Jump to topic:

http://www.youtube.com...

Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 3:03:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://governingbodyletters.blogspot.com...

Letters From The Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses

Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Watchtower Blatantly Lies To It's Members
Previous to a major policy change in 1990, Watchtower literature was distributed at what was termed a "specified contribution" price for each item. Witness canvassers (called "publishers") bought their literature supplies from the congregation and then resold these from door-to-door. All monies were then remitted to the Society's headquarters in Brooklyn, New York.
The new policy announced in 1990 detailed a complete donation basis for literature. It was now to be supplied without charge to congregations, but contribution boxes are placed by the counter for donations from the publishers, supposedly to cover the cost of printing and distribution. In the field, donations for the items are solicited, but are supposedly not necessary in order to obtain books and magazines. Such donations received from the public are then to be brought back to the Kingdom Hall and sent to the Society.
What was the motivation for these changes?
The Society's answer was that less paperwork would be needed and the literature could be more easily distributed. "By adopting a method of literature distribution based completely on donation, Jehovah's people are able to greatly simplify our Bible education work and separate ourselves from those who commercialize religion." (Letter from the Watch Tower Society to all U.S. congregations dated February 21, 1990.)
This is a blatant lie! The real truth is:
In the SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES, October Tenth, 1988, Case No. 88-1374, filed on June 22, 1988, Clerk Joseph F. Spanol, Jr.
On that date and file number, The Attoreny James M. McCabe,and Donald T. Ridley, 25 Colombia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11251 (718)606-4993, Attorneys for Amicus Curiae, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. filed a "Friends of the Court" brief on the behalf of the famous preacher, Jimmy Swaggart and his Ministries.
Why would the Watchtower Society, direct channel for Jehovah's holy spirt, which also godly hates Babylon the Great, which also Christiandom is the largest part, go into the Supreme Court of the United States and file a legal brief to help Jimmy Swaggart's ministries in his trial which was Case No. 88-1374: Jimmy Swaggart Ministries, Appelant vs. BOARD OF EQUALIZATION OF CALIFORNIA, Appeller?
Early 1980 State of California informs Jimmy Swaggart Ministries that tax is due for religious books and tapes sold in the state since 1974. Swaggart eventually pays the tax--$183,000.00--but sues for a refund. The case begins moving toward the U.S. Supreme Court.
February, 1989 U.S. Supreme Court rules it is illegal for Texas (and 14 other states) to exempt religious books from sales tax. Some states had been taxing religious books all along.
Summer, 1989 WT Society gives away "free" books released at U.S. conventions. Witnesses are instructed to place donations in contribution boxes to cover the cost.
June 22, 1989 Watchtower Society, files amicus curiae ("friend of the court") brief with U.S. Supreme Court in Jimmy Swaggart case. Others filing similar briefs include National Council of Churches and Society for Krishna Consciousness.
January 17, 1990 U.S. Supreme Court rules against Jimmy Swaggart Ministries, declaring that the sales tax must be paid.
February 9, 1990 WT Society writes letter to congregations announcing that literature will no longer be sold at Kingdom Hall and no price will be set in door-to-door distribution.
February 25, 1990 February 9th letter from Society is read at Sunday meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses across the United States.
March 1, 1990 New policy of distributing literature without naming a price goes into effect.
The March 15, 1990, WATCHTOWER magazine and March 22nd AWAKE!--printed earlier--still say "25 cents (U.S.) a copy" and "$5.00 (U.S.) per year." The April 1, 1990, Watchtower no longer carries a price.
March 11, 1990 Announcement is made at Kingdom Halls in the U.S. that food will be available at no cost, on a freewill donation basis, at JW conventions.
The Watchtowr Bible and Tract Society simply did not want to pay the tax on goods sold.
"the Scriptures justify the 'war strategy' of hiding true facts from the enemy."--THE WATCHTOWER May 15, 1960, page 295
Posted by Theocratic Joker at 2:49 PM
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 5:22:16 PM
At 6/27/2013 2:53:41 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
http://www.youtube.com......

Let me know what you all think of that video.. Thanks.

I like youtube. I use it all the time. Thanks for sharing.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 7:32:44 PM
Ask to buy an original copy of "Millions Now Living Will Never Die". Among the gems included are:

"Seventy jubilees of fifty years each would be a total of 3500 years. That period of time beginning 1575 before A.D. 1 of necessity would end in the fall of the year 1925, at which time the type ends and the great antitype must begin. What, then, should we expect to take place? The chief thing to be restored is the human race to life; and since other Scriptures definitely fix the fact that there will be a resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful ones of old, and that these will have the first favour, we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth." Millions Now Living Will Never Die , p. 88

Most people did not fall for that imbecility, but guess who did? Who swallowed it hook, line, and sinker? Of course, the Bible taught the doctrine - especially when illuminated by the Holy Spirit:

"Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith then Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge." WatchTower Apr 1, 1923, p. 106

"The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914;"" WatchTower Jul 15, 1924, p. 211

Blah!

