Total Posts:67|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Can God love or have a moral sense?

GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 8:47:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Can God love or have a moral sense?

Scriptures tell us that God is the bench mark for morality and love. I think it a foolish saying but many say that God is love. They also say that faith without works and deeds is dead. St James. In that description I include love. Love, without works, deeds and displays of some kind, is dead.

Morality is something that creatures will only develop if living in groups. The same could be said of love. There is no need for morality, good ethics or love if one is alone the way God was for untold millennia before creating anything.

He therefore had no need of morality or love and could not have had them or have any need or desire for them. An Omni-God has no wants or needs.

Morality in that sense is like love and faith. All of these need works and deeds or some form of display, ---- or as scriptures say, ---- they are dead.

God is not doing works and deeds and not showing his so called love of mankind in any knowable way and it would thus be incorrect to say that God is our moral bench mark or that God loves us or anyone else at all.

Perhaps this is why Christians have to develop a double set of moral standards to exonerate the immoral actions that the Christian God does. Christians praise and adore God for doing things that they condemn in man. Christians give a free pass for evil to their God. Somewhat in the same way that God gives Satan a free pass, and in fact, God helps Satan do evil by letting him roam free and even giving Satan the power to deceive us all. Quite the judge that. If he was human, good people would get rid of such, yet God is praised for such evil by his followers.

God does not seem to do works, deeds or other forms of display.

Can God have a moral sense and can he love without ever having to show it?

Are God"s morals and love dead?

Regards
DL
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 9:04:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
St James is correct about morality for people, and love for people.

Just as Jesus repeated many times along the Gospel, he who doesn't keep the commands doesn't Love God and doesn't deserve His love.

God loves, but He is not Love, He is able of both love and hate, He loves Good and Hates evil.

Now about God morals, they exist but are different from ours, for He is not comparable to us, He is the creator, and we are the creatures. I give you an example with this attribute, Arrogance is justified for him and is a positive attribute for God, for He truly is superior to all his creatures, and even is the reason for their existence, so He asking people to worship Him is justified.

But arrogance is a negative attribute for humans, no one has the right to be arrogant for God forbade it and made it a sin in between us.

Also Marriage, It is good and Moral for humans, but immoral for God, for He is the creator of All, he is self sufficient.

Now about God expressing His love? why do you think he made heaven then ? this is the place for test, and there is the place for reward. God love is not dead, it just is some hours away.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 10:00:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 9:04:48 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
St James is correct about morality for people, and love for people.

Just as Jesus repeated many times along the Gospel, he who doesn't keep the commands doesn't Love God and doesn't deserve His love.

God loves, but He is not Love, He is able of both love and hate, He loves Good and Hates evil.


Then why does he create evil as scriptures say he does?
Scriptures also say that he creates everything for his pleasure. What pleasure does creating evil give him?


Now about God morals, they exist but are different from ours, for He is not comparable to us,

Wrong.
Genesis says our moral sense is the same as God's as A & E became as God's in the knowing of good and evil.


He is the creator, and we are the creatures.

Opinion and not fact.

I give you an example with this attribute, Arrogance is justified for him and is a positive attribute for God,

I know that you have to maintain an immoral double standard of morality to maintain your religious position. If you do not see a problem with that then you are Satan's.

You also ignore as above so below.


for He truly is superior to all his creatures, and even is the reason for their existence,

Opinion and not fact. Stop lying.

so He asking people to worship Him is justified.

But arrogance is a negative attribute for humans, no one has the right to be arrogant for God forbade it and made it a sin in between us.

Also Marriage, It is good and Moral for humans, but immoral for God, for He is the creator of All, he is self sufficient.

Now about God expressing His love? why do you think he made heaven then ? this is the place for test, and there is the place for reward. God love is not dead, it just is some hours away.

Sure. Another lie.

Your honesty has not improved so be prepared to be ignored if you do not stop lying.

