Jump to topic:

Marys Lineage??

question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2013 10:58:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What is the lineage of mary? Can list the names back to david?

According to what I found mary was of the levitical lineage, which made her cousin of elizabeth, who married a levite according to tradition in their time...also some say her grand father was matthan a priest, some say it was joachim who was also a priest, I mean if either one of these was mary fathers, how would jesus be of davids on flesh according to what old testament say to rule his throne, adoption is not of the flesh but of the law,

Also some say that joseph father was eli or Heli which was a priest, how many seeds of judah have been priest? Also who was the other claimed person to be joseph father jacob, was he also a priest if so then we have some unfulfillment according scripture and someone has been lying to us.

Pretty strange that matthan was the grandfather of joseph according to matthew, if this is the same matthan as mary grandfather then that would make them cousins, but of the seed of levi, and would make joseph cousin of elizabeth. the confusion continues with Heli as you seen before, of course Heli or eli can not be the same as jacob according to luke which even a blind person can see, but a blinded christian can not.
Now if Heli was a priest according to tradition, even if jesus was adopted, he could not be flesh of david , forget the god part he can not or could not be the messiah of anybody..

luke and mark shows the lie not lining up, but if it was true, who can say that mary was a levite and the seed of judah and joseph was too all at the same time?

There was a John who was a high priest , had a cousin or brother name of Jesus who was suppose to be High Priest, but John had him killed, after john died Judas his son became High Priest, sounds close to the new testament story just with other storys added on..

You had high priest and you had priest, all was levites....not children of judah....loved to see what you have.. of the geneaolgy of mary

Also some christians states that Joseph family "lived in Nazareth which was the home of the eighteenth division of priests, that of Happizzez", a make believed place had eighteenth division priest which was home to them and there is no evidence of this at all.... nazareth not mention in the old testament if it was a place that scripture states according to new testament he will be called a nazerene, it a least should of been mention at least once, or in some kind of map somewhere before the church was created almost 200 years after the godman, josephus writing( which I believed had to be altered to put jesus christians agree with in it) does not put his place of residence or where he came out of.

All made up.... I am now awaking like Isaiah said.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 12:51:30 AM
Jesus descends from God himself.

Mary descends from the line of David but also Joesph her husband also descends from the line of David.

Luke 3:23-38
King James Version (KJV)-Joesph
23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,24 Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,25 Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,26 Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda,27 Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,28 Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,29 Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,30 Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,32 Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,33 Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda,34 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,35 Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

This lineage shows Joesph was descended from David and rightful King. The King only marry's from his bloodline to preserve the Throne from His own blood.

Genealogy of Jesus according to Matthew
Abraham
Isaac
Jacob
Judah & Tamar
Perez
Hezron
Ram
Amminadab
Nahshon
Salmon & Rahab
Boaz & Ruth
Obed
Jesse
David & Bathsheba
Solomon & Naamah
Rehoboam
Abijam
Asa
Jehosaphat
Jehoram
Uzziah
Jotham
Ahaz
Hezekiah
Manasseh
Amon
Josiah
Jeconiah
Shealtiel
Zerubbabel
Abiud
Eliakim
Azor
Zadok
Achim
Eliud
Eleazar
Matthan
Jacob
Joseph & Mary *
Jesus
Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 8:09:15 PM
At 6/25/2013 12:51:30 AM, Harbinger wrote:

Mary descends from the line of David but also Joesph her husband also descends from the line of David.

23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,24 Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,25 Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,26 Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda,27 Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,28 Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,29 Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,30 Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,32 Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,33 Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda,34 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,35 Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

This lineage shows Joesph was descended from David and rightful King. The King only marry's from his bloodline to preserve the Throne from His own blood.

Abraham
Isaac
Jacob
Judah & Tamar
Perez
Hezron
Ram
Amminadab
Nahshon
Salmon & Rahab
Boaz & Ruth
Obed
Jesse
David & Bathsheba
Solomon & Naamah
Rehoboam
Abijam
Asa
Jehosaphat
Jehoram
Uzziah
Jotham
Ahaz
Hezekiah
Manasseh
Amon
Josiah
Jeconiah
Shealtiel
Zerubbabel
Abiud
Eliakim
Azor
Zadok
Achim
Eliud
Eleazar
Matthan
Jacob
Joseph & Mary *
Jesus

my point exactly , if that is the case I descended from From God since adam is my father as well...I am the son of God to right....
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 9:14:38 PM
Ey : At 6/25/2013 8:28:43 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Me too.

