Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Our purpose?

bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 11:05:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Many many of the religious claim that our purpose is to worship god, is this true?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 11:06:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 11:05:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
Many many of the religious claim that our purpose is to worship god, is this true?
Or perhaps to love, worship and obey might be better is this true?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 11:50:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 11:06:44 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/20/2013 11:05:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
Many many of the religious claim that our purpose is to worship god, is this true?
Or perhaps to love, worship and obey might be better is this true?

I'd say our purpose is to acknowledge and appreciate that there most likely is a God. We can show our appreciation by respecting his other creations and being happy with what he has given us individually.
I don't think we are supposed to worship like slaves as some would say. Slaves aren't appreciated, and I don't believe God would create something he doesn't have appreciation for.
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 11:54:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 11:05:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
Many many of the religious claim that our purpose is to worship god, is this true?

Jonathan Edwards makes a distinction between immediate ends and chief or ultimate ends. For example, you might study so you can get good grades. But although getting good grades is an end, it's not your ultimate end. Rather, it's a means to some further end, like graudating and getting a good job. But even those aren't ultimate ends, because people graduate and get good jobs so they can make money, etc.

So the question can be answered in two different ways. The immediate end in God creating us may vary from person to person. He may have individual purposes for us. In that case, I don't think we can know what our purposes is except maybe in hind sight.

But the Bible does reveal God's ultimate purpose in creation, and that's to glorify himself. So our ultimate purpose is to bring glory to God. Worship is one way we do that, so yes, you could say that part of our purpose is to worship God.

"The End For Which God Created the World" by Jonathan Edwards http://www.prayermeetings.org...
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 4:50:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 11:54:18 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 6/20/2013 11:05:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
Many many of the religious claim that our purpose is to worship god, is this true?

Jonathan Edwards makes a distinction between immediate ends and chief or ultimate ends. For example, you might study so you can get good grades. But although getting good grades is an end, it's not your ultimate end. Rather, it's a means to some further end, like graudating and getting a good job. But even those aren't ultimate ends, because people graduate and get good jobs so they can make money, etc.

So the question can be answered in two different ways. The immediate end in God creating us may vary from person to person. He may have individual purposes for us. In that case, I don't think we can know what our purposes is except maybe in hind sight.

But the Bible does reveal God's ultimate purpose in creation, and that's to glorify himself. So our ultimate purpose is to bring glory to God. Worship is one way we do that, so yes, you could say that part of our purpose is to worship God.

"The End For Which God Created the World" by Jonathan Edwards http://www.prayermeetings.org...
So are you agreeing with this Jonathan Edwards? God wants to GLORIFY himself and made us to that end?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harbinger
Posts: 778
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 4:53:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 11:54:18 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 6/20/2013 11:05:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
Many many of the religious claim that our purpose is to worship god, is this true?

Jonathan Edwards makes a distinction between immediate ends and chief or ultimate ends. For example, you might study so you can get good grades. But although getting good grades is an end, it's not your ultimate end. Rather, it's a means to some further end, like graudating and getting a good job. But even those aren't ultimate ends, because people graduate and get good jobs so they can make money, etc.

So the question can be answered in two different ways. The immediate end in God creating us may vary from person to person. He may have individual purposes for us. In that case, I don't think we can know what our purposes is except maybe in hind sight.

But the Bible does reveal God's ultimate purpose in creation, and that's to glorify himself. So our ultimate purpose is to bring glory to God. Worship is one way we do that, so yes, you could say that part of our purpose is to worship God.

"The End For Which God Created the World" by Jonathan Edwards http://www.prayermeetings.org...
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 4:58:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 4:53:34 AM, Harbinger wrote:
At 6/20/2013 11:54:18 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 6/20/2013 11:05:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
Many many of the religious claim that our purpose is to worship god, is this true?

Jonathan Edwards makes a distinction between immediate ends and chief or ultimate ends. For example, you might study so you can get good grades. But although getting good grades is an end, it's not your ultimate end. Rather, it's a means to some further end, like graudating and getting a good job. But even those aren't ultimate ends, because people graduate and get good jobs so they can make money, etc.