Regards
DLs
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 10:29:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 10:00:34 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Then why does he create evil as scriptures say he does?
Scriptures also say that he creates everything for his pleasure. What pleasure does creating evil give him? *1


Wrong.
Genesis says our moral sense is the same as God's as A & E became as God's in the knowing of good and evil.*2
Opinion and not fact.*3


I know that you have to maintain an immoral double standard of morality to maintain your religious position. If you do not see a problem with that then you are Satan's.

You also ignore as above so below.

Opinion and not fact. Stop lying.

Sure. Another lie..*4

Your honesty has not improved so be prepared to be ignored if you do not stop lying..*5

Regards
DLs

*1- He creates whatever He wills, and can end anything He creates, He created the evil we know to test us. why test us ? to pick the best for his service.*2- But there is no contradiction between what I say and what Genesis say!! Genesis is not saying God morals are ours, but we know our morals as much God knows them, Why then did he put that tree in that Garden ?!

*3- Do you mean you can create a bee ?!*4- What am I lying about ? you mean God is not superior or what *5- Not because we disagree should I be the liar, you could be the one, or we could be both honest but don't have the same understanding of things. But you could start being constructive and explain what you mean by lie and eventually support your claim.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 11:04:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 8:47:17 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Can God love or have a moral sense?
Can the Definer of love and morals, Himself love and have a moral sense? Of course!

Scriptures tell us that God is the bench mark for morality and love. I think it a foolish saying but many say that God is love.
Yes, among other things.

They also say that faith without works and deeds is dead.
For shizzle! And this is something Protestants reject.

St James. In that description I include love. Love, without works, deeds and displays of some kind, is dead.
And how! I'm sure that you are smart enough to realize the above is referring to people, right?

Morality is something that creatures will only develop if living in groups.
Good thing we're not talking about developing morals, but rather handing them down!

The same could be said of love.
It's a good thing that God gave us morality and love once He wasn't alone!

There is no need for morality, good ethics or love if one is alone the way God was for untold millennia before creating anything.
Need and want are different things, but I'm sure you're smart enough to know that as well. That said, I guess it's a good thing God can do things regardless of whether there is a need for them or not.

He therefore had no need of morality or love and could not have had them or have any need or desire for them.
Indeed you don't know the difference between need and want! That's a shame, I thought you were smarter than that.

An Omni-God has no wants or needs.
http://www.quickmeme.com...

Morality in that sense is like love and faith. All of these need works and deeds or some form of display, ---- or as scriptures say, ---- they are dead.
It's a good thing that these were meant to apply to people and not God.

God is not doing works and deeds and not showing his so called love of mankind in any knowable way and it would thus be incorrect to say that God is our moral bench mark or that God loves us or anyone else at all.
Ask His believers and they will quickly correct you on this point. Any one of them will tell you that they experience God's love throughout their lives.

Perhaps this is why Christians have to develop a double set of moral standards to exonerate the immoral actions that the Christian God does.
Or perhaps your premises are fallacious? The latter.

Christians praise and adore God for doing things that they condemn in man.
Not surprising as man is not God.

Christians give a free pass for evil to their God.
http://cdn.meme.li...

Somewhat in the same way that God gives Satan a free pass, and in fact, God helps Satan do evil by letting him roam free and even giving Satan the power to deceive us all. Quite the judge that. If he was human, good people would get rid of such, yet God is praised for such evil by his followers.
Have you ever heard of the concept of free will? Look into that and then get back to me.

God does not seem to do works, deeds or other forms of display.
Fair enough, you did use the word "seem". Perhaps you are not looking hard enough? I do suggest to speak to His followers as they will be able to enlighten you on this query.

Can God have a moral sense and can he love without ever having to show it?
At this point, I don't think answering this non sequitur matters.

Are God"s morals and love dead?
Clearly not.

Regards
DL
Cheers!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 11:19:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 10:29:25 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/11/2013 10:00:34 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Then why does he create evil as scriptures say he does?
Scriptures also say that he creates everything for his pleasure. What pleasure does creating evil give him? *1


Wrong.
Genesis says our moral sense is the same as God's as A & E became as God's in the knowing of good and evil.*2
Opinion and not fact.*3


I know that you have to maintain an immoral double standard of morality to maintain your religious position. If you do not see a problem with that then you are Satan's.