But Jesus is certainly a better son than us, just like all prophets..

So then elijah is better son since he did not die and got a free trip in a fire chariot like a king should , even mohammed in the god man died I guess he is a greater brother, elijah I am speaking of..
-)
Point is trace mary lineage back to david, try your best I at least tried, who else would
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 9:30:52 PM
At 6/25/2013 8:09:15 PM, question4u wrote:

Abraham
Isaac
Jacob
Judah & Tamar
Perez
Hezron
Ram
Amminadab
Nahshon
Salmon & Rahab
Boaz & Ruth
Obed
Jesse
David & Bathsheba
Solomon & Naamah
Rehoboam
Abijam
Asa
Jehosaphat
Jehoram
Uzziah
Jotham
Ahaz
Hezekiah
Manasseh
Amon
Josiah
Jeconiah
Shealtiel
Zerubbabel
Abiud
Eliakim
Azor
Zadok
Achim
Eliud
Eleazar
Matthan
Jacob
Joseph & Mary *
Jesus

my point exactly , if that is the case I descended from From God since adam is my father as well...I am the son of God to right....

So elijah must be the best brother to follow since we put it like that, he never died, got a trip like a king in a chariot but a fire chariot, not even mohammed or jesus got that and they both died, I should follow after that prophet , Serve Yahweh and Him alone, If you follow Yahweh then follow Yahweh but if you will Serve THE LORD then serve the Lord, Jesus or Yahshua or Mohammed or who ever I choose Yahweh, '

Ok thats over still looking for mary lineage that trace her back to david and the tribe of Judah, I tried can someone else try with a little research other then answers that does that prove anything. Ask the Holy Spirit, he should give you the answer to answer with. Right?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 11:00:44 PM
You are trying to conflict prophets , the Prophets of God aren't enemies, and the last thing they wanted is that you make them enemies, they did not come for their own Glory but for the Glory of God, for in the Glory of God do they get their Glory. and there is no way and no point to tell this prophet is better. the only thing you can say is the creed of this prophet and his scripture were better preserved.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 2:21:41 AM

You are a Son of God through Jesus Christ. We all do not descend straight from Adam and Eve, the serpent has his geneology as well.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 8:20:35 AM

Abraham
Isaac
Jacob
Judah & Tamar
Perez
Hezron
Ram
Amminadab
Nahshon
Salmon & Rahab
Boaz & Ruth
Obed
Jesse
David & Bathsheba
Solomon & Naamah
Rehoboam
Abijam
Asa
Jehosaphat
Jehoram
Uzziah
Jotham
Ahaz
Hezekiah
Manasseh
Amon
Josiah
Jeconiah
Shealtiel
Zerubbabel
Abiud
Eliakim
Azor
Zadok
Achim
Eliud
Eleazar
Matthan
Jacob
Joseph & Mary *
Jesus

The linage of Joseph does not matter. Jesus is not of "blood" from Joseph, and Joseph himself comes from the God cursed side of the family. He is just a front so Jesus would not be called out as a bastard in society.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 9:33:16 AM
At 6/26/2013 8:20:35 AM, slo1 wrote:

The linage of Joseph does not matter. Jesus is not of "blood" from Joseph, and Joseph himself comes from the God cursed side of the family. He is just a front so Jesus would not be called out as a bastard in society.

It matter's a ton. Jesus in fact from Joesph and Mary's blood. Joesph and Mary are from the same blood. Look at all royalty, they marry from their same blood to preserve that blood. Joseph would not even thought of Mary as a bride if she was not of Judaen blood. They God cursed side of the family? What nonsense is that? You are just babbling garbage.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 9:39:07 AM
At 6/26/2013 9:33:16 AM, Harbinger wrote:

It matter's a ton. Jesus in fact from Joesph and Mary's blood. Joesph and Mary are from the same blood. Look at all royalty, they marry from their same blood to preserve that blood. Joseph would not even thought of Mary as a bride if she was not of Judaen blood. They God cursed side of the family? What nonsense is that? You are just babbling garbage.