So the question can be answered in two different ways. The immediate end in God creating us may vary from person to person. He may have individual purposes for us. In that case, I don't think we can know what our purposes is except maybe in hind sight.

But the Bible does reveal God's ultimate purpose in creation, and that's to glorify himself. So our ultimate purpose is to bring glory to God. Worship is one way we do that, so yes, you could say that part of our purpose is to worship God.

"The End For Which God Created the World" by Jonathan Edwards http://www.prayermeetings.org...

Is there some relevance to this post?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 6:01:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Not our purpose, the Purpose of our existence.

We didn't decide to exist, the one who gave us life gave it with a purpose.
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 6:23:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 6:01:55 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Not our purpose, the Purpose of our existence.

We didn't decide to exist, the one who gave us life gave it with a purpose.
And the purpose of our existence is to glorify/worship god? Is this what you're saying fruity?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 6:34:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 6:23:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:01:55 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Not our purpose, the Purpose of our existence.

We didn't decide to exist, the one who gave us life gave it with a purpose.
And the purpose of our existence is to glorify/worship god? Is this what you're saying fruity?

Yes.

I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me. (56) Quran/51
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 8:45:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 6:34:33 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:23:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:01:55 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Not our purpose, the Purpose of our existence.

We didn't decide to exist, the one who gave us life gave it with a purpose.
And the purpose of our existence is to glorify/worship god? Is this what you're saying fruity?

Yes.

I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me. (56) Quran/51

If this god of yours created us to worship him, why doesn't he SHOW himself to absolutely every person who has ever lived or ever will live, so that we can worship him?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 9:17:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 8:45:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:34:33 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:23:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:01:55 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Not our purpose, the Purpose of our existence.

We didn't decide to exist, the one who gave us life gave it with a purpose.
And the purpose of our existence is to glorify/worship god? Is this what you're saying fruity?

Yes.

I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me. (56) Quran/51

If this god of yours created us to worship him, why doesn't he SHOW himself to absolutely every person who has ever lived or ever will live, so that we can worship him?

That's the deal, you need to know him with your reason, this is because he gave you reason. then you'd need to prove your belief , then can you be shown God (in heaven)
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 10:07:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 9:17:05 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/21/2013 8:45:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:34:33 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:23:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:01:55 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Not our purpose, the Purpose of our existence.

We didn't decide to exist, the one who gave us life gave it with a purpose.
And the purpose of our existence is to glorify/worship god? Is this what you're saying fruity?

Yes.

I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me. (56) Quran/51

If this god of yours created us to worship him, why doesn't he SHOW himself to absolutely every person who has ever lived or ever will live, so that we can worship him?

That's the deal, you need to know him with your reason, this is because he gave you reason. then you'd need to prove your belief , then can you be shown God (in heaven)
If he showed himself you would KNOW, with ABSOLUTE reason!
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 10:12:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 10:07:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2013 9:17:05 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/21/2013 8:45:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:34:33 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:23:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:01:55 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Not our purpose, the Purpose of our existence.

We didn't decide to exist, the one who gave us life gave it with a purpose.
And the purpose of our existence is to glorify/worship god? Is this what you're saying fruity?

Yes.

I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me. (56) Quran/51

If this god of yours created us to worship him, why doesn't he SHOW himself to absolutely every person who has ever lived or ever will live, so that we can worship him?

That's the deal, you need to know him with your reason, this is because he gave you reason. then you'd need to prove your belief , then can you be shown God (in heaven)
If he showed himself you would KNOW, with ABSOLUTE reason!

Why do you talk about "ifs", but yet you can KNOW with absolute reason ,without seeing him, as much as you can know who is the criminal with absolute certainty without seeing him do the crime.
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 10:25:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 10:12:15 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/21/2013 10:07:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2013 9:17:05 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/21/2013 8:45:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:34:33 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:23:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2013 6:01:55 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Not our purpose, the Purpose of our existence.

We didn't decide to exist, the one who gave us life gave it with a purpose.
And the purpose of our existence is to glorify/worship god? Is this what you're saying fruity?

Yes.

I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me. (56) Quran/51

If this god of yours created us to worship him, why doesn't he SHOW himself to absolutely every person who has ever lived or ever will live, so that we can worship him?

