Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Fear

PrivateEye
Posts: 972
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 11:46:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The conventionally religious are a fearful creature indeed to sell themselves short to such gods. To cry that all men are evil! That only God can save us! Such nonsense! Take a little responsibility.
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 5:53:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/19/2013 11:46:04 AM, PrivateEye wrote:
The conventionally religious are a fearful creature indeed to sell themselves short to such gods. To cry that all men are evil! That only God can save us! Such nonsense! Take a little responsibility.

What a contradiction you present here.

We admit man is evil and accept that. That is taking responsibility.

You say we sell ourselves short. That men are not evil. Therefore, not taking any responsibility whatsoever.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
ldchris1
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 9:52:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 5:53:02 AM, Harbinger wrote:

We admit man is evil and accept that. That is taking responsibility.

You say we sell ourselves short. That men are not evil. Therefore, not taking any responsibility whatsoever.

I think its more that you say man is inherently evil that makes him not responsible for the bad things he does. If you believe that God made people with evil in them already then whenever you do anything bad it is just because 'its the way God made us'. That's what I think he means by 'take some responsibility'
PrivateEye
Posts: 972
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 9:55:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 9:52:26 AM, ldchris1 wrote:
At 6/20/2013 5:53:02 AM, Harbinger wrote:

We admit man is evil and accept that. That is taking responsibility.

You say we sell ourselves short. That men are not evil. Therefore, not taking any responsibility whatsoever.


I think its more that you say man is inherently evil that makes him not responsible for the bad things he does. If you believe that God made people with evil in them already then whenever you do anything bad it is just because 'its the way God made us'. That's what I think he means by 'take some responsibility'

indeed. such vile notions these religious have
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 9:59:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 9:52:26 AM, ldchris1 wrote:
At 6/20/2013 5:53:02 AM, Harbinger wrote:

We admit man is evil and accept that. That is taking responsibility.

You say we sell ourselves short. That men are not evil. Therefore, not taking any responsibility whatsoever.


I think its more that you say man is inherently evil that makes him not responsible for the bad things he does. If you believe that God made people with evil in them already then whenever you do anything bad it is just because 'its the way God made us'. That's what I think he means by 'take some responsibility'

No Christian claims this though.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."