I read Solomon progeny was cursed according to the bible, so the king could only be from Nathan, but I don't know why and how true.
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 9:48:12 AM
At 6/26/2013 9:39:07 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

I read Solomon progeny was cursed according to the bible, so the king could only be from Nathan, but I don't know why and how true.

Joesph descends from David. Mary descends from David. Jesus descends from David.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 11:46:06 AM
At 6/26/2013 9:48:12 AM, Harbinger wrote:

Joesph descends from David. Mary descends from David. Jesus descends from David.
Hey, harb. more proof Torah is needed, why so decieved even when the truth is right under your nose?
You reconcile with God through obedeince. Man brings sorrow on Himself. God offers peace and man spits in His face,
One needs to follow Yahshua the Living Torah! Christians do not though so this is a true Christian.
CJB) For Moshe writes about the righteousness grounded in the Torah that the person who does these things will attain life through them.

(KJV) For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

(The Scriptures 1998+) For Mosheh writes about the righteousness which is of the Torah, "The man who does these shall live by them."
Harbinger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 12:01:38 PM
At 6/26/2013 11:46:06 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
At 6/26/2013 9:48:12 AM, Harbinger wrote:

Hey, harb. more proof Torah is needed, why so decieved even when the truth is right under your nose?
You reconcile with God through obedeince. Man brings sorrow on Himself. God offers peace and man spits in His face,
One needs to follow Yahshua the Living Torah! Christians do not though so this is a true Christian.

You just contradicted yourself right here: Jesus is the living Torah, indeed, we follow Him. His gospel that He brought to man in His life. Going back to the Old Law put the gospel and His life to open shame. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 1:58:36 PM

You are the first Christian I have met that is arguing against a virgin birth. Exactly how is Jesus of Joseph's blood?

You have seem to forgotten the point of Solomon who turned towards his exotic's wife's God's and God telling him that he was going to tear his kingdom from him. He raises three adversaries. That is exactly what happened when Solomon's son Rehoboam (of Joseph's linage) came to power.

Like I said Joseph is just for show and the formal linage, as a single mom doesn't quite work with the masses back then.
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 3:00:22 PM
At 6/26/2013 2:21:41 AM, Harbinger wrote:

You are a Son of God through Jesus Christ. We all do not descend straight from Adam and Eve, the serpent has his geneology as well.

how foolish....at least the atheist makes more since... where did you come from a monkey before you received christ, is that your lineage,
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 3:14:15 PM

So how did elizabeth and mary become cousins? Was john the baptist also of judaen blood, if so then his father must of.... you finish
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 3:48:00 PM
At 6/26/2013 1:58:36 PM, slo1 wrote:

You are the first Christian I have met that is arguing against a virgin birth. Exactly how is Jesus of Joseph's blood?

You have seem to forgotten the point of Solomon who turned towards his exotic's wife's God's and God telling him that he was going to tear his kingdom from him. He raises three adversaries. That is exactly what happened when Solomon's son Rehoboam (of Joseph's linage) came to power.

Like I said Joseph is just for show and the formal linage, as a single mom doesn't quite work with the masses back then.

I think he means Jesus is from David like Mary and Josef, not that Jesus descends from Joseph.
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 4:02:47 PM
At 6/26/2013 3:14:15 PM, question4u wrote:

So how did elizabeth and mary become cousins? Was john the baptist also of judaen blood, if so then his father must of.... you finish

Was elizabeth also a judaen? To make it easy for you.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 4:15:11 PM
At 6/26/2013 4:02:47 PM, question4u wrote:

According to the Gospel of Luke, Elisabeth was a daughter of Aaron the high priest (Luke 1:5-7).
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 8:42:52 PM
At 6/26/2013 4:15:11 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

According to the Gospel of Luke, Elisabeth was a daughter of Aaron the high priest (Luke 1:5-7).

elizabeth is the seed of judah or levi?
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 8:09:31 AM
At 6/30/2013 8:42:52 PM, question4u wrote:
At 6/26/2013 4:15:11 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

elizabeth is the seed of judah or levi?