That's the deal, you need to know him with your reason, this is because he gave you reason. then you'd need to prove your belief , then can you be shown God (in heaven)
If he showed himself you would KNOW, with ABSOLUTE reason!

Why do you talk about "ifs", but yet you can KNOW with absolute reason ,without seeing him, as much as you can know who is the criminal with absolute certainty without seeing him do the crime.
Your god is a criminal? lol
Without eye witness evidence and capturing the accused red handed by an unimpeachable law enforcement officer or an unimpeachable civilian there is ABSOLUTELY no way with absolute certainty that said accused is guilty.
I can't believe you compared your god to a criminal? That is funny.

YOU see if your god wants to actually come to me and produce his credentials, ie prove that he is the creator of everything, then I have no reason to believe the stories man has written about him.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 11:10:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 10:25:26 AM, bulproof wrote:

.I'm comparing the situations where you accept reason as evidence. I thought you'd like that comparison though!But I uses it as it was the first thing that came to my mind where we use reason without direct witness. and there are a lot of other things where we do in some there is partial certainty and in others there is total certainty.Another example to cut you happiness you accept bills from some service providers usually without asking empirical evidence that they are the actual company that did the service. but you still know it with certainty, you even pay the bills on time, so should you do with Go , pay your bills before you are surprised by a penalty.Also you seem to talk as if you God owes you something, that he desperately needs that you believe. it's the opposite, you owe him a lot, and you are the one who desperately need to believe, do not expect to see him, it's up to you to go towards him.
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 11:46:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 11:10:38 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/21/2013 10:25:26 AM, bulproof wrote:

.I'm comparing the situations where you accept reason as evidence. I thought you'd like that comparison though!But I uses it as it was the first thing that came to my mind where we use reason without direct witness. and there are a lot of other things where we do in some there is partial certainty and in others there is total certainty.Another example to cut you happiness you accept bills from some service providers usually without asking empirical evidence that they are the actual company that did the service. but you still know it with certainty, you even pay the bills on time, so should you do with Go , pay your bills before you are surprised by a penalty.Also you seem to talk as if you God owes you something, that he desperately needs that you believe. it's the opposite, you owe him a lot, and you are the one who desperately need to believe, do not expect to see him, it's up to you to go towards him.

Don't turn up with a new story that contradicts your earlier story and try to justify either of them. You desperately need to try justify the unbelievable stories to yourself, only the terminally gullible could possibly believe that crud.
Please stop throwing it at me. The zombies of Jerusalem might believe it but not humans.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 11:48:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 11:46:15 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2013 11:10:38 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/21/2013 10:25:26 AM, bulproof wrote:

.I'm comparing the situations where you accept reason as evidence. I thought you'd like that comparison though!But I uses it as it was the first thing that came to my mind where we use reason without direct witness. and there are a lot of other things where we do in some there is partial certainty and in others there is total certainty.Another example to cut you happiness you accept bills from some service providers usually without asking empirical evidence that they are the actual company that did the service. but you still know it with certainty, you even pay the bills on time, so should you do with Go , pay your bills before you are surprised by a penalty.Also you seem to talk as if you God owes you something, that he desperately needs that you believe. it's the opposite, you owe him a lot, and you are the one who desperately need to believe, do not expect to see him, it's up to you to go towards him.

Don't turn up with a new story that contradicts your earlier story and try to justify either of them. You desperately need to try justify the unbelievable stories to yourself, only the terminally gullible could possibly believe that crud.
Please stop throwing it at me. The zombies of Jerusalem might believe it but not humans.

Ok fine, just make sure to pay your bills on time.
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 10:23:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 4:50:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/20/2013 11:54:18 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 6/20/2013 11:05:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
Many many of the religious claim that our purpose is to worship god, is this true?

Jonathan Edwards makes a distinction between immediate ends and chief or ultimate ends. For example, you might study so you can get good grades. But although getting good grades is an end, it's not your ultimate end. Rather, it's a means to some further end, like graudating and getting a good job. But even those aren't ultimate ends, because people graduate and get good jobs so they can make money, etc.

