Total Posts:113|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Bible is an Abomination of God.

Bagofhammers
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 10:32:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Can anyone defend the atrocities of Moses? Is there any way anyone can defend the murder of the innocent, faceless hero whom chose to pick up sticks on Moses's Sabbath in protest of his laws? Can you defend the murders of 3000 innocent Jews who chose to build the Golden Calf in peaceful protest against Moe's tyranny? Can anyone defend YHWH(the God of Terrorism) for the horrible atrocities he commits, and has his minions commit? Which horrible atrocity and evil teachings in the OT shall we debate first then? You chooses.
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 10:35:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 10:32:29 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
Can anyone defend the atrocities of Moses? Is there any way anyone can defend the murder of the innocent, faceless hero whom chose to pick up sticks on Moses's Sabbath in protest of his laws? Can you defend the murders of 3000 innocent Jews who chose to build the Golden Calf in peaceful protest against Moe's tyranny? Can anyone defend YHWH(the God of Terrorism) for the horrible atrocities he commits, and has his minions commit? Which horrible atrocity and evil teachings in the OT shall we debate first then? You chooses.

Nonsense.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 10:42:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
He being the owner of all that exists, does justify his justice. so instead of wondering how moral, you should be focused on God truth.
Bagofhammers
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 10:45:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 10:35:01 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/10/2013 10:32:29 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
Can anyone defend the atrocities of Moses? Is there any way anyone can defend the murder of the innocent, faceless hero whom chose to pick up sticks on Moses's Sabbath in protest of his laws? Can you defend the murders of 3000 innocent Jews who chose to build the Golden Calf in peaceful protest against Moe's tyranny? Can anyone defend YHWH(the God of Terrorism) for the horrible atrocities he commits, and has his minions commit? Which horrible atrocity and evil teachings in the OT shall we debate first then? You chooses.


No, Really. Read the OP again and try and actually take a stand for all the terrorism in the doctrine of terrorism(the OT). Morally, you can't. By ignoring the open, unrepentant atrocious evil in the Bible, you then condemn the innocent victims of terrorism to Hell where Moses took them. There is a complete lack of compassion for a LOT of innocent people (Jesus included) because people blindly follow Moses's influence.
Nonsense.
Bagofhammers
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 10:52:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 10:42:50 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
He being the owner of all that exists, does justify his justice. so instead of wondering how moral, you should be focused on God truth.

You are supposed to be guided by your own moral compass. Any religion that teaches otherwise is lying. Just because Moses says he is "all that", don't make him "all that". As soon as he has innocent people stoned to death and run through just because they wanted to worship God in their own way OTHER than Moses's way, that's where he loses all credibility. He is a full-on tyrannical, terrorist dictator. He murders thousands and thousands, commits genocide, and frames God for it.Moses tells the Jews not to marry outside of their race in remembrance of their "covenant", and any Jew that walks the streets and preach of any other religion is to be killed right there on the spot.
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 10:58:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 10:32:29 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
Can anyone defend the atrocities of Moses?

The psychopathic genocides committed by this mass-murderer almost scream for me to fulfill Godwin's Law at the outset of this thread. I will restrain myself.

(I should add that I doubt that the Stalinist Moses was ever a real, historical figure.)

Let us analyze his crimes. I can do this quickly, so please bear with me for only a moment, while I analyze scripture:

According to Numbers, 32,000 little girls were made into sexual slaves after Moses murdered their mothers, and killed their fathers who tries to protect them. We can quibble about the exact figures here, but sober estimates of the total number of Midianites thus slaughtered range from between 1 million and 60,000.

Considering that the total global population at this time is estimated at around 5-10 million persons, Moses wiped out a share of the human race that corresponds roughly to the same percentage of humans that were Roman citizens during the height of the Roman Empire.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

He did this because some Israelite men had run off with some Midianite women and started worshiping another god.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:03:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Their way is wrong, God say it's wrong, and God lead Moses to His way.

you can complain that you don't know if Moses is truly a prophet, but he was, and the children of Israel did know and did follow him. then they did not keep the commands (most of them).