You also ignore as above so below.

Opinion and not fact. Stop lying.

Sure. Another lie..*4

Your honesty has not improved so be prepared to be ignored if you do not stop lying..*5

Regards
DLs

*1- He creates whatever He wills, and can end anything He creates, He created the evil we know to test us. why test us ? to pick the best for his service.*2- But there is no contradiction between what I say and what Genesis say!! Genesis is not saying God morals are ours, but we know our morals as much God knows them, Why then did he put that tree in that Garden ?!

*3- Do you mean you can create a bee ?!*4- What am I lying about ? you mean God is not superior or what *5- Not because we disagree should I be the liar, you could be the one, or we could be both honest but don't have the same understanding of things. But you could start being constructive and explain what you mean by lie and eventually support your claim.

I am not going to constantly correct you when you say thing that are definitive about a God that all say is unfathomable and cannot be described. Your descriptions are lies but you will believe them because you are a literalist and idol worshipper.

Discuss what can be known, stop lying or be gone.

Regards
DL
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 11:30:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 11:19:23 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

I am not going to constantly correct you when you say thing that are definitive about a God that all say is unfathomable and cannot be described. Your descriptions are lies but you will believe them because you are a literalist and idol worshipper.

Discuss what can be known, stop lying or be gone.

Regards
DL

So I now finally understand that your objection is my literal understanding! why do you believe literal understanding of plain verses is wrong?! from scripture please.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 11:30:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 11:04:25 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 7/11/2013 8:47:17 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Can God love or have a moral sense?
Can the Definer of love and morals, Himself love and have a moral sense? Of course!

Scriptures tell us that God is the bench mark for morality and love. I think it a foolish saying but many say that God is love.
Yes, among other things.

They also say that faith without works and deeds is dead.
For shizzle! And this is something Protestants reject.

St James. In that description I include love. Love, without works, deeds and displays of some kind, is dead.
And how! I'm sure that you are smart enough to realize the above is referring to people, right?

Morality is something that creatures will only develop if living in groups.
Good thing we're not talking about developing morals, but rather handing them down!

The same could be said of love.
It's a good thing that God gave us morality and love once He wasn't alone!

There is no need for morality, good ethics or love if one is alone the way God was for untold millennia before creating anything.
Need and want are different things, but I'm sure you're smart enough to know that as well. That said, I guess it's a good thing God can do things regardless of whether there is a need for them or not.

He therefore had no need of morality or love and could not have had them or have any need or desire for them.
Indeed you don't know the difference between need and want! That's a shame, I thought you were smarter than that.

An Omni-God has no wants or needs.
http://www.quickmeme.com...

Morality in that sense is like love and faith. All of these need works and deeds or some form of display, ---- or as scriptures say, ---- they are dead.
It's a good thing that these were meant to apply to people and not God.

God is not doing works and deeds and not showing his so called love of mankind in any knowable way and it would thus be incorrect to say that God is our moral bench mark or that God loves us or anyone else at all.
Ask His believers and they will quickly correct you on this point. Any one of them will tell you that they experience God's love throughout their lives.

Perhaps this is why Christians have to develop a double set of moral standards to exonerate the immoral actions that the Christian God does.
Or perhaps your premises are fallacious? The latter.

Christians praise and adore God for doing things that they condemn in man.
Not surprising as man is not God.

Christians give a free pass for evil to their God.
http://cdn.meme.li...

Somewhat in the same way that God gives Satan a free pass, and in fact, God helps Satan do evil by letting him roam free and even giving Satan the power to deceive us all. Quite the judge that. If he was human, good people would get rid of such, yet God is praised for such evil by his followers.
Have you ever heard of the concept of free will? Look into that and then get back to me.

God does not seem to do works, deeds or other forms of display.
Fair enough, you did use the word "seem". Perhaps you are not looking hard enough? I do suggest to speak to His followers as they will be able to enlighten you on this query.

Can God have a moral sense and can he love without ever having to show it?
At this point, I don't think answering this non sequitur matters.

Are God"s morals and love dead?
Clearly not.

