Jump to topic:

Jesus Christ return

Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 6:20:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
For anyone wondering the signs of the Great Day of the Return of our Lord Jesus Christ, I will offer the passages that talk about it. They are numerous, so bear with me.

The best verse describing it is in Matthew 24.

Matthew 24 ...3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?4 And Jesus answered and said unto them..5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ..6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars..7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations..10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet..16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains...21 For then shall be great tribulation...22..but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets...27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be...29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled...37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be...42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.43..the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched..44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant..46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

We see Matthew describes the moon, sun, and stars darkened. Let's find another witness....

Mark 13 ..4 Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?5 And Jesus answering them began to say..6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ..7 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars..8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak...12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake..14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet..then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains...19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation..20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Mark describes also the sun, moon, and stars darkened...Lets find verses describing the sun, moon, and stars darkened....

Acts 2 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts talks about the prophet Joel so lets go there. Next post.....
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 6:21:19 AM
Joel 2-Blow ye the trumpet in Zion.. sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh..2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong..3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth..4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen..5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap..a strong people set in battle array.6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war..8 Neither shall one thrust another..when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.9 They shall run to and fro in the city..they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:11 And the Lord shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?12..saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart..13 And rend your heart..turn unto the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful..14..leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the Lord your God?15 Blow the trumpet in Zion..16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children.. let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.17 Let the priests, the ministers of the Lord, weep..Spare thy people, O Lord..18 Then will the Lord be jealous..and pity his people.19..the Lord will answer and say unto his people, Behold, I will send you corn, and wine, and oil, and ye shall be satisfied therewith..20 I will remove..from you the northern army, and will drive him into a land barren..21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice..22 Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field.. for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength.23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God...24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else..28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered:

Joel 3 ..in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,2 I will also gather all nations..and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations..3 And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink.4 ..swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head;5 Because ye have taken my silver and my gold..6 The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold.. that ye might remove them far from their border.7 Behold, I will raise them out of the place whither ye have sold them..8 And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah..9 Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near..10 Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.11 Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O Lord.12 Let the heathen be wakened..13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision.15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.16 The Lord also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.17 So shall ye know that I am the Lord your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

Isaiah 13- The burden of Babylon..2 Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain.. 3 I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger.. 4 The noise of a multitude..like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the Lord of hosts mustereth the battle...5 They come from a far, from the end of heaven..the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land...6 the day of the Lord is at hand..7 all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt..8 they shall be afraid...9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh..with wrath and fierce anger..he shall destroy the sinners..10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity..12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold..13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

Ezekiel 32..2 Son of man, take up a lamentation..of Egypt..Thou art like a young lion of the nations..3 saith the Lord God; I will therefore spread my net over thee with many people..4 I leave thee upon the land, I will cast thee forth upon the open field, and will cause all the fowls of the heaven to remain upon thee, and I will fill the beasts of the whole earth with thee.5 And I will lay thy flesh upon the mountains, and fill the valleys with thy height.6 I will also water with thy blood the land wherein thou swimmest, even to the mountains; and the rivers shall be full of thee.7 And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.8 All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord God.

Let's compare now with Revelations.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 6:22:09 AM
Revelation 6..12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? Revelations 7....9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Revelation 8 ...6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

From what I gather the Seals and trumpets over lap each other but the last seal and the last three trumpets are after Jesus returns and raptures us out. Those last three trumpets and last seal are for the wrath of God for those left on earth and their sins. So, let no man preach nor man tell you that Christ will come anytime before these things pass or you will not receive tribulations for the name of the Lord or your testimony. Prepare. The earth will come upon us and harm us for His name sake. We will be beheaded and harmed for our testimony for Christ. The wrath of God is not for us but for the earth and peoples who have done such things.

2 Corinthians 7:4
Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.

Be joyful in your tribulations and persecution in the name of the Lord. For man can kill flesh and blood but be scared of the One who destroys and kills the soul.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2013 6:40:48 AM
@harbi
Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.

Be joyful in your tribulations and persecution in the name of the Lord. For man can kill flesh and blood but be scared of the One who destroys and kills the soul.
he must be coming then. cos I saw this message painted on the toenails of a hells angel just yesterday in church.