Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Misleading Revisions in the New World Trans..

Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 2:52:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Misleading Revisions in the New World Translation

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

More on The Most Perverse of the Version Perversions!!

Misleading Revisions in the New World Translation

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (WTBTS) has inserted numerous changes into a proper translation of the Bible in an effort to validate the non-Christian doctrines of the Jehovah's Witnesses (JWs). Consequently, they claim that their New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT) is superior to all others.

In the examples below, the Authorized English Scriptures, the only not copyrighted Bible. The KJV, 1611 King James Version, is the only Bible that represents the 7th purification spoken in Psalm 12:6. Like Dr. Frank Logsdon, co-founder and chief-editor of the New American Standard Version confessed before he died: "You can say the Authorized Version (KJV) is absolutely correct. How correct? 100%correct!. . . I believe the Spirit of G-d led the translators of the Authorized Version. If you must stand against everyone else, stand."

The second quotation in each example is derived from a post-1989 edition of the NWT (WTBTS of Pennsylvania and International Bible Students Association, c. 1984). References to actual Hebrew and Greek words are derived from Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible (Thomas Nelson, c. 1990), the Greek-English New Testament (Christianity Today, c. 1975) and Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words (McDonald, unabridged ed., n.d.)

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

"Spirit of God" changed to "God's active force."

The revision modifies the original noun with a more impersonal form as the JWs reject the orthodox Christian belief in the personality of the Holy Spirit.

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

"I AM" changed to "I shall prove to be."

The revision clouds the connection between God's self proclaimed title and Jesus' proclamation of being the same in John 8:58, as the JW rejects the deity of Jesus.

Numbers 1:52 And the children of Israel shall pitch their tents, every man by his own camp, and every man by his own standard, throughout their hosts.

"By his own standard" changed to "by his [three-tribe] division."

The Hebrew word degal translated as "standard" literally means flag or banner. Since the JWs regard saluting a flag as an act of idolatry, the text has been altered according to their doctrinal bias. (Same revision found in Num. 2:2, 3, 10, 18, 25; 10: 14, 18, 22, 25.)

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

"Neither shall there be after me" changed to "after me there continued to be none."

The original future tense of the verb indicates that there will never be another being sharing in God's divinity. The altered tense suggests credibility to the JW doctrine of Jesus' becoming a "mighty god" while still being less than Jehovah in nature. (See the John 1: I discussion below for another expression of this JW distortion.)

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

"The spirit shall return" changed to "the spirit itself returns."

The passage indicates the return of a human spirit to God after death. Since the JWs believe in an unconscious state after death, "itself' has been inserted to suggest a more impersonal reference to spirit.

Matthew 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

"Fell down, and worshipped him" changed to "did obeisance to it"

The JWs evade recognizing Jesus as worthy of worship as a divine being by altering the form of honor that he receives from men and angels. The Greek word proskuneo literally means "worship." The use of "obeisance" is a NWT adaptation. (Same revision found in Matt. 8:2; 9:18, 14:33; 15:25; 28:9, 17; Mark 5:6; 15:19; Luke 24:52; John 9:38; Heb. 1:6.)

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

"Least in the kingdom of heaven" changed to "least in relation to the kingdom of the heaven."

The passage indicates that a disobedient believer who sins can still find forgiveness and eternal life. The JWs believe heaven is reserved for only 144,000 specially designated servants of God. The revision suggests more separation between these groups through a status hierarchy.

Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

"Everlasting punishment" changed to "everlasting cutting-off."

The Greek word kolasis translated "punishment" indicates continuous torment, but the NWT revision suggests "termination," as the JWs promote the doctrine of annihilationism regarding condemned souls.

Mark 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

"Baptism of repentance" changed to "baptism [in symbol] of repentance. "

Nothing in the original Greek text justifies the insertion of "in symbol." The revision undermines the significance of John the Baptist's ministry, the Jewish meaning of baptism and the Christian sacrament of baptism in contrast to the more regimented JW baptism requirements.

Luke 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

"Confess me before men" changed to "confesses union with me."

The addition of "union" suggest something more than what the original Greek actually states and adds further credibility to the NWT distortion presented in John 6:56 below.

Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

'To day shalt thou be with me" changed to "I tell you today, You will be with me."

Jesus assured the thief on the cross that their spirits would soon enter the spiritual/heavenly realm together. As the JWs REJECT the belief in the conscious survival of the human spirit after death, their revision suggests that "today" deals with the time of the statement rather than the relocation of their spirits.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

"Word was God" changed to "Word was a god."

The JWs reject the orthodox Christian belief in the deity of Jesus. The revision asserts that Jesus was someone other than God Himself.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

"Believe" changed to "exercise faith."

The orthodox Christian doctrine of spiritual justification and rebirth before God by belief in Jesus is in conflict with the JW doctrine of salvation by works (i.e., obedience to their organization). The revision attempts to describe salvation as a continuous process rather than a radical encounter and transition (Same revision found in John 3:16, 18; 6:29; Rom. 4:3, 10:4, 9, 10.)

John 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

"Dwelleth in me" changed to "remains in union with me."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 4:06:43 PM
Sower: "The KJV, 1611 King James Version, is the only Bible that represents the 7th purification spoken in Psalm 12:6. "

Anna: The KJV is not the 7th "purification" of anything. Do you honestly think old David was sitting back there in ... what? ... about 1,000 BC, looking down the road 1,600 years to an English Bible translation?