Do you accept, that if God has a unique way to be worshiped, and that He did send the prophets to show the people how to approach their God, that people should follow the prophets and not their own superstitions ?
Bagofhammers
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:03:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 10:42:50 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
He being the owner of all that exists, does justify his justice. so instead of wondering how moral, you should be focused on God truth.

Does that mean I should throw away what my heart is telling me about morals and replace it with the OT's. Is there anything about the OT that can hold any water at all? Do you actually believe the OT has any credibility at all? To the point of actually throwing away your moral compass and replace it with Moses's moral compass? Who is this Moses to know Jack about Jack? Is he good because he tells you he is? Is he and YHWH good for murdering 1000's of peaceful protesters?
Bagofhammers
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:06:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 11:03:35 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Their way is wrong, God say it's wrong, and God lead Moses to His way.

you can complain that you don't know if Moses is truly a prophet, but he was, and the children of Israel did know and did follow him. then they did not keep the commands (most of them).

Do you accept, that if God has a unique way to be worshiped, and that He did send the prophets to show the people how to approach their God, that people should follow the prophets and not their own superstitions ?

Muhammad perfected Moses's approach to God. Islamic terrorism is Moses's and Muhammad's approach to God.
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:09:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 10:45:17 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
At 7/10/2013 10:35:01 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/10/2013 10:32:29 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
Can anyone defend the atrocities of Moses? Is there any way anyone can defend the murder of the innocent, faceless hero whom chose to pick up sticks on Moses's Sabbath in protest of his laws? Can you defend the murders of 3000 innocent Jews who chose to build the Golden Calf in peaceful protest against Moe's tyranny? Can anyone defend YHWH(the God of Terrorism) for the horrible atrocities he commits, and has his minions commit? Which horrible atrocity and evil teachings in the OT shall we debate first then? You chooses.



No, Really. Read the OP again and try and actually take a stand for all the terrorism in the doctrine of terrorism(the OT). Morally, you can't. By ignoring the open, unrepentant atrocious evil in the Bible, you then condemn the innocent victims of terrorism to Hell where Moses took them. There is a complete lack of compassion for a LOT of innocent people (Jesus included) because people blindly follow Moses's influence.
Nonsense.

Once more... nonsense.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:10:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 11:03:59 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
At 7/10/2013 10:42:50 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
He being the owner of all that exists, does justify his justice. so instead of wondering how moral, you should be focused on God truth.

Does that mean I should throw away what my heart is telling me about morals and replace it with the OT's. Is there anything about the OT that can hold any water at all? Do you actually believe the OT has any credibility at all? To the point of actually throwing away your moral compass and replace it with Moses's moral compass? Who is this Moses to know Jack about Jack? Is he good because he tells you he is? Is he and YHWH good for murdering 1000's of peaceful protesters?

What are my own Morals ? do you mean the modern secular morals ?!The creator is the one who knows what our morals ought to be, we humans don't really know, hence why we differ so much about them.Moses is a worshipper of God, that God chose for a mission, that he did accomplish, and for that reason he is good, for he know his lord, and doesn't follow his own desires.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:13:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 11:06:52 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
At 7/10/2013 11:03:35 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Their way is wrong, God say it's wrong, and God lead Moses to His way.

you can complain that you don't know if Moses is truly a prophet, but he was, and the children of Israel did know and did follow him. then they did not keep the commands (most of them).

Do you accept, that if God has a unique way to be worshiped, and that He did send the prophets to show the people how to approach their God, that people should follow the prophets and not their own superstitions ?

Muhammad perfected Moses's approach to God. Islamic terrorism is Moses's and Muhammad's approach to God.

You not liking the way doesn't in anyway disprove their prophet-hood!
Bagofhammers
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:18:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 11:10:14 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/10/2013 11:03:59 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
At 7/10/2013 10:42:50 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
He being the owner of all that exists, does justify his justice. so instead of wondering how moral, you should be focused on God truth.

Does that mean I should throw away what my heart is telling me about morals and replace it with the OT's. Is there anything about the OT that can hold any water at all? Do you actually believe the OT has any credibility at all? To the point of actually throwing away your moral compass and replace it with Moses's moral compass? Who is this Moses to know Jack about Jack? Is he good because he tells you he is? Is he and YHWH good for murdering 1000's of peaceful protesters?

