Jump to topic:

explain past life memory

banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:04:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Accurding athiests how do they explan past life memory?

I followed the tread on "what's going to be after you dei" I decided to take it to next step...
Also how will ethies explain
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:06:35 PM
Sorry got cut off.

How will ethiest explain ghost..!

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:07:20 PM
Sorry sir this is an English speaking forum.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:08:26 PM
At 12/3/2009 8:07:22 PM, Harlan wrote:
Can you please give an example of past-life memory of ghosts?

Oh I can, I was a pirate in a past life. There you go, beat that fool.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:11:11 PM
Example of memory? Lol I like of humo

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:13:34 PM
Past life memory? No. However, even though this guy's a troll, it's worth noting that Socrates actually believes that everything we learn we already know (from a past life or whatever) and therefore we're not really learning but rather "remembering."
President of DDO
LB628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:13:35 PM
At 12/3/2009 8:11:11 PM, banker wrote:

Not example of memory, example of a memory which happened to someone else .
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:18:05 PM
At 12/3/2009 8:13:34 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Past life memory? No. However, even though this guy's a troll, it's worth noting that Socrates actually believes that everything we learn we already know (from a past life or whatever) and therefore we're not really learning but rather "remembering."

yeah, I don't see where he came up with that?

Like the kid with the geometrical truths, and Socrates says that the kid never learned them but already knows them. I don't see why the kid couldn't have learned them through observing patterns of sensation.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:22:37 PM

Me too, he was a great guy that old Humo. Why I remember the time he was sailing the seven seas with me, argh.

ddofans.com
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 12:33:24 AM
With regards past life memory, you need to find a case study in which someone demonstrates specific knowledge they could not otherwise have, for which the most credible explanation is memory from a past life.

You would then need to find other similar case studies.

Then you would need to develop some theory as to how memory can be stored in a way that transcends the individual human brain.

Then you would need to devise experiments.

However if you do believe then I have a great investment plan for you.

Again with regards Ghosts, you will need to repeatedly observe a specific manifestation and rule out other possibilities.

A door creaking in the wind and an old biddy saying "I feel a presence, maybe a bill... or a steve, or a norman... or it could be a woman... from between the 1st and 20th centuries may have died here... I sense that they liked to breathe in life", does not do it.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 9:02:50 AM
At 12/3/2009 8:22:37 PM, johngriswald wrote:

Me too, he was a great guy that old Humo. Why I remember the time he was sailing the seven seas with me, argh.

Hey, can I have been a pirate too?
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
omelet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 9:45:43 AM
At 12/3/2009 8:08:26 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/3/2009 8:07:22 PM, Harlan wrote:
Can you please give an example of past-life memory of ghosts?

Oh I can, I was a pirate in a past life. There you go, beat that fool.

I was a pirate in this life. Still am.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 10:14:44 AM

Are you trying to say you were a homo in the last life?
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 10:15:49 AM
Like the kid with the geometrical truths, and Socrates says that the kid never learned them but already knows them. I don't see why the kid couldn't have learned them through observing patterns of sensation.

Yeah this part of the dialogues was not his finest moment...
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 12:20:38 PM
Ian stivenson and brian wies and so many more do past life memory tearopy ..!
But as long its not global warming scams ethiests will be sarcastic..!

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 12:24:16 PM
At 12/4/2009 12:20:38 PM, banker wrote:
Ian stivenson and brian wies and so many more do past life memory tearopy ..!
But as long its not global warming scams ethiests will be sarcastic..!

So what exactly was your doctorate in?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 2:29:02 PM
There should be no reason for an individual to have memories of a past life. Such memories are manufactured.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 5:19:05 PM
We usually call such things hallucinations or illusions. :)