"But all the enemies of the cause of present truth in the earth are fervently hoping that the Bible students will not be so successful in 1925 in looking for the right thing at the right time as they were in 1914. if they are, however, it will be the other fellow that will have to do the explaining, and not we." Golden Age, 1924 Feb 13 p. 314

They were sure talking "bigger" in 1924 than they were in 1926!

Ask for copies of these books. You won't owe any sales tax - because there won't be any sale.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 7:35:45 PM
At 6/28/2013 7:32:44 PM, annanicole wrote:
Ask to buy an original copy of "Millions Now Living Will Never Die". Among the gems included are:

"Seventy jubilees of fifty years each would be a total of 3500 years. That period of time beginning 1575 before A.D. 1 of necessity would end in the fall of the year 1925, at which time the type ends and the great antitype must begin. What, then, should we expect to take place? The chief thing to be restored is the human race to life; and since other Scriptures definitely fix the fact that there will be a resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful ones of old, and that these will have the first favour, we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth." Millions Now Living Will Never Die , p. 88

Most people did not fall for that imbecility, but guess who did? Who swallowed it hook, line, and sinker? Of course, the Bible taught the doctrine - especially when illuminated by the Holy Spirit:

"Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith then Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge." WatchTower Apr 1, 1923, p. 106

"The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914;"" WatchTower Jul 15, 1924, p. 211

Blah!

"But all the enemies of the cause of present truth in the earth are fervently hoping that the Bible students will not be so successful in 1925 in looking for the right thing at the right time as they were in 1914. if they are, however, it will be the other fellow that will have to do the explaining, and not we." Golden Age, 1924 Feb 13 p. 314

They were sure talking "bigger" in 1924 than they were in 1926!

Ask for copies of these books. You won't owe any sales tax - because there won't be any sale.
I have seen this deception too Anna, the Watch tower could not predict the time of day the Trash man is coming.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 7:36:06 PM
At 6/27/2013 12:43:34 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
Anyone that is of the Christian mindset that the Torah is done away with is wrong, This is not true as the Scriptures state. That person is not a good person to listen to since He does not agree with God who is YHWH and His Son Yahushua haMashiach. (Jesus Christ).
Mat_5:18 "For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done.1 Footnote: 1Lk. 16:17.

Oh the Torah hasn't passed away, and it is still a guide to the principles Christians should live under, but we are not under law.

madcornish says "oh, oh...."

The Christians are right, Jw doctrine (even though you were an exile and you still follow the core deception) is EASY to refute.

Sucking up to Christian doctrine just so you can "win their hearts" and slowly with that fake JW kindness I am SO well acquainted with as I have worked with many of them for literally aver a decade, so hot and cold like you and others that are die hard foolish for the JW lie, subtly like a serpent feeding them your bitter horseradish until they vomit and then trying to feed it to them again.

To be under the Law means to break the law. To be under sin, duh. The law points out sin and a quick study of Paul's letters will easily show even you mb, that the law is referred in this way. Common Christian knowelege all around. They know this so well that they even use it in Christian Theology, of course. I am very familiar with Christian Theology as I was a Christian for over 14+ years. It is common Scriptural knowledge.

So when you tell somebody like me that openly claims to observe the law that I am under it you are say I am sinning, even if I were lying by saying I was keeping it and was not (which I am striving to keep it accurately, but this is not the main point). Then what you are doing is saying this.

One who says that He keeps the Law by observing it is sinning against God.

How can one sin against God when He is obeying His Law MB?

This is utterly impossible. COMPLETELY by all natural and physical laws even in the world system. The dictionary will show you quickly this is true because I know you are just squirming like a toad right now to prove me wrong and you cannot.
If you do, all I have to do is let it sit for a minute and people will see your contradiction and even now they can see it MB.

So when you said that the Christians should live under...the law you are saying they should sin. Got o any Church ANY church in the entire world of Christendom and they will tell you along with all who study Scripture that to be under the law is to sin. It points out sin. EVERY ONE knows that and if you did which
I am sure you did, as ALL people do, then the reason you quickly tried to refute me and hope I would not bring it up is because in the past I have not responded to you.

You think YHWH does not know what you are up to. You just got called out.