What are my own Morals ? do you mean the modern secular morals ?!The creator is the one who knows what our morals ought to be, we humans don't really know, hence why we differ so much about them.Moses is a worshipper of God, that God chose for a mission, that he did accomplish, and for that reason he is good, for he know his lord, and doesn't follow his own desires.

What set of morals do we use? How about common sense? Is that holy enough 4 U? Is it common sense to take to influence a man who is openly, unrepentantly evil? If you want to use Moses's moral compass, you need to realize Moses is guilty of his own commandment of "thou shalt not kill". He is evil by his own standards.
Bagofhammers
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:24:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 11:13:09 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/10/2013 11:06:52 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
At 7/10/2013 11:03:35 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Their way is wrong, God say it's wrong, and God lead Moses to His way.

you can complain that you don't know if Moses is truly a prophet, but he was, and the children of Israel did know and did follow him. then they did not keep the commands (most of them).

Do you accept, that if God has a unique way to be worshiped, and that He did send the prophets to show the people how to approach their God, that people should follow the prophets and not their own superstitions ?

Muhammad perfected Moses's approach to God. Islamic terrorism is Moses's and Muhammad's approach to God.

You not liking the way doesn't in anyway disprove their prophet-hood!

I am not arguing weather they were Prophets or not. A Prophet is just a character in an evil fictional book. Moses of the OT is NOT to be worshipped, loved, or taken to influence, or considered an authority on God in any way. Moses(the character) created the God of Terrorism. The Bible teaches the philosophy of Terrorism, and murders, and sanctions the murders of anyone. Just ask Jesus. Jesus was guilty of capitol crimes, according to Moses.
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:39:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"The creator is the one who knows what our morals ought to be, we humans don't really know"

This argument suggests that gods and goddesses hand down our ideas of "right and wrong."

I note (with sympathy) that the writer of this argument comes from a religion that teaches us that our knowledge of good and evil come from a lesser deity named "Satan."

From Genesis 4: the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

And, she ate... and the rest.

I love the lunacy of the bible.
Bagofhammers
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 12:06:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 11:39:32 PM, DeFool wrote:
"The creator is the one who knows what our morals ought to be, we humans don't really know"

This argument suggests that gods and goddesses hand down our ideas of "right and wrong."

I note (with sympathy) that the writer of this argument comes from a religion that teaches us that our knowledge of good and evil come from a lesser deity named "Satan."

From Genesis 4: the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

And, she ate... and the rest.

I love the lunacy of the bible.

That is a fantastic argument. I have used that one on many occasion. The Bible teaches that even SEEKING knowledge between what is right and what is wrong is the cause of all evil in the world. The Bible is an atrocious monstrosity. It makes people throw away their whole moral compass. With the OT, murder is good, genocide is good, and terrorism is the iron grip of the land. The Bible's God is the same as Muhammad's God. It's just straight up terrorism. Terrorism that Jesus himself was a victim of. Try and tell that to a Christian tho....They argue Jesus was not a victim. Makes me wonder how much compassion can they have for him if they don't even consider him a victim of terrorism.
Bagofhammers
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 12:35:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 10:58:48 PM, DeFool wrote:
At 7/10/2013 10:32:29 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
Can anyone defend the atrocities of Moses?


The psychopathic genocides committed by this mass-murderer almost scream for me to fulfill Godwin's Law at the outset of this thread. I will restrain myself.

(I should add that I doubt that the Stalinist Moses was ever a real, historical figure.)

Let us analyze his crimes. I can do this quickly, so please bear with me for only a moment, while I analyze scripture:

According to Numbers, 32,000 little girls were made into sexual slaves after Moses murdered their mothers, and killed their fathers who tries to protect them. We can quibble about the exact figures here, but sober estimates of the total number of Midianites thus slaughtered range from between 1 million and 60,000.

Considering that the total global population at this time is estimated at around 5-10 million persons, Moses wiped out a share of the human race that corresponds roughly to the same percentage of humans that were Roman citizens during the height of the Roman Empire.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

He did this because some Israelite men had run off with some Midianite women and started worshiping another god.

