Jump to topic:

Where is the book for Muhammad

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2013 4:02:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Jibreel was pretty insistent that Muhammad READ something in their first meeting. What was it he was meant to read? Did Jibreel bring a book along with him? Did Allah send Jibreel with a book? Why didn't Muhammad bring the book out of the cave? Or is all of this just make believe?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2013 5:57:31 AM
Well, the verb read, even in Arabic, isn't used just for books, but for information, data, Mohamed was being revealed a data, that he had to read, as he was illiterate he said to Gabriel that he couldn't read, but Gabriel insisted and pressured Mohammed, peace be upon both, until He revealed to him the first verses of the Quran :

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Read: In the name of thy Lord Who createth, (1) Createth man from a clot. (2) Read: And thy Lord is the Most Bounteous, (3) Who teacheth by the pen, (4) Teacheth man that which he knew not. (5)/ Quran/5

So "Read" a data that is transferred directly to his heart or memory.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2013 8:35:02 AM
At 7/4/2013 5:57:31 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Well, the verb read, even in Arabic, isn't used just for books, but for information, data, Mohamed was being revealed a data, that he had to read, as he was illiterate he said to Gabriel that he couldn't read, but Gabriel insisted and pressured Mohammed, peace be upon both, until He revealed to him the first verses of the Quran :

Read: In the name of thy Lord Who createth, (1) Createth man from a clot. (2) Read: And thy Lord is the Most Bounteous, (3) Who teacheth by the pen, (4) Teacheth man that which he knew not. (5)/ Quran/5

It matters not whether it was a book or some camel hide or papyrus, it was written message. WHERE is it now and what does it say?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2013 11:58:23 AM
At 7/4/2013 8:35:02 AM, bulproof wrote:

It matters not whether it was a book or some camel hide or papyrus, it was written message. WHERE is it now and what does it say?

It's Quran, Check here for more about what it says:

http://quranexplorer.com...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2013 11:18:40 PM
At 7/4/2013 11:58:23 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/4/2013 8:35:02 AM, bulproof wrote:

It's Quran, Check here for more about what it says:

http://quranexplorer.com...

So Jibreel had THE QURAN for Muhammad to read. Where is that book now? You did say earlier that it wasn't a book, but I'll let it slide.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 9:09:35 AM
I wonder if you play purposely or you really don't understand ?

The Quran is the literal word of God, it was "revealed" to Mohamed in portions during 23 years! it wasn't given to him as one physical book ! he was illiterate, it was directly written in his memory, and he asked his companions to write it down each time he was revealed something. so they wrote it and memorised it by portions, and he died soon after the revelation was complete in the eleventh year after migration to Madinah, few months after the verse of completion of the revelation was revealed to him: "...This day are those who disbelieve in despair of (ever harming) your religion; so fear them not, fear Me! This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion AL-ISLAM..." from verse 3 Chapter 5/Quran.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 9:00:55 AM
At 7/4/2013 4:02:59 AM, bulproof wrote:
Jibreel was pretty insistent that Muhammad READ something in their first meeting. What was it he was meant to read? Did Jibreel bring a book along with him? Did Allah send Jibreel with a book? Why didn't Muhammad bring the book out of the cave? Or is all of this just make believe?

Response: Muhammad was told to "Iqraa", which means to, read,recite, repeat,and proclaim. So Muhammad did not have to read something that was written, but to proclaim, recite, and repeat, after Jibreel, the words of the Qur'an that were stated by Jibreel. Repeating after someone does not require written form, and can be done orally. The oral recitation pf the Qir'an is now preserved in written form inside of a book and a book form of the Qur'an does exist.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 10:19:14 AM
At 7/6/2013 9:00:55 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/4/2013 4:02:59 AM, bulproof wrote:

Response: Muhammad was told to "Iqraa", which means to, read,recite, repeat,and proclaim. So Muhammad did not have to read something that was written, but to proclaim, recite, and repeat, after Jibreel, the words of the Qur'an that were stated by Jibreel. Repeating after someone does not require written form, and can be done orally. The oral recitation pf the Qir'an is now preserved in written form inside of a book and a book form of the Qur'an does exist.

Ohh dear, telling untruths again, is it possible for you to say anything that doesn't contain a lie? Each of your definitions are possible definitions, they aren't always active.
If I gave you a book and commanded you READ, I would hope that you would understand what I asked and read the book.
If I gave you a book and commanded you recite,I would hope that you would understand what I asked and recite the book.
If I gave you a sentence and commanded you repeat,I would hope that you would understand what I asked and repeat the sentence.
If I gave you a command and commanded you proclaim,I would hope that you would understand what I asked and proclaim the command.
According to the quran, Jibreel commanded THREE times that muhammad READ and didn't provide a single passage for him to RECITE until the third time.
To anybody who can read, it is patently obvious that jibreel was telling muhammad to READ. That is the translation into English in every translation I have ever seen. If he meant any other translation then why does no-one use it?
Ohh how lucky are you, I have the answer. It would make muhammad look absolutely STUPID for saying "I am unlettered". After all his story had to include his claim that he couldn't READ. Now then if he had claimed that he couldn't "recite", "repeat", or "proclaim" he would have looked like an absolute idiot.
Now what was it that jibreel said?
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 11:14:18 AM
At 7/6/2013 10:19:14 AM, bulproof wrote:

Ohh dear, telling untruths again, is it possible for you to say anything that doesn't contain a lie? Each of your definitions are possible definitions, they aren't always active.
If I gave you a book and commanded you READ, I would hope that you would understand what I asked and read the book.
If I gave you a book and commanded you recite,I would hope that you would understand what I asked and recite the book.
If I gave you a sentence and commanded you repeat,I would hope that you would understand what I asked and repeat the sentence.
If I gave you a command and commanded you proclaim,I would hope that you would understand what I asked and proclaim the command.
According to the quran, Jibreel commanded THREE times that muhammad READ and didn't provide a single passage for him to RECITE until the third time.
To anybody who can read, it is patently obvious that jibreel was telling muhammad to READ. That is the translation into English in every translation I have ever seen. If he meant any other translation then why does no-one use it?
Ohh how lucky are you, I have the answer. It would make muhammad look absolutely STUPID for saying "I am unlettered". After all his story had to include his claim that he couldn't READ. Now then if he had claimed that he couldn't "recite", "repeat", or "proclaim" he would have looked like an absolute idiot.
Now what was it that jibreel said?

Response: Again, we see you get denounced by your own idiocy. For you just stated that at the third time, Jibril gave Muhammad a passage to RECITE. Dummy. Therefore, your own idiocy shows that Jibril was telling him to recite.

That's why it's so amusing debating you, because when it comes to easily exposing your idiocy, you do the half the work for me. Debunked as usual.