So the question can be answered in two different ways. The immediate end in God creating us may vary from person to person. He may have individual purposes for us. In that case, I don't think we can know what our purposes is except maybe in hind sight.

But the Bible does reveal God's ultimate purpose in creation, and that's to glorify himself. So our ultimate purpose is to bring glory to God. Worship is one way we do that, so yes, you could say that part of our purpose is to worship God.

"The End For Which God Created the World" by Jonathan Edwards http://www.prayermeetings.org...
So are you agreeing with this Jonathan Edwards? God wants to GLORIFY himself and made us to that end?

Yes.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 10:27:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 10:23:57 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 6/21/2013 4:50:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/20/2013 11:54:18 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 6/20/2013 11:05:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
Many many of the religious claim that our purpose is to worship god, is this true?

Jonathan Edwards makes a distinction between immediate ends and chief or ultimate ends. For example, you might study so you can get good grades. But although getting good grades is an end, it's not your ultimate end. Rather, it's a means to some further end, like graudating and getting a good job. But even those aren't ultimate ends, because people graduate and get good jobs so they can make money, etc.

So the question can be answered in two different ways. The immediate end in God creating us may vary from person to person. He may have individual purposes for us. In that case, I don't think we can know what our purposes is except maybe in hind sight.

But the Bible does reveal God's ultimate purpose in creation, and that's to glorify himself. So our ultimate purpose is to bring glory to God. Worship is one way we do that, so yes, you could say that part of our purpose is to worship God.

"The End For Which God Created the World" by Jonathan Edwards http://www.prayermeetings.org...
So are you agreeing with this Jonathan Edwards? God wants to GLORIFY himself and made us to that end?

Yes.

Step 1) Want to glorify self
Step 2) Create humans
Step 3) ?????
Step 4) GLORY !!!

Right............
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 2:03:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 11:48:55 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/21/2013 11:46:15 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/21/2013 11:10:38 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 6/21/2013 10:25:26 AM, bulproof wrote:

.I'm comparing the situations where you accept reason as evidence. I thought you'd like that comparison though!But I uses it as it was the first thing that came to my mind where we use reason without direct witness. and there are a lot of other things where we do in some there is partial certainty and in others there is total certainty.Another example to cut you happiness you accept bills from some service providers usually without asking empirical evidence that they are the actual company that did the service. but you still know it with certainty, you even pay the bills on time, so should you do with Go , pay your bills before you are surprised by a penalty.Also you seem to talk as if you God owes you something, that he desperately needs that you believe. it's the opposite, you owe him a lot, and you are the one who desperately need to believe, do not expect to see him, it's up to you to go towards him.

Don't turn up with a new story that contradicts your earlier story and try to justify either of them. You desperately need to try justify the unbelievable stories to yourself, only the terminally gullible could possibly believe that crud.
Please stop throwing it at me. The zombies of Jerusalem might believe it but not humans.

Ok fine, just make sure to pay your bills on time.
Now that WOULD be a miracle, have a chat to yahweh for me will ya, see what he can rustle up.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 10:17:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
To ascend.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 10:47:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/2/2013 12:31:37 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
Our purpose is to love YHWH and serve Him hommie.
Allegedly so homy.
Unfortunately this god dude doesn't want us to know that he exists.
How do you, personally, go about loving something that doesn't exist?
I mean. Do you love fairy dust?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 10:52:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The inability to return and edit on this site is truly pathetic from a programming pov.
I mean that if we are meant to love this god and that is the purpose he gave us, is he a coward who demands love without earning it?
You don't know me, will you worship me? If not why not?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 11:00:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/2/2013 10:47:48 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/2/2013 12:31:37 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
Our purpose is to love YHWH and serve Him hommie.
Allegedly so homy.
Unfortunately this god dude doesn't want us to know that he exists.
How do you, personally, go about loving something that doesn't exist?
I mean. Do you love fairy dust?

I am getting to know Him and He has certainly revealed Himself as well as this sinful world is able to see which is a miracle right there.