You could go on for days listing all the openly, unrepentant atrocities of Moses and YHWH.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 9:01:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 11:10:14 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/10/2013 11:03:59 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
At 7/10/2013 10:42:50 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
He being the owner of all that exists, does justify his justice. so instead of wondering how moral, you should be focused on God truth.

Does that mean I should throw away what my heart is telling me about morals and replace it with the OT's. Is there anything about the OT that can hold any water at all? Do you actually believe the OT has any credibility at all? To the point of actually throwing away your moral compass and replace it with Moses's moral compass? Who is this Moses to know Jack about Jack? Is he good because he tells you he is? Is he and YHWH good for murdering 1000's of peaceful protesters?

What are my own Morals ? do you mean the modern secular morals ?!The creator is the one who knows what our morals ought to be, we humans don't really know, hence why we differ so much about them.Moses is a worshipper of God, that God chose for a mission, that he did accomplish, and for that reason he is good, for he know his lord, and doesn't follow his own desires.

Modern secular morals, you mean the morals that call for freedom of religion? If you don't agree with religious tolerance, why don't you do as Moses did? Why not initiate genocide in your own country? Why tolerate all the abominations that are spelled out in the Bill of Rights? To do so would mean letting the infidel prosper and live in defiance against your god. Your lack of action is cowardice and apathetic immorality.
Naysayer
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 9:14:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 10:32:29 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
Can anyone defend the atrocities of Moses? Is there any way anyone can defend the murder of the innocent, faceless hero whom chose to pick up sticks on Moses's Sabbath in protest of his laws? Can you defend the murders of 3000 innocent Jews who chose to build the Golden Calf in peaceful protest against Moe's tyranny? Can anyone defend YHWH(the God of Terrorism) for the horrible atrocities he commits, and has his minions commit? Which horrible atrocity and evil teachings in the OT shall we debate first then? You chooses.

Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Let God be true and every man a liar.

To which god is the Bible an abomination? Because it would seem if the God of the Bible is God, then you're just being silly and inflammatory.
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 10:37:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 9:01:37 AM, s-anthony wrote:
At 7/10/2013 11:10:14 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/10/2013 11:03:59 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
At 7/10/2013 10:42:50 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
He being the owner of all that exists, does justify his justice. so instead of wondering how moral, you should be focused on God truth.

Does that mean I should throw away what my heart is telling me about morals and replace it with the OT's. Is there anything about the OT that can hold any water at all? Do you actually believe the OT has any credibility at all? To the point of actually throwing away your moral compass and replace it with Moses's moral compass? Who is this Moses to know Jack about Jack? Is he good because he tells you he is? Is he and YHWH good for murdering 1000's of peaceful protesters?

What are my own Morals ? do you mean the modern secular morals ?!The creator is the one who knows what our morals ought to be, we humans don't really know, hence why we differ so much about them.Moses is a worshipper of God, that God chose for a mission, that he did accomplish, and for that reason he is good, for he know his lord, and doesn't follow his own desires.

Modern secular morals, you mean the morals that call for freedom of religion? If you don't agree with religious tolerance, why don't you do as Moses did? Why not initiate genocide in your own country? Why tolerate all the abominations that are spelled out in the Bill of Rights? To do so would mean letting the infidel prosper and live in defiance against your god. Your lack of action is cowardice and apathetic immorality.

This argument, that the followers of theistic religion display behaviors that are not consistent with actual belief, is important.

Actually, faithfully following all the various edicts and arcana of the bible requires criminality. Actual belief in the various tales requires insanity.

All true believers are criminally insane. To the extent that good people follow (I did not say "believe") the bible without taking its repeated demands to commit atrocities literally, they have rejected the truth of their religions.

As a person who could be called "anti-theistic," I can find no better definition for "atheist" than "a person who does not think the bible is literally true."
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 11:10:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 9:14:04 AM, Naysayer wrote:
At 7/10/2013 10:32:29 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
Can anyone defend the atrocities of Moses? Is there any way anyone can defend the murder of the innocent, faceless hero whom chose to pick up sticks on Moses's Sabbath in protest of his laws? Can you defend the murders of 3000 innocent Jews who chose to build the Golden Calf in peaceful protest against Moe's tyranny? Can anyone defend YHWH(the God of Terrorism) for the horrible atrocities he commits, and has his minions commit? Which horrible atrocity and evil teachings in the OT shall we debate first then? You chooses.

Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Let God be true and every man a liar.

To which god is the Bible an abomination? Because it would seem if the God of the Bible is God, then you're just being silly and inflammatory.

Of course it's being silly, just not as silly as a belief that the god of his book is benevolent.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 11:18:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 9:01:37 AM, s-anthony wrote:
At 7/10/2013 11:10:14 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

What are my own Morals ? do you mean the modern secular morals ?!The creator is the one who knows what our morals ought to be, we humans don't really know, hence why we differ so much about them.Moses is a worshipper of God, that God chose for a mission, that he did accomplish, and for that reason he is good, for he know his lord, and doesn't follow his own desires.

Modern secular morals, you mean the morals that call for freedom of religion? If you don't agree with religious tolerance, why don't you do as Moses did? Why not initiate genocide in your own country? Why tolerate all the abominations that are spelled out in the Bill of Rights? To do so would mean letting the infidel prosper and live in defiance against your god. Your lack of action is cowardice and apathetic immorality.

If God ordered that, I would do, but He did not.

Whatever one does against God he will really do nothing except against his own self, for this life is not eternal, and he shall taste a bitter doom afterward.

and you contradict yourself, you say freedom of religion is good, when you believe religion is evil!
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 11:23:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/10/2013 11:39:32 PM, DeFool wrote:
"The creator is the one who knows what our morals ought to be, we humans don't really know"

This argument suggests that gods and goddesses hand down our ideas of "right and wrong."

I note (with sympathy) that the writer of this argument comes from a religion that teaches us that our knowledge of good and evil come from a lesser deity named "Satan."

From Genesis 4: the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

And, she ate... and the rest.

I love the lunacy of the bible.

The knowledge of Good and evil didn't come from Satan (who is a creature himself) but from eating the fruit that was there already, and all together came the fatality of death.

And this knowledge comes in the progeny of the first man as instinct, that is fought by the evil desires of man.

For this reason does god send his messengers, to remind people of the right path to eternal life.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 11:27:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 10:37:24 AM, DeFool wrote:

All true believers are criminally insane. To the extent that good people follow (I did not say "believe") the bible without taking its repeated demands to commit atrocities literally, they have rejected the truth of their religions.

As a person who could be called "anti-theistic," I can find no better definition for "atheist" than "a person who does not think the bible is literally true."

Not all the commands can be kept by all the people, part of the commands are to be kept by the government, the leaders.Like killing the murderer, and the homosexual, or the adulterer this can't be done by any individual, but by the state.
Naysayer
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 11:43:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 11:23:24 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
The knowledge of Good and evil didn't come from Satan (who is a creature himself) but from eating the fruit that was there already, and all together came the fatality of death.

Of course it does. How would an innocent get knowledge of good and evil except through experiencing them?
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 11:55:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 11:43:36 AM, Naysayer wrote:
At 7/11/2013 11:23:24 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
The knowledge of Good and evil didn't come from Satan (who is a creature himself) but from eating the fruit that was there already, and all together came the fatality of death.

Of course it does. How would an innocent get knowledge of good and evil except through experiencing them?

The apes (our cousins according to some ape lovers) experience it all, but still ignore it all !!!
Naysayer
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 12:05:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 11:55:44 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/11/2013 11:43:36 AM, Naysayer wrote:
At 7/11/2013 11:23:24 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
The knowledge of Good and evil didn't come from Satan (who is a creature himself) but from eating the fruit that was there already, and all together came the fatality of death.

Of course it does. How would an innocent get knowledge of good and evil except through experiencing them?

The apes (our cousins according to some ape lovers) experience it all, but still ignore it all !!!

I always find it funny that those wanting to use the Bible to mock God refuse to acknowledge his character and abilities as spelled out in the same book. Talk about inconsistencies...

The Bible does claim that God directed those people to be killed. He directed the armies of Israel to march over Canaan and stomp them out. It also says God is an almighty and all-knowing God.

Given that, I would say He's got the inside track on the likelihood of someone repenting. Even outside of that, He only ever owes you one opportunity to believe him in the name of justice.

The Bible says that God provided the law to bring us to Christ. All its rules and structures and forms and rituals are meant to point to Christ, to show us how far we are from his standard.

