Jump to topic:

Demonology

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 11:52:14 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
[NOTE: I don't necessarily belie in demons or other Metaphysical entities , but I am interested in the science of them]

Does anyone know much about this, besides delving into the theory of any particular religion? Any goods sites dealing with Demonology?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 12:12:17 PM
"Demon" is just a mischaracterization of real interdimensional beings. They have nothing to do with religion, nor do they behave the way religions might have you think. Some interdimensionals are benevolent, others are malicious.

As far as the science behind them, they can only manifest in this dimension by using a human body as a host. The person must have a specific DNA sequence to allow these beings to inhabit the body.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 12:18:32 PM
At 12/7/2009 12:12:17 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"Demon" is just a mischaracterization of real interdimensional beings. They have nothing to do with religion, nor do they behave the way religions might have you think. Some interdimensionals are benevolent, others are malicious.

As far as the science behind them, they can only manifest in this dimension by using a human body as a host. The person must have a specific DNA sequence to allow these beings to inhabit the body.

So you're view of "Demons" are simply metaphysical entities not tied down to historical tales?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 12:32:26 PM
the only thing to study "scientifically" about "demons", is the belief in them.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 12:34:58 PM
You mean the study, not the science of them, Panda :)
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 12:36:21 PM
At 12/7/2009 12:18:32 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

So you're view of "Demons" are simply metaphysical entities not tied down to historical tales?

These interdimensionals are generally extraterrestrial. Alien beings take many forms and some manifest in this dimension and others manifest in higher dimensions.

It's not that these beings came from religion, religions came from the misunderstanding of these beings. The extraterrestrials were worshiped as gods in the ancient times, and that's why we still have religion. Problem is, they weren't gods, they were highly advanced beings.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 12:39:04 PM
At 12/7/2009 12:36:21 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/7/2009 12:18:32 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

These interdimensionals are generally extraterrestrial. Alien beings take many forms and some manifest in this dimension and others manifest in higher dimensions.

It's not that these beings came from religion, religions came from the misunderstanding of these beings. The extraterrestrials were worshiped as gods in the ancient times, and that's why we still have religion. Problem is, they weren't gods, they were highly advanced beings.

lol. why do you believe this?

Because it fits, kinda? How about the multitude of less complicated, and better fitting explanations?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 12:40:56 PM
At 12/7/2009 12:34:58 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

Well, yeah, basically I'm just interested in the subject of it. Sop, any books or anything people can add to positively contribute to this?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 2:09:29 PM
At 12/7/2009 12:40:56 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 12/7/2009 12:34:58 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

Well, yeah, basically I'm just interested in the subject of it. Sop, any books or anything people can add to positively contribute to this?

Since the base of the western concept is rooted in pagan rip offs, namely Pan, look to early church characterisations. Buddhism has a type of hell and demons, as does Indian Hindu mythos, Japanese Shinto. Dao too from memory, though that's more folk lore heritage.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 4:15:19 PM
My brother had demons visit him every night till the doctor gave him 3 pills to take every day one after every meal and they never came back...
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 4:16:42 PM
At 12/7/2009 4:15:19 PM, banker wrote:
My brother had demons visit him every night till the doctor gave him 3 pills to take every day one after every meal and they never came back...

Behold the The power of Placebo, unless of course the doctor was the eminent Dr. Van Helsing.

Metaphysics:
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 4:17:40 PM
I think the demons in Dao are an unfortunate add on of folk traditions in the area.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 4:22:29 PM
I'm taking a Chinese philosophy class, and the Daodejing is awesome.

With it and the xuangzi as my basis though I can't see how demons fit into Daoism, as it is very skepticist in nature, and the idea of demons is pretty unsupported. Further if anything it's also about "oneness" which demons as separate "pure" entities hardly fit into.

Metaphysics:
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 6:53:35 PM
Daodejing what is it and what makes it so awsome?

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 7:16:45 PM
Are you watching luara brown?

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2009 6:56:21 AM
At 12/9/2009 6:53:35 PM, banker wrote:
Daodejing what is it and what makes it so awsome?

It's a chinese, daoist book from a few thousand years ago.

It's "awesome" in my opinion b/c it sketches out pretty good reasons for being skeptical about your knowing the nature of reality, and does it in a poetic way.

Metaphysics:
Lexicaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 5:49:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/7/2009 11:52:14 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
[NOTE: I don't necessarily belie in demons or other Metaphysical entities , but I am interested in the science of them]

Does anyone know much about this, besides delving into the theory of any particular religion? Any goods sites dealing with Demonology?

If you must: Google the following --

1. The Goetia
2. The Key of Solomon
3. Oni, Djinn, Demon, Daeva, Asura, Elohim

That should do the trick, whether studying from a mythological or true believer perspective.
http://mastersofcreationrpg.com... - My new site and long-developed project. Should be fun.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 4:56:04 PM
Come now, you can't talk about demonology for this many posts without bringing up the whole reason people spec into it-- the felguard.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
mrnemo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 1:25:57 PM
At 12/7/2009 11:52:14 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

There is the ofs demonlatry site. They are a online group that worships demons they have a library.

Link http://www.demonolatry.org...
CrappyDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 1:35:10 PM
At 12/19/2009 4:56:04 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Come now, you can't talk about demonology for this many posts without bringing up the whole reason people spec into it-- the felguard.

Oh Jeez.... WoW.