I've yet to hear of a case that turned out to be legitimate or irrefutable. When you provide such a case then perhaps we can discuss it.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 5:56:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Here is a case study of past life memory google it to get more info and pictures:
Jeffrey Keene is a decorated fire fighter and an Assistant Fire Chief in Westport, CT. Like Captain Robert Snow, Jeff Keene is a highly responsible member of his community who, unexpectedly, found himself researching a past life identity. In this pursuit, significant information often came to him through synchronistic events and in time, Mr. Keene came to the conclusion that he was being guided in his research efforts. Let me quote from the forward of Jeff's book, Someone Else's Yesterday, The Confederate General and Connecticut Yankee: A Past Life Revealed. "Like most people, I was stumbling through life minding my own business when all at once the world started having its way with me. Suddenly, the extraordinary became ordinary and strange occurrences throughout my life started to make sense. I found that I had been a friend to some very famous people, people that I was not even aware that I had met. I was being given insights that answered some of life's greatest questions. Before too long I found myself on the front page of a state wide newspaper and featured in an Arts and Entertainment Network documentary titled, Beyond Death. Getting to the point were the word "coincidence" was worn very thin, I decided to accept the fact that I was being guided and opened myself to what life wanted to show me. Long after I had been convinced of a past life, unusual events kept reinforcing my conclusions, so much so that the only reason I could come up with for such revelations was that I was to share them with others. " Jeff's story begins in May, 1991, when he was on vacation with his wife, Anna. They were looking for antiques and stopped in Sharpsburg, Maryland, which was where the Civil War battle of Antietam was fought. Though Jeff had never read a book on the Civil War or had any affinity for that era, he felt compelled to visit the battlefield. At a portion of the field called "Sunken Road," Jeff listened to an audiotaped narration of the events that took place there in 1862. After listening to the tape, as Jeff walked away from the battlefield monument, he had the following reaction: "A wave of grief, sadness and anger washed over me. Without warning I was suddenly consumed by sensations. Burning tears ran down my cheeks. It became difficult to breathe. I gasped for air, as I stood transfixed in the old roadbed. To this day I cannot tell you how much time transpired, but as these feelings, this emotional overload passed, I found myself exhausted as if I had run a marathon. Crawling up the steep embankment to get out of the road, I turned and looked back. I was a bit shaken to say the least and wondered at what had just taken place. It was difficult getting back to the car because I felt so weak. I had regained most of my normal composure on the way back and said nothing to Anna about what had just happened. What could I say? How could I explain it to her? I did not have any answers, just questions. " Before leaving Sharpsburg, Jeff and Anna visited a gift shop. A magazine, Civil War Quarterly, (Special Edition, Antietam), caught Jeff's eye and he purchased it, along with a bullet found in the area. At home, Jeff placed the magazine in a conspicuous place, a drawer that held the family's phone books, but he did not look at the journal for another year and a half. When Jeff finally read the magazine's account of the Battle of Antietam, he once again experienced a strong wave of emotions. When he turned to a page that featured a picture of Brigadier General John B. Gordon, Jeff was shocked to see himself in Gordon's visage. Gordon had nearly died after incurring multiple gunshot wounds at Sunken Road, in the battle of Antietam. Recall that it was at Sunken Road, over a year before, that Jeff had experienced overwhelming emotions of grief, anger and sadness.

johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 6:04:26 PM
At 12/5/2009 5:56:06 PM, banker wrote:
Wall of text served with two extra helpings of TL/DR

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 6:15:46 PM
At 12/5/2009 6:13:28 PM, wjmelements wrote:
http://th04.deviantart.com...

LOL that was actually exactly what I was referring two, I forgot what they double dose was.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 6:20:19 PM
Here is a case study of past life memory google it to get more info and pictures:
Jeffrey Keene is a decorated fire fighter and an Assistant Fire Chief in Westport, CT. Like Captain Robert Snow, Jeff Keene is a highly responsible member of his community who, unexpectedly, found himself researching a past life identity. In this pursuit, significant information often came to him through synchronistic events and in time, Mr. Keene came to the conclusion that he was being guided in his research efforts. Let me quote from the forward of Jeff's book, Someone Else's Yesterday, The Confederate General and Connecticut Yankee: A Past Life Revealed. "Like most people, I was stumbling through life minding my own business when all at once the world started having its way with me. Suddenly, the extraordinary became ordinary and strange occurrences throughout my life started to make sense. I found that I had been a friend to some very famous people, people that I was not even aware that I had met. I was being given insights that answered some of life's greatest questions. Before too long I found myself on the front page of a state wide newspaper and featured in an Arts and Entertainment Network documentary titled, Beyond Death. Getting to the point were the word "coincidence" was worn very thin, I decided to accept the fact that I was being guided and opened myself to what life wanted to show me. Long after I had been convinced of a past life, unusual events kept reinforcing my conclusions, so much so that the only reason I could come up with for such revelations was that I was to share them with others. " Jeff's story begins in May, 1991, when he was on vacation with his wife, Anna. They were looking for antiques and stopped in Sharpsburg, Maryland, which was where the Civil War battle of Antietam was fought. Though Jeff had never read a book on the Civil War or had any affinity for that era, he felt compelled to visit the battlefield. At a portion of the field called "Sunken Road," Jeff listened to an audiotaped narration of the events that took place there in 1862. After listening to the tape, as Jeff walked away from the battlefield monument, he had the following reaction: "A wave of grief, sadness and anger washed over me. Without warning I was suddenly consumed by sensations. Burning tears ran down my cheeks. It became difficult to breathe. I gasped for air, as I stood transfixed in the old roadbed. To this day I cannot tell you how much time transpired, but as these feelings, this emotional overload passed, I found myself exhausted as if I had run a marathon. Crawling up the steep embankment to get out of the road, I turned and looked back.Now, this is a story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down and I liked to take a minute just sit right there. I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air In west Philadelphia born and raised on the playground was where I spent most of my days chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool and all shootin some b-ball outside of the school, when a couple of guys who were up to no good startin making trouble in my neighborhood I got in one little fight and my mom got scared she said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air' I begged and pleaded with her day after day But she packed my suite case and send me on my way She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket. I put my walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'. First class, yo this is bad drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass. Is this what the people of Bel-Air Living like? Hmmmmm this might be alright. But wait I hear there're prissy, wine all that Is Bel-Air the type of place they send this cool cat? I don't think sow I'll see when I get there I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air Well, the plane landed and when I came out There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out I ain't trying to get arrested I just got here I sprang with the quickness like lightening, disappeared I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror If anything I can say this cab is rare But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air' I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'I looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

ddofans.com
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 12:20:26 AM

You need to go about this with some modicum of logic or scientific understanding. What you have just posted is anecodotal. There is no way for us to verify it.

We do not know if he had a funny turn on the battlefield or if he is lying, or if it was a nervous breakdown, or a false memory created some time later. We can independently verify the story.