Regards
DL
Cheers!

Christians praise and adore God for doing things that they condemn in man.

Not surprising as man is not God.
==========================

You recognize the Christian double standard of morality yet do not seem to care.

You are Satan's and I cannot help you.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 11:36:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 11:30:08 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/11/2013 11:19:23 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

I am not going to constantly correct you when you say thing that are definitive about a God that all say is unfathomable and cannot be described. Your descriptions are lies but you will believe them because you are a literalist and idol worshipper.

Discuss what can be known, stop lying or be gone.

Regards
DL

So I now finally understand that your objection is my literal understanding! why do you believe literal understanding of plain verses is wrong?! from scripture please.

1 Thesalonian 5;21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Apply that to ---" And he said unto the woman,"

Genesis 3;3 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman,

Will you hold fast to that possibility?

Regards
DL
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 11:37:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 11:30:40 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

Christians praise and adore God for doing things that they condemn in man.

Not surprising as man is not God.
==========================

You recognize the Christian double standard of morality yet do not seem to care.

You are Satan's and I cannot help you.

Regards
DL

Well do you recognise that God isn't a man ? and therefore his morals shouldn't be the same, or you want to be equal with God?Where do you get this idea that God and men got to be equal ?I understand you believe in God but I don't know what faith exactly you follow, and if you believe in any scripture? Please stop calling me Satan, you are making Satan laugh!
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 12:32:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 11:37:27 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/11/2013 11:30:40 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

Christians praise and adore God for doing things that they condemn in man.

Not surprising as man is not God.
==========================

You recognize the Christian double standard of morality yet do not seem to care.

You are Satan's and I cannot help you.

Regards
DL

Well do you recognise that God isn't a man ? and therefore his morals shouldn't be the same, or you want to be equal with God?Where do you get this idea that God and men got to be equal ?I understand you believe in God but I don't know what faith exactly you follow, and if you believe in any scripture? Please stop calling me Satan, you are making Satan laugh!

That was for t bone dear.

As to what I believe.

Here is one of the ways to get to where I am.

If you seek God you might find him.

If you already idol worship what you have been taught then you will never know the real Goddess in you. A shame that.

Regards
DL
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 10:12:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 9:04:48 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
St James is correct about morality for people, and love for people.

Just as Jesus repeated many times along the Gospel, he who doesn't keep the commands doesn't Love God and doesn't deserve His love.

God loves, but He is not Love, He is able of both love and hate, He loves Good and Hates evil.

Now about God morals, they exist but are different from ours, for He is not comparable to us, He is the creator, and we are the creatures. I give you an example with this attribute, Arrogance is justified for him and is a positive attribute for God, for He truly is superior to all his creatures, and even is the reason for their existence, so He asking people to worship Him is justified.

But arrogance is a negative attribute for humans, no one has the right to be arrogant for God forbade it and made it a sin in between us.

Also Marriage, It is good and Moral for humans, but immoral for God, for He is the creator of All, he is self sufficient.

Now about God expressing His love? why do you think he made heaven then ? this is the place for test, and there is the place for reward. God love is not dead, it just is some hours away.

The way you look at the world sounds similar to the way a child would.

"God" created us, so he is allowed to manipulate us to his whim? Why would such a being even have a whim? Why would such a being even create a test?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 10:16:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 10:29:25 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

*1- He creates whatever He wills, and can end anything He creates, He created the evil we know to test us. why test us ? to pick the best for his service.

Why does he need service, or want service? He already knows the "best", why does he need a test?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 11:33:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 11:30:40 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 7/11/2013 11:04:25 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
Christians praise and adore God for doing things that they condemn in man.

Not surprising as man is not God.
You've resolved it for yourself, great! You seems to be making progress. Since man is not God, man cannot judge God. Since God is not man, I would not expect God to judge Himself by the rules He set forth for man.

==========================

You recognize the Christian double standard of morality yet do not seem to care.
Just when I thought you got it, you didn't! You take 1 step forwards and 2 steps bask!

You are Satan's and I cannot help you.
That would be yourself, as those who wish to judge God by standards meant for men are surely of the Devil.

Regards
DL
Cheers!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 12:03:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 8:47:17 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Can God love or have a moral sense?

Scriptures tell us that God is the bench mark for morality and love. I think it a foolish saying but many say that God is love. They also say that faith without works and deeds is dead. St James. In that description I include love. Love, without works, deeds and displays of some kind, is dead.

Morality is something that creatures will only develop if living in groups. The same could be said of love. There is no need for morality, good ethics or love if one is alone the way God was for untold millennia before creating anything.

He therefore had no need of morality or love and could not have had them or have any need or desire for them. An Omni-God has no wants or needs.

Morality in that sense is like love and faith. All of these need works and deeds or some form of display, ---- or as scriptures say, ---- they are dead.

God is not doing works and deeds and not showing his so called love of mankind in any knowable way and it would thus be incorrect to say that God is our moral bench mark or that God loves us or anyone else at all.

Perhaps this is why Christians have to develop a double set of moral standards to exonerate the immoral actions that the Christian God does. Christians praise and adore God for doing things that they condemn in man. Christians give a free pass for evil to their God. Somewhat in the same way that God gives Satan a free pass, and in fact, God helps Satan do evil by letting him roam free and even giving Satan the power to deceive us all. Quite the judge that. If he was human, good people would get rid of such, yet God is praised for such evil by his followers.

God does not seem to do works, deeds or other forms of display.

Can God have a moral sense and can he love without ever having to show it?

Are God"s morals and love dead?

Regards
DL

What more does God need to do than he has done already?

Yeah, okay, there are a few things, but they're all planned for the future; the complete removal of evil from the Earth, the restoration of the planet to what it should have been, the restoration of humanity to what they should have been.

All of these are in hand, and we are very nearly at the time when they are scheduled to start.

Love and morality are best displayed by Justice. God has displayed a lot of that over his history.

First, he showed his creation love by creating not only the angels to look after everything, but also the Earth as a home for humanity and humanity in its perfect sense to live on it eternally and in peace. He even gave the first to a perfect home to start with in the Garden of Eden.

Had they stayed faithful. They could've had perfect children worked alongside them to help extend the Paradise across the whole of the year, and had a perfect close, loving relationship with the God who created them.

Unfortunately, an angel, one given greater authority over the garden of Eden apparently, got greedy.

It's fairly easy to picture the workings of his mind, there really was overseeing this insignificant little patch of land on an insignificant planet with two insignificant little humans on it. Why would God miss that? Why couldn't he have that little bit all to himself?

Of course, what he forgot was that though this might be an insignificant little planet, within insignificant little patch of garden on it with two seemingly insignificant little human beings on it, it will actually the entire focus of God's creation. So yes, God did miss it. Or to be more precise, he did not miss what happened on it

Had Adam and Eve remained faithful, that would be no problem. Even with Eve giving in to temptation, had Adam trusted his creator and turned to him to help no doubt something could have been done to sort out the problem. God is not vindictive, and he wanted it to work.

However Adam did not remain faithful and that gave Satan all the ammunition he needed to raise an issue, a challenge. Would any human ever especially now they are becoming perfect serve God faithfully and willingly despite hardship.

What was got to do? He only really had two options.

The first was quite simply, to wipe out Adam, Eve Satan in a new, followed Satan and start again. But what would that prove. It would prove he had the power to do it, but they all knew that anyway. It would proving to be a bully who got his way by force, not a good idea.

The second option was to give Satan the opportunity to prove that he could make it work. What would that mean that would mean that all the angels would know for certain whether God was right or not, and the issue would be answered once and for all time.

However, it wouldn't exactly be fair if eternally living humans were subjected to the full range of Satan's tricks over an eternity, or even a long time. So God reduced mankind's lifespan to approximately 3 score years and 10, significantly to those spiritually minded a multiple of seven.

He then set a limited time, which turns out to have been approximately 7000 years.

Why 7000 years?