"The words of Jehovah are pure words; As silver tried in a furnace on the earth, Purified seven times." (Ps 12: 6)

That's all it says. The words of Jehovah are ... present tense ... at the time ... when David said it ... "pure" or "reliable". Someone would need to take some LSD and hallucinate to see the KJV in David's Psalm.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 9:10:50 PM
At 6/27/2013 4:06:43 PM, annanicole wrote:
Sower: "The KJV, 1611 King James Version, is the only Bible that represents the 7th purification spoken in Psalm 12:6. "

Anna: The KJV is not the 7th "purification" of anything. Do you honestly think old David was sitting back there in ... what? ... about 1,000 BC, looking down the road 1,600 years to an English Bible translation?

"The words of Jehovah are pure words; As silver tried in a furnace on the earth, Purified seven times." (Ps 12: 6)

That's all it says. The words of Jehovah are ... present tense ... at the time ... when David said it ... "pure" or "reliable". Someone would need to take some LSD and hallucinate to see the KJV in David's Psalm.
OF course you are right, I did not see that horse pile of a lie, my bad. I was just pulling stuff off the internet. There is SO much out ther to refute the JW's Thanks for getting that Anna.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 8:22:48 PM
At 6/27/2013 12:43:34 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
Anyone that is of the Christian mindset that the Torah is done away with is wrong, This is not true as the Scriptures state. That person is not a good person to listen to since He does not agree with God who is YHWH and His Son Yahushua haMashiach. (Jesus Christ).
Mat_5:18 "For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done.1 Footnote: 1Lk. 16:17.

MadCornish Ignorantly states:
Oh the Torah hasn't passed away, and it is still a guide to the principles Christians should live under, but we are not under law.

madcornish says "oh, oh...."

Sower says:
The Christians are right, Jw doctrine (even though you were an exile and you still follow the core deception) is EASY to refute.

Sucking up to Christian doctrine just so you can "win their hearts" and slowly with that fake JW kindness I am SO well acquainted with as I have worked with many of them for literally aver a decade, so hot and cold like you and others that are die hard foolish for the JW lie, subtly like a serpent feeding them your bitter horseradish until they vomit and then trying to feed it to them again.

To be under the Law means to break the law. To be under sin, duh. The law points out sin and a quick study of Paul's letters will easily show even you mb, that the law is referred in this way. Common Christian newel's all around. They know this so well that they even use it in Christian Theology, of course. I am very familiar with Christian Theology as I was a Christian for over 14+ years. It is common Scriptural knowledge.

So when you tell somebody like me that openly claims to observe the law that I am under it you are say I am sinning, even if I were lying by saying I was keeping it and was not (which I am striving to keep it accurately, but this is not the main point). Then what you are doing is saying this.

One who says that He keeps the Law by observing it is sinning against God.

How can one sin against God when He is obeying His Law MB?

This is utterly impossible. COMPLETELY by all natural and physical laws even in the world system. The dictionary will show you quickly this is true because I know you are just squirming like a toad right now to prove me wrong and you cannot.
If you do, all I have to do is let it sit for a minute and people will see your contradiction and even now they can see it MB.

So when you said that the Christians should live under...the law you are saying they should sin. Got o any Church ANY church in the entire world of Christendom and they will tell you along with all who study Scripture that to be under the law is to sin. It points out sin. EVERY ONE knows that and if you did which
I am sure you did, as ALL people do, then the reason you quickly tried to refute me and hope I would not bring it up is because in the past I have not responded to you.

You think YHWH does not know what you are up to. You just got called out.

I know how your religious system of a mind works, even tough this is open truth, right now you are scouring this writing to see if there is even one little error you can point out so that you can try and pull the attention off yourself.

Typical JW behavior. Typical.

MB "Oh, I'm not really in the Kingdom Hall right now, or I just read their, literature, or whatever, I would not know exactly because I have not been reading any of your rubbish. But YHWH has had me consistently monitoring your responses to me by a quick skim and I have seen constant errors, contradictions and faults in your responses to me and I know since you have been talking to many others that you have made tons others as the rebellion against you continues, some weak may falter toward you, but that is how the JW movement has grown till know, common knowledge in the Christian denomination. You are one of many MB that shy's a little from allegiance from the JW's so you can appear to be friendly to the Christians. "Oh I am not really with them", yea right, liar.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 6:47:13 AM
The New World Translation Has so many mis quotes in it that I do not know where to begin!

Can you show us a few Mad boy biker the Cornish Liar? Thanks.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 2:38:48 PM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message7/21/2013 2:29:57 PM
Posted: 0 seconds ago
My Christian Brother's and Sister's I would like to share this short post that I have been Happily posting on many Christian Forums that they have been inviting me to as they ask Questions about our Savior's Origins and Roots in the Hebrew lifestyle. Here you are. They enjoy the teaching of the Herisies of the Jehovah's Witnesses Doctrine so they can better witness to them.

Absolutely true you are. JW's as they are called by many on the Streets and forums are deceitful and use Christian doctrine as a front to lure the uneducated into their cult. The main heresy at the core of their lie is that Yahushua (Jesus) was a Creation and they deceptively use core Salvation Scriptures that Declare Messaih as Eternal to suck many Christians into conversation, they then twist doctrine and destroy the belief of a believer slowly by introducing disgusting docrtine,
They are so foul. Brothers and Sister's unless you are adept with The Commands/Torah of Scripture, steer clear, they are evil. Not skilled in Scripture, but evil.