. MB is wicked and hates the truth of Scripture. Months ago when he first came on I showed him word studies and Scriptures and prayed for Him and everything. What did he do? Say I was from hasatan and that I was untrue and that I should not be gong near Synagogues. That is the only building Yahushua ever entered on Shabbat to Teach and be in . Why would MB ever discourage anyone from going to A Messianic Synangogue< When Yahushua entered the Synagogue EVERY Shabbat, guess what? Ya, it became MESSIANIC!!! And so also if you look up the word Ekklesia you will find the Word Assembly and Congregation of Yisrael. It also refers to Jewish Synagogues in the Thayers A lexicon edited by CHRISTIANS of all people. Ya know what else Tree? I have never been proven wrong about this word study. Why? Because they can't prove the true facts wrong. Who uses Congregation of Israel or Assembly or Synagogue on this Forum that professes Messiah? And there are many even though they still use the English and improper word Christ. I will tell you....No one. And so I pray and wait, Planting and sowing, patiently, a fruit of the Spirit. Take care Tree, praying for you. Shalom.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 12:07:02 PM
At 6/18/2013 11:13:18 PM, Harbinger wrote:
We are married to Christ. Not each other.

"For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven." Matthew 22:30
We are not married to Messiah, New Yerushalyim is the Bride, Read Revelation, it is obvious you have not, false account, liar and whoever you are.
He is using Metaphors and the like when speaking of the marriage and of believer's/ Read Rev. and you will see who the Bride is, True believers are the righteousness on New Yerushalyim, you are ignorant of Scripture and unstudied, do not believe what false teachers tell you, learn from an approved Messianic Rabbi. Dig a little, actually dig allot.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 12:09:33 PM
I had a NDE and during that I was chatting to a guy. I said wow those women are just so hot, he replied yep. I said look over there at all those icy cold cans of beer, he rplied yep. I said so I guess I'm in hell cos this stuff wouldn't be in heaven, he replied nah this is heaven. I said wow I'm glad I came here. He replied, if you get the chance avoid this place at all costs. I said why? He told me just before my NDE finished that the women don't have holes in the bottom and the beer cans do.