Well, for one thing, God needed to set a new plan in motion and develop that plan over a certain time so that it would not fail. He also had to give Satan a fair crack of the wet. However, he also had to prevent Satan from just acting like a spoilt brat and destroying everything or even worse, influencing humanity to destroy itself before the time was up, both of which he was more than capable of doing, the second of which explains why God confused the language of Babel, and the fact that no Satan is cast down to the vicinity of year and has so much more influence the is succeeding in influencing man very much to destroy himself and the planet shows the wisdom of that and the loving nature of it.

It has to be remembered, of course, that to God, three score years and 10 is really little more than a blink of an eye, and when mankind is once again living eternally it will eventually seem like just that to us.

So God spent about 5000 years not only developing his plan, but inspiring a record of it for all who read it to learn from.

In the fulfilment of that plan he his son came to earth, to start gathering faithful followers.

Interestingly, one parable in particular that Jesus told when on earth spoke of likening the kingdom to a man who went away for a long time and interested his slaves with some of his money.

To one slave he gave five talents, to another to, and to a third one talent.

Two the slaves were faithful and double the money that was entrusted to them, where is the third buried the one talent in the ground and simply gave that back to his master. When he returned.

Jesus was there talking about himself as going away for a long time, which of course he did when he ascended back to heaven. That long-time turned out to be about 1800 years, and at the end of that time. What did he find?

Very few of those he left behind, had done anything with the talents they were given, those talents representing the knowledge and understanding given them through holy spirit.

The few faithful once he found who had at least tried to do something with it he pulled out of those apostate churches, and slowly and patiently trained partly through holy spirit, and partly through letting them make their own stupid mistakes and learn from them.

That is now all well underway and we are very close to the time when God's plan will kick into much greater action, starting with clearing the earth of all evil or false religion. Every trace of Satan, including his human governments. The dead who had little or no chance to learn the truth, will, along with all others be brought back to life on the in perfect human bodies, and will get the chance to see what life would have been like for Adam and Eve.

At the end of that will be a final test and the survivors will enjoy God's lo
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 12:12:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
technically the god that created us could be considered an evil god. i say that because everything the human race has not been an act of goodness and justice in any way. religion itself could be considered evil. most acts for religions are horrid and immoral. and most of us are worthy for the punishment of eternal torment in h3ll. you might of not committed such heinous acts, but many of you supported them with all of your hearts and souls.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 12:35:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 11:33:49 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 7/11/2013 11:30:40 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 7/11/2013 11:04:25 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
Christians praise and adore God for doing things that they condemn in man.

Not surprising as man is not God.
You've resolved it for yourself, great! You seems to be making progress. Since man is not God, man cannot judge God. Since God is not man, I would not expect God to judge Himself by the rules He set forth for man.

==========================

You recognize the Christian double standard of morality yet do not seem to care.
Just when I thought you got it, you didn't! You take 1 step forwards and 2 steps bask!

You are Satan's and I cannot help you.
That would be yourself, as those who wish to judge God by standards meant for men are surely of the Devil.

Regards
DL
Cheers!

You do not want me to judge God yet you have.

Is reciprocity not one of your moral tenets?

Just because you judge your genocidal son murdering God to be good, you get upset if I judge as you do and find him evil.

Tell us what is good about human sacrifice and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty.

Tell us why you judge your genocidal God as good.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 12:39:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 12:03:45 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
What more does God need to do than he has done already?

Just one provable thing so that we do not have to listen to people like you making stuff up.

I did not read your TLTR preaching. Did you want to give something to the issue in the O P?

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 12:43:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 12:12:41 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
technically the god that created us could be considered an evil god. i say that because everything the human race has not been an act of goodness and justice in any way. religion itself could be considered evil. most acts for religions are horrid and immoral. and most of us are worthy for the punishment of eternal torment in h3ll. you might of not committed such heinous acts, but many of you supported them with all of your hearts and souls.

And cash into church coffers.

You seem rather negative in terms of what the world is doing.

I track the main markers for evil and they are all down my friend. Just a bit of research will show you that.

Start with this.

Regards
DL
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 12:52:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 12:43:23 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 7/12/2013 12:12:41 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
technically the god that created us could be considered an evil god. i say that because everything the human race has not been an act of goodness and justice in any way. religion itself could be considered evil. most acts for religions are horrid and immoral. and most of us are worthy for the punishment of eternal torment in h3ll. you might of not committed such heinous acts, but many of you supported them with all of your hearts and souls.

And cash into church coffers.

You seem rather negative in terms of what the world is doing.

I track the main markers for evil and they are all down my friend. Just a bit of research will show you that.

Start with this.



Regards
DL

but there were always some acts of evil to get there. good is not present with no evil
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 12:52:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 12:35:10 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 7/12/2013 11:33:49 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:

You do not want me to judge God yet you have.
Non sequitur: neither I nor you can judge God. You have made it clear that you want to judge Him.

Is reciprocity not one of your moral tenets?
No, where'd you get that from? How is "turn the other cheek" reciprocity? Unless you are referring to the law of Moses "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" which is NOT a law of reciprocity but rather one of moderation. You wouldn't be trying to pedal medieval antisemitism, would you?

Just because you judge your genocidal son murdering God to be good, you get upset if I judge as you do and find him evil.
You are lacking in reading comprehension skills. See bold above.

Tell us what is good about human sacrifice and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty.
I do judge or question God; I trust in Him, unlike you who are with Beelzebub.

Tell us why you judge your genocidal God as good.
You understand that repeating things doesn't make them true, right? Maybe you don't, so I am here to teach you that. You're welcome in advanced.



Regards
DL

Try again, this time respond to me and not your strawman...as soon as you're done being in congress with the Devil that is!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 1:05:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 10:16:04 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 7/11/2013 10:29:25 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

*1- He creates whatever He wills, and can end anything He creates, He created the evil we know to test us. why test us ? to pick the best for his service.

Why does he need service, or want service? He already knows the "best", why does he need a test?

For Us to know we are not oppressed, for if He punished before the Test we would complain.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 1:12:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 10:12:44 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
The way you look at the world sounds similar to the way a child would.

"God" created us, so he is allowed to manipulate us to his whim? Why would such a being even have a whim? Why would such a being even create a test?

Yes He is the legitimate Owner of everything, and no one can judge Him! it is more simple than how people want to make it.

You call it a whim, He knows better what it is. He is not manipulating us, He is fair, and everyone will do what it takes to deserve their pay in the here after.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 1:17:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 12:52:12 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 7/12/2013 12:43:23 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 7/12/2013 12:12:41 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
technically the god that created us could be considered an evil god. i say that because everything the human race has not been an act of goodness and justice in any way. religion itself could be considered evil. most acts for religions are horrid and immoral. and most of us are worthy for the punishment of eternal torment in h3ll. you might of not committed such heinous acts, but many of you supported them with all of your hearts and souls.

And cash into church coffers.

You seem rather negative in terms of what the world is doing.

I track the main markers for evil and they are all down my friend. Just a bit of research will show you that.

Start with this.



Regards
DL

but there were always some acts of evil to get there. good is not present with no evil

I agree but there is still a lot more good being done daily than evil and things are improving along with education and better health.

Check crime rates, death rates and slavery rates. They are all at the best levels than they have ever been.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 1:22:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 12:52:48 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 7/12/2013 12:35:10 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 7/12/2013 11:33:49 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:

You do not want me to judge God yet you have.
Non sequitur: neither I nor you can judge God. You have made it clear that you want to judge Him.

Is reciprocity not one of your moral tenets?
No, where'd you get that from? How is "turn the other cheek" reciprocity? Unless you are referring to the law of Moses "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" which is NOT a law of reciprocity but rather one of moderation. You wouldn't be trying to pedal medieval antisemitism, would you?

Just because you judge your genocidal son murdering God to be good, you get upset if I judge as you do and find him evil.
You are lacking in reading comprehension skills. See bold above.

Tell us what is good about human sacrifice and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty.
I do judge or question God; I trust in Him, unlike you who are with Beelzebub.

Tell us why you judge your genocidal God as good.
You understand that repeating things doesn't make them true, right? Maybe you don't, so I am here to teach you that. You're welcome in advanced.



Regards
DL

Try again, this time respond to me and not your strawman...as soon as you're done being in congress with the Devil that is!

You have shown us how you trust in God and that is a judgement call as you deny that you judge.

If your view that you should trust your genocidal son murdering God is not a judgement call, then what is it?

Regards
DL
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 1:23:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 11:36:00 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
why do you believe literal understanding of plain verses is wrong?! from scripture please.

1 Thesalonian 5;21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Apply that to ---" And he said unto the woman,"

Genesis 3;3 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman,

Will you hold fast to that possibility?

Regards
DL

It isn't a possibility it's plain and clear, you test something that you can't understand, either because it is a prophecy and you don't know how it will happen, or because it's something to do with science and isn't proven true yet, or because it is a parable. you don't test a plain text like this one !
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 1:24:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 12:12:41 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
technically the god that created us could be considered an evil god. i say that because everything the human race has not been an act of goodness and justice in any way. religion itself could be considered evil. most acts for religions are horrid and immoral. and most of us are worthy for the punishment of eternal torment in h3ll. you might of not committed such heinous acts, but many of you supported them with all of your hearts and souls.

Define Good and Evil ?Do you not know that these have no meaning outside religious Morals?!
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 1:26:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 1:22:08 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 7/12/2013 12:52:48 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 7/12/2013 12:35:10 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 7/12/2013 11:33:49 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:

You do not want me to judge God yet you have.
Non sequitur: neither I nor you can judge God. You have made it clear that you want to judge Him.

Is reciprocity not one of your moral tenets?
No, where'd you get that from? How is "turn the other cheek" reciprocity? Unless you are referring to the law of Moses "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" which is NOT a law of reciprocity but rather one of moderation. You wouldn't be trying to pedal medieval antisemitism, would you?

Just because you judge your genocidal son murdering God to be good, you get upset if I judge as you do and find him evil.
You are lacking in reading comprehension skills. See bold above.

Tell us what is good about human sacrifice and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty.
I do judge or question God; I trust in Him, unlike you who are with Beelzebub.

Tell us why you judge your genocidal God as good.
You understand that repeating things doesn't make them true, right? Maybe you don't, so I am here to teach you that. You're welcome in advanced.



Regards
DL

Try again, this time respond to me and not your strawman...as soon as you're done being in congress with the Devil that is!

You have shown us how you trust in God and that is a judgement call as you deny that you judge.
If at first you don't succeed equivocate and equivocate again! I do NOT judge God, I trust in Him; I trust His judgement. Do not equivocate the concept of "trusting in God" with "judging God using morals and standards meant for men".

If your view that you should trust your genocidal son murdering God is not a judgement call, then what is it?
See above. Do try not to equivocate next time.

Regards
DL
Cheers!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 1:27:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 1:23:11 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 7/11/2013 11:36:00 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
why do you believe literal understanding of plain verses is wrong?! from scripture please.

1 Thesalonian 5;21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Apply that to ---" And he said unto the woman,"

Genesis 3;3 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman,

Will you hold fast to that possibility?

Regards
DL

It isn't a possibility it's plain and clear, you test something that you can't understand, either because it is a prophecy and you don't know how it will happen, or because it's something to do with science and isn't proven true yet, or because it is a parable. you don't test a plain text like this one !

So you cannot test the idea of a talking snake. Ok.
I can but I see that you are limited thanks to your brainwashing as a child.

That means that you really believe in talking snakes. Right?

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 1:31:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 1:26:42 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:


You have shown us how you trust in God and that is a judgement call as you deny that you judge.
If at first you don't succeed equivocate and equivocate again! I do NOT judge God, I trust in Him; I trust His judgement. Do not equivocate the concept of "trusting in God" with "judging God using morals and standards meant for men".

If your view that you should trust your genocidal son murdering God is not a judgement call, then what is it?
See above. Do try not to equivocate next time.

Regards
DL
Cheers!

If your view that you should trust your genocidal son murdering God is not a judgement call, then what is it?

People judge who to trust or not to trust.

If you are not honest enough to recognize that then you are too stupid for me to bother with.

Regards
DL