There is so much I could say to your short sighted nonsense, bur right now you are being foolish and missing many blessings in preaching and teaching YHWH's sent ones and taught ones have for you bull..
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 11:34:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/2/2013 11:00:39 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
At 7/2/2013 10:47:48 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/2/2013 12:31:37 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
Our purpose is to love YHWH and serve Him hommie.
Allegedly so homy.
Unfortunately this god dude doesn't want us to know that he exists.
How do you, personally, go about loving something that doesn't exist?
I mean. Do you love fairy dust?

I am getting to know Him and He has certainly revealed Himself as well as this sinful world is able to see which is a miracle right there.

There is so much I could say to your short sighted nonsense, bur right now you are being foolish and missing many blessings in preaching and teaching YHWH's sent ones and taught ones have for you bull..

Yes I've noticed that ad homs are the stock in trade for the believers, they are also (unsurprisingly) the stock in trade for those without any intelligent response.
Thank you.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 11:47:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/2/2013 11:34:17 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/2/2013 11:00:39 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
At 7/2/2013 10:47:48 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/2/2013 12:31:37 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
Our purpose is to love YHWH and serve Him hommie.
Allegedly so homy.
Unfortunately this god dude doesn't want us to know that he exists.
How do you, personally, go about loving something that doesn't exist?
I mean. Do you love fairy dust?

I am getting to know Him and He has certainly revealed Himself as well as this sinful world is able to see which is a miracle right there.

There is so much I could say to your short sighted nonsense, bur right now you are being foolish and missing many blessings in preaching and teaching YHWH's sent ones and taught ones have for you bull..

Yes I've noticed that ad homs are the stock in trade for the believers, they are also (unsurprisingly) the stock in trade for those without any intelligent response.
Thank you.

You would not know an intelligent response from the Scriptures if it came down and hit you in the side of the face.
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 11:58:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/2/2013 11:47:44 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
At 7/2/2013 11:34:17 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/2/2013 11:00:39 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
At 7/2/2013 10:47:48 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/2/2013 12:31:37 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
Our purpose is to love YHWH and serve Him hommie.
Allegedly so homy.
Unfortunately this god dude doesn't want us to know that he exists.
How do you, personally, go about loving something that doesn't exist?
I mean. Do you love fairy dust?

I am getting to know Him and He has certainly revealed Himself as well as this sinful world is able to see which is a miracle right there.

There is so much I could say to your short sighted nonsense, bur right now you are being foolish and missing many blessings in preaching and teaching YHWH's sent ones and taught ones have for you bull..

Yes I've noticed that ad homs are the stock in trade for the believers, they are also (unsurprisingly) the stock in trade for those without any intelligent response.
Thank you.

You would not know an intelligent response from the Scriptures if it came down and hit you in the side of the face.
And I wouldn't even have to duck to avoid it.
Don't start sweetheart, I eat hecklers before breakfast.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 12:14:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Good news for me I am not a heckler or a banana!

Here let's talk about the topic of the post, it is past lunch any way!

Deu 6:4 "Hear, O Yisra"ĕl: יהוה our Elohim, יהוה is one!
Deu 6:5 "And you shall love יהוה your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your being, and with all your might.
Deu 6:6 "And these Words which I am commanding you today shall be in your heart,
Deu 6:7 and you shall impress them upon your children, and shall speak of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up,
Deu 6:8 and shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
Deu 6:9 "And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deu 6:10 "And it shall be, when יהוה your Elohim brings you into the land of which He swore to your fathers, to AL87;raham, to YitsM17;aq, and to YaF1;aqoL87;, to give you great and good cities which you did not build,
Deu 6:11 and houses filled with all kinds of goods, which you did not fill, and wells dug which you did not dig, vineyards and olive trees which you did not plant, and you shall eat and be satisfied "
Deu 6:12 be on guard, lest you forget יהוה who brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim, from the house of bondage.
Deu 6:13 "Fear יהוה your Elohim and serve Him, and swear by His Name.
Deu 6:14 "Do not go after other mighty ones, the mighty ones of the peoples who are all around you,
Deu 6:15 for יהוה your Elohim is a jealous Ěl in your midst, lest the displeasure of יהוה your Elohim burn against you, then He shall destroy you from the face of the earth.
Deu 6:16 "Do not try יהוה your Elohim as you tried Him in Massah.