Thank you for all who really did not put up an effort to prove mary lineage, JUST like the jesus on the walls in our church and the mary in our church and homes and tatoos even in our imagination. Can you at least prove who they are I surely can, I will give you a hint , universal/catholic christians created them, another credit goes out to dognox crew
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 8:25:41 AM
At 6/24/2013 10:58:01 PM, question4u wrote:

According to what I found mary was of the levitical lineage, which made her cousin of elizabeth, who married a levite according to tradition in their time...also some say her grand father was matthan a priest, some say it was joachim who was also a priest, I mean if either one of these was mary fathers, how would jesus be of davids on flesh according to what old testament say to rule his throne, adoption is not of the flesh but of the law,

Also some say that joseph father was eli or Heli which was a priest, how many seeds of judah have been priest? Also who was the other claimed person to be joseph father jacob, was he also a priest if so then we have some unfulfillment according scripture and someone has been lying to us.

Pretty strange that matthan was the grandfather of joseph according to matthew, if this is the same matthan as mary grandfather then that would make them cousins, but of the seed of levi, and would make joseph cousin of elizabeth. the confusion continues with Heli as you seen before, of course Heli or eli can not be the same as jacob according to luke which even a blind person can see, but a blinded christian can not.
Now if Heli was a priest according to tradition, even if jesus was adopted, he could not be flesh of david , forget the god part he can not or could not be the messiah of anybody..

luke and mark shows the lie not lining up, but if it was true, who can say that mary was a levite and the seed of judah and joseph was too all at the same time?

There was a John who was a high priest , had a cousin or brother name of Jesus who was suppose to be High Priest, but John had him killed, after john died Judas his son became High Priest, sounds close to the new testament story just with other storys added on..

You had high priest and you had priest, all was levites....not children of judah....loved to see what you have.. of the geneaolgy of mary

Also some christians states that Joseph family "lived in Nazareth which was the home of the eighteenth division of priests, that of Happizzez", a make believed place had eighteenth division priest which was home to them and there is no evidence of this at all.... nazareth not mention in the old testament if it was a place that scripture states according to new testament he will be called a nazerene, it a least should of been mention at least once, or in some kind of map somewhere before the church was created almost 200 years after the godman, josephus writing( which I believed had to be altered to put jesus christians agree with in it) does not put his place of residence or where he came out of.

The answer to the difference in the lineages in Luke and Mark is that one is Matrilineal and the other Patrilineal.

The point being that tracing Mary's line back through both sides of her parentage shows that she was a descendent of David on both sides of her family.
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 9:56:57 AM
T: At 7/6/2013 8:25:41 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 6/24/2013 10:58:01 PM, question4u wrote:

The answer to the difference in the lineages in Luke and Mark is that one is Matrilineal and the other Patrilineal.

The point being that tracing Mary's line back through both sides of her parentage shows that she was a descendent of David on both sides of her family.

If you have no proof it is best not to waste your finger muscles. Even if mary bloodline was linked to both sides, then how would she be related to elizabeth? Now if there is no proof with your words save me and you sometime and do not respond
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 9:59:46 AM

23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,24 Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,25 Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,26 Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda,27 Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,28 Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,29 Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of qorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,30 Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,32 Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,33 Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda,34 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,35 Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Abraham
Isaac
Jacob
Judah & Tamar
Perez
Hezron
Ram
Amminadab
Nahshon
Salmon & Rahab
Boaz & Ruth
Obed
Jesse
David & Bathsheba
Solomon & Naamah
Rehoboam
Abijam
Asa
Jehosaphat
Jehoram
Uzziah
Jotham
Ahaz
Hezekiah
Manasseh
Amon
Josiah
Jeconiah
Shealtiel
Zerubbabel
Abiud
Eliakim
Azor
Zadok
Achim
Eliud
Eleazar
Matthan
Jacob
Joseph & Mary *
Jesus

Makes sense but where does elizabeth blood come in?