The Bible says that God is love. And He loved us while we were shaking our fists at him and provided a sacrifice in our place if we'll just accept it.

The Bible also says that God is a just God. Revelation says that the books (the record books, presumably) will be opened at the end of time and people will be allowed to show God what they've done and why they deserve to go to heaven. Save up your grievances. You'll get your shot at telling God what you think.

A warning, however. Those not found in the Lamb's book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 12:57:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 11:18:26 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/11/2013 9:01:37 AM, s-anthony wrote:
At 7/10/2013 11:10:14 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

What are my own Morals ? do you mean the modern secular morals ?!The creator is the one who knows what our morals ought to be, we humans don't really know, hence why we differ so much about them.Moses is a worshipper of God, that God chose for a mission, that he did accomplish, and for that reason he is good, for he know his lord, and doesn't follow his own desires.

Modern secular morals, you mean the morals that call for freedom of religion? If you don't agree with religious tolerance, why don't you do as Moses did? Why not initiate genocide in your own country? Why tolerate all the abominations that are spelled out in the Bill of Rights? To do so would mean letting the infidel prosper and live in defiance against your god. Your lack of action is cowardice and apathetic immorality.

If God ordered that, I would do, but He did not.

Whatever one does against God he will really do nothing except against his own self, for this life is not eternal, and he shall taste a bitter doom afterward.

and you contradict yourself, you say freedom of religion is good, when you believe religion is evil!

I never said religion is evil. I believe religion is both good and evil, just like everything else in the universe, including your god.
Bagofhammers
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 4:59:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 12:57:31 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 7/11/2013 11:18:26 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/11/2013 9:01:37 AM, s-anthony wrote:
At 7/10/2013 11:10:14 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

What are my own Morals ? do you mean the modern secular morals ?!The creator is the one who knows what our morals ought to be, we humans don't really know, hence why we differ so much about them.Moses is a worshipper of God, that God chose for a mission, that he did accomplish, and for that reason he is good, for he know his lord, and doesn't follow his own desires.

Modern secular morals, you mean the morals that call for freedom of religion? If you don't agree with religious tolerance, why don't you do as Moses did? Why not initiate genocide in your own country? Why tolerate all the abominations that are spelled out in the Bill of Rights? To do so would mean letting the infidel prosper and live in defiance against your god. Your lack of action is cowardice and apathetic immorality.

If God ordered that, I would do, but He did not.

Whatever one does against God he will really do nothing except against his own self, for this life is not eternal, and he shall taste a bitter doom afterward.

and you contradict yourself, you say freedom of religion is good, when you believe religion is evil!

I never said religion is evil. I believe religion is both good and evil, just like everything else in the universe, including your god.

When you get right down to it, it isn't religion itself that causes evil, rather, it is the Bible that causes evil. It all starts with Moses and ends with Moses imo. An actual religion that allows the study of and freedom to worship all religions and deities of the world is the true path to God. The Bible is waaaay off course. It makes people bigoted. That is the effect Moses has. They actually believe that all other religions and all gays are evil. That is one of the effects the Bible has on them. I believe the African slave market flourished back in the day. The Bible not only sanctions slavery, but it sanctions the beating of slaves, and the selling of children into slavery.
Naysayer
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 5:46:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 4:59:48 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
When you get right down to it, it isn't religion itself that causes evil, rather, it is the Bible that causes evil. It all starts with Moses and ends with Moses imo. An actual religion that allows the study of and freedom to worship all religions and deities of the world is the true path to God. The Bible is waaaay off course. It makes people bigoted. That is the effect Moses has. They actually believe that all other religions and all gays are evil. That is one of the effects the Bible has on them. I believe the African slave market flourished back in the day. The Bible not only sanctions slavery, but it sanctions the beating of slaves, and the selling of children into slavery.

A religion that allows the study and worship of any and all religions isn't a religion, it's a buffet. I find it funny that people want to tell you to worship anything, but not THAT, you can't worship THAT. Ridiculous.

Slavery is the most obvious metaphor for sin there is. The Old Testament types were prepared in advance to explain the New Testament. When Christ showed up in the flesh, he was still speaking in parables.