Jump to topic:

Do all Christians deceive about their faith

Chase200mph
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2013 6:02:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Do all Christians deceive about their faith all the time, or are just Catholics like Father Barron on YouTube just better at it than the rest?
https://www.youtube.com...
Jim Chase 11 hours ago

God is love, or else....you must have learned about love in a prison cell Father.

Reply " wordonfirevideo

wordonfirevideo 8 hours ago

No. It's clear you didn't really listen. Better to say: "there's a party going on. Why don't you join?"

Reply " Account blocked!

This wasn"t a lie; it was cowardice of a Catholic Priest. How many times does his god justify killing you for non/different beliefs? The excuse that a Christian can smoke some special Jesus dust and receive clairvoyance from above and beyond normal understand is hardly and excuse I would think. Because when I ask the Father about another Catholic (Adolf Hitler) he told me there are a lot of other Catholics that are not really Catholics (or Christians). I asked if the remaining 38000 Christian denominations outside of Catholics were real Christians, and he said yes, then later said no. The Father lead me to believe that it is up to each Christian to decide who is and isn"t a Christian".but isn"t that what Adolf Hitler did?
While an otherwise educated intelligent person may still believe in the bible, that person would have no educated or intellectual reason to do so.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2013 7:17:28 PM
At 6/23/2013 6:02:19 PM, Chase200mph wrote:
Do all Christians deceive about their faith all the time, or are just Catholics like Father Barron on YouTube just better at it than the rest?
https://www.youtube.com...
Jim Chase 11 hours ago

God is love, or else....you must have learned about love in a prison cell Father.

Reply " wordonfirevideo

wordonfirevideo 8 hours ago

No. It's clear you didn't really listen. Better to say: "there's a party going on. Why don't you join?"

Reply " Account blocked!

This wasn"t a lie; it was cowardice of a Catholic Priest. How many times does his god justify killing you for non/different beliefs? The excuse that a Christian can smoke some special Jesus dust and receive clairvoyance from above and beyond normal understand is hardly and excuse I would think. Because when I ask the Father about another Catholic (Adolf Hitler) he told me there are a lot of other Catholics that are not really Catholics (or Christians). I asked if the remaining 38000 Christian denominations outside of Catholics were real Christians, and he said yes, then later said no. The Father lead me to believe that it is up to each Christian to decide who is and isn"t a Christian".but isn"t that what Adolf Hitler did?

Who says these people are Christian? Not the gospel where Christians find their doctrine.
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
MrProfound
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 12:49:50 PM
Psst. Religion, smeligon. Religion is a waste of time (in my opinion). It brainwashes people into a dogmatic state of mind. It is only good for maintaining structure and order; everything else is insignificant. I'd rather someone get closer to their god through a "spiritual" relationship. Not a ritual one.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:36:57 AM
People are almost completely intolerant when it comes to beliefs, they are like animals squandering over their beliefs like territory. If one were to intrude on this territory the animal would retaliate with mindless anger and try to eliminate the intruder, Humans are no different yet they refuse to be compared to animals though most are far less intelligent than them.
Turn around, go back.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:13:06 PM
At 7/1/2013 12:49:50 PM, MrProfound wrote:
Psst. Religion, smeligon. Religion is a waste of time (in my opinion). It brainwashes people into a dogmatic state of mind. It is only good for maintaining structure and order; everything else is insignificant. I'd rather someone get closer to their god through a "spiritual" relationship. Not a ritual one.

This simply is not true. While ritual is a part of it, religion has helped me explore a lot of things that I didn't have answers to and come to conclusions on my own. I feel much more enlightened due to my relationship with religion and my practice of it.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:37:43 PM
At 7/3/2013 12:13:06 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/1/2013 12:49:50 PM, MrProfound wrote:

This simply is not true. While ritual is a part of it, religion has helped me explore a lot of things that I didn't have answers to and come to conclusions on my own. I feel much more enlightened due to my relationship with religion and my practice of it.

Do you have a book on